PDA

View Full Version : "Don't!" on the Charts

Pages : [1] 2 3

ojibiwanqueenst
01-03-2005, 11:03 AM
There is already some pre-play from some stations, we don't know which ones, however. The song will pick up plays from CMT this week and the following weeks. That will make it appear on Mediabase. It is a great idea to let YOUR station(s) know that you want to hear Shania's new single, especially Large Markets (http://shania-twain.org/mb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=15636). For a time-zone station listing, please visit HERE (http://www.freewebs.com/shaniainternational/request.html)

PRE-PLAY
D!>>#183 with 4 spins, +4 plays, with .018 million listeners.

This is UP! 2 plays from yesterday, and again, these numbers are from stations, CMT doesn't report audience.

jen
01-03-2005, 04:05 PM
I think we should try our luck with "PFT" on AC radio now....the song is picking up and may even move up to #19 by tomorrow! Until we have an OFFICIAL RELEASE DATE for "Don't", or until "PFT" is completely dead on AC Radio.......I am sticking to that.

GO HERE FOR STATS ON AC CHART & PFT's standings!
http://www.shania-twain.org/mb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=15891&perpage=40&pagenumber=2

...............but to each its own some are a little more country some are a little rock 'n roll:) I just feel Valentine's will hurt "DON't" just like it did w/ "IOHWIB" and maybe that is part of the reasoning of no release date yet & why the video was not premiered on all music channels?

ojibiwanqueenst
01-03-2005, 04:10 PM
I disagree, to an extent. Valentine's Day may hurt the song, but we need to let radio know that people are excited about a new Shania song. Even just a "hey did u know shania's new single will be dont"?

imonmywayup
01-03-2005, 05:15 PM
I agree with both of you. Let's get PF2 going on AC and at the same time start spreading the word about Don't! I think Don't! has a stronger message than IOHWIB, I think that it will have a deeper emotional impact because it is about repairing relationships whereas IOHWIB is about an ended relationship. There is such a powerful emotion in Don't! I believe it will survive Valentine's Day and do even better than FAFA, IMO.

cbspock
01-03-2005, 07:14 PM
The song is a good valentines song, it is about not letting a relationship wind up in the scrap pile.

-Chris

irene cross
01-03-2005, 10:02 PM
For those of you who can get GAC check out their scedule for SHANIA TWAIN.

They will be playing "DON'T" a lot more within the nexct few days more so than CMT where it premiered.

For instance on Wednesday they will be playing it 8 times throughout theb day.

They seem to be playing Shania a lot more than CMT is.

"SHE'S STILL THE ONE FOREVER AND FOR ALWAYS"

ojibiwanqueenst
01-03-2005, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by irene cross

They will be playing "DON'T" a lot more within the nexct few days more so than CMT where it premiered.

They seem to be playing Shania a lot more than CMT is.

CMT just started. I will report their weekend numbers when they are posted. I saw it 4 times today tho..

Jud
01-03-2005, 10:46 PM
Well, there are a couple of points we have to consider:

1, I think no matter what, Shania won't have a #1 in these days on country radio. She did not had one since 1998 - and think about the #1s. most of them weren't nor better, neither more country than Shania's songs.

2. Country radio does have a certain controll about who goes where, especially when it comes to female singers. we have to keep and bug them, for not allow them to push Shania's songs away.

2, Our "role" is to request any Shania song like crazys:
a, to show up to this bigott industry
b, simple because it's promotion for Shania - more people hear her songs, more potential fans.
c, because its fun to hear her songs on your local or stream radio.

cbspock
01-03-2005, 11:07 PM
The top 5 is locked up for paying customers only, in my opinion.

-Chris

Jud
01-03-2005, 11:19 PM
Errrr, FAFA got to #4.

sas
01-04-2005, 08:39 AM
Originally posted by irene cross

They seem to be playing Shania a lot more than CMT is

"SHE'S STILL THE ONE FOREVER AND FOR ALWAYS"

thanks for the heads UP!... I've been voting but have not been able to catch it on GAC yet ... will keep a lookout....

imonmywayup
01-04-2005, 09:06 AM
PRE-PLAY
D!>>#178 with 5 spins, +5 plays, with .019 million listeners.

Woooo progress LOL. Anyway, request PF2!!! :p

Steve F
01-04-2005, 12:11 PM
It would be nice to have PF2 pop make some kind of a statement on AC.

Steve

cbspock
01-04-2005, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by Jud
Errrr, FAFA got to #4.

For how long???

-Chris

ojibiwanqueenst
01-04-2005, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by cbspock
For how long???

-Chris

Idk but Jud is right, that's its peak on BB.

Steve F
01-05-2005, 12:36 PM
Here is when "Don't will be on GAC today and tomorrow:

NOTE: Time listed is the half hour in which the video will air.All times are Eastern.

1/2 HOUR
PLAYED TITLE ARTIST
Wednesday January 5

12:00 AM Don't Shania Twain
02:00 AM Don't Shania Twain
06:00 AM Don't Shania Twain
08:30 AM Don't Shania Twain
11:30 AM Don't Shania Twain
01:00 PM Don't Shania Twain
03:00 PM Don't Shania Twain
04:00 PM Party For Two* Shania Twain/Billy Currington
06:30 PM Don't Shania Twain

Thursday January 6

12:00 AM It Only Hurts When I'm Breathing* Shania Twain
01:00 AM When You Kiss Me* Shania Twain
02:00 AM Party For Two* Shania Twain/Billy Currington
06:00 AM Man, I Feel Like a Woman* Shania Twain
07:00 AM Don't Shania Twain
12:30 PM Don't Shania Twain
01:30 PM The Woman In Me (Needs The Man In Y Shania Twain
03:00 PM Don't Shania Twain
06:00 PM It Only Hurts When I'm Breathing* Shania Twain

Just go here and type in Shania's name. It will tell you when her videos, or any other artist you are looking for will be played. If nothing shows, then there aren't any for that period:

http://www.countrystars.com/playlist.html

It sure would be nice if CMT did this. GAC has always done it as long as I've watched it.

Steve

jen
01-05-2005, 12:39 PM
The video is already added on GAC's video vote page....request it! Let's try and gice it a great debut position!

http://www.countrystars.com/vote.html

Steve F
01-05-2005, 01:39 PM
I see a lot of activity on the VH1 Message Board for Don't. I hope it works, but as much as I love this song and the video, I "don't" think it has much of a chance to land on their countdown. To demonstrate, this is what they have on there right now:

1 My Boo (Feat. Alicia Keys) Usher *

2 Meant to Live, Switchfoot

3 Vertigo, U2 *

4 I Don't Want to Be, Gavin DeGraw

5 Lose My Breath, Destiny's Child

6 Daughters, John Mayer *

7 Just Lose It, Eminem

8 Breakaway, Kelly Clarkson *

9 Fall to Pieces, Velvet Revolver

10 Nelly - "Over and Over" f/Tim McGraw *

11 Lady, Lenny Kravitz *

12 Boulevard of Broken Dreams, Green Day

13 Nobody's Home, Avril Lavigne

14 What Are You Waiting For, Gwen Stefani

15 Sunday Morning, Maroon 5

16 Somewhere Only We Know, Keane

17 Walk Tall, John Mellencamp *

18 (Reach Up for The) Sunrise, Duran Duran

19 Pain, Jimmy Eat World

20 Soldier, Destiny's Child

========

Now some of these songs I like. Those I've *

It works out to 7 I guess. I know Destiny's Child is supposed to be talented, but every song has that same beat. How many ways can you do that? My daughters were Duran Duran fans, maybe?

Anyway, Shania is going to have a hard fight on her hands to land in this countdown with Don't. I say this because I fully expected PF2 to make it becasue of Mark McGrath specifically, but it hasn't and doesn't look like it will.

Steve

Rufus
01-05-2005, 04:53 PM
i know this is a stupid question before i ask it but here goes, should we start requesting Don't on country radio with full force because i have a long list of radio stations saved on "My Favorites" page that i can start bombarding with emails. But i don't want to start doing that if they don't have the single yet because it could get them angry. so what do you guys advise? should i go ahead with full force and request like crazy? or wait until there's information of a release date? your help would be very appreciated. :)

imonmywayup
01-05-2005, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by Rufus
i know this is a stupid question before i ask it but here goes, should we start requesting Don't on country radio with full force because i have a long list of radio stations saved on "My Favorites" page that i can start bombarding with emails. But i don't want to start doing that if they don't have the single yet because it could get them angry. so what do you guys advise? should i go ahead with full force and request like crazy? or wait until there's information of a release date? your help would be very appreciated. :)

IMO we need to continue to focus on PF2 because Don't! isn't officially released only 1 or 2 stations are trying it. PF2 is up from last week thought it's losing in spins but there's still a chance.

corran
01-05-2005, 06:47 PM
WMZQ still does not have the Don't single either but they still have PF2 with Billly Currington...But I have requested Don't...I can't see the harm in requesting it occaisionally at present...So I have on WMZQ starting today...I will probably request once every three days until they have then go all out...

Benjamin:)

Rufus
01-06-2005, 07:44 PM
ok, that seems logical. to still request Party for Two until Don't is officially released. thanks for the input.

imonmywayup
01-07-2005, 09:13 AM
PRE-PLAY

D!>>#78 with 21 spins, +20 plays, with .138 million listeners.

Jud
01-08-2005, 09:25 AM
jan 8, 3.25am

D! >> #70 with 28 spins, +26 plays and 0.246 audience impressions.

ojibiwanqueenst
01-08-2005, 01:19 PM
DONT! is beginning to test in several markets. Starting Monday, we need to let these markets know what we think. It is already picking up LARGE MARKET play as well.

KSOP-FM Salt Lake City
KBUL-FM Reno
KIIM-FM Tucson
WKHX-FM Atlanta
WKLB-FM Boston
WCOS-FM Columbia, SC
KIZN-FM Boise
WPUR-FM Atlantic City

Again, if you live in a LARGE MARKET, please let them know that you are interested in hearing DONT!"

corran
01-08-2005, 02:33 PM
Yes I agree Ojibwanqueenst...And I have been doing that at a clear channel station here in the Washington DC area called WMZQ...

GonnaGetcha720
01-08-2005, 03:07 PM
jan 8, 11.19am

D! >> #67 with 32 spins, +30 plays and 0.268 audience impressions.

Well, the song is moving up slowly, but surely. As soon as "Party For Two" goes recurrent expect spins for "Don't" to increase rapidly. The video is now getting more and more rotation on GAC and CMT.

However, Billboard's chart just changed its formula where as the country singles chart is now put together by audience impression so be sure to request at top 25 markets. REQUEST, REQUEST, REQUEST

GonnaGetcha720
01-08-2005, 10:48 PM
jan 8, 11.19am

D! >> #65 with 32 spins, +30 plays and 0.268 audience impressions.

