PDA

View Full Version : Boston Concert Review

ShaniaGuy
10-08-2003, 01:08 AM
Okay... this is the "short review" because it's 2 AM here in NH.

WOW!... I mean freakin' WOW, you know like that "I can die now because life ain't gonna get any better" kind of WOW. This show was perfect... and I mean literally flawless. You can tell it's early in the tour because everyone was fresh and energized. Shania did the first half of the show wearing a Boston Red Sox shirt, and the crowd just ate that up. There were many references to the Red Sox during the show which makes me wonder what might have been said instead if the Sox had lost to the A's.

I was doubly blessed during this show because I got to shake hands with the lead guitarist on his way to the stage, and later on in the show, Shania sang "The Woman in Me" from a seat 4 rows directly behind me. That is the closest I have ever gotten to her; It was surreal. I was just standing there staring at her and harmonizing along. (Did I mention that I can die now?)

The show lasted over 2 hours, and was followed by an impressive encore. By the end of the last number, there were fireworks, confetti, and streamers everywhere... it was just an incredible experience.

I think I know how Moses felt when he came down from the mountain. I'm still "glowing" from the whole experience. I hope I can sleep tonight. Gee, I wonder what I'll dream about?

That's my 2 cents. Maybe I'll have a more rational review when the adrenaline rush stops.

One more time.......... WOW!!!! :D

-ShaniaGuy-

Jud
10-08-2003, 01:13 AM
Thanks for the quick review!
Happy you enjoyed so much! And great to hear from you!

Shania's_Sister
10-08-2003, 01:22 AM
Thank you for your review:)

Carley

FV
10-08-2003, 01:37 AM
ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS concert!:BL :JP as always with Shania!:D Real Cool
A short list of the main highlights, cause it's 2.28 AM here..LOL! :p
1) As ShaniaGuy said she started by wearing a Red Sox jersey (number of the back was 5, but could not read the name of the person, Shania's hair was covering it..) and a pair of black jeans with decorations..
2) she changed into a pink top with above that a light green top, black pants with many zippers and black boots with ribbons matching the tops colors.:BL
3) She ended wearing a Bruins jersey! JD had been wearing a Bruins jersey throughout the whole concert...
4) There was one surprise and a couple of funny things...I'll tell you tomorrow..
5) I got a 3rd floor seat, smacked in the middle of the oval shaped stage, along the long side of the stage, 2 hours before the concert started at the Box Office..and got an autograph too!
6) As Shaniaguy said she sang TWIM in the tier 1 level where the Official Fan Club had given away seats..Very cool! I am very happy for you ShaniaGuy that you got to see her close UP! too! She sang TWIM with Marc Muller at the guitar..not Brent this time...wasn't Brent the one who played the guitar during TWIM with Shania?
7)This was my first time using a disposable camera, I'll try to get the photo developed before Friday: hopefully some of them came out good..especially 2 of Shania I took when she was really close to me during that surprise that took place before she sang YSTO, she was wearing the Bruins jersey and showing me a 350 Megawatts smile..:Bthumb
8) The very last guitar Brent uses during RTC merits a mention: I would name it: "Goldfinger" guitar..LOL!
I'll type up a detailed report tomorrow morning late...an excellent Shania in every sense!
Good night!:yippee:

Jud
10-08-2003, 02:04 AM
Happy for you!
Hurry with the additional stories and pictures!

Shania's_Sister
10-08-2003, 02:56 AM
Thanks FV:)

Carley

cbspock
10-08-2003, 05:24 AM
Guess, I'll read the review when I get back from my concert tonight. :) Glad to hear she ROCKED BOSTON!!

-Chris

DOC BILL
10-08-2003, 06:10 AM
Great review! Sounds like she is truely rockin' this country!
Per the Adrenaline rush and euphoria that you get during the concert and afterwards-it is intense isn't it? A question for those of you who have been thru her concert this time-Has anyone gotten the blues a few days later and felt like they just have to see her perform again like that nite? I did and do! Every time I come here and see she's in Boston or where ever I sit here and say-I wish I wish I wish I could be there tonite so so so bad! I can't wait till Cleveland but then again I know there will be the days after Cleveland I'll have to deal with. This is all funny stuff for a guy whose never been a "fan" of anyone in his life! DOC

cbspock
10-08-2003, 06:13 AM
Originally posted by DOC BILL
Per the Adrenaline rush and euphoria that you get during the concert and afterwards-it is intense isn't it? A question for those of you who have been thru her concert this time-Has anyone gotten the blues a few days later and felt like they just have to see her perform again like that nite? I did and do! Every time I come here and see she's in Boston or where ever I sit here and say-I wish I wish I wish I could be there tonite so so so bad! I can't wait till Cleveland but then again I know there will be the days after Cleveland I'll have to deal with. This is all funny stuff for a guy whose never been a "fan" of anyone in his life! DOC

I get to see her tonight in NJ, then Sunday here on Long Island then next Tuesday in NYC, man is the withdrawl gonna be bad.

