PDA

View Full Version : Pittsburgh Concert

resessions
09-30-2003, 12:31 AM
Wow! Can words describe what we just experienced??? I Had the pleasure to meet Bill, Debbie, Theresa, Greg, Ryan, Amy and Betsy before and after the concert. What a wonderful group of people....of course I knew Betsy would be cuz I met her at the Convention in Timmins last month. We met before at a restaurant near the Ramada Inn for a light dinner before going over to the Mellon Arena. But before that I first met Betsy in the Lobby of the Marriott when i arrived and she was basically jumping up and down with excitement when I stepped off the shuttle bus. She came up to me with one of her million dollar smiles and "Richard !!!! I just saw the band in the busses.

Anyway Betsy walked over with me to the front desk where i was to check in and found myself in line between two of the band members.... Brett was in front of me and Cory was behind me. They were actually checking out of the hotel and heard them talking about the ride up to Buffalo tonight after the show. I looked over at Cory after I checked in and told him I was looking forward to the show tonight. He smiled and said I hope we live up to the expectations of the fans. Very humble. I gave him a "Thumbs Up" and said you guys always do. He seemed pleased with me comment and said "Thanks. I hope you'll enjoy it."

Betsy and I were like giggling school girls after that... What a fun start to this night.

Ok....I can't remember what the numbers were that James Otto sang, but they sounded pretty good. Typical country music flair. You could tell he has talent....it was just that deep down, I kept thinking "Lets get this over so that Shania can start." Otto did about 6 -7 numbers. Played Acustical guitar.

OK....the start was the same as described in Hamilton. Shadow of what looked like Shania in the Top hat for MIFLAW. Then She actually appeared at one end of the arena and walked through the crowd up to the stage.

Song set was as follows:

Man I feel like a Woman
UP !
Honey I'm Home
C'est La Vie
FAFA
I'm not in the Mood
SNJAPF
Don't be stupid
When you kiss me
Gone and Done it
Whose bed have your boots been under
From this moment
No One needs to know
Thank You Baby
The woman in me
That Don't impress me much
What a way to wanna be
Ain't no particular way
Come on over
In My Car
IGGG
IYNIIFL-I'm out of here

Finally (Encore)
Still the one
Any man of Mine
Rock this country

I don't think I missed any.....might have missed one.

Shania was very interactive with the crowd. During the first half of the concert she was giving alot of autographs out as she circled the stage. The second half of the concert, the security tightend things up to keep people away from the stage. She did alot of sweeping her hands out to let people touch her hands. (light slap, high 5's sort of thing) She made an extra effort to reach out to little girls in the crowd when they came forward.

The energy was increadible !!!! Couple of fun moments worth noting here:

1) A guy had a sign that said I kissed your right cheek in '98. How about the left ?!!! So she called him up, let him kiss her left cheek, then autographed his sign and shirt.

2) Took a young three year old girl into her arms onto center stage, (the little girl was wearing a cowboy hat). Shania asked her name, how old she was and if she could sing any of her songs...The girl said yes and when Shania asked which one she said "Itsy bitsy Spider". That got a laugh from Shania and the crowd and Shania asked her to sing it...and she sang the whole song...It was soooo cute.

3) 17 years old girl was brought up because she had a sign that said "It's my Birthday". Wished her happy b-day gave her a few autographs, had her sing a bit of IGGG before Shania sang her version. (kinda like Chicago with the little girls)

4) Brought up a winner of the kids cafe raffle for a picture and autograph.

5) Looks the the outfits were similar to Hamiltion except finally(encore) which was black sweatpants and a Pittsburgh Steelers T-shirt (cut short for belly button exposure)

6) Local drummers from local Pittsburgh area on stage for If youre not in it for love i'm out of here.
7) Other things described in Hamilton happened here. Band introducing each other one by while falling through the stage for the first costume change, JP Blair doing a drum routine, Shania apprearing in the audience to sing From this Moment after the first costume change, and came down into the audience to dance during In MY Car.

Some personal highlights for me:

1) Shania signed my Shania Twain hat while singing Im not in the mood.
2) Shania signed my Worldwide fan convention name tag while singing She not just a pretty face
3) Shania gave me a High-5 (yes folks I touched her) during C'est La Vie
4) My second High-5 from her during Gone and Done it.
5) While singing Thank You Baby she was facing me at the edge of the stage and I held up my "TIMMINS" bumper sticker and she smiled really big at me making eye contact with that smile for at least 5-7 seconds even though it seemed like forever (my heart melted when that one happened)
6) While singing Ain't no particular way, I did the heart shaped beating thing with my hands like the actor does in "Dance with the one who brought you". I could tell she got a kick out of it cuz it cracked her up, she giggled a little and gave me a wink.
7) My 6th row seat turned out to be a third row seat. I had row "F" but there was no rows "A,B,C" in section 16 on the floor. Woo Hoo !!!

The t-shirts are pretty much as reported in other threads. The cities listed on the back of the shirts are only those that have been announced so far. Guess there will be a new set of shirts made when other venues are announced. T-shirts was US$30. Several varietys. also a few womens-tank top types and a sweat shirt....forgot to look at the price of those.

I arranged with the Marriott hotel manager to let us use the conceirge lounge after the concert, so the group mentioned above met up there to let the traffic die doen before they had to head out....I order some refreshments but room service was too slow so everybody had to leave before they could be brought up.....but Bill had a group picture up in the concierge lounge and we had a good chance to visit there in relative peace and quiet from the hustle/bustle of the after-crowd. We did meet Randal from the band in the lobby before we went up to the lounge and were able to tell him how much we enjoyed the show. (He was picking up his jewlery from teh hotel safe). While in the lounge we saw from the 20th floor window the fleet of buses pulling out of the Mellon arena backlot for their trek up to Buffalo tonight.

Was a wonderful night of Shania...it surely exceeded my expectations. it was fun to meet all the fans and to see Betsy again. The fans at this concert were great too. Shania draws a great element of people. That makes it so much better. And Shania did a great job of reaching out to the fans during the concert.....hundreds of autographs while she was singing, countless high-5's/hand touches....it is so amazing that she could sing, sign and not miss a beat......what an amazing performer.....what talent !!!!!

For those of you to soon see Shania in concert, you are in for the time of your life !!!!!!

Best regards,
=Richard=

AINAHS
09-30-2003, 12:56 AM
Originally posted by resessions
.....and a Pittsburgh Steelers T-shirt (cut short for belly button exposure)

..... :D :D Wow thanks for that expansive review and commentary!!!!!!!!!!!! Any photos taken?:D :D

Debbie
09-30-2003, 12:57 AM
Richard, that was fantastic.!!! I'm sooo happy for you!!!! I can't believe that you got all that stuff singed. I guess it was a very Happy Birthday!!!!!!!

Betsy - way to go - seeing Mutt. I saw him in Chicago and now you have seen him, too. Was there anyone that you knew around you when you saw him or were you like me quietly trying to find someone to point him out to? You only get a second a poof he is gone!:)

resessions
09-30-2003, 01:01 AM
Originally posted by AINAHS
:D :D Wow thanks for that expansive review and commentary!!!!!!!!!!!! Any photos taken?:D :D

Lots of People had cameras....lots of people were taking pictures. I know that Bill took quite a few. I didn't bring a camera and even if I did, I didn't have time for taking pictures.....I was busy with Shania LOL.

I'll never wash my left hand again...well I guess I will but...Dang !!!!! I touched Shania tonight !!!!! Woo Hoo !!!!! Stay tuned, I'm sure pictures will show up.

=Richard=

Jud
09-30-2003, 01:09 AM
Thanks for the great review, and happy for you for all that autographs!

tower
09-30-2003, 01:38 AM
Hey Richard, you are the Best and Shania knew that when she signed your 2003 Timmins fan convention pass, so cool and the smile and the wink and high fives and meeting some of the Band and Mutt and woooo..

Can't wait for my turn... See you at Fan Con 2004 if not before!

Tom at home for now.

cbspock
09-30-2003, 06:03 AM
WOW!!!!

Richard you had front row???

Great review!!!!!! Shania is going to be seeing lots of the Timmins Fan Con shirts on this tour. Hope I can get her autograph at the LI show. Awesome that you got to meet some of the band. Betsy had a "UFO sighting" like Debbie did in Chicago hehe hehe.

I am so dying to go to the show next week in NJ.

-Chris

cbspock
09-30-2003, 06:36 AM
Lots of People had cameras....lots of people were taking pictures. I know that Bill took quite a few. I didn't bring a camera and even if I did, I didn't have time for taking pictures.....I was busy with Shania LOL.

I'll never wash my left hand again...well I guess I will but...Dang !!!!! I touched Shania tonight !!!!! Woo Hoo !!!!! Stay tuned, I'm sure pictures will show up.

=Richard=

LOL hehe hehe

So what was it like being that close??? It surprised me in Chicago just how tiny she is.

-chris

rgaudreau
09-30-2003, 06:57 AM
She signed your convention name tag? Next time give her mine and I'll buy it back from you!!!