Let's keep this thing going! I think I heard somewhere that the official release date for "Don't" on Country radio is Jan. 17th. Not sure if that is right or not...

Steve F
01-09-2005, 01:00 PM
Call me a special interest lobbyist, I don't care!:D ::D

Our oldest grandaughter Hope and her sister are staying with us overnight. I played the Don't Video for her yesterday. It was a good strategy on my part as I yanked her away from Avril Lavagne for a while anyway. Hope loves horses and riding, so she was tuned right in to the video.HEY1 My wife on the other hand thinks Shania bounces too much on the horse.:CZ :hyst: :giggy:

Steve

Jud
01-09-2005, 01:12 PM
yep, she close to give a new meaning to the "pop-up videos"

GonnaGetcha720
01-09-2005, 01:14 PM
jan 9, 3.22am

D! >> #63 with 41 spins, +37 plays and 0.326 audience impressions.

As long as we get a little increase everyday the song will be successful. A gain of about 75,000 in audience. Hopefully when the Lopez movie comes out the single will get a lot more airplay and promotion.

GonnaGetcha720
01-09-2005, 01:22 PM
REMEMBER TO REQUEST AT THESE STATIONS...THEY BRING IN HUGE AUDIENCE IMPRESSIONS:

2 Los Angeles KZLA-FM
3 Chicago WUSN-FM
4 San Francisco KZBR-FM
5 Dallas KPLX-FM
5 Dallas KSCS-FM
6 Philadelphia WXTU-FM
7 Houston KILT-FM
7 Houston KKBQ-FM
8 Wash DC WMZQ-FM
9 Boston WKLB-FM
10 Detroit WYCD-FM
11 Atlanta WKHX-FM
11 Atlanta WYAY-FM
12 Miami WKIS-FM
14 Seattle KMPS-FM
15 Phoenix KMLE-FM
15 Phoenix KNIX-FM
16 Minneapolis KEEY-FM
17 San Diego KSON-FM
17 San Diego KUSS-FM
19 Baltimore WPOC-FM
20 St. Louis KSD-FM
20 St. Louis WIL-FM
21 Tampa WQYK-FM
21 Tampa WYUU-FM
22 Denver KYGO-FM
23 Pittsburgh WDSY-FM
23 Pittsburgh WOGI-FM
24 Portland KUPL-FM
24 Portland KWJJ-FM
25 Cleveland WGAR-FM

GonnaGetcha720
01-09-2005, 03:32 PM
jan 9, 11.32am

D! >> #61 with 46 spins, +42 plays and 0.371 audience impressions.

An increase in audience impressions of about 50,000 since this morning. :)

corran
01-09-2005, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by Steve F
Call me a special interest lobbyist, I don't care!:D ::D

Our oldest grandaughter Hope and her sister are staying with us overnight. I played the Don't Video for her yesterday. It was a good strategy on my part as I yanked her away from Avril Lavagne for a while anyway. Hope loves horses and riding, so she was tuned right in to the video.HEY1 My wife on the other hand thinks Shania bounces too much on the horse.:CZ :hyst: :giggy:

Steve

Bouncing is normal on a horse Steve...But you can minimize it by how you ride the horse...Shania apparently choose to ride the horse normally as in trott mode instead of full gallop for speed...She appears to be using a saddle...

ojibiwanqueenst
01-10-2005, 07:48 AM
PrePlay
D!>>#59 with 53 spins +49 plays, with .415 million listeners.

Steve F
01-10-2005, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by corran
Bouncing is normal on a horse Steve...But you can minimize it by how you ride the horse...Shania apparently choose to ride the horse normally as in trott mode instead of full gallop for speed...She appears to be using a saddle...

:hyst: I know what you are saying. You have to understand that my wife is, let's just say not crazy about my being a fan, so this is where it came from. Shania could've have worn a monk's robe, but then the video wouldn't have been quite as effective.:giggy: I look at it as just being a sensual thing, and certainly nothing like a Madonna, or Beyonce video for example. To me some of these are way too provocative. Just my opinion.

Steve

ojibiwanqueenst
01-11-2005, 07:51 AM
PREPLAY
D!>>#54 with 79 spins, +74 plays with 0.633 million listeners.

ojibiwanqueenst
01-12-2005, 07:43 AM
PREPLAY
D!>>#49 with 119 plays, +113 spins, with .958 million listeners.

I don't have my charts to tell me where PFT was in preplay but D! is doing very well. It is also taking off with 3 new stations accounting for 27 new spins.

The closer we get to the release, the more this thing is going to move. If you are not requesting it yet, please start tomorrow.

jen
01-12-2005, 03:52 PM
Cool and one of my local station is now playing it...it sounds good on radio!! One down 2 stations to go!!! Come on everyone, let your local stations know you want to hear "DON't"!

imonmywayup
01-12-2005, 03:56 PM
yeap REQUEST!

Jud
01-12-2005, 08:08 PM
It was picket 58 against 42 on Aftermidnite show

http://www.aftermidnite.com/music.htm

SO start to give attention to this "surveys" on wmzq and kzla and other sites, as they can influence how much the station is playing the song.

Just a reminden, PF2 on the contrary was not picked, but flicked.
And another reminder it may mean nothing as how the song will do n the charts.

Jud
01-12-2005, 08:21 PM
CMT-TV
KBUL-FM Reno Country
KSOP-FM Salt Lake City Country
WCTK-FM Providence Country
KATM-FM Stockton Country
WDAF-FM Kansas City Country
KSKS-FM Fresno Country
KNCI-FM Sacramento Country
KIZN-FM Boise Country
WPUR-FM Atlantic City Country
KIIM-FM Tucson Country
WKLB-FM Boston Country
WYNK-FM Baton Rouge Country
WKHX-FM Atlanta Country
KILT-FM Houston Country
WPCV-FM Lakeland Country
WGNA-FM Albany, NY Country
KRST-FM Albuquerque Country
WGH-FM Norfolk Country
WSM-FM Nashville Country
WCOS-FM Columbia, SC Country
WFBE-FM Flint Country

jen
01-12-2005, 11:21 PM
I noticed when I logged onto my comp that MSN has top 20 videos, I checked it out and "PFT" is #13!:) Then if you click on "PFT" it shows more videos and "DON't" is on there too! Hopefully, this is a good sign.

http://music.msn.com/music/top20videos

jen
01-12-2005, 11:30 PM
...............oh yeah forgot to mention "DON'T" is also already on LAUNCH, make sure u rate it!

http://launch.yahoo.com/ar-267431-videos--Shania-Twain

ojibiwanqueenst
01-13-2005, 07:54 AM
PRE-PLAY
D!>>#44 with 228 spins, +220 plays, with 1.489 million listeners.

Nice jump! :D Let's keep doing this all the way until Monday, when we can JUMP some more! :BL

ojibiwanqueenst
01-14-2005, 07:48 AM
PREPLAY
D!>>#43 with 254 spins, +234 plays, with 1.689 million listeners.

imonmywayup
01-15-2005, 07:01 AM
3AM
PRE-PLAY
D!>>#43 with 269 spins, +237 plays, with 1.776 million listeners.

Jud
01-15-2005, 08:48 AM
Played by 68 stations.

jen
01-15-2005, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by Jud
Played by 68 stations. COOL but it needs to move up and not be stagnant!!!REQUEST AT YOUR LOCAL STATIONS!

ojibiwanqueenst
01-15-2005, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by jen
COOL but it needs to move up and not be stagnant!!!REQUEST AT YOUR LOCAL STATIONS!

It did gain some spins and quite a bit of audience though. :)

Jud
01-15-2005, 11:13 AM
We need a lot of patience and spirit for "Don't!"

First of all, it's a ballad, which alway has slower ways, and being added for the best hours last:

Waugh says country artists already have fewer avenues for radio and chart exposure than their pop counterparts and will be limited even more. He also says ballads, a mainstay of country radio, will have a harder time cracking the chart under the new system.“They are the last songs to go into morning drive,” he said. “So, you’re kind of being penalized if you are a new artist, or if you have a ballad. And if you’re a new artist with a ballad, you really have a hard time breaking into the system.”

http://www.shania-twain.org/mb/showthread.php?s=&postid=171683#post171683

Also, the charts still going traditionalist.

And since the weekend Billboard switched to its new chart system, there was a huge jump in the spins of the top 30 songs."

- In the top 20 only 2 songs has less than +200 plays, both of tem should have been gone recurrent (McGraw and Shelton), and the majority has more than +300 plays.

- Inside the top 30 only 5 songs under +200 plays.

-------------------------------------------------
It will be a long way for Don't!, but we will have to keep and request it, and push it on surveys, and song comparitions, etc.

ojibiwanqueenst
01-15-2005, 11:16 AM
The reason for the jump on Mediabase Jud, from what I have been told, is over the new year they slashed the monitored stations to 112, and then last week bumped it back up to 116. Remember the last time they did that, PFT gained 100+ spins and over 1m audience.

Jud
01-15-2005, 11:41 AM
It's still too high for the top 30 generally, including the charts.
We will see what will happen next week.
I think it is connected to the fact, that Billboard changed.

imonmywayup
01-15-2005, 12:33 PM
The closer it gets to #30 the slower it rises up the chart BUT I think that with it's release next week it will push through and hopefully make top 25. I have all my friends and family who never really cared much for Shania's music falling head over heals for Don't! I really think this is the next #1 for Shania.

Jud
01-15-2005, 12:38 PM
I wish you were right, but in the current industry athmosphare I just can't see country radio letting her have a #1.
She hasn't had one since 1998. And Chesney and McGraw has a new single out too, and Clark and Evans and Wilson infront....

Steve F
01-15-2005, 12:48 PM
As much as I hate myself for saying this, Shania may never have another #1, or at least not anytime soon. As well as she does, it is true we have Kenny, Tim, Keith, etc. These are the hot artists right now. They have the big spotlight. It makes it difficult for Shania, or Reba or any of the ladies who have been big get that #1 spot like they were doing 5 years ago. Let's hope she can do it, but also let's not get depressed if she doesn't. Her career is doing just fine. She is still one of the top stars, and always remember she is always #1 for us.;)

Steve

Jud
01-15-2005, 01:01 PM
Steve, it's not about who's hot right now, it's about industry politics and all the other stuff.
Male singers who are listed as A artists, have an automatic run to the top5, top 3 or #1.

Shania's best was 4 #1s in a row. McGraw on the other hand can't release a single, would be the mst horrible,which won't hit #1. I think all his lat 10 something singles were #1s.