-Chris

resessions
10-08-2003, 06:37 AM
Originally posted by DOC BILL

I know exactly what you mean Bill. The thing that has kept me going at this point is knowing that I've got tickets reserved for Chicago and Milwaukee but after that might be tough.....considerign to get tix for St. Louis. After that just keeping my fingers crossed that us fans will have a chance for the Thanksgiving special.

resessions
10-08-2003, 06:40 AM
Originally posted by cbspock
I get to see her tonight in NJ, then Sunday here on Long Island then next Tuesday in NYC, man is the withdrawl gonna be bad.

-Chris

Yes, but Oooooo what a week you'll have though Chris.....details, We want NYK details !!!!! Looking forward to your report and experience with "Our Girl"

cbspock
10-08-2003, 06:41 AM
The day after Chicago....felt like I had a hangover.

-Chris

resessions
10-08-2003, 06:44 AM
Thanks to ShaniaGuys and FV for the quick reports....looking forward to more details from you or anybody else that was there in Boston last night. And ShanaiGuy...I relate to how you started your reports...I believe I started both of my reports from Pittsburgh and Grand Rapids with "Wow" !!!! Very appropriate word to start your reports with :)

shaniawarrior
10-08-2003, 09:22 AM

-Chris

LOL. I don't know what a hangover feels like, but I know the day after Chicago I was soo....drained, yet still excited. I was still in the 'OMG I JUST SAW SHANIA SO FREAKEN CLOSE!' mode and called all the DJs back home, but I was also 'Ohhhhh I can't wait to sleeeeeeeep' because I got barely any sleep while in Chicago for obvious reasons. :D I can't wait until October 17!!! And you know, it figures that just when I have the courage to skip my classes, my stupid genetics test gets moved to that Friday!!!!

A HYPER Shania fan,
Desiree

Tee
10-08-2003, 09:36 AM

-Chris

Well if you had a hangover after Chicago, get ready cuz this just puts Chicago to shame!!!! :)

resessions
10-08-2003, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by Tee
Well if you had a hangover after Chicago, get ready cuz this just puts Chicago to shame!!!! :)

You got that one right Tee !!!! Even with as awesome as the Chicago Grant Park concert was, it doesn't hold a candle to what will be experienced in the Up! concerts. Wow!!!! Whatta Rush !!!!

Joni
10-08-2003, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by shaniawarrior
LOL. I don't know what a hangover feels like, but I know the day after Chicago I was soo....drained, yet still excited.

Good Girl!:Bthumb

Keep the reviews coming!

Joni

kirppu
10-08-2003, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by FV
a Bruins jersey! YAY!!! :D :D :D

Originally posted by FV
I got a 3rd floor seat, smacked in the middle of the oval shaped stage, along the long side of the stage, 2 hours before the concert started at the Box Office..and got an autograph too!
:eek: :eek: What luck! :GL

woody03
10-08-2003, 01:14 PM
Shania was awesome last night, she looked great in her 3 costume changes!! I just wanted to add something very interesting! While we were waiting for them to scan our tickets in, so we could go into the arena. There was a camera crew there fiming the crowd, where we were. he tolk us to say, "we love shania!" while his crew video taped! My friend and i were like ok... we were so excited, thinking we were going to be on tonights news. So the crowd chanted "We love Shania!" it was funny, then the man instructed us to chant, "We love Oprah!" when i heard this i was so excited, because i remember that she was going to be on her show, and they were probably going to use this footage on her show. So everyone screamed as loud as we can! The crowd was great. The man went around interviewing several shania fans, including two little girls with cowboy hats on. just thought i let you guys know.. He did not release an air date for her show!.................robby loves shania!

kirppu
10-08-2003, 03:10 PM
Ah, very interesting!

All eyes on Oprah then! hehe

resessions
10-08-2003, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by woody03
So the crowd chanted "We love Shania!" it was funny, then the man instructed us to chant, "We love Oprah!" when i heard this i was so excited, because i remember that she was going to be on her show, and they were probably going to use this footage on her show. He did not release an air date for her show!.................robby loves shania!

resessions
10-08-2003, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by woody03
So the crowd chanted "We love Shania!" it was funny, then the man instructed us to chant, "We love Oprah!" when i heard this i was so excited, because i remember that she was going to be on her show, and they were probably going to use this footage on her show. He did not release an air date for her show!.................robby loves shania!

From what I understand, Oprah will tape the show on Monday Oct. 20 with an air date of Oct. 22...at least thats what i understand.

tower
10-08-2003, 11:42 PM
Thank you everyone for the revues so far, makes the wait until Shania comes back to Europe a little easier on me!

Tom @ home for now.

Steve F
10-09-2003, 09:55 AM
San Francisco Giants are my team, always have been, but I follow the Red Sox too. Jersey #5 is Nomar Garciapara. Also, it should be noted he is engaged to be married later this year to Mia Ham, the women's Ameican Soccer star.

Steve