Ren

shaniawarrior
09-30-2003, 09:14 AM
OMG Richard you are *so* lucky!!!! Reading all these reviews makes me *that* much more anxious to see Shania! AHHH!!! ONLY 17 MORE DAYS! *faints* You know, I am *this* close and I mean THIS close to say "The heck will classes on Friday!!! I could leave early, get to DC early, and have a chance to spot the band!" Oohhhh Evil Shania is at it again with me! LOL :D

A HYPER Shania fan,
Desiree

DOC BILL
09-30-2003, 09:17 AM
Don't have time to post much now-gotta get to work. Richard very well reviewed the concert. Meeting Richard and Besty was very high on my personal highlights at the concert-add to that I got to High 5 Shania, got to have here sigh the sheet music from "Forever and Always" which I think she appreciated nearly as much as I did, and as I was in the second row (though it was Row E) and no one set in front of me I got some really awesome eyecontact and interaction with Shania and the Band. Probably my greatest highlight was that Deb (my wife) I think finally got Shania (or should I say Shania got her!)-Deb was in charge of getting pics when Shania came right up in front of us and at one point Shania was standing right in front of us and making eye contact and smiling at Deb and I and when I looked over to see if Deb was taking her pic-there sat Deb with a numb look on her face just staring at Shania! LOL Deb had a ball and I think definately realized what a talent Shania was if she hadn't before. Shania is devastatingly beautiful up close, is a master entertainer, and really care that we love her back-that was so plain in her beautiful eyes. I got lots of pics I'll post later. DEFINATELY TAKE A CAMERA! THE BAND AND SHANIA LOVED US TAKING PICS AND SMILED AND INTERACTIVELY POSED FOR THEM. The male member were interacting a bit TOO much with my wife-but that's another story! LOL Later DOC

cbspock
09-30-2003, 09:36 AM
Doc, send me and FV the pics so we can post them!!

-Chris

cbspock
09-30-2003, 09:39 AM
Shania is incredible upclose.

So....was this better than Chicago, Hyde Park, or on the same level???

-Chris

shaniawarrior
09-30-2003, 09:57 AM
Doc...LOL@your wife!!! :LMAO She has finally come over to the "light side" and has given in to Shania's powers! hehe I hope you get to post those pics here!!!!! Ahhhhh I'm wondering whether or not to take my digital camera or just not risk it and take a disposable one.

A HYPER Shania fan,
Desiree

DOC BILL
09-30-2003, 10:51 AM
I'd take both Warrior! Get lots of pics. I send the pics when I put them together. I have some(3) disposable cameras should be done later today. This was the best concert of any kind I've ever been to. DOC

AINAHS
09-30-2003, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by DOC BILL
...............The male member were interacting a bit TOO much with my wife-but that's another story! LOL Later DOC Thanks for your review and comments Doc!!!! I am sure your spouse did nothing to provoke the band's attention!:D

cbspock
09-30-2003, 10:59 AM
I'd take both Warrior! Get lots of pics. I send the pics when I put them together. I have some(3) disposable cameras should be done later today. This was the best concert of any kind I've ever been to. DOC

WOW!!!!

I though Chicago was incredible, so these really must be intense.

-Chris

resessions
09-30-2003, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by tower

Can't wait for my turn... See you at Fan Con 2004 if not before!

Tom at home for now.

I wish you could have been here too. I had two extra floor tickets that I wasn't able to peddle (so did Tee). If you could of been here you know I would have given you one. Docbill paid you a high compliment when we were in the concierge lounge after the concert. We got to talking a little bit about the people on the boards and he mentioned you by name as aperson he really would like to meet.

I refused to sell my extra tickets to a scalper so instead I gave one to a young lady that was trying to earn a few bucks by selling an awesome looking T-shirt. It has a picture of Shania in her baby blue top on the front and a very nice duplication of the green CD pic of shania in her cowboy hat with the concert dates on the back. The other ticket went to a man in met in the lobby of the hotel about 15 minutes before the start of the concert. He looked troubled and so I went over to ask him if he was alright and he looked at me a bit puzzled why a stranger was asking him this. He kind of waved it off by saying he was ok but had just got some sort of bad news about his brother and was worried about him. So I said you need to get your mind off of that for the evening and I've got just the ticket (literally). I offered him the other floor ticket I had and at first he said, no I can't afford that.....but I said, I don't want any payment from you, only that you promise me you'll come across the street right now and get your mind off your troubles for a couple of hours.....I told him to someday just pay it forward to somebody else. He was a bit dumbfounded and walked with me over to the Mellon arena still quite not sure I was serious until we got through the turnstiles and told him to have a great evening. I prayer it was the right medicine he needed.....(I'm sure it was).

resessions
09-30-2003, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by cbspock
WOW!!!!

Richard you had front row???

Great review!!!!!! Shania is going to be seeing lots of the Timmins Fan Con shirts on this tour. Hope I can get her autograph at the LI show. Awesome that you got to meet some of the band. Betsy had a "UFO sighting" like Debbie did in Chicago hehe hehe.

I am so dying to go to the show next week in NJ.

-Chris

I had row "F" seat 1 on the isle. It was as good as a front row seat because I had easy access to the stage....just about 6 steps from my seat to the stages edge. There was no A,B, or C row in my section so it turns out what I thought was 6th row was 3rd row since row D was next to the stage. I must say the tickets from the fan club were great. I was talking this over with SAS this morning on the way to the airport on the shuttle bus and I think Shania knew where the general vicinity of the fan club blocks were. She seemed to spend much more time in those locations.

I told Betsy that I mentioned her "UFO" sighting when we were waiting for the shuttle bus this morning...He first words were "RATS!!!!" (She wanted to tell) But she soon forgave me...you know Betsy.....Hey Betsy, at least you got a bowl of soup out of the deal ;)

resessions
09-30-2003, 11:13 AM
LOL hehe hehe

So what was it like being that close??? It surprised me in Chicago just how tiny she is.

-chris

Words Can't Describe...kinda like the convention experience. You have to be there. She was very petite but oh so pretty.

resessions
09-30-2003, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by shaniawarrior

"The heck with classes on Friday!!!

A HYPER Shania fan,
Desiree

There are a lifetime of Fridays but only one Shania Up! concert in DC. (food for thought) :)

resessions
09-30-2003, 11:17 AM
Shania is incredible upclose.

So....was this better than Chicago, Hyde Park, or on the same level???

-Chris

BETTER !!!!!!!!!!!

kirppu
09-30-2003, 11:18 AM

Some personal highlights for me:

1) Shania signed my Shania Twain hat while singing Im not in the mood.
2) Shania signed my Worldwide fan convention name tag while singing She not just a pretty face
3) Shania gave me a High-5 (yes folks I touched her) during C'est La Vie
4) My second High-5 from her during Gone and Done it.

6) While singing Ain't no particular way,

=Richard= :eek: :eek: :eek: WOW!!!
What a wonderful review!

So, this time she did sing Ain't No Particular way?

Richard, what a sweet and touching story about the fellow you gave your extra ticket to!

FV
09-30-2003, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by rgaudreau
She signed your convention name tag? Next time give her mine and I'll buy it back from you!!!

Ren
LMAO@Ren!:BL
Thanks the awesome report Richard! You and all the others had such a GREAT time! I am sure Betsy will be hyper for a while!:D

FV
09-30-2003, 11:27 AM
Don't have time to post much now-gotta get to work. Richard very well reviewed the concert. Meeting Richard and Besty was very high on my personal highlights at the concert-add to that I got to High 5 Shania, got to have here sigh the sheet music from "Forever and Always" which I think she appreciated nearly as much as I did, and as I was in the second row (though it was Row E) and no one set in front of me I got some really awesome eyecontact and interaction with Shania and the Band. Probably my greatest highlight was that Deb (my wife) I think finally got Shania (or should I say Shania got her!)-Deb was in charge of getting pics when Shania came right up in front of us and at one point Shania was standing right in front of us and making eye contact and smiling at Deb and I and when I looked over to see if Deb was taking her pic-there sat Deb with a numb look on her face just staring at Shania! LOL Deb had a ball and I think definately realized what a talent Shania was if she hadn't before. Shania is devastatingly beautiful up close, is a master entertainer, and really care that we love her back-that was so plain in her beautiful eyes. I got lots of pics I'll post later. DEFINATELY TAKE A CAMERA! THE BAND AND SHANIA LOVED US TAKING PICS AND SMILED AND INTERACTIVELY POSED FOR THEM. The male member were interacting a bit TOO much with my wife-but that's another story! LOL Later DOC
Way to go DOC! Congrats on your great Shania experience!:BL Another one who will not wash his hand for a while..LOL!

and congrats to Deb too for the looks from the band members....:HG

resessions
09-30-2003, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by FV
Way to go DOC! Congrats on your great Shania experience!:BL Another one who will not wash his hand for a while..LOL!

and congrats to Deb too for the looks from the band members....:HG

Shania made her grand enterance at the start of her show by walking down the isle that separated Tee and Docbill. Yeah, Deb...how many kisses was is that Roddy blew your way? One Million or Two?

The band really played it up big time. They did a great job.

FV
09-30-2003, 11:34 AM
There are a lifetime of Fridays but only one Shania Up! concert in DC. (food for thought) :)
Warrior, unless you have a test that very Friday....I totally second sessions' post....:) and this comes from someone who is on the other side of the desk in class..;)

FV
09-30-2003, 11:36 AM
Shania made her grand enterance at the start of her show by walking down the isle that separated Tee and Docbill.
WOW! I can't wait to see their pics!:Bthumb

cbspock
09-30-2003, 11:36 AM
Words Can't Describe...kinda like the convention experience. You have to be there. She was very petite but oh so pretty.

She does give off a very intense presense.

-Chris

shaniawarrior
09-30-2003, 11:43 AM

LOL you are bad! Hmmm, I'd only be missing my two most important classes...Genetics and Organic Chem....but hey, I can always just get the notes from someone, right? hehe In 10th grade I missed one day of school the entire year...November 24, 1999..of course it was for a Shania concert and ironically, it was also at the MCI Center. Here's the thing though...my Mom and I (gotta love her! :D) sat at the MCI center near the Stars' entrance for 7 hours straight. I refused to move because I was not about to miss the band or Shania entering. Well, about an hour before you could go inside, I decided we better go to the front of the building. When I turned the corner to go to the front of the building, I stood in shock. There, at the freaken FRONT enterance was Shania's bus, a truck painted with Shania's face on it from CMAs (pink cowboy hat) and that famous laying down leopard pose. I was like :eek: "WE WAITED 7 HOURS AND SHE WAS JUST AROUND THE FREAKEN CORNER FROM US!! She walked throught the front dorr, THE FRONT DOOR!! AHHHHH!!!!!!" LMAO All I could do was laugh and of course I BOLTED inside.