Strait has it till he hit 50, Jackson had it in the last few years, though he's latest material is not considered hot.
Chesney, no matter how not coutry he is, Lonestar, Rascall Flatts etc.
Even Wilson with all her hype could not had two #1s in a row, neither Clark, or Martina. Zip.

ojibiwanqueenst
01-15-2005, 02:02 PM
Wilson's new single will reach and peak within the next 5-8 weeks. That will be good for Shania. McBride's new one is taking its time. Keith missed his mark with "Mockingbird". McGraw's new one won't be sent for another 3-4 weeks I think. Chesney's song is just moving. Lonestar goes the same day as Shania. Clark will go nowhere, especially with the industry reaction I have heard about the song.

There will be several songs spinning out as D! reaches Top 20/10: Jackson, Rimes, Worley, Flatts, McEntire, plus Shelton and McGraw will go recurrent eventually. Urban may be gone by the time D! gets there too. I think the timing is great b/c the high rollers will be falling while D! is climbing and that may present a window of opprotunity.

I think D! is going to connect to more people outside of Shania's fanbase, as imonmywayup mentioned. I am in the group yelling 'Next #1 for Twain!!' :BL

cbspock
01-15-2005, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by Steve F
As much as I hate myself for saying this, Shania may never have another #1, or at least not anytime soon. As well as she does, it is true we have Kenny, Tim, Keith, etc. These are the hot artists right now. They have the big spotlight. It makes it difficult for Shania, or Reba or any of the ladies who have been big get that #1 spot like they were doing 5 years ago. Let's hope she can do it, but also let's not get depressed if she doesn't. Her career is doing just fine. She is still one of the top stars, and always remember she is always #1 for us.;)

Steve

Reba had a #1 because the label had to buy it. The politics of Music Row and how much money is crammed under the table play a huge role in who gets to the top of the chart.

The DJs in my area, told me flat out, requests mean nothing, they do not control what gets on the air. Clear Channel tells them what gets played, and right now, they are not adding anything new from Shania.

-Chris

cbspock
01-15-2005, 06:20 PM
Note: A few small/mid market Clear Channel stations have added "Don't!", which doesn't mean much yet (an "add" doesn't mean meaningful spins or support). Large markets are needed. Clear Channel "corporate" intentionally refused to support PFT or any recent Shania single. This unacceptably close to "blacklist" behavior must be addressed now so Shania's "Don't!" single is played on musical merit and audience demand at all stations.

-shania.com

Wonder why Clear Channel is being this way?

-Chris

ojibiwanqueenst
01-15-2005, 06:30 PM

-Chris

Are you be sarcastic?

cbspock
01-15-2005, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by ojibiwanqueenst
Are you be sarcastic?

No. I would love to know the cause. Knowing radio it is probably something illegal.

-Chris

ojibiwanqueenst
01-15-2005, 06:45 PM
No. I would love to know the cause. Knowing radio it is probably something illegal.

-Chris

Don't have the answer but they stopped supporting when SNJAPF came out.

cbspock
01-15-2005, 06:47 PM
Don't have the answer but they stopped supporting when SNJAPF came out.

So something has to be up between Clear Channel and the label. Hey, maybe Owen should take care of this, or does he have to call Shania first to get advice. :rolleyes:

-Chris

Jud
01-15-2005, 09:02 PM
It worth to check, but I think during the second leg of Shania's NA tour, they used other promoters too, not only or rarely Clear Channel.

Clear channel is deep in the tour business not only as promoter, but also as owner of many local arenas. There must be some connection, and that's the way, and airplay controll, they can effect stars and even more not starts.

This business is stinks...Shania is so big, she can have enough airplay to promote even without Clear Channel, but think about someone who is not in Shania's status....

Jud
01-15-2005, 09:08 PM
And the sad thing is, you won'tsee any journa;list, specially not from Bashville to ask the hard questions....

cbspock
01-15-2005, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by Jud
It worth to check, but I think during the second leg of Shania's NA tour, they used other promoters too, not only or rarely Clear Channel.

Clear channel is deep in the tour business not only as promoter, but also as owner of many local arenas. There must be some connection, and that's the way, and airplay controll, they can effect stars and even more not starts.

This business is stinks...Shania is so big, she can have enough airplay to promote even without Clear Channel, but think about someone who is not in Shania's status....

That is the sad part. They can lock out anyone they want, and control what gets listened to.

-Chris

Jud
01-15-2005, 09:22 PM
BTW, I have a list of all Clear Channel owned country stations, so if someoone wnts to check them out from time-to-tie I can forward it. I won't have the time to do it.

sas
01-15-2005, 09:23 PM
Note: A few small/mid market Clear Channel stations have added "Don't!", which doesn't mean much yet (an "add" doesn't mean meaningful spins or support). Large markets are needed. Clear Channel "corporate" intentionally refused to support PFT or any recent Shania single. This unacceptably close to "blacklist" behavior must be addressed now so Shania's "Don't!" single is played on musical merit and audience demand at all stations.

-shania.com

-Chris

Because they are BIGOTED ********:eek: ... This started happening about 3 years ago here on WTQR which always wins large market station of the year from CMA's.. Need I say More...BILL DOTSON hates Shania so much that he takes every opportunity to slam her ... Ask Sheri she got an e-mail from him after making a request ....He has made numerous libelous statements and out right lies about Shania... we have called him on some but others have made it out....I wish I were a lawyer I'd have his behine in a sling for sure... for someone to hate another so much is totally beyone me but anyway the owners must pass this down or it would not happen...

Jud
01-15-2005, 10:08 PM
Sas, I would tape him, collect all what he said, and sending to Mercury...

And maybe can find a journalist with some integrity and guts and hand over....

Generally those kind of people are so small (not in actual height), they just abuse the power which given them through a microfon...

windcatcher
01-15-2005, 10:28 PM
I was searching up Clear Channel and came across this site:

http://www.clearchannelsucks.org

I was never too familiar with all the talk that was going on about Clear Channel. This site is very informative.

sas
01-15-2005, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by Jud
Sas, I would tape him, collect all what he said, and sending to Mercury...

And maybe can find a journalist with some integrity and guts and hand over....

Generally those kind of people are so small (not in actual height), they just abuse the power which given them through a microfon...
Before I turned off the station permanetly I gave that some thought but did not think it would do any good... After the infamous "MONKEY ON THE ARM TO THE CMA'S" remark we ( all of you on this board who thankfully responded to my post) made a difference because the very last time I ever listened to the station was the next day... THEY APPOLOGIZED ON THE AIR FOR THE REMARK" .. so we did effect a change for that moment....

MAYBE WE CAN AGAIN SOMEHOW...

sas
01-15-2005, 10:42 PM
The worst part of my story is Bill Dotson IS AND I THINK STILL IS THE PROGRAM DIRECTOR!!!!! multiply him by 100's maybe 1,000 of Clear Channel PD's yikes..... :(

windcatcher
01-15-2005, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by sas
The worst part of my story is Bill Dotson IS AND I THINK STILL IS THE PROGRAM DIRECTOR!!!!! multiply him by 100's maybe 1,000 of Clear Channel PD's yikes..... :(

Yup, he still is. I checked out that station you posted earlier.

Makes me angry...

cbspock
01-15-2005, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by windcatcher
I was searching up Clear Channel and came across this site:

http://www.clearchannelsucks.org

I was never too familiar with all the talk that was going on about Clear Channel. This site is very informative.

It is a pretty one sided site, I don't know how totally accurate it is going to be.

-Chris

Jud
01-15-2005, 10:48 PM
Still, I think its very important to let them know, they can't say anything and go by...
That's the worst. They must know, where is theri power and actually their job is ending...

If they won't play Shania anyway, then why not let them know, what people are thinking about.
The problem is, generally people simple switch, and these kind of guys keep dong their harm.

Even open letters to newspapers with exact quotes (when and what show it was said) and the prove it was wrong or flat out nasty - can hurt a radio station.
So maybe they won't play Shania anymore (which perhaps they are doing anyway) but some people will start to think....

I am sure there are some organization or something playing "watch-dog" for even that.Or checking radio ethics whatever. We just have to find them.
Even they have weak points, and their reputation can be hurt.

Of course I am not saying "crusider" or anything dramatic like that, but till there is not enough reaction, nothing will change.

cbspock
01-15-2005, 11:01 PM
Well, the NY DA has launched a payola investigation.

-Chris

Jud
01-15-2005, 11:04 PM
that's not much, and it will reach nothing.

It many time was issued, and nothing changed...

And I not really talked about payola only. But also Djs and PDs behaviour, the way they are insulting artists, people, listeners...that is not their job.

cbspock
01-15-2005, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by Jud
that's not much, and it will reach nothing.

It many time was issued, and nothing changed...

And I not really talked about payola only. But also Djs and PDs behaviour, the way they are insulting artists, people, listeners...that is not their job.

That's true. I think as XM and Sirius radio make inroads, we might get to see Broadcast radio start to crumble.

-Chris

Jud
01-16-2005, 01:08 AM
They already feel the heat, and started out a campaign:http://pulsemusic.proboards12.com/index.cgi?board=news&action=display&num=1105654057

cbspock
01-16-2005, 01:23 AM
Originally posted by Jud
They already feel the heat, and started out a campaign:http://pulsemusic.proboards12.com/index.cgi?board=news&action=display&num=1105654057

Want to see a bunch of Shania fans jump ship, or at least try it out. All she would have to do is something like she did for Direct TV. Seems Music is not going to learn the lessons from the Movie industry. All this fighting is not going to stop it. Music does not seem to embrace the latest technology easily. Soon labels will be useless as they currently are structured.

-Chris

imonmywayup
01-16-2005, 08:56 AM
3AM
PRE-PLAY
D!>>#43 with 282 spins, +236 plays, with 1.910 million listeners.

The song seems stuck right outside the top 40; probably because not all the stations have the single available for airplay and not all stations have yet added Don't!

NOTE: Tuesday is the official release date that Don't! goes to radio. This doesn't mean that every station will have received the single BUT start requesting big time. Let's get this one to number 1!!!!

Comments? Suggestions? Let's get it going!

corran
01-16-2005, 09:00 AM

-shania.com

-Chris

Chris

That is also why WMZQ, Washington DC station, refuses to play Shania's Twain's Don't They are also a clear channel station...Clear Channel executives have close ties to George W. Bush...There was a long article posted in the Rolling Stones magazine noting the perverse influence of Clear Channel stations...The article is titled "Clear Channel, Inside Music's Superpower"...I have the complete article on it...The only way that Shania is ever gonna get played on these stations is if she has an overwhelming hit song that these stations can't refuse to ignore...WMZQ has played PF2 in the past because it became an ovewhelming hit...You just have to keep requesting and show them you are interested in listening to the song...But let me tell you they dragged their heals on playing PF2 also...They just did not want to play that song...The same is true of Don't... I aught to know I have requested the song many times and they say it is not on their playlist...Which means they refuse to put it there...

corran
01-16-2005, 09:10 AM
That's true. I think as XM and Sirius radio make inroads, we might get to see Broadcast radio start to crumble.

