PDA

View Full Version : My Initial Favorites (of the new songs)

Shaniafan2000
10-30-2004, 07:18 AM
Although I remember from two years ago, it being discussed how some people had already chosen their favorite songs from "Up!" based on only hearing the streaming audio samples of the songs, I feel that with having heard the new songs several times now, I have come to a pretty good decision of how I would personally rank the songs at this point in time. So here goes,

1.) I Ain't No Quitter
2.) Don't
3.) Party For Two with Billly Currington
4.) Party for Two with Mark McGrath

It was difficult for me to choose the 1/2 spots, because I really liked both of these songs almost equally, however, I guess part of my fondness for fiddles made me somewhat biased in my final results, though as has happened before my decisions have ended up changing. I really love "Don't"' and I am sure I will probably enjoy it several times more once I hear it on my portable cd player/discman so that I can fully experience the song the way it is meant to be heard. Those are my thoughts, how about everyone else's thoughts at this point in time who have heard the songs?

Jud
10-30-2004, 07:28 AM
I would "cheat" a bit:

1, Don't & I Ain't No Quitter
2, PF2 with Currington
3, PF2 with McGrath

Notes:
My only problem with Quitter are the lyrics, not that they are bad, but it's hard to be encharmed by a guy like this, I sure would be run as fast as I can, and you can call me a quitter...
But I really like the swing, and the instrumentation.

About PF2, I think, I like a bit more McGrath voice, but I don't like the prodoction of the pop version, contrary to the country version.

Steve F
10-30-2004, 03:46 PM
Right now, I would go like this:

Don't [Loved this song the first time I heard it - Pretty]
PF2 [A Tie for me-Video Mark M // Audio Billy C-tough to decide]
I Ain't No Quitter [I like it a lot, reminds me of 50's rockabilly like Carl Perkins, Johnny Cash. Maybe a little Swing here and there, interesting song]

Steve

HomerSimpson
10-30-2004, 04:10 PM
1 - Don't (Beautiful Lyrics)
2 - PF2 (with Billly Currington)
3 -I Ain't No Quitter
4 - Party for Two (with Mark McGrath)

shabas
10-30-2004, 06:53 PM
1. Party for two with billy
2. Party for two with mark
3. Don't
4. I ain't no quitter

Sheri
10-30-2004, 08:05 PM
Don't
PF2 (Mark)
PF2 (Billy)
Quitter

STFanForever
10-31-2004, 11:17 AM
Here's my favorite of the new songs:
Don't
I Ain't No Quitter
Party For Two (w/ Mark McGrath)
Party For Two (w/ Billy Currington)

Of course, they're all terrific, and it was really hard to decide, but if I had to pick, these would be my favorites.

matteotempo
11-03-2004, 04:59 AM
Party For Two - country
I Ain't No Quitter
Don't!
Party For Two - pop

It was difficult to choose the spots 2 and 3 'cause they're two amazing songs...but I really like the lyrics of IANQ so that's why I put it at number 2