Richard, you are giving me a good idea. Since I've been to the MCI Center before and talked to umpty dump "insiders" while I was waiting for 7 hours (:p), I now know where the band will be entering...Oooooo....I think I might want to call my mom and see if she's busy Thursday night so she can come get me and we can leave first thing Friday morning. OOooooo indeed. *feels Evil Shania overpowering Good Shania* hehe

A HYPER Shania fan,
Desiree

shaniawarrior
09-30-2003, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by FV
Warrior, unless you have a test that very Friday....I totally second sessions' post....:) and this comes from someone who is on the other side of the desk in class..;)

You know, I am *really* considering this now. The only things that would hold me back are missing Chem and Genetics. Plus I have psychology that day and if we don't miss any classes, we get 10 points extra credit at the end of the semester...BUT, seeing as I have the 2nd highest grade in the class, I don't think I have all that much to worry about. LOL And October 17 is actually the beginning of my Fall Break so if I go home Thursday night, then I would just get an extra day off and I don't think my mom wouldn't mind. Looks like I'm going to give my mom a call tonight! hehe

A HYPER Shania fan,
Desiree

cbspock
09-30-2003, 11:53 AM
You know, I am *really* considering this now. The only things that would hold me back are missing Chem and Genetics. Plus I have psychology that day and if we don't miss any classes, we get 10 points extra credit at the end of the semester...BUT, seeing as I have the 2nd highest grade in the class, I don't think I have all that much to worry about. LOL And October 17 is actually the beginning of my Fall Break so if I go home Thursday night, then I would just get an extra day off and I don't think my mom wouldn't mind. Looks like I'm going to give my mom a call tonight! hehe

A HYPER Shania fan,
Desiree

Tell your psych professor that you are doing a study on the affect of Shania on the human brain...lol :p

-Chris

resessions
09-30-2003, 12:05 PM

Richard, you are giving me a good idea.

A HYPER Shania fan,
Desiree

Along that note of ideas, let me pass on a couple that I tried to think through before the concert in the event that you are on the floor and close.

1) I made sure I brought a sharpie type felt pen for the off chance that I'd get an autograph (little did I know...LOL) It is easier for her to sign with those that a ball point pen. Whenever there were choices of pens, she always chose the sharpie type felt pen. As a matter of fact when she signed my hat, the people on either side of me had regular ball point pens.....I saw Shania zoomed in on mine. And instead of giving it right back to me she kept on using is down the row of autograph seekers until she dropped it to move on up the stage. So I had to go after my pen when she was done.

2) When you hold up an item to be autographed, have the pen un-capped and the writing felt point facing you, not her. That way she doesn't have to worry about turning the pen around or have the felt get on her and by jabbing it toward her. When others saw I used a sharpie the first time, others brought theirs out for the next round but....woo hoo....she chose my pen again because the other sharpies felts were facing her and mine was in the better position for her.

3) Have what you want signed in a firm steady position. She'll go towards something that she doesn't need to handle....Remember, she has one hand on a microphone, singing and moving along in the midst of her performance when she does these autographs. if it's difficult she will have to avoid you.

4) I is quite obvious she appreciates her fans and wants to do this signing thing...so be courteous and patient. If she doesn't stop by your way on one round, she keeps coming back the whole show. However, it seemed security got more of a control on allowing people to get to the stage during the 2nd hour of the show. Might be because of all the pyro technic etc. I don't know if that was just unique to the Pittsburgh show or not. But it seemed from where I was sitting, the security limited access more during the 2nd half.

shaniawarrior
09-30-2003, 12:11 PM
Tell your psych professor that you are doing a study on the affect of Shania on the human brain...lol :p

-Chris

LOL! The funny thing is my psych prof is so crazy she might actually believe it! And Richard...here's something learned from your pen escepade (sp?)...always have back up pens ready to go! :D Oooo!! Maybe even multi colored ones!! :BL

A HYPER Shania fan,
Desiree

cbspock
09-30-2003, 12:18 PM
LOL! The funny thing is my psych prof is so crazy she might actually believe it! And Richard...here's something learned from your pen escepade (sp?)...always have back up pens ready to go! :D Oooo!! Maybe even multi colored ones!! :BL

A HYPER Shania fan,
Desiree

I was going to suggest bring a pack of sharpies...lol :p

-Chris

cjynx
09-30-2003, 12:20 PM
Hi All,
I'm new in here, but I had to throw in my 2 cents on last night's show. I saw a little bit of a mix up in the reviews that I've read so far. So here it comes,

I'm not sure what to say about the concert last night. The music sounded as if it was coming straight from her 4 cds, the band was great in re-creating the sound of her CDs. The less than sell out crowd (the usher in front of us said that they sold 13-14,000 tickets) didn't seem to know every one of the songs that she did. We were in the first row up from the floor, right at the entrance to the floor, so we had people moving in front of us all night long. That was a little bit annoying, but I got over it. I liked the music but I really didn't like the crowd reactions. During any slow song they immediately sat down and that bothered me. Shania acknowledged it and told everyone to "get up off your butts" at least twice. It was still a great show, though. We wanted to take our daughters last night but my ex wife wouldn't let my daughter go out on a school night. :rolleyes:

So, we're taking them to see her in Cleveland on Oct. 18th, a Saturday, when we have all the kids for the weekend. :D

Shania had a quick opening act that lasted from 7:25 to 7:50. She then came out at 8:10 and ended around 10:20. We knew the setlist, even though it was only her 3rd show of the tour. It was the same setlist from the last two nights in Canada, so we took off as soon as the last song was ending before the rest of the arena emptied out.

She was very into the crowd. She interacted with people in the crowd more than any other performer that I've ever seen. Sammy Hagar was the only other closest person. She touched hands of everyone that went near the stage, so eventually the whole floor made their way up to her. I did see a smaller girl come back crying like she had been skipped over for an autograph. She also autographed everything that they laid down in front of her. She had to have been on her knees signing and singing for at least 1/2 of the show. She didn't miss any words to the songs by getting distracted either. She was pulling people up on stage all night too. She and the rest of the crowd sang Happy Birthday to a 17 year old girl. Some other guy was holding a sign that said "In '98 I kissed your right cheek, how about your left?" She brought him up in the middle of the stage and let him kiss her and she autographed the sign he was holding. Then she picked a 3 year-old girl out of the crowd and asked her if she wanted to sing a song. She said she wanted to sing Itsy Bitsy Spider and then did it and the crowd went nuts. It was very cute. The little girl's "R"s sounded like "W"s and everyone was saying "Awwwww" through the whole thing. "Out came the wain and washed the spidew out."

Most of this was mentioned already.

She had a lot of pyro throughout the night and confetti all over the place during the last song.

Here's the setlist: (I had this with me like a cheat sheet and she followed it exactly)

Man! I Feel Like A Woman_(she snuck in from the back of the floor)
Up
Honey, I'm Home
C'est La Vie
Forever And For Always
I'm Not In The Mood (To Say No)
She's Not Just A Pretty Face
Don't Be Stupid (You Know I Love You)
When You Kiss Me
Love Gets Me Every Time
Whose Bed Have Your Boots Been Under?
From This Moment On
No One Needs To Know
Thank You Baby (For Makin' Someday Come So Soon)

The Woman In Me
(sung from the crowd with the guitar player on two stools about 12 rows up from the floor.)

That Don't Impress Me Much
What A Way To Want To Be

Medley: When/You Win My Love/Come On Over/I'm Holdin' On To Love (To Save My Life)

I'm Gonna Getcha Good
In My Car (I'll Be The Driver)
(If You're Not In It For Love) I'm Outta Here

ENCORE:

You're Still The One
Any Man Of Mine
Rock This Country

It was a great show other than the lack of support from big parts of the crowd. I'm checking out my sources to get my daughters and wife to Cleveland in 19 days. Hoping for the floor sections, but will settle to be in the building. The kids will have a blast either way.

Doh! I forgot to add: During her "costume" change she came back on stage from below in her long black skirt, but her top was a little too far to the left. She sang a few songs with about 3/4 of her left breast covered by a red bra sticking out of her top.
Sorry, I thought I would add that for the guys checking in.:eek:

Cheyenne55
09-30-2003, 12:51 PM
Yeah, it wasn't a sellout that's for sure. It holds 17,131 when full. Being built in 1961 it's not the greatest of area's to hold concerts anyway. Pittsbugh is more Rock and roll. To bad, those that didn't show missed a good concert.

cjynx
09-30-2003, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by Cheyenne55
Yeah, it wasn't a sellout that's for sure. It holds 17,131 when full. Being built in 1961 it's not the greatest of area's to hold concerts anyway. Pittsbugh is more Rock and roll. To bad, those that didn't show missed a good concert.

I think a big problem of it was that Toby Keith was just here this past Friday and he took away from sales for Shania. He was at the outside stage about 30 miles south of the city. He was sold out, somewhere in the 25,000 people range.

Jud
09-30-2003, 01:10 PM
Apparently it was not sold out, if you saw lots of empty seats. Many tickets going to promotion, charities, whatever. And it counted in the final number.
Next week's Billboard chart will give the exact numbers.

Tee
09-30-2003, 01:27 PM
Well what can I say that Doc, Richard and everyone else has not covered. I have to say, this was by far the BEST performance that I have ever seen from Shania, including Chicago. Those of you that have yet to make one of the first three shows are in for a totally awesome experience like you have never had before!!!! Remember I went to SIX of her concerts on her first tour, plus the Flameworthy's and Chicago!!