-Chris

I agree Chris...That is inevitable...The internet and satellite, stations will rule music because there will be more freedom of choice rather than it being ruled by money and politics which are nearly synomous now a days...It is also a reason why Clear Channel was forced to play PF2 or be left out of the main stream of listeners...

Benjamin :)

cbspock
01-16-2005, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by imonmywayup
3AM
PRE-PLAY
D!>>#43 with 282 spins, +236 plays, with 1.910 million listeners.

The song seems stuck right outside the top 40; probably because not all the stations have the single available for airplay and not all stations have yet added Don't!

NOTE: Tuesday is the official release date that Don't! goes to radio. This doesn't mean that every station will have received the single BUT start requesting big time. Let's get this one to number 1!!!!

Comments? Suggestions? Let's get it going!

The only way it is getting the #1 spot on the chart, is if UMGN pays for it. We might get to #5, Mercury has to take it from there. I have become very cynical when it comes to radio.

-Chris

imonmywayup
01-16-2005, 10:00 AM
Possibly true, but FAFA made it to #4 obviously without Mercury's help and IMO Don't! has a much more powerful message that will touch a lot more people. Being a soundtrack on the movie should also help.

cbspock
01-16-2005, 10:50 AM
Possibly true, but FAFA made it to #4 obviously without Mercury's help and IMO Don't! has a much more powerful message that will touch a lot more people. Being a soundtrack on the movie should also help.

I think it will do better on AC, than on Country Music. If it goes into the top 3 in Country it will be shear luck.

-Chris

imonmywayup
01-17-2005, 07:53 AM
3AM
D!>>#39 with 325 spins, +272 plays, with 2.248 million listeners.

Ok, start asking your local DJ's if they have & can play Shania's newest single Don't! This is an excellent start for the first week on the charts. Let's keep it going! REQUEST!!

FV
01-17-2005, 12:46 PM
Started requesting..NOW!! :BL Will do the stations I hear online first...:D

sas
01-17-2005, 06:47 PM
I was surprised to hear it today on WZBB FM in Martinsville VA.... 99.9 country ... they were one of the first to play PFT as well

windcatcher
01-17-2005, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by sas
I was surprised to hear it today on WZBB FM in Martinsville VA.... 99.9 country ... they were one of the first to play PFT as well

That's great to hear! :)

Everybody request at that station. LOL :BL

http://www.wzbbfm.com/musicform.htm

corran
01-17-2005, 08:18 PM
Gal darn done Requestin at WZBB...Thanks for the link...

sas
01-17-2005, 08:56 PM
THANK YOU :) .... WILL KEEP YOU POSTED

ojibiwanqueenst
01-18-2005, 07:45 AM
3am
D!>>#38 with 347 spins, +268 plays, with 2.445 million listeners. 72/116 stations playing.

imonmywayup
01-18-2005, 07:51 AM
Newly added markets:

KILT-FM Houston
KHKI-FM Des Moines
WSM-FM Nashville
KYKR-FM Beaumont
KFKF-FM Kansas City
KTOM-FM Monterey/Salinas
WQHK-FM Fort Wayne
KUAD-FM Ft. Collins
KWNR-FM Las Vegas
KQFC-FM Boise
WNKT-FM Charleston
KIXZ-FM Spokane
WGGY-FM Wilkes-Barre
WWGR-FM Ft. Myers
WUSN-FM Chicago
WPOC-FM Baltimore
WBBS-FM Syracuse
KZSN-FM Wichita
WKML-FM Fayetteville, NC

Continue requesting at these regions:

KBUL-FM Reno
KILT-FM Houston
KNCI-FM Sacramento
WCTK-FM Providence
KATM-FM Stockton
KHKI-FM Des Moines
WSM-FM Nashville
KRST-FM Albuquerque
WPUR-FM Atlantic City
WKLB-FM Boston
KSKS-FM Fresno
KYKR-FM Beaumont
WDAF-FM Kansas City
KSOP-FM Salt Lake City
WKHX-FM Atlanta
KFKF-FM Kansas City
KIZN-FM Boise
KTOM-FM Monterey/Salinas
WPCV-FM Lakeland

portacoino
01-18-2005, 08:03 AM
my friends say that shania needs to be played on ac radio stations to get a good position on hot 100.

they are specialist in that charts,every week they look this spins and everthing related with charts.

ojibiwanqueenst
01-18-2005, 03:40 PM
Yes your right. The Hot 100 is a chart that combines ALL airplay. So it needs success on country and AC, at the same time.

imonmywayup
01-18-2005, 04:55 PM
12 Noon
D!>>#40 with 347 spins, +268 plays, with 2.445 million listeners. 72/116 stations playing.

Not sure why it fell to # 40 because it has higher # of listeners than #'s 35, 37, 38, & 39.

REQUEST!!

cbspock
01-18-2005, 06:48 PM
Okay, how is this chart calculated now???? I am so sick of radio.

-Chris

ojibiwanqueenst
01-18-2005, 07:04 PM
Okay, how is this chart calculated now???? I am so sick of radio.

-Chris

Spins, Bullet, Audience, Weight.

cbspock
01-18-2005, 07:05 PM
Spins, Bullet, Audience, Weight.

You forgot Money...lol hehe hehe

-Chris

jen
01-18-2005, 07:08 PM
Yeah exactly and by the new rule Shania should be above all of them....weird! Either way keep requesting, I called one of my local stations and they still don't have the song, but I am trying cuz I AIN't NO QUITTER!

LET's GO!

GonnaGetcha720
01-18-2005, 07:20 PM
This is my prediction of this week's Billboard Country Singles Chart. It is based on last weeks chart positions and this week's audience impressions.

(LW) TW....ARTIST...SONG....AUDIENCE (MILL.)

(01)-01-DARRYL WORLEY Awful, Beautiful Lif...-40.698
(05)-02-KEITH URBAN You're My Better Hal...-37.079
(04)-03-RASCAL FLATTS Bless The Broken Roa...-37.068
(02)-04-BLAKE SHELTON Some Beach-36.799
(06)-05-GRETCHEN WILSON When I Think Ab...-36.594
(07)-06-BRAD PAISLEY Mud On The Tires-36.489
(03)-07-TIM MCGRAW Back When-34.474
(08)-08-LEANN RIMES Nothin' 'Bout Love M...-30.221
(09)-09-ALAN JACKSON Monday Morning Churc...-28.980
(12)-10-REBA MCENTIRE He Gets That From Me-26.623
(16)-11-JOSH GRACIN Nothin' To Lose-25.449
(10)-12-GARY ALLAN Nothing On But The R...-25.176
(18)-13-BILLY DEAN Let Them Be Little-21.001
(19)-14-LEE ANN WOMACK I May Hate Myself In...-20.749
(14)-15-LONESTAR Mr. Mom-25.392
(17)-16-BIG & RICH Holy Water-20.279
(11)-17-DIERKS BENTLEY How Am I Doin'-17.581
(15)-18-SHANIA TWAIN Party For Two-15.873
(20)-19-SUGARLAND Baby Girl-19.742
(13)-20-KENNY CHESNEY The Woman With You-18.937
(??)-21-CRAIG MORGAN That's What I Love A...-18.659
(??)-22-MONTGOMERY GENTRY Gone-17.691
(??)-23-BROOKS & DUNN It's Getting Better ...-16.784
(??)-24-ANDY GRIGGS If Heaven-16.732
(??)-25-PAT GREEN Don't Break My Heart...-13.635
(??)-26-JAMIE O'NEAL Trying To Find Atlan...-13.465
(??)-27-KENNY CHESNEY Anything But Mine-13.066
(??)-28-JO DEE MESSINA My Give A Damn's ...-10.841
(??)-29-JOE NICHOLS What's A Guy Gotta D... -10.743
(??)-30-PHIL VASSAR In A Real Love-15.792
(??)-31-TOBY KEITH Mockingbird (f/Kryst...-9.532
(??)-32-MARTINA MCBRIDE God's Will-9.512
(??)-33-BLAINE LARSEN How Do You Get That ...-8.387
(??)-34-TRACE ADKINS Songs About Me-8.126
(??)-35-TERRI CLARK I Think The World Ne...-7.703
(??)-36-MIRANDA LAMBERT Me And Charlie Talki...-7.593
(??)-37-PHIL VASSAR I'll Take That As A ...-6.348
(??)-38-JEFF BATES Long, Slow Kisses-6.274
(??)-39-AMY DALLEY I Would Cry-6.021
(??)-40-JOE NICHOLS If Nobody Believed I...-5.792
(??)-41-CHELY WRIGHT Bumper of My S.U.V.-5.229
(??)-42-MARK CHESNUTT I'm A Saint-4.316
(??)-43-LONESTAR Class Reunion-3.544
(--)-44-SHANIA TWAIN Don't!-2.445
(??)-45-SARA EVANS Tonight 385 362 23 2.387

NOTE: This is just a prediction of the top 45!

In other words: this is my very own country singles chart!

imonmywayup
01-19-2005, 09:07 AM
3AM
D!>>#40 with 347 spins, +268 plays, with 2.445 million listeners.

Hmmm, no movement since yesterday, we need to get D! rolling! REQUEST at your local stations!!!!

jen
01-19-2005, 11:57 AM
................they updated the chart it seems. LET's KEEP IT GOING, that position should change soon with a push! If your local station is not playing it please request it! IT SEEMS SHANIA LOST STATIONS ALREADY............5 of them as they now have her showing 68 stations!!!!!

LET's GO!

imonmywayup
01-19-2005, 12:01 PM
5AM
D!>>#38 with 345 spins, +226 plays, with 2.452 million listeners.

GonnaGetcha720
01-19-2005, 08:18 PM
Shania debuts at #40 on R&R!

Jud
01-19-2005, 11:18 PM
12 Noon
D!>>#40 with 347 spins, +268 plays, with 2.445 million listeners. 72/116 stations playing.

REQUEST!!

Right now it played by 68 stations.

ojibiwanqueenst
01-20-2005, 07:51 AM
More stations must have dropped it. The song tumbled this morning, and the starter/leaders list is extremely decreased.