When Shania entered the arena she actually walked right past me and there were only inches between us. As they say, I was so close but yet so far too!!! We had awesome seats, right on the isle and 10ft. from the stage. Tried to get my license plate signed but no luck. I will keep trying!! I did get some pics, and will get those scanned in and posted as soon as I can.

It was really great to see Betsy, Doc and Debbie again and to finally meet Richard and have the shadow dancing explained. LOL We had a really awesome time, now waiting for Oct. 18!!!

resessions
09-30-2003, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by Jud
Apparently it was not sold out, if you saw lots of empty seats. Many tickets going to promotion, charities, whatever. And it counted in the final number.
Next week's Billboard chart will give the exact numbers.

I did notice that most of the nose-bleed seats at both ends of the oval peaks of the stage were empty and that the scalpers had plenty of tickets to sell all the way up to the concert starttime.

I suspect also that the Toby Keith concert last Friday also had less expenisive face value costs for that concert so even though the attendance numbers were higher than Shania's show last night, the revenue income (with floor seat face values at US$80) were probably equal to or higher than the revnue from the Toby show.

Jud
09-30-2003, 01:41 PM
Beat me out, just wanted to add, that I read many different concert reviews of many artists by attenders (or at least said so) with very divers reports about how much was the stadium sold out, and than the statistics.
Actually, if the scalpers bought the tickets, and not got it free, the concert can be sold out without full attendance.

AngelGuy
09-30-2003, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by cjynx
Hi All,
I'm new in here, but I had to throw in my 2 cents on last night's show. I saw a little bit of a mix up in the reviews that I've read so far. So here it comes.

She had to have been on her knees signing and singing for at least 1/2 of the show. She didn't miss any words to the songs by getting distracted either.

Hey there! Glad you enjoyed the show too! :)

Shania actually did mess up the words to her songs at least 3 or 4 times during the night. Kellie and I would look at each other and laugh each time she did. :p Shania recovered gracefully though, and I'm sure that alot of people weren't even aware of the mistakes.

cjynx
09-30-2003, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by Jud
Beat me out, just wanted to add, that I read many different concert reviews of many artists by attenders (or at least said so) with very divers reports about how much was the stadium sold out, and than the statistics.
Actually, if the scalpers bought the tickets, and not got it free, the concert can be sold out without full attendance.

That is true too. Earlier in the day I pulled up tickets very close to the floor. $80 price tag. Last Saturday (4 days ago) I pulled up floor seats. The upper sections E and F were barely sold at all, but there were people up there. There were people all over the floor A, B, C and D sections also. Mostly full but not completely full. Toby Keith was one of the only sell outs other than Jimmy Buffet and Dave Matthews for the summer season in Pittsburgh. His tickets were cheaper at somewhere around $64 after the ticketmaster charges and things like that, I believe. It was so long ago when I bought tickets that I don't remember. I wasn't in here to bad mouth the ticket sales at all, I just thought and also heard from other people that they had just bought Toby Keith at $65 and then Shania went on sale at $80/$65/$40 that they couldn't afford to do both. I'm a much bigger fan of Shania than Toby. She's much more prettier than he is. :)

Jud
09-30-2003, 02:16 PM
Yeap,so far she missed up the lyrics in all of her concerts.
People have to try and remmeber them for fun.
So far the best I red was: You can pick the flavour when we watching the tv (In My Car)

cjynx
09-30-2003, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by AngelGuy

Shania actually did mess up the words to her songs at least 3 or 4 times during the night. Kellie and I would look at each other and laugh each time she did. :p Shania recovered gracefully though, and I'm sure that alot of people weren't even aware of the mistakes.

I remember a few hesitations and maybe one time on top of the stage of a minor goof, but like everyone else, I must've missed the rest of them.:)

Jud
09-30-2003, 02:19 PM
I'm a much bigger fan of Shania than Toby. She's much more prettier than he is. :)

When you're right, you're right!

AINAHS
09-30-2003, 02:54 PM
To those fans who chose toby over Shania - you have our condolences!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek:

cjynx
09-30-2003, 03:04 PM
To those fans who chose toby over Shania - you have our condolences!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek:

I mistakenly did both. Toby was ok, but Shania was, ...umm... Shania. I'm going to Cleveland to see her again on my birthday.

FV
09-30-2003, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by Jud
So far the best I red was: You can pick the flavour when we watching the tv (In My Car)
If I remember correctly at Hyde Park she introduced the next song as "In YOUR Car"....so she messes UP! the song titles too! LOL!:BL

cbspock
09-30-2003, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by AngelGuy

She did that with AMOM, when I saw her the first time on the COO tour. It was sooo funny. She started to laugh, she got caught up in waving, signing autographs, etc. Shania got all embarrased after the song was over and apologized, then she was like "screw it, it all one big party" and the crowd went nuts.

Looking back on it after seeing DRIVEN, now I know why she kind of apologized, she was still singing around the campfire...lol :p

-Chris

cbspock
09-30-2003, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by FV
If I remember correctly at Hyde Park she introduced the next song as "In YOUR Car"....so she messes UP! the song titles too! LOL!:BL

I think she changed some of the words around in Chicago too.

-Chris

resessions
09-30-2003, 03:25 PM
I remember a few hesitations and maybe one time on top of the stage of a minor goof, but like everyone else, I must've missed the rest of them.:)

Yep, I think i know which one you were talking about last night....it was when the band started playing "In My Car" and somehow Shania mis-qued and I think she was even starting to say something to the band to get them to re-start but the band kept going so Shania picked up on it quickly, recovered well and before the piece was done, she was over in the middle of section 17 dancing with the crowd. Those are the kind of mistake we can live with. What a great performer....When I think of how often she signed autographs, took flowers, gave high-5's, kept the pre-planned stage locations, etc etc etc, she demonstrated abilities to prove once and for all, "She's Not Just A Pretty Face" (although we'll certainly take the pretty face with the deal).

cbspock
09-30-2003, 03:46 PM
Yep, I think i know which one you were talking about last night....it was when the band started playing "In My Car" and somehow Shania mis-qued and I think she was even starting to say something to the band to get them to re-start but the band kept going so Shania picked up on it quickly, recovered well and before the piece was done, she was over in the middle of section 17 dancing with the crowd. Those are the kind of mistake we can live with. What a great performer....When I think of how often she signed autographs, took flowers, gave high-5's, kept the pre-planned stage locations, etc etc etc, she demonstrated abilities to prove once and for all, "She's Not Just A Pretty Face" (although we'll certainly take the pretty face with the deal).

hehe hehe

Shania goes into the aisles during the show too?? WOW!!

Most singers stay still and concentrate on the singing. Shania concentrates on the entertaiment factor.

-Chris

resessions
09-30-2003, 04:10 PM
hehe hehe

Shania goes into the aisles during the show too?? WOW!!

Most singers stay still and concentrate on the singing. Shania concentrates on the entertaiment factor.

-Chris

I'm not gonna complain because overall the seat I used was great but one of the seats I gave away was in the exact spot in section 17 where Shania went into the audience and boogied during "In My Car"......Grrrrrrrrrrrr:dancing

VidDude
09-30-2003, 04:38 PM
I'm taking my family to the MCI concert - unfortunately we're not on the floor, but Sec. 107. Have people been allowed to leave there section and approach the stage? My 9 y/o daughter would just love it (and her dad wouldn't mind either) if she were able to get a high-five or an autograph. Has anyone else had any luck sneaking up from a not-so-great location up to the stage?

resessions
09-30-2003, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by VidDude
I'm taking my family to the MCI concert - unfortunately we're not on the floor, but Sec. 107. Have people been allowed to leave there section and approach the stage? My 9 y/o daughter would just love it (and her dad wouldn't mind either) if she were able to get a high-five or an autograph. Has anyone else had any luck sneaking up from a not-so-great location up to the stage?

For overall performance viewing, the level above the fllor level in actually better....if your not looking for the chance for a high-5. I think security will possibly be different at each venue but Shania will probably keep her connection with the fans the same in every venue. I would suggest that if you want to help your 9 year old (and yourself) to get a High-5 that you try to look for the opportunity early in the performance. The reason being that when most of the crowd that doesn't read these boards start to figure out during the performance that Shania ia approachable, then more people will make the effort and therefore this might also be a contributing reason as to why security access to Shania on stage got tighter as the show progressed.

DOC BILL
09-30-2003, 04:50 PM
As far as messin' up lyrics guys-She wrote'm she can change'm all she wants! Oh did I mention-She is "THE TOTAL PACKAGE" and then some. DOC

resessions
09-30-2003, 04:54 PM
As far as messin' up lyrics guys-She wrote'm she can change'm all she wants! Oh did I mention-She is "THE TOTAL PACKAGE" and then some. DOC

Amen !!! and Halleluah !!!!

resessions
09-30-2003, 05:04 PM
Just a thought for Shania's opening enterance into the concert Hall.......

As you've heard, there is a big circular screen that goes from floor to rafters just before Shania makes her grand enterance....the lights dim.....the screen is illuminated...and you see the shadow of what looks like Shania dressed in her top hat and costume from "Man I Feel Like a Woman" as the shadow of the woman says, "Are you ready, Pittsburgh??? I said are you Ready???!!!" Then there is some crash effect as the screen falls and suddenly Shania is spotlighted at the end of the arena as she makes her grand enterance toward the stage.

Shania came from where the Zamboni enters and leave the ice and so for those arena's that are hockey locations, you might keep an eye on that if you want to see her walking in.....I'm wondering if anybody who attended Hamilton and Ottawa noticed if she came in from where the Zamboni would come onto the ice as well.

PS: Hmmmm.......I wonder where she came up with the Shadow idea ????ID1 :dancing

cbspock
09-30-2003, 05:32 PM

HEY1

From all I'm reading, Shania is living up to her promise she made with her first single from Up! "I'm gonna getcha good!"

-Chris

cbspock
09-30-2003, 05:35 PM

PS: Hmmmm.......I wonder where she came up with the Shadow idea ????ID1 :dancing

Tracy must have told her about some crazy fan up in Timmins..lol hehe hehe :p

I was thinking of bringing the STC picture we took for the fan con, and have Shania sign the cover.

-Chris

Joni
09-30-2003, 06:02 PM
I love reading all the concert reviews and thoughts! I need to figure out what I can take to have signed:)

Joni

AINAHS
09-30-2003, 06:19 PM
As far as messin' up lyrics guys-She wrote'm she can change'm all she wants! Oh did I mention-She is "THE TOTAL PACKAGE" and then some. DOC ...........as well as song titles!:D :D

DOC BILL
09-30-2003, 06:25 PM
Joni
I think gettin' her to sign something that means something to you and that might mean something to her as well is the best thing. I think a really neat thing to get signed would be a copy of the letter we sent her in her absence between albums with that really wonderful pic on it that was published in the Timmins Press-know what I mean. Stuff like that is cool 'cause then she knows we love her back and aren't just standing there just for keepsakes but to thank her as well. DOC

cbspock
09-30-2003, 06:31 PM
Joni
I think gettin' her to sign something that means something to you and that might mean something to her as well is the best thing. I think a really neat thing to get signed would be a copy of the letter we sent her in her absence between albums with that really wonderful pic on it that was published in the Timmins Press-know what I mean. Stuff like that is cool 'cause then she knows we love her back and aren't just standing there just for keepsakes but to thank her as well. DOC

YES........the AD!!!

I want to get the CD from the STC opening signed, It will go with the autographed signed program from the same event I bought in the fan con auction. Also, if I can, one of Dax's cartoons.

-Chris

Joni
09-30-2003, 06:52 PM
I was thinking along those lines Doc, thanks. The AD would be great and meaningful for me and hopefully for her too:)

Joni

jen
09-30-2003, 07:26 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by resessions
[B]Along that note of ideas, let me pass on a couple that I tried to think through before the concert in the event that you are on the floor and close.

1) I made sure I brought a sharpie type felt pen for the off chance that I'd get an autograph (little did I know...LOL) It is easier for her to sign with those that a ball point pen. Whenever there were choices of pens, she always chose the sharpie type felt pen. As a matter of fact when she signed my hat, the people on either side of me had regular ball point pens.....I saw Shania zoomed in on mine. And instead of giving it right back to me she kept on using is down the row of autograph seekers until she dropped it to move on up the stage. So I had to go after my pen when she was done.

THANKS FOR THE ADVICE:) I have never had anything signed by Shania or any other artist so I will be a first timer at trying.

LOL@her taking your pen.....maybe your next sign should be Shania you never gave me my pen back!!:D I bet she will get a kick out of that one.

cbspock
09-30-2003, 07:33 PM
That's funny!!!

-Chris

Joni
09-30-2003, 08:39 PM
That would be funny!

Joni

shaniawarrior
09-30-2003, 09:09 PM
Where does the Zamboni come in and what is a Zamboni? LOL Thanks for all the tips Richard! I will definitely take advantage of them!

A HYPER Shania fan,
Desiree

Mary R
09-30-2003, 09:16 PM
I just love reading these reviews of the concerts! I am getting so psyched UP! Ohhhhh, I still have 23 more days till my Shania concert! Great review Richard, Doc and everyone! Thanks for the pointers Richard. Got to make sure I have a sharpie felt pen with me. I never even thought about what to take in hopes of getting a Shania autograph! I best start thinking on that one. And I think I'm going to take your advice on the camera's Doc, I'm going to taking my digital and a disposible one. Can't wait to see everyones pictures posted!

Mary R

corran
09-30-2003, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by kirppu
:eek: :eek: :eek: WOW!!!
What a wonderful review!

So, this time she did sing Ain't No Particular way?

Richard, what a sweet and touching story about the fellow you gave your extra ticket to!

I am glad Shania gave you all that recognition Richard!! If anyone of us deserves it that has been to Timmins you do!! Especially after way you treated that one fellow to a free ticket since he was down on his luck!! You have really captured the Shania spirit!!! I think I know why now why she was able to pick you out of a crowd!!! You are a special kind of guy!!! Real cool post Richard!!! Really look forward to your Pics of Shania!!!

BenjaminHEY1 :clap

AINAHS
09-30-2003, 09:33 PM
Can someone help little Sarah's mom?:

Today, 08:59 PM
HELP PLEASE!Pittsburgh Concert Post #1 | Report

kristy1214b

Local time: 10:31 PM
Hi, I really need help. Last night at the concert in Pittsburgh Shania picked my little girl to go up on stage and sing Itsy Bitsy Spider. It was so amazing the problem is that none of us had a camera and I was wondering if there is anyone who knows of anyway to get the little clip of time she was on stage with Shania on video. I called the local radio station but so far nobody has come forward. I would love any help in this matter. Her daddy wasn't there and he really wants to see what his little girl looked like on stage with such a superstar. Plus Sarah is the biggest Shania Twain fan I know, she can sing all the words to all the songs on UP! And last night she said after she was on stage, "I just love her" then later before bed she told me that she wasn't just my girl anymore that she was "Shania's Girl" now.

Thanks in advance. Please e-mail me at kristy21b@aol.com

Sincerely, Kristy

cbspock
09-30-2003, 10:10 PM
That's some story. Wonder if there is a way to help them atleast get a picture???? Anyone there last night take a picture of the girl singing with Shania???

I guess Shania didn't snap a poloriod and sign it?

-Chris

talkalot24
09-30-2003, 10:28 PM
Yeah, didn't anyone take a picture of Shania with the little girl? It would be a shame if they didn't get a picture of it.

I doubt they'll be able to get it on video though as video cameras aren't allowed in the arena.

corran
09-30-2003, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by Jud
When you're right, you're right!

Who ever said that this is a beauty contest!!! I thought Shania Twain was more than a Pretty Face!!! Ha! Ha!

Benjamin:D

resessions
09-30-2003, 11:57 PM

I was thinking of bringing the STC picture we took for the fan con, and have Shania sign the cover.

-Chris

Great Idea....I'm down on the floor in Chicago and Milwaukee and I'll bring that picture for sure!!!! In Grand Rapids I decided to get a level UP! from the floor to see the concert from that perspective.

resessions
10-01-2003, 12:08 AM
Joni
I think gettin' her to sign something that means something to you and that might mean something to her as well is the best thing. DOC

I agree with Bill !!! Some people had no concept of what she is doing when she is giving out these autographs.....she is singing folks....She is performing in the midst of the autographs being given!!!!

So she doesn't have time to talk to you at all and her autograph will be a bit rushed and not as fancy as those she can time to do when she isn't performing. She is rushing because she is trying to get as many signed as possible before she has to take off for her next choreographed floor cue.

I don't fault some people for holding out their concert tickets to be signed because thats all they had with them at the time. But those are small and difficult for her to sign on in a limited time and since one hand is holding a microphone. Like Bill said, something that she can tell means something to her or to you, that is easy to sign....heck one group didn't have anything and about three people in a row had her sign their hands with the sharpie.

Make it as easy as possible for her to sign with the item big enough, secured in position, sharpie uncapped and in a position for her to write (felt tip facing toward yourself when you hand it to her)

resessions
10-01-2003, 12:12 AM
Originally posted by jen

LOL@her taking your pen.....maybe your next sign should be Shania you never gave me my pen back!!:D I bet she will get a kick out of that one. [/B]

Fortune has it that I wasable to get my pen back, and I let a few others around me borrow it for getting their turn up at the stage. It was brand new and already has a used look to the tip....but I got it back and it's fun to know Shania used it to give so many people a thrill.

resessions
10-01-2003, 12:17 AM
Where does the Zamboni come in and what is a Zamboni? LOL Thanks for all the tips Richard! I will definitely take advantage of them!

A HYPER Shania fan,
Desiree

If you have ever been to a hockey maych or to an ice skating rink, the Zamboni is a huge machine that a person rides to scrap the ice and lay down a thin layer of water to give the ice surface a smoother finish. But it's a big boxy looking vehical...sort of a prehistoric looking tractor. So it need a large open/door for it to drive through........I wonder if people in Hamilton and Otawwa remember if it was the door the Zamboni would enter the ice from is where she made her enterance at those shows (like she did in Pittsburgh)

resessions
10-01-2003, 12:24 AM
That's some story. Wonder if there is a way to help them atleast get a picture???? Anyone there last night take a picture of the girl singing with Shania???

I guess Shania didn't snap a poloriod and sign it?

-Chris

No. Shania didn't take a snap shot with her. When Shania first picked her up, she commented how heavy this one was to her "little guy" (that was Shania's words) and when she found out that the girl was 3years old she said "Well thats why your heavier...your a year older than my 2 year old". Shania held the cute little girl on her hip the entire time, both when she interviewed her and all through the performance of "Itsy Bitsy Spider".

Shania took her up to the top portion of the stage for this and the lights went down in the house with a spotlight up on them. I have to imagine that somebody got a picture of it but that was toward the other side of the stage where I was from so I watched it on one of the (Eight) big screens above the stage. Was easier for me to see it that way from my seating area.

If anybody out there has a picture of the Itsy Bitsy Spider scene, please post it.

resessions
10-01-2003, 12:37 AM
Wow !!! this thread is only 24 hours old and already has over 900 hits. Amazing !!!!