3am
D!>>#40 with 297 spins, +68 plays, with 2.490 million listeners.

sas
01-20-2005, 07:58 AM
:mad: :mad: :mad:

this get VERY old.... MASTER PLAN NEEDED BADLY.... OR-- HERE IS AN IDEA --MAYBE MERCURY "OWEN" CAN START WORKING FOR THE ARTIST WHO PAYS HIS SALARY.... :eek: along with radio requests can we flood mercury nashville with e-mails...

cbspock
01-20-2005, 08:02 AM
Originally posted by sas

this get VERY old.... MASTER PLAN NEEDED BADLY.... OR-- HERE IS AN IDEA --MAYBE MERCURY "OWEN" CAN START WORKING FOR THE ARTIST WHO PAYS HIS SALARY.... :eek: along with radio requests can we flood mercury nashville with e-mails...

His email is on the board in the double diamond thread. Maybe he needs to call Shania first for advice. :rolleyes:

I guess he thinks he can kick back now that he got his promotion.

-Chris

jen
01-20-2005, 09:24 AM
COME ON!!!! THIS IS BS!!!! We have to get people to start requesting at all stations again! I know some people are scared from what happened Chely Wright.....but unfortunately it seems this is what it takes for stations to give Shania fair treatment!

I say we go full force again and see what happens:confused:

jen
01-20-2005, 11:03 AM
I think we should start posting on this thread that says "Request at radio" instead http://www.shania-twain.org/mb/showthread.php?s=&postid=173023#post173023 Since all the stations are already posted....let's do it again!!! REQUEST!

cbspock
01-20-2005, 11:39 PM
Don't.............NEW ENTRY at #44
This is Billboards "HOT SHOT DEBUT" as it was the highest ranked newcomer to the charts.

KEEP REQUESTING!!!! We can't let this one get tanked by the losers in Nashville!!!

-Chris

Jud
01-21-2005, 12:29 AM
Interestingly, about the same time of its release, Forever AND For Always too lost stations, more than 10, but it did not lost spins.

( http://www.shania-twain.org/mb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=8880&perpage=30&highlight=fafa&pagenumber=2 )

It debuted at #45 on RadioandRecords chart. Had about the same amount of spins, like D! yesterday (over 300) but had 4m in audience impressions.
But since than the charts were changed, and different stations are monitored now, than back than.

And it happened to PF2 too, after the 8th day it dropped spins from 630 to 586 and lost over a million audience impressions.
And lately these charts are really behave strange...

Jud
01-21-2005, 07:14 AM
01/21/05, 3.24am

D! >> #38 with 331 spins, +77 plays and 2.784 aud. impressions.

sas
01-21-2005, 08:34 AM
still only being heard on one station in my area WZBB FM 99.9.... I agree much like FAFA and PFT so we have to keep hitting them hard with request....:) This song is too beautiful to get the cold shoulder...

cbspock
01-21-2005, 07:13 PM
Lonestar's Newest song "Class Reunion" was released to radio on the SAME DAY as "Don't!"

Lonestar's song has 200 more spins than Shania's "Don't!" song!!!!!!!

Trace Adkins - AND some new artist named Miranda Lambert are gaining More spins at Country radio than Shania!

Luke must be spending the money with this.....
Julie Roberts' New song was MINUS in the spin area a couple of days ago.

Now, Julie's new song is +104.

...and Terri's New song "I Think The World Needs A Drink" is at # 28 and is at + 151 in spins.

Ironic, Terri singing a drinking song :rolleyes:

-Chris

Jud
01-22-2005, 07:55 AM
01/22/2005, 3.13am

D! >> #38 with 357 spins, +77 plays and 2.906 audience impressions.

Jud
01-23-2005, 10:49 AM
01/23/2005, 3.18 am

D! >> #38 with 394 spins, +93 plays and 3.167 aud.imp.

jen
01-23-2005, 07:16 PM
.........the latest UPDATE shows "DON't" #38 with 411spins, +110plays, and 3.331 million listeners. The song should move up 2 positions by beginning of next week, but we need more stations to play it per day to increase plays.

If your station is not playing it, email the program/music director as they are the ones to decide the songs.

When requesting, even if you request any Shania song, it still helps!

ojibiwanqueenst
01-24-2005, 07:46 AM
3am
D!>>#36 with 448 spins, +123 plays, with 3.626 million listeners, 59/116 stations playing.

jen
01-24-2005, 09:56 AM
3am
D!>>#36 with 448 spins, +123 plays, with 3.626 million listeners, 59/116 stations playing.

Ok now what the heck, that 59 stations are playing the song when at first it was up to 72.............***!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hate these stations!!!

COME ON EVERYONE, let's get these stations to add back that song! The only way to the top os by all 116 stations to play the song, so if your station is not playing the song request it. If you need help with a station please post and let us know.

(ehm, ehm)

FV
01-24-2005, 10:05 AM
And we need to request before the St. Valentine mood starts kicking in, because I do not think many people will request that song at that point..so request now!!:BL :D

jen
01-24-2005, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by FV
And we need to request before the St. Valentine mood starts kicking in, because I do not think many people will request that song at that point..so request now!!:BL :D

I agree, unless of course Shania performs the song on the Grammys.

ojibiwanqueenst
01-24-2005, 08:32 PM
Here's the biggest piece to the puzzle. I called WIL tonite, a large market, to ask if they had Shania's new single. Here's the reply I got:

Mercury told large markets to hold off on D! because PFT is still selling records. The DJ told me that they are getting alot of response to them not playing it, but the label wants to wait for PFT to completely disappear, a longevity ordeal. So WIL won't start playing it until Mercury tells them too. He says that's the same with most large markets.

So, try to hold off on some large markets unless they are already playing D!. The small/medium markets are allowed to play it, so we need to request there.

But according to the DJ, they have been getting quite some response to the new song, but they just can't play it. That's a good sign though.

GonnaGetcha720
01-24-2005, 08:41 PM
Here's the biggest piece to the puzzle. I called WIL tonite, a large market, to ask if they had Shania's new single. Here's the reply I got:

Mercury told large markets to hold off on D! because PFT is still selling records. The DJ told me that they are getting alot of response to them not playing it, but the label wants to wait for PFT to completely disappear, a longevity ordeal. So WIL won't start playing it until Mercury tells them too. He says that's the same with most large markets.

So, try to hold off on some large markets unless they are already playing D!. The small/medium markets are allowed to play it, so we need to request there.

But according to the DJ, they have been getting quite some response to the new song, but they just can't play it. That's a good sign though.

Personally, I don't see why Mercury would do that...

PFT has already fallen out of the top 20 at Billboard...The sooner that "Don't" reaches the top 20, top 10, and hopefully top 5 the better.

sas
01-24-2005, 08:46 PM
Exactly see my post in the other thread... it make absolutely no sence.......

cbspock
01-24-2005, 08:46 PM
Don't post the same thing in two threads, you will drive us nuts trying to keep track of it.

-Chris

cbspock
01-24-2005, 08:47 PM
Continue the discussion here...

http://www.shania-twain.org/mb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=16662#newpost

-Chris

ojibiwanqueenst
01-25-2005, 07:48 AM
3AM
D!>>#36 with 476, +129, with 3.792 million listeners. 60/116.

Some small markets must have pushed plays. It gained 50 plays and only almost 200,000 listeners.

jen
01-25-2005, 07:20 PM
3AM
D!>>#36 with 476, +129, with 3.792 million listeners. 60/116.

Some small markets must have pushed plays. It gained 50 plays and only almost 200,000 listeners. It was probably help from Large Markets also because from what I see 8 large station markets are currently playing the song or have just added.

BTW, Sirrius sattelite has also added the song so request at the links:)

GonnaGetcha720
01-25-2005, 08:06 PM
My Billboard Chart Predictions for this week:

(03) 01 BRAD PAISLEY Mud on the Tires-39.989
(04) 02 RASCAL FLATTS Bless The Broken Roa... -39.941
(02) 03 KEITH URBAN You're My Better Hal... -39.269
(01) 04 DARRYL WORLEY Awful, Beautiful Lif...-37.207
(05) 05 GRETCHEN WILSON When I Think Abo..-36.346
(08) 06 LEANN RIMES Nothin' 'Bout Love M... -30.127
(09) 07 ALAN JACKSON Monday Morning Churc...-29.336
(06) 08 BLAKE SHELTON Some Beach-33.993
(11) 09 JOSH GRACIN Nothin' To Lose-27.665
(07) 10 TIM MCGRAW Back When-30.904
(10) 11 REBA MCENTIRE He Gets That...-26.245
(16) 12 BILLY DEAN Let Them Be Little-23.200
(17) 13 SUGARLAND Baby Girl-21.881
(14) 14 LEE ANN WOMACK I May Hate Myself In...-21.094
(12) 15 GARY ALLAN Nothing On But The R...-24.833
(13) 16 LONESTAR Mr. Mom-22.755
(18) 17 CRAIG MORGAN That's What I Love A...-21.040
(15) 18 BIG & RICH Holy Water-19.410
(19) 19 MONTGOMERY GENTRY Gone-20.356
(---) 20 BROOKS & DUNN It's Getting Better ...-20.002
(20) 21 ANDY GRIGGS If Heaven-17.266
(---) 22 KENNY CHESNEY Anything But Mine-16.097
(---) 23 JO DEE MESSINA My Give A Damn's Bus...-14.335
(---) 24 JAMIE O'NEAL Trying To Find Atlan...-14.202
(---) 25 PAT GREEN Don't Break My Heart...-12.855
(---) 26 JOE NICHOLS What's A Guy Gotta D...-11.801
(---) 27 MARTINA MCBRIDE God's Will-10.770
(---) 28 DIERKS BENTLEY How Am I Doin'-16.157
(---) 29 TRACE ADKINS Songs About Me-8.864
(---) 30 BLAINE LARSEN How Do You Get That...-8.543
(---) 31 KENNY CHESNEY The Woman With You-14.549
(---) 32 TERRI CLARK I Think The World Ne...-8.484
(---) 33 MIRANDA LAMBERT Me And Charlie Talki...-7.955
(---) 34 PHIL VASSAR I'll Take That As A ...-7.398
(---) 35 JEFF BATES Long, Slow Kisses-6.520
(22) 36 SHANIA TWAIN Party For Two-10.647
(---) 37 TOBY KEITH Mockingbird-6.265
(---) 38 AMY DALLEY I Would Cry-6.218
(---) 39 LONESTAR Class Reunion-5.183
(---) 40 CHELY WRIGHT Bumper of My S.U.V.-4.839
(---) 41 MARK CHESNUTT I'm A Saint-4.462
(44) 42 SHANIA TWAIN Don't!-3.799
(---) 43 BLUE COUNTY Nothin' But Cowboy B...-3.223
(---) 44 KEITH ANDERSON Pickin' Wild Flowers-2.533
(---) 45 ALISON KRAUSS Restless-2.484

This is just my prediction of this week's Billboard Country Singles Chart. It is based on last weeks chart positions and this week's audience impressions.

Here is my prediction for Shania around the charts:

"Party For Two"

AC: From #17 to #18
All Genre: From #81 to #90

"Don't"

I think a bigger move is in store for Shania this coming week. As previously reported, Mercury Nashville has not yet given the "GREEN LIGHT" to the Top 25 Markets to play "Don't." I am pretty sure that once they do the single will move at a faster pace and pick up more Audience Impression.

"Greatest Hits"

All Genre: From #3 to #14
Internet: From #9 to #15

Sales fall 41% this week due to NO promotion. Once the video and single for "Don't" get played more on radio and video channels expect sales to pick up a bit (but not a whole lot.) The next boost in sales will come from Valentine's Day Sales and Grammy Sales.

NOTE: All of the figures in this post are strictly predictions. In other words...it's like my very own Billboard chart.

Jud
01-25-2005, 08:09 PM
Hopefully some songs will go recurrent and D! will got higher.

GonnaGetcha720
01-25-2005, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by Jud
Hopefully some songs will go recurrent and D! will got higher.

The only songs with the chance of going recurrent soon are:

Kenny-The Woman With You
Shania-Party For Two

BTW, I was really unpleasantly suprised by the strength of "Mockingbird" by Toby Keith. I am very suprised that the song will barely crack the top 30 for a peak position....oh well.

jen
01-25-2005, 10:12 PM
HERE are the 8 that have been playing or added recently so far: If any of these are in your local area or time zone please help request.

(WUSN Chicago,IL) INTERNET STREAMED for AOL users
REQUESTS: (312)591-8799

lisadent@us99mail.com (10am-3pm)
bill@us99mail.com (3pm-7pm)
wildbill@us99mail.com (7pm-midnite)
MikeMyers@us99mail.com (midnite-5am)

(WFMS Indianapolis, IN) INTERNET STREAMED/EASY REQUEST
REQUESTS:

http://www.wfms.com/onair/djs/vmurphy/cafe.asp

....also u can vote for TOP 10 and shape the countdown if u join to rate the music! I would suggest doing so as "Don't" will be rated.....anyone can do it since it is INTERNET STREAMED. JOIN HERE: http://www.wfms.com/RadioWeb/Profile/LoginUserName.asp

(WKHX Atlanta,GA) EASY REQUEST
REQUESTS: 404-741-1015

http://www.wkhx.com/sendanequest.asp

bill.celler@abc.com (10am-3pm)
cadillac.jack@abc.com (3pm-7pm)
wylierose@kicks1015.com (7pm-midnite)*top 8@8

(KEEY Saint Paul,MN) EASY REQUEST
REQUESTS: 651-989-K102

http://www.k102.com/carrtunes.html

travismoon@clearchannel.com (9am-11am)
cshaffer@clearchannel.com (11am-3pm)
chriscarr@clearchannel.com (3pm-7pm)
awest@k102.com (7pm-midnite)
maryjmckay@clearchannel.com (midnite-5am)

(KILT Houston,TX)
REQUESTS: (713) 390-KILT

RowdyYates@kilt.com (3pm-7pm)
TomFontaine@kilt.com (7pm-midnite)
BruceWilliamson@kilt.com (midnite-5am)

(KATM Modesto/Stockton,CA)
REQUESTS: 1 (800) 499-5103

Bubba@katm.com (1pm-3pm)

(WOGI Washington County/Ohio Valley/Wheeling,PA)

FROGGY 103 Studio Lines:
1-800-874-1035
or *1035(FREE Alltel Cell Phone)

(KSKS Fresno/Clovis/Chowchilla/Tulare,CA)
REQUESTS: 1-800-767-5477

http://www.ksks.com/djs/garabo.shtml (6am-10am)
http://www.ksks.com/djs/greglane.shtml (10am-3pm) *lunch requests @ noon
http://www.ksks.com/djs/steve.shtml (3pm-7pm)
http://www.ksks.com/djs/jason.shtml (7pm-midnite)

ojibiwanqueenst
01-26-2005, 07:37 AM
3AM
D!>>#34 with 533 spins, +187 plays, with 4.178 million listeners. 66/116 stations playing.

corran
01-26-2005, 01:07 PM
Liittle additional info Ojibwanqueenst put out by Tonyj50 from CMT messageboard...

tonyj50

11:00 AM
RE: Mediabase update:

Wednesday update:
This is the best day yet for Don't.

Compared to yesterday:
Chart....From 36 to 34 (Best Yet)
Spins....From 476 to 533 (Best Yet)
Aud imp..From 3.792 to 4.178 (Best Yet)
Station Playing...From 60 to 66 (of 116)

Compared to 7 days ago:
Chart....From 38 to 34
Spins....From 346 ro 533
Aud Imp..From 2.452 to 4.178
Stations...From 59 to 66

Was #44 in Billboard last week should jump of nicely tonight. (though some of this big jump on mediabase came after the billboard sunday night cutoff, which means a big jump next week also).

S

sas
01-26-2005, 05:39 PM
I just heard Don't again on WZBB FM 99.9 Martinsville VA.... and still not saying who is singing the song... it was immediately followed by REDNECK WOMAN!... Interesting..... Anyway the only station I am hearing it on in my area....

ojibiwanqueenst
01-27-2005, 07:54 AM
3AM
D!>>#34 with 572 spins, +274 plays, with 4.379 million listeners. 68/117 stations

They upped the anny, now 117 stations playing. Great spin jump, but audience didn't improve as much as we would like. That must mean small markets are spinning hard, a good thing. I think Mercury has already started their plan of initiating large markets at different times. Look for your station(s) to be the next to start playing.

ojibiwanqueenst
01-28-2005, 07:47 AM
3AM
D!>>#33 with 609 spins +276 plays, with 4.613 million listeners. 72/117 stations playing.

jen
01-28-2005, 09:30 AM
3AM
D!>>#33 with 609 spins +276 plays, with 4.613 million listeners. 72/117 stations playing.

KEEP REQUESTING, "Don't" should move up 2 spots very soon & be in the TOP 30!! I noticed that alot of little stations are the ones playing the song, with only 12 LARGE STATIONS playing.

Looking at the chart it seems that Mercury's plan may work if they make a move now! ALOT of little stations are playing the song with only 12 LARGE STATIONS playing. The song will be in the TOP 30 by time Mercury makes their move.....wich could bullet the song up the charts.:)

......but MERCURY better stop wasting time and get those LARGE STATIONS to add!! Toby Keiths new song "Honky Tonk U" is already catching up.

cbspock
01-28-2005, 10:23 AM
Toby is gonna ride up the charts I bet.

-Chris

Jud
01-28-2005, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by jen

......but MERCURY better stop wasting time and get those LARGE STATIONS to add!! Toby Keiths new song "Honky Tonk U" is already catching up.

Well, Mercury's head, Luke Lewis is the head of Universal Nashville, the parent label of Keith too....

imonmywayup
01-29-2005, 07:06 AM
3AM
D!>>#33 with 614 spins, +229 plays, with 4.772 million listeners.

Jud
01-29-2005, 08:53 PM
In the morning it was played by 73 stations, now only by 70.

On the other hand, Keith's new song already added to 79 stations.

cbspock
01-29-2005, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by Jud
In the morning it was played by 73 stations, now only by 70.

On the other hand, Keith's new song already added to 79 stations.

Well Toby is now paying tribute to one of the trads, that is why.

-Chris

jen
01-29-2005, 09:06 PM
yep, once again Mercury is messing up!!! I see stations already minus in plays, it is crazy! If large stations are already playing Toby why do they hold off on Shania??? Mercury should use the same tactics w/ all their artists.

imonmywayup
01-30-2005, 09:17 AM
3AM
D!>>#32 with 653 spins, +242 plays, with 4.991 million listeners.

Jud
01-30-2005, 11:55 AM
It's played by 72 stations now, out of 117.

BTW, congrats toAlison Krauss and The Union Station having a top 40 hit (#39) after almost 10 years. Her last single (not collaborations) getting into the top 40 and peaked at #3 (not long before AMOM hit #1) was "When You Say Nothing At All in 1995.

cbspock
01-30-2005, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by jen
yep, once again Mercury is messing up!!! I see stations already minus in plays, it is crazy! If large stations are already playing Toby why do they hold off on Shania??? Mercury should use the same tactics w/ all their artists.

Toby and Shania are under the same UMGN group, so I bet there is some funky things going on. Considering there is also that new Terri Clark single.

-Chris

Jud
01-30-2005, 12:02 PM
And new Julie Roberts single.

And perhaps Keith's and Clark's single will be pushed more by the label, because they are lead singles of ther next studio album, coming out this spring.

corran
01-31-2005, 12:18 AM
Here is another media update from Tonj50 from CMT all...

tonyj50

12:03 PM
RE: Mediabase update:

Sunday update:
The news for Don't keeps getting better.

As compared to 7 days ago:
Chart....from 37 to 32
Spins....from 411 to 653
aud imp..from 3.167 to 4.991

As compared to yesterday:
Chart....from 33 to 32
Spins....from 614 to 653
aud imp..from 4.772 to 4991

This is really doing good. It is up 242 spins for the week. The new Toby Keith song is the only new song that is doing better. Look for Toby to pass don't sometime in the next few days but that is just a minor setback. Don't will be passing more songs very shortly. Also look for a nice jump in Billboard on wednesday as it went 44-37 last week and should move up another 5 places or so this week.

imonmywayup
01-31-2005, 08:57 AM
3AM
D!>>#33 with 717 spins, +269 plays, with 5.547 million listeners. 76/117 stations.

imonmywayup
02-01-2005, 07:55 AM
3AM
D!>>#33 with 749 spins, +271 plays, with 5.774 million listeners. 76/117 stations.

jen
02-01-2005, 10:04 AM
Let's go! It is ridiculous what MERCURY is doing, they are not helping this song at all!! It is already losing spins on some major stations..........PLEASE HELP REQUEST:

LARGE STATION(-5 plays)
(KSKS Fresno/Clovis/Chowchilla/Tulare,CA)
REQUESTS: 1-800-767-5477

http://www.ksks.com/djs/garabo.shtml (6am-10am)
http://www.ksks.com/djs/greglane.shtml (10am-3pm) *lunch requests @ noon
http://www.ksks.com/djs/steve.shtml (3pm-7pm)
http://www.ksks.com/djs/jason.shtml (7pm-midnite)

(-2)REQUEST HERE(VH1 COUNTRY):*post messages on message board to request*
http://www.vh1.com/interact/boards/main.jhtml/vh1_country/ThreadList?offset=0

(-3)(NOT EVEN ON COUNTDOWN!)CMT:(you have to request by posting on the message board...post on all SHANIA posts and add new messages)
http://www.cmt.com/shows/dyn/top_twenty_countdown/message_board.jhtml

(-2)(KBUL Carson City,NV)EASY REQUEST
REQUESTS: (775) 793-1098

http://www.kbul.com/requestasong.asp ...for workplace just pick a common place: Albertson's, or student, stay at home mom, etc

ilovemorningsonthebull@kbul.com (5:30-10am)
chuck.reeves@citcomm.com (10am-3pm)
jj.christy@citcomm.com (3pm-7pm)
scott.harjo@citcomm.com (7pm-midnite)
emilie.davenport@citcomm.com (midnite-5:30 am)

These stations have been dropping plays now for the last couple of days and it is hard because all of these stations are also the leaders in plays......so please help out in the areas that y ou can.