DOC BILL
10-01-2003, 07:35 AM
Basically got all my pics back and cleaned up. Alot of really great ones but so so many that have light problems or are blurred by movement. I had my digital camera on multifocus which may have been a problem and spot focus might work better. I'll have to play around before the next concert. All the 800 film pics came out ok but many are grainy when on the computer. I tried to improve them but they really don't improve very well. Anyone with suggests as to how to improve the quality, decrease grainess, decrease motion affect due to slow shutter speed, etc? I did send some pics to Chris already and I'll try to make CD's of the pics I have for those that were there. DOC

FV
10-01-2003, 07:50 AM
DOC,
I have the group photo you took....do you want me to post it?:)

cjynx
10-01-2003, 12:17 PM
I mistakenly did both. Toby was ok, but Shania was, ...umm... Shania. I'm going to Cleveland to see her again on my birthday.

Well, I spent some more cash. I got 4 6th row seats to Cleveland for the wife and daughters to see Shania again, 3 days before my birthday. Woohoo!!!

Jud
10-01-2003, 12:21 PM
Congrats!

cjynx
10-01-2003, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by VidDude
I was in the row right above the floor. Along the boards if it were a hockey game. The entrance to the floor was 3 seats away from me. The usher in that section stopped all people that wanted to get down there. If they didn't have a ticket for the floor then they didn't get on the floor.

FV
10-01-2003, 02:21 PM
Well, I spent some more cash. I got 4 6th row seats to Cleveland for the wife and daughters to see Shania again, 3 days before my birthday. Woohoo!!!
ROCK ON!:BL :Bthumb

FV
10-01-2003, 02:21 PM
ROCK ON!:BL :Bthumb

FV
10-01-2003, 07:31 PM
Here's the group photo from Pittsburgh! Thanks DOCBILL!:BL
http://www.shania-twain.org/images2003/PittsGroup.jpg

corran
10-01-2003, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by FV

Hey I see Richard is wearing his Shania Twain Center Lanyard!!!

Benjamin

cbspock
10-01-2003, 09:43 PM
THANKS DOC FOR AN AWESOME PICTURE!!

Doc, this picture was so cool, I made a wallpaper out of it!!!

http://www.shaniasplace.com/Wallpaper%20Gallery%2006/JPGS/t_031001_ShaniaTour.jpg

800 (http://www.shaniasplace.com/Wallpaper%20Gallery%2006/JPGS/031001_ShaniaTour_800.jpg)

1024 (http://www.shaniasplace.com/Wallpaper%20Gallery%2006/JPGS/031001_ShaniaTour_1024.jpg)

I posted the picture in my tour gallery.

I may have to print this out and get it signed at the Long Island show.

-Chris

corran
10-01-2003, 09:50 PM

http://www.shaniasplace.com/Wallpaper%20Gallery%2006/JPGS/t_031001_ShaniaTour.jpg

800 (http://www.shaniasplace.com/Wallpaper%20Gallery%2006/JPGS/031001_ShaniaTour_800.jpg)

1024 (http://www.shaniasplace.com/Wallpaper%20Gallery%2006/JPGS/031001_ShaniaTour_1024.jpg)

-Chris ]

That is an awesome picture of Shania...I think really it brings out the intensity of Shania Twain when she sings!!! Thanks Doc for the photo!!! Thanks for embellishing it Chris!!! It will make a spectacular wallpaper I am sure of that one!!!

Benjamin

Debbie
10-01-2003, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by FV

What a GREAT picture - thanks Doc Bill

DOC BILL
10-01-2003, 09:59 PM
Well here's where I come clean! When Shania was that close to me I had trouble breathing let alone the ability to take pics. This pic was taken by Mrs. DOC BILL-Deb! LOL I cleaned it up a bit but it's Deb's work. It is awesome isn't it? DOC

cbspock
10-01-2003, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by corran
]

That is an awesome picture of Shania...I think really it brings out the intensity of Shania Twain when she sings!!! Thanks Doc for the photo!!! Thanks for embellishing it Chris!!! It will make a spectacular wallpaper I am sure of that one!!!

Benjamin

It's on my desktop right now :D Looks like I could step through my pc and be at a concert.

-Chris

cbspock
10-01-2003, 10:02 PM
Well here's where I come clean! When Shania was that close to me I had trouble breathing let alone the ability to take pics. This pic was taken by Mrs. DOC BILL-Deb! LOL I cleaned it up a bit but it's Deb's work. It is awesome isn't it? DOC

I would have trouble breathing with Shania that close. Mrs. Doc took an awesome picture then!!!!!

Warrior and I were close at the CBS taping, when she looks at you it feels like you were hit by lightening.

-Chris

cbspock
10-01-2003, 10:06 PM
To turn it into the wallpaper, I cropped it, and then darkened it, and brought up the contrast to really bring out the pink.

-Chris

Debbie
10-01-2003, 10:21 PM

-Chris

DocBill maybe Deb should be in charge of all the picture taking. Great photo. It is like Shania is coming right out of the computer.:D

cbspock
10-01-2003, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by Debbie
DocBill maybe Deb should be in charge of all the picture taking. Great photo. It is like Shania is coming right out of the computer.:D

Maybe not stepping out... ;) :p

-Chris

resessions
10-01-2003, 10:45 PM
Maybe not stepping out... ;) :p

-Chris

Thanks for the great wallpaper Chris ! I love it. I'll never forget that concert in Pittsburgh !!!! And this wallpaper will surely help.

Deb, Great Shot! It was a pleasure to meet you and Bill. (and the others in the gang on Monday)

=Richard=

(Doc, did you get any pictures of the band flirting with your wife? LOL)

cbspock
10-01-2003, 11:02 PM
Doc keep sending these awesome pictures.

I have 3 more to post tomorrow night. Mrs. Doc takes GREAT PICTURES!!!!

I think I have November's Calendar!

-Chris

FV
10-02-2003, 06:21 PM
This pic was taken by Mrs. DOC BILL-Deb! LOL
Deb is the greatest!:BL GREAT photo!:D

DOC BILL
10-02-2003, 07:23 PM
Mrs DOC thanks you guys! Hey Richard-I sent some new pics to Spock today and your on at least one of them. If Spock doesn't post it I'll get you a copy. Rock on Toronto! Make our girl feel at home! DOC

cbspock
10-02-2003, 07:29 PM
Mrs DOC thanks you guys! Hey Richard-I sent some new pics to Spock today and your on at least one of them. If Spock doesn't post it I'll get you a copy. Rock on Toronto! Make our girl feel at home! DOC

I got them :D

Working on them now. I'll get some of them up tonight, it not all.

-Chris

resessions
10-03-2003, 06:35 AM

Wow! Doc I'm excited to see the picture with me in it.(Hurry Hurry Chris) Pittsburgh was sooooo awesome. I'm up in the first tier on Saturday night in Grand Rapids and will make a report for that show too.

cbspock
10-03-2003, 11:42 AM
Wow! Doc I'm excited to see the picture with me in it.(Hurry Hurry Chris) Pittsburgh was sooooo awesome. I'm up in the first tier on Saturday night in Grand Rapids and will make a report for that show too.

They are great pictures!!! Sorry I didn't finish formatting them last night. I should have them finished this evening.

-Chris

Tee
10-03-2003, 02:24 PM
Well, I finally got my pictures together from Pittsburgh and have them posted at a web site for everyone's viewing. You will have to go here http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=4153861&a=30893977&f=0 to access them. They are not as good as the one Doc has posted but, I wasn't fortunate enough to have no one sitting in front of me. :) ENJOY!!!

Jud
10-03-2003, 03:13 PM
great pictures!
And they are giving a great outlook on the lightings, how they are worked during the concert! Fascinating!

DOC BILL
10-03-2003, 03:24 PM
Tee
You were a whimp hiding amounst those Bald headed men to take pics! LOL Next time get out there and get your piece of 'er woman! DOC

resessions
10-03-2003, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by Tee
Well, I finally got my pictures together from Pittsburgh and have them posted at a web site for everyone's viewing. You will have to go here http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=4153861&a=30893977&f=0 to access them. They are not as good as the one Doc has posted but, I wasn't fortunate enough to have no one sitting in front of me. :) ENJOY!!!

Tee,

Thanks for sharing. Brings great memories of a fabulous concert.

Richard

FV
10-03-2003, 04:47 PM
Wonderful photos Tee!:BL

corran
10-03-2003, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by FV
Wonderful photos Tee!:BL

Great photos Tee especially of the Band!!!! Chris will have to
embellish the ones of Shania it looks like!!!

Benjamin

cbspock
10-03-2003, 06:33 PM
I cant view the pictures. Can someone email them bigger versions to me.

-Chris

Tee
10-03-2003, 08:20 PM
Tee
You were a whimp hiding amounst those Bald headed men to take pics! LOL Next time get out there and get your piece of 'er woman! DOC

Thank goodness they were bald, otherwise I would have bits of hair sticking up in my pics!! LMAO

Tee
10-03-2003, 08:22 PM
I cant view the pictures. Can someone email them bigger versions to me.

-Chris

Spock, I will email them to you on Monday. They are on my work computer. Can you tell what I did at work today! :)

cbspock
10-03-2003, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by Tee
Spock, I will email them to you on Monday. They are on my work computer. Can you tell what I did at work today! :)

Something VERY IMPORTANT!! ;)

-Chris

cbspock
10-03-2003, 09:21 PM
TOUR PICTURES (http://www.shaniasplace.com/Tour/pages/03_Up%20World%20Tour%20Pictures%20Page%2001.htm)

Steve, I will have yours up there over the weekend.

-Chris

resessions
10-04-2003, 05:01 AM
TOUR PICTURES (http://www.shaniasplace.com/Tour/pages/03_Up%20World%20Tour%20Pictures%20Page%2001.htm)

Steve, I will have yours up there over the weekend.