Also, if your local station is still not playing "DON'T" please help request the song or email the program director. If you need help with a station just post it.

ojibiwanqueenst
02-01-2005, 10:24 AM
Weird that CMT is dropping plays. I watched yesterday for 5 hours and saw it 3 times. hmmm, but their playlist flucuates a LOT so I wouldn't worry about it.

Jud
02-01-2005, 01:14 PM
guys, we can't freak out everytime one station or two drops a bit the song.
The truths is, each stations has their own airplay, and sometime, stations playing alot a song when its start out, droping it a bit because other singles, and when the single get into th top 20 or something, picking it up once again.

The same with CMT and VH1. The at first playing in high rotation, they fitting it int their general playlist.

We need to request the songs, that's all we can do, because without big stations airplay, it will be hard to move it too much.
we have to hope, Mercury won't screw this up totally.

corran
02-01-2005, 10:02 PM
I am getting reports that Shania's Don't is #1 at CMT Canada on the Big 12...

Benjamin:D

ojibiwanqueenst
02-02-2005, 07:39 AM
3AM
D!>>#33 with 767 spins, +223 plays, with 5.990 million listeners. 79/117 stations.

cbspock
02-02-2005, 09:00 AM
CMT is still playing PFT I saw it this morning. :D

-Chris

ojibiwanqueenst
02-03-2005, 07:39 AM
3AM
D!>>#32 with 793 spins, +222 plays, with 6.232 milllion listeners. 81/117 stations playing.

jen
02-03-2005, 09:24 AM
Still only 13 LARGE STATIONS out of 25 playing the song....but the good news is that "DON'T" is gaining more plays than some of the songs in front of her that have more stations playing them.

HERE is the most recent LARGE STATION to add, so if you are from the area, please help request:

(WYCD Detroit,MI)
REQUESTS: (313) 298-1999

mscott2@cbs.com (10am-3pm)
jyl@wycd.com (7pm-midnite)

Jud
02-04-2005, 07:19 AM
02/04/2005, 3.28am

D! #32 with 792 spins, +181 plays and 6.247 audience impressions. played by 80 stations.

Jud
02-04-2005, 07:48 AM
It's still not played by 1/3 of the stations, just to compare, Keith's single is already picked up by 100 stations.

I hope won't happen, that the stations now playing hard the song will move to other new singles, while other stations are waiting for a word from Mercury....:rolleyes:

jen
02-04-2005, 02:10 PM
WOW, this is crazy what MERCURY is doing!!! Once again they are letting a good song go to waste. We can only do so much, if Mercury is not going to get the LARGE Stations to add, the song is basically dead!

FV
02-04-2005, 05:01 PM
Any info about when the movie is coming out? I have heard nothing about it...:confused: maybe they are waiting for the movie promotion to start?:rolleyes:

Jud
02-04-2005, 09:24 PM
That can be a long wait, as the movie is mentioned everywhere as no release date yet.

Jud
02-05-2005, 06:42 AM
02/05/05, 3.24am

D! #32 with 807 spins, +185 plays and 6.207 audience impressions. Played by 80 stations.

Since McGraw's single is right behind, don't except D! to gain, till it won't get ahead. It already has a better audience impression (of course the big stations, what else:rolleyes: ), and an around +500 play. But it also picked up already by 84 stations.

But since I think at least 1-2 songs will go recurrent by this week's end, Shania's single will go a bit forward. Also, a couple of more singles peaked and will slowly spinning out from the top 10.

Don't! give up, keep reqesting, and hope Mercury did not screwed this up.

ojibiwanqueenst
02-06-2005, 08:08 AM
3AM
D1>>#32 with 837 spins, +157 plays, with 6.528 million listeners. 84/116 stations playing.

cbspock
02-06-2005, 09:08 PM
Found this on the CMT board....

KZLA- out of touch

I just checked the ratings for this station and their share is a miniscule 1.8 and they are in 22nd place.
This tells me they are out of touch with mainstream listeners.

WHere I live, south-central PA. WIOV-FM Lancaster's number one country station is the number one radio station with a 10+ share.

And they are playing Don't!

It is really the big market country stations that are out of toucg. That is why country radio cannot compete in urban areas.

corran
02-06-2005, 09:23 PM

KZLA- out of touch

I just checked the ratings for this station and their share is a miniscule 1.8 and they are in 22nd place.

WHere I live, south-central PA. WIOV-FM Lancaster's number one country station is the number one radio station with a 10+ share.

It is really the big market country stations that are out of toucg. That is why country radio cannot compete in urban areas.

Yes I saw that same post...That is all so true unfortunately...Shania is not carrying most of the big stations that matter...I blame a lot of this on Mercury's promotion department...But some of it could be Country radio policy which is very visibly descriminating against Shania at this time...But you already know this Chris... I would hope that Shania's fans could overcome the inertia being generated by radio in general...Right now is not a good time for Shania because of the Superbowl, but I suspect activity could pick up after the game...

Jud
02-06-2005, 10:27 PM

KZLA- out of touch

But in the end of the day, they are who can make or break a hit.
KZLA is known for their strange airplay and radio-lists, but without higy play by them, or the Dallas station is hard to get top 3, and the #1 is almost impossible.

cbspock
02-06-2005, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by Jud
But in the end of the day, they are who can make or break a hit.
KZLA is known for their strange airplay and radio-lists, but without higy play by them, or the Dallas station is hard to get top 3, and the #1 is almost impossible.

KZLA has a tiny audience share. The NY/LI stations had bigger shares then KZLA does.

-Chris

Jud
02-06-2005, 10:39 PM
So what? They aren't country stations....
And they aren't play Don't!, do they?

LA is the second biggest market, and while KZLA's share seems to be low, but it's copming witha huge audience because of the popultion.

Jud
02-06-2005, 10:41 PM
Seems today mediabase dropped one station, and the maximum is 116 agauin.

Jud
02-07-2005, 01:59 AM
Last update for the week, 2/6/05, 9.03pm

D! #30 with 851 spins, +171 plays and 6.642 audience impressions.

Don't give up the requesting, FAFA took 9 weeks to get into the top 20, and it reached #4.

ojibiwanqueenst
02-07-2005, 07:41 AM
3AM
D!>>#29 with 926 spins, +207 plays, with 7.486 million listeners. 100/117 stations playing.

WAHOO!!!! Now there's some progress!! :BL :BL

sas
02-07-2005, 07:46 AM
Yes very nice indeed... thanks for the update... remember to help me get it to #1 tonight on the star 9 at 9 www.949starcountry.com

we are taking baby steps but getting there slowly but surely...:)

jen
02-07-2005, 11:40 AM
100 station playing the song out of 117 is good news! Interesting thing is that the ones not playing are the LARGEST STATIONS.

Also it is reported that "It only Hurts when I'm breathing" is being shown that 38 stations are playing it again. Maybe this is because people are requesting "DON't" but since they don't have it yet.....radio stations opt for another song.

FV
02-07-2005, 02:09 PM
3AM
D!>>#29 with 926 spins, +207 plays, with 7.486 million listeners. 100/117 stations playing.

WAHOO!!!! Now there's some progress!! :BL :BL
Let's keep working on this...:BL

corran
02-07-2005, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by FV
Let's keep working on this...:BL

Wow look at the number of stations playing Shania's Don't song...It has risen dramatically...Wonder what brought that on...Guess we must be really pressin on their buttons...

ojibiwanqueenst
02-08-2005, 07:53 AM
D!>>#30 with 945 spins, +196 plays, with 7.613 million listeners. 101/116 stations playing.

Passed because she should have been. Lonestar should have been #29 yesterday. It's another one of those "why do they do that" situations, but D! is where it should be by the numbers and still is increasing on all fronts. Keep Requesting!

jen
02-08-2005, 09:03 AM
Another LARGE STATION, wpoc has added recently so if you are from that area or in the same time zone, help keep this important station playing the song:

(WPOC Baltimore,MD)
REQUESTS: 410-481-WPOC

bdelmont@wpoc.com (9am-2pm)
michaelj@wpoc.com (2pm-7pm)

ojibiwanqueenst
02-09-2005, 07:35 AM
3AM
D!>>#30 with 982 spins, +215 plays, with 7.658 million listeners. 105/116 stations playing.

jen
02-09-2005, 11:13 AM
EXCELLENT, finally more LARGE STATIONS have added.......4 0f them to be exact!!!

HERE ARE THE LARGE STATIONS THAT ADDED, so if you are from the area or in same time zone, please help request:

(WXTU Philadelphia,PA) INTERNET STREAMED
REQUESTS: (PA) 215-263-6700 or (NJ) 856-964-4300

leigh@925xtu.com (10am-3pm)
cadillac@925xtu.com (3pm-7pm)
kris@925xtu.com (7pm-midnite)

(WGAR Cleveland,OH) INTERNET STREAMED

wgaratworklunch@wgar.com (9am-2pm)
chuckcollier@wgar.com (2pm-7pm)
megstevens@wgar.com (7pm-midnite) ...u can vote for hot 9@9 if u sign up here: http://wgar.listenernetwork.com/register.asp

(WMZQ Washington,DC)
REQUESTS: 1-800-505-0098

jimlondon@wmzq.com (10am-3pm)
sethwarner@wmzq.com (3pm-7pm)
paulayoung@wmzq.com (7pm-midnite)

(WDSY Butler/Mt. Pleasant/Pittsburgh,PA)

EMAIL DJ's..........u don't have to put phone #
(10am-3pm) http://y108.com/cgi-bin/admin/csNews/csNews.cgi?database=Tracey%20Morgan%2edb&command=viewone&id=6

(3pm-7pm) http://y108.com/cgi-bin/admin/csNews/csNews.cgi?database=Stoney%2edb&command=viewone&id=3&op=t&ct=d

(7pm-midnite) http://y108.com/cgi-bin/admin/csNews/csNews.cgi?database=Toni%20Burke%2edb&command=viewone&id=3

Jud
02-10-2005, 01:11 AM
Watch out, because wmzq often have polls or competitions between songs, people in that area have to be active, and track down, when they will put up "Don't!" on a poll or contest.

ojibiwanqueenst
02-10-2005, 07:44 AM
3AM
D!>>#30 with 985 spins, +192 plays, with 7.628 million listeners. 105/116 stations playing.