-Chris

Chris,

Thank you so much for providing the link to those awesome collection of concert pictures !!!! You're the greatest !!!

Doc, you're right. That is me in that picture, just after Shania signed my hat and she continued you use my sharpie for the others to my left. I think that is the back of your head to the far left in that same picture! Thanks again for sharing !!!!

Shania fans are awesome !!!!

Debbie
10-04-2003, 09:59 AM
Doc and Deb your pictures are wonderful!!!! Seeing everyone's pictures makes us all feel like we were there! Thank You Everyone for sharing your pictures and thank you Chris for posting them.:D

resessions
10-04-2003, 01:48 PM
Wow...it's only been 5 days since I started this thread in Pittsburgh and there are already over 2100 hits. This is great! This UP! concert is fabulous...looks like every one gets a little better and that the reports so far show consisitancy in what to expect....I'm about 5 hours away now from seeing the Grand Rapids version of this tour.....Whatta way to spend my day !!!!!!

Debbie
10-04-2003, 02:06 PM
Wow Richard, I would say have fun, but how could you not!!!:D

tower
10-05-2003, 03:22 AM
Wow...it's only been 5 days since I started this thread in Pittsburgh and there are already over 2100 hits. This is great! This UP! concert is fabulous...looks like every one gets a little better and that the reports so far show consisitancy in what to expect....I'm about 5 hours away now from seeing the Grand Rapids version of this tour.....Whatta way to spend my day !!!!!!

You lucky Dog you, You will have to get up on stage Richard and do the Shadow Dance for everyone, Shania will fall about with laughter for sure, guess the rest of the Band will too, if your little "dress Rehersal" at Timmins Fan Con 2003 was anything to go by! :D

Thank you everyone for the Written reports, my slow connection pretty well rules out viewing the pictures :( so have to rely on your words to paint my photo's.

resessions
10-05-2003, 09:13 AM
You lucky Dog you, You will have to get up on stage Richard and do the Shadow Dance for everyone, Shania will fall about with laughter for sure, guess the rest of the Band will too, if your little "dress Rehersal" at Timmins Fan Con 2003 was anything to go by! :D

Thank you everyone for the Written reports, my slow connection pretty well rules out viewing the pictures :( so have to rely on your words to paint my photo's.

Hmmm that gives me an idea, what if Tracy borrows the circular shadow screen that Shania is using for her UP! concert entrance for the convention next year...Whatta Shadow Dance that would make !!!!

Sorry you aren't able to see the pictures because of the slow internet service you have at home....can we print a few and send them yo you via snail mail?

resessions
10-05-2003, 09:16 AM

Sorry you aren't able to see the pictures because of the slow internet service you have at home....can we print a few and send them to you via snail mail?

Chris or DocBill...can you possibly put some of the concert pictures on a CD that you could send to our kilt wearing friend in Scotland?

DOC BILL
10-05-2003, 06:17 PM
I can put some pics together -I need an address.
Spock the pics on your site at Shaniasplace look really great-Thanks! DOC

resessions
10-07-2003, 01:57 PM
Hey Tom, can you e-mail a mailing address to either Bill, Chris or myself so that they can send you a CD?

=Rich Sessions=
(A.K.A. The Shadow Dancer)

AINAHS
10-07-2003, 09:56 PM
http://images.rollingstone.com/rollingstone/content/2875/Images/00334076.jpghttp://images.rollingstone.com/rollingstone/content/2875/Images/00334054.jpghttp://images.rollingstone.com/rollingstone/content/2875/Images/00334082.jpg
http://images.rollingstone.com/rollingstone/content/2875/Images/00334066.jpghttp://images.rollingstone.com/rollingstone/content/2875/Images/00334062.jpghttp://images.rollingstone.com/rollingstone/content/2875/Images/00334068.jpg

AINAHS
10-07-2003, 10:01 PM
http://images.rollingstone.com/rollingstone/content/2875/Images/00334064.jpghttp://images.rollingstone.com/rollingstone/content/2875/Images/00334048.jpghttp://images.rollingstone.com/rollingstone/content/2875/Images/00334050.jpg
http://images.rollingstone.com/rollingstone/content/2875/Images/00334052.jpghttp://images.rollingstone.com/rollingstone/content/2875/Images/00334088.jpghttp://images.rollingstone.com/rollingstone/content/2875/Images/00334058.jpg

AINAHS
10-07-2003, 10:02 PM
http://images.rollingstone.com/rollingstone/content/2875/Images/00334098.jpghttp://images.rollingstone.com/rollingstone/content/2875/Images/00334072.jpghttp://images.rollingstone.com/rollingstone/content/2875/Images/00334108.jpg
http://images.rollingstone.com/rollingstone/content/2875/Images/00334094.jpghttp://images.rollingstone.com/rollingstone/content/2875/Images/00334074.jpghttp://images.rollingstone.com/rollingstone/content/2875/Images/00334110.jpg

AINAHS
10-07-2003, 10:04 PM
http://images.rollingstone.com/rollingstone/content/2875/Images/00334078.jpghttp://images.rollingstone.com/rollingstone/content/2875/Images/00334080.jpghttp://images.rollingstone.com/rollingstone/content/2875/Images/00334084.jpg
http://images.rollingstone.com/rollingstone/content/2875/Images/00334090.jpghttp://images.rollingstone.com/rollingstone/content/2875/Images/00334096.jpghttp://images.rollingstone.com/rollingstone/content/2875/Images/00334100.jpg
http://images.rollingstone.com/rollingstone/content/2875/Images/00334102.jpghttp://images.rollingstone.com/rollingstone/content/2875/Images/00334092.jpghttp://images.rollingstone.com/rollingstone/content/2875/Images/00334056.jpg

AINAHS
10-07-2003, 10:07 PM
..for ALL the photos from rolling stone on the Pittsburgh concert pictured above go to:

http://www.rollingstone.com/photos/bigphoto.asp?gid=8261&s=1&e=5&seq=3&cf=2875

http://galeon.com/lorenzmjjworld/00334086.jpeg

Thanks to Lorenz from Chile from www.shaniaforums.com for this great find!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D :D :D :D

cbspock
10-07-2003, 10:07 PM
WOW!!!!

http://www.stopstart.freeserve.co.uk/smilie/eek2.gif

-Chris

cbspock
10-07-2003, 10:13 PM
..for ALL the photos from rolling stone on the Pittsburgh concert pictured above go to:

http://www.rollingstone.com/photos/bigphoto.asp?gid=8261&s=1&e=5&seq=3&cf=2875

http://galeon.com/lorenzmjjworld/00334086.jpeg

Thanks to Lorenz from Chile from www.shaniaforums.com for this great find!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D :D :D :D

The link does not work. Also, can you post the pictures so they are vertical, maybe 2 across horizontally. its a pain scrolling the screen to the right.

-Chris

cbspock
10-07-2003, 10:18 PM
I hope she wears the tribble outfit tomorrow night, I have to see this in person.

-Chris

resessions
10-08-2003, 06:21 AM
Wonderful pictures!!! Crisp and clear !!! Thanks for sharing !!!!

DOC BILL
10-08-2003, 06:51 AM
Man did those pics give me a rush! Felt like I was right back in Mellon all flushed and flustered waiting to see what the next second held in store! She's such a wonderful performer. Real treat tonite Spock! DOC

AINAHS
10-15-2003, 11:29 AM
Man did those pics give me a rush! Felt like I was right back in Mellon all flushed and flustered waiting to see what the next second held in store! She's such a wonderful performer. Real treat tonite Spock! DOC You are most welcome - too bad they don't do more concerts of hers this way.

cjynx
10-15-2003, 12:04 PM
Anybody from the Pittsburgh show going to the Cleveland show?
I am. This time I'm taking the kids since it's a Saturday night.
They'll have a blast.
I got two sets of 2 seats in different 6th row floor sections. I figured I'd get the closest to the stage just in case she shakes hands and high fives everybody like she did here in Pittsburgh. I've been listening and memorizing the songs she did here. I made my own two cd set to have in the car playing back to back so that I could get to know the songs that I didn't know all of yet. My daughter will be with me in section 9. She's 11 and will love it. My wife will have her daughter in section 6. She's 8 and knows a lot of the words to most of her songs. It's getting close. I'd like to be noticed by her, but I don't know if I'd have the guts to go onstage in front of 15,000-18,000 people. My birthday is 3 days after the show. I thought that would be a cheap way to get her attention. I didn't want to do a sign though, in case someone was behind me. I have a really cool Mario Lemieux Canadian Jersey that would get her attention too. It is from 1996 for the World Cup of Hockey. He was originally going to play but went into retirement because of cancer instead. I have both the home and away jerseys. White and Red. What would you do if you were me?

Bob
10-15-2003, 01:40 PM
Richard,
Your initial post in this thread is one of the most considerate, descriptive and effective reviews I've ever seen.

I also know personally, most of the members you met. So I'm not surprised you enjoyed each other so much.

Being in line between two of the band members and meeting a 3d sounds like a whole event just in itself. I wonder if there were lots of other people coming up to meet them too.

I didn't notice in your post, mention of Betsy seeing Mutt. But I know of his preference for privacy, Debbie's reply about Betsy seeing Mutt, and poscript that you'd edited your original post.

Ren,
I think Richard should make you bid at auction on getting your name tag back after it's signed by Shania.

Bill,
That band is a show in itself. Glad it helped your wife's enthusiasm.

Warrior,
Yes, Chicago was amazing. Shania said something about how they enjoyed kind of "winging it" in new ways to that point. As a result of that and perhaps other things, they've refined their tour performance into a real stunner without any of the distractions or flaws visible to a discerning eye and ear in Chicago.

Richard,
Those are nice stories about the tickets you gave away. I sense you enjoyed giving them a lot. Way to go.

Hmn, Shania made her entrance between Tee and DocBill. What a grand way to make an entrance. I might have to try that one myself sometime. I think I came close up in Timmins in 2001 on some of those group events.

Warrior,
I'm feeling a little of the same thing as you, in your choice of attending your classes versus seeing the concert. Reading this thread is so much fun, I'm having trouble doing my estate work in between posts.

Hmn, the group photo. Nice. Bill grew a beard since I last saw him. Tee got taller. Richard didn't get enough sleep by the look on his eyes. Betsy looks nice. I've not met the guy at left yet. Would that be the Ryan that Richard mentioned in his opener?

The pix link from Tee is bailing out on me. I see them for a second when I open, or refresh, but then it's gone.

The pix links by Chris from multiple sources, is interesting. I'll have to look at the more closely when I get time.

Ainahs,
Wow, those pix are eye poppers. I hope they are legal.

Bob
10-15-2003, 01:42 PM
DocBill,
If you have Adobe Photoshop, you can improve unfocussed pictures with the "unsharpen mask" filter. Email me if you want more specifics. You can also reduce motion blur with the blur filter, using radius in the opposite direction of motion, but I haven't developed enough skill with it myself. The light problems are often not solvable if they're already all too light or all too dark. If only some portions of the brightness or color range in your photo are bad, the image/adjust/curves tool is sometimes a good one. You've probably already tried the routine brightness, saturation, and contrast settings, which in Photoshop are in the menu of image/adjust, et seq.

AINAHS
10-15-2003, 02:26 PM
bob..they are from rollingstonecom - how could they not be legal?

bob

Bob
10-15-2003, 05:22 PM
bob..they are from rollingstonecom - how could they not be legal?

bob

In a figurative sense, if something is so enjoyable it's hardly believable, one way to describe it is to wonder aloud if it's legal.

On another level, some websites and/or messageboards devoted to Shania have been criticized for illegal activity. I don't know what all is involved. In our case, I suppose we've infringed on probably small aspects of technical requirements somewhere or other, mostly unintentional. Off the top of my head, I don't know all the ins and outs of Internet law. I did have to pass a test on the basics of copyright and "Fair Use" for the Internet at one time. Tho I have enough basic background in business and law to know how to look more deeply into the topic if it could help us in some way, there are others on board here whose current familiarity with the subject exceeds mine. I think Drum51 knows something in that field. Vivashania is another. And there are a couple people with experience in the broadcasting field and music production industry who know portions of the legal puzzle as well.

When I copied pictures and scans of newspaper articles from the Timmins Daily Press and other Timmins publication sources to post in my story thread about our experience at the Opening of the Shania Twain Centre in 2001, I contacted those sources and got their permission before posting. This was kind of an inconvenience for both them and for me. And it slowed down my progress. But they were glad I asked and glad to give permission after I briefly explained the usage.

As a practical matter, it might not have been necessary, nor even technically a legal requirement. It was mostly a courtesy I guess. But in a technical legal sense, getting that permission all but eliminated any future liability for my reasonable use of their material.

With the informality of the Web these days. a lot of people take a lot of things for granted. They're not always right in that, so sometimes I am curious if they know more than I do.

corran
10-15-2003, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by Bob
In a figurative sense, if something is so enjoyable it's hardly believable, one way to describe it is to wonder aloud if it's legal.

On another level, some websites and/or messageboards devoted to Shania have been criticized for illegal activity. I don't know what all is involved. In our case, I suppose we've infringed on probably small aspects of technical requirements somewhere or other, mostly unintentional. Off the top of my head, I don't know all the ins and outs of Internet law. I did have to pass a test on the basics of copyright and "Fair Use" for the Internet at one time. Tho I have enough basic background in business and law to know how to look more deeply into the topic if it could help us in some way, there are others on board here whose current familiarity with the subject exceeds mine. I think Drum51 knows something in that field. Vivashania is another. And there are a couple people with experience in the broadcasting field and music production industry who know portions of the legal puzzle as well.

When I copied pictures and scans of newspaper articles from the Timmins Daily Press and other Timmins publication sources to post in my story thread about our experience at the Opening of the Shania Twain Centre in 2001, I contacted those sources and got their permission before posting. This was kind of an inconvenience for both them and for me. And it slowed down my progress. But they were glad I asked and glad to give permission after I briefly explained the usage.

As a practical matter, it might not have been necessary, nor even technically a legal requirement. It was mostly a courtesy I guess. But in a technical legal sense, getting that permission all but eliminated any future liability for my reasonable use of their material.

With the informality of the Web these days. a lot of people take a lot of things for granted. They're not always right in that, so sometimes I am curious if they know more than I do.

Chris

The saying is true then,that my Mom used to pound in my
head...Better to ask first before you take eh!!

Benjamin

FV
10-15-2003, 08:17 PM
I have both the home and away jerseys. White and Red. What would you do if you were me?
I would try to get an autograph from Shania on one of them! :D
Here's the thread of those who are going to the Cleveland concert: :)

http://www.shania-twain.org/mb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=11411

olgap
10-15-2003, 11:38 PM
WOW!!!

What a phenomenal thread, I missed this one too somehow. Great review, great pics, wow, I'm speechless.

Richard, you've got such a big heart, good for you on donating those tickets. I do hope I can meet all of you in person someday, you all sound like such phenomenal people.

Have a blast in Cleveland cjynx with your daughter, good luck with the jerseys and getting autographs, high fives, etc..
Most importantly, have a blast!!!

Thanks everyone

:) :D ;)

resessions
10-16-2003, 01:22 AM
Originally posted by olgap
WOW!!!

What a phenomenal thread, I missed this one too somehow. Great review, great pics, wow, I'm speechless.

:) :D ;)

It is quite amazing that this thread is coming close to 2900 hits. I never imagined that it would have had such a response. I guess with Pittsburgh being the first USA tour stop of the Up! concerts, that is probably why it's been such a popular thread. As we've learned, each concert stop on this Up! tour so far has become better than the pervious venue, so if you're impressed with what you've read here and haven't seen your concert yet, get ready to be blown away because it's the Best Dang Concert You'll Ever See !!!!!:)

resessions
10-21-2003, 08:11 AM
Doc and Deb !!!

I received the CD of your Pittsburgh pictures yesterday !!! Thank you so much! That was so kind of you folks! Shania fans are the greatest! Can you believe this thread has almost 3000 hits now???!!! Phenominal !!!!:clap

Bob
10-21-2003, 12:16 PM
Hmn,
So are you gonna have a celebration? Or just give a door prize to the 3000th read. Oh wait, it might be just a guest reading, not a registered member. Oh well.

corran
10-21-2003, 06:55 PM
It is quite amazing that this thread is coming close to 2900 hits. I never imagined that it would have had such a response. I guess with Pittsburgh being the first USA tour stop of the Up! concerts, that is probably why it's been such a popular thread. As we've learned, each concert stop on this Up! tour so far has become better than the pervious venue, so if you're impressed with what you've read here and haven't seen your concert yet, get ready to be blown away because it's the Best Dang Concert You'll Ever See !!!!!:)

I can vouch safe that Bob from my observations on the MCI Concert in Washington DC...Shania knocked my socks totally off!!
And from what I could see of other fans everybody was in a frezied state of mind with her songs!! You could see that nearly eveyone was singing right along with Shania and her band the way she meant it to be!! Shania Twain is such a tremendous person!! I do hope to see her again in concert Bob!! Sometimes the fans would even drown out Shania's songs but when they did that Shania would raise the volume again!!

Benjamin

resessions
10-22-2003, 03:50 AM
I was on stage with Shania!!! See the Indianapolis thread !!!!

tower
10-22-2003, 04:07 AM
I was on stage with Shania!!! See the Indianapolis thread !!!!

You were! You lucky Dog you! Gosh link please someone! :D

resessions
10-22-2003, 05:16 AM
You were! You lucky Dog you! Gosh link please someone! :D

Tom, In this section (World Tour 2003/04) go to the thread titled " Indianapolis Oct. 21 to read about my on Stage experience with Shania :)

Bob
10-22-2003, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by corran
I can vouch safe that Bob from my observations on the MCI Concert in Washington DC...Shania knocked my socks totally off!!
And from what I could see of other fans everybody was in a frezied state of mind with her songs!! You could see that nearly eveyone was singing right along with Shania and her band the way she meant it to be!! Shania Twain is such a tremendous person!! I do hope to see her again in concert Bob!! Sometimes the fans would even drown out Shania's songs but when they did that Shania would raise the volume again!!

Benjamin

Ben,
I'm afraid you lost me again. You quoted Richard and responded to his comments, but you cited my name twice instead of his. That's happened on another 1 or 2 of your posts too.

One way to tell us apart is that he's the new member with the long handle, and strong young ideas. I'm the older member with the short handle.

corran
10-22-2003, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by Bob
Ben,
I'm afraid you lost me again. You quoted Richard and responded to his comments, but you cited my name twice instead of his. That's happened on another 1 or 2 of your posts too.

Guess I did an opps there Bob!! Sorry about that!! I know Richard anyway!! It is great he got an opportunity to meet Shania on Stage!!

Benjamin

One way to tell us apart is that he's the new member with the long handle, and strong young ideas. I'm the older member with the short handle.

tower
10-23-2003, 04:37 AM
Tom, In this section (World Tour 2003/04) go to the thread titled " Indianapolis Oct. 21 to read about my on Stage experience with Shania :)

Been there, read that and posted my reply... GOSH I sat next to someone in Timmins who has just hugged Shania in front of 15,000 or so fellow fans.... faints... :p

WAY TO GO RICHARD (AKA Donny ;))