GonnaGetcha720
02-10-2005, 04:49 PM
We have to watch out now....Martina's song is now starting to bubble under....Terri's started about a week ago, but has regained miner momentum....this looks like a cursed part of the charts for females right now.....

Today Don't lost some aud. imp. and only gained 3 spins...lets get these numbers higher.

ojibiwanqueenst
02-11-2005, 07:50 AM
3AM
D!>>#30 with 1006 spins, +215 plays, with 7.674 million listeners. 105/116 stations playing.

Jud
02-12-2005, 08:19 AM

3AM
D!>>#30 with 1024 spins, +209 plays, with 7.755 million listeners. 107/116 stations.

Jud
02-12-2005, 11:14 PM
The charts are very slow and very static.

Inside the top 30 there are only 3 songs withpout a bullet, Wilson's which is heavily spinning out (-1000) and two others with less than -20.
No wonder, that it makes a song 20 weeks to get \close or into the top 10.

Which makes it really hard to any new artist to break in through radio. And they thought in radio buziness, that cutting the Mediabase stations' number will help. It just became slower and slower...

cbspock
02-12-2005, 11:16 PM
Originally posted by Jud
The charts are very slow and very static.

Inside the top 30 there are only 3 songs withpout a bullet, Wilson's which is heavily spinning out (-1000) and two others with less than -20.
No wonder, that it makes a song 20 weeks to get \close or into the top 10.

Which makes it really hard to any new artist to break in through radio. And they thought in radio buziness, that cutting the Mediabase stations' number will help. It just became slower and slower...

Which means that labels have to spend more money to get singles played.

-Chris

imonmywayup
02-13-2005, 08:15 AM
3AM
D!>>#30 with 1024 spins, +173 plays, with 7.733 million listeners. 107/116 stations.

GonnaGetcha720
02-13-2005, 08:24 PM
What I'm mad at is that Toby Keith's "Honky Tonk U" is already #19 and it was released after Shania's. Also, I think that it's time for Gretchen Wilson's "When I Think About Cheating" to go recurrent. It is losing 1000+ spins and has fallen 10 spaces in the last week. "Don't!" seems to be slowing down...come on Shania fans...we can't let this happen! Look for Shania and Lonestar to pass Phil Vassar soon...his song has about 100 less than Shania's and Lonestars and has a lot smaller of a bullet. The only think Phil has that Twain and Lonestar don't is a higher aud. imp. Be sure to request at the top 25 markets. We need to move Shania on Billboard which now uses Aud. Imp. for their charts. We need to get this thing into the top 20 already...I know that it will be a struggle, especially with no promotion from Shania and Mercury (besides the video) but we've done it before...we can do it again!

sas
02-13-2005, 08:36 PM
I'm trying my very best... Its seems like an uphill battle ... BUT AS YOU STATED WE HAVE DONE THIS BEFORE AND CAN DO IT AGAIN... LETS GO!.....

cbspock
02-13-2005, 08:42 PM
Remember to vote for the video too!!!

-Chris

GonnaGetcha720
02-13-2005, 09:31 PM
6 pm update:

Shania's Aud. Imp. continues to slide negatively. She's lost about 6 spins today and her bullet is decreasing. What's up? But the good news is...I think all of the songs are doing this Terri's song is down to a bullet of 6 spins. What is wrong with the charts.

Jud
02-13-2005, 09:36 PM
It's weekend with Countdowns, and the Grammys and Valentine day.

sas
02-13-2005, 09:37 PM
So what's the game plan... just keep requesting... we need to bump up the request links...

ojibiwanqueenst
02-13-2005, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by sas
So what's the game plan... just keep requesting... we need to bump up the request links...

We have no plan, except get all those stations playing. And then we will set up a plan.

Jud
02-13-2005, 10:02 PM
Like what plan other than requesting?

And since Mercury already had a "plan" seems even requesting won't help much.

cbspock
02-13-2005, 10:14 PM
Why are the charts all locked?

-Chris

ojibiwanqueenst
02-13-2005, 10:22 PM
Why are the charts all locked?

-Chris

They aren't locked just slow. Radio is playing more recurrents and golds causing the current songs to move alot slower.

Jud
02-13-2005, 10:43 PM
slow is an understatement....

In the Top 30 songs you have 3 with negative bullett, and except Wilson's the other two tomorrow can be at +100.
The charts are strange to say the least.

Jud
02-14-2005, 01:24 AM
Last update of the week, 9.11pm

D! #29 with 1020 spins, +169 plays and 7.644 aduience impressions.
Wen't up one position only because Wilson's single went recurrent. It lost more audience impressions.

Jud
02-14-2005, 07:20 AM
3.am

D! >>#29 with 1048 spins, +119 plays, 7.669 audience impressions. It was dropped by 3 stations, currently played by 104/116 only.

mercury's plan seems to working...:rolleyes:

ojibiwanqueenst
02-14-2005, 07:46 AM
Chicago (WUSN) has dropped a few plays over the weekend and lost over 100k listeners. The starter list also shrunk, but that's because they moved the stations playing for over a week onto the leaders list.

FV
02-14-2005, 09:03 PM
I am on to it!! :D Going to request immediately...:SN

GonnaGetcha720
02-14-2005, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by Jud
3.am

D! >>#29 with 1048 spins, +119 plays, 7.669 audience impressions. It was dropped by 3 stations, currently played by 104/116 only.

mercury's plan seems to working...:rolleyes:

I hope that these slowing numbers are just the affects of Valentines Day. I really hope that the charts return to their normal state after V. Day.

Also Shania fans, Shania is in a good position to pass Phil Vassar's new song which currently has less spins than Don't and a smaller bullet. However, we need to be cautious of Dierks Bentley's new single. It has a bigger bullet and bigger audience impressions, but is still about 200+ behind Don't in spins.

Make sure everybody requests at the top 25 markets...we need a boost in aud. imp. big time! BTW, Good job Shania fans...as many of us have said, everytime Shania releases a single it is an uphill battle with country radio...and now with hardly any promotion and a failed plan from Mercury it will be any harder....keep up the good work....lets make those DJ's wish they had never been born!

ojibiwanqueenst
02-15-2005, 07:53 AM
#29 with 1052 spins, +106 plays, with 7.662 million listeners. 104/116 stations playing.

Must be a lull time. Every single has one, we oughta know that by now.

jen
02-15-2005, 01:38 PM
SERIOUSLY you guys, "DON'T" could be in the top 25 soon, it is very close.....but we need a strong push!!! Still only 104 out of 116 stations playing the song. If your station is not playing the song please call up and request it!!!

"DON'T" is very close to TOP 25 take a look, Shania is ahead of the songs in front with spins and plays but we need more stations to play it so the audience #'s can go up!

27 26 PHIL VASSAR I'll Take That As A ... 1013 950 63 9.167
25 27 TERRI CLARK The World Needs A Dr... 1080 1116 -36 8.894
29 28 LONESTAR Class Reunion (That ... 1041 1000 41 8.128
30 29 SHANIA TWAIN Don't! 1052 946 106 7.662
33 30 DIERKS BENTLEY Lot Of Leavin' Left ... 894 744 150 7.864

Jud
02-15-2005, 01:42 PM
The problem is, that the audience impressions of D! are very low comparing. And that's what count in Billboard, and has a big weight on Mediabase too.

PF2 had the same problem, which mainly came from big stations not playing enough the song.

SSA316
02-15-2005, 02:14 PM
Something needs to be done about KZLA.....
They are a huge station and people have emailed them about Don't but they just won't seem to add it to their playlist regardless of their "well see what we can do" replies!

They already tested Don't! on their "Tuesday test drive" show and everyone who called in liked the song so what is their DAMN problem?! :confused:
I suggest we all email this guy (he takes votes for the KZLA top 20 countdown) to try and get him to add Don't!

shawn@kzla.com

Also vote for Don't" here using the 'other' box!

http://www.kzla.com/mag_7at7/index.aspx

WIL92 (http://www.wil92.com/)is another large station that...to my knowledge...are yet to play Don't!
They had no trouble playing PF2 so I don't know what their problem is either! :rolleyes:
Someone apparently called into their station and they said that they can't play the song yet because Mercury told large markets to hold off playing Don't! until PF2 is finished.....sounds more like to me that Mercury are simply trying to bury Shania's career! :mad:

GonnaGetcha720
02-15-2005, 05:34 PM
Well fans, in the midst of all of this bad news...there is a light at the end of the tunnel... two more stations added today increasing the number of stations playing Don't to 106/116 from yesterday's 104/116. This could possible affect the aud. imp. this week!

corran
02-15-2005, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by SSA316
Something needs to be done about KZLA.....
They are a huge station and people have emailed them about Don't but they just won't seem to add it to their playlist regardless of their "well see what we can do" replies!

They already tested Don't! on their "Tuesday test drive" show and everyone who called in liked the song so what is their DAMN problem?! :confused:
I suggest we all email this guy (he takes votes for the KZLA top 20 countdown) to try and get him to add Don't!

shawn@kzla.com

Also vote for Don't" here using the 'other' box!

http://www.kzla.com/mag_7at7/index.aspx

WIL92 (http://www.wil92.com/)is another large station that...to my knowledge...are yet to play Don't!
They had no trouble playing PF2 so I don't know what their problem is either! :rolleyes:
Someone apparently called into their station and they said that they can't play the song yet because Mercury told large markets to hold off playing Don't! until PF2 is finished.....sounds more like to me that Mercury are simply trying to bury Shania's career! :mad:

Voted and emailed Shawn of KZLA to play Shania's Don't...Really hope he decides to play the song...He must be getting terrific pressure to play the song from all the posts I am seeing on CMT alone...

Jud
02-15-2005, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by GonnaGetcha720
Well fans, in the midst of all of this bad news...there is a light at the end of the tunnel... two more stations added today increasing the number of stations playing Don't to 106/116 from yesterday's 104/116. This could possible affect the aud. imp. this week!

The song played by 104 stations only.

GonnaGetcha720
02-15-2005, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by Jud
The song played by 104 stations only.

oh, sorry guys...i was reading the bullet number which is 106 today...but you are correct...the number of stations is still at 104.

ojibiwanqueenst
02-16-2005, 07:34 AM
3AM
D!>>#28 with 1068 spins, +85 plays, with 7.816 million listeners. 104/116 stations playing.

GonnaGetcha720
02-16-2005, 04:35 PM
3AM
D!>>#28 with 1068 spins, +85 plays, with 7.816 million listeners. 104/116 stations playing.

Finally after a VERY slow week, we some some improvement. Keep requesting fans...it works...I think what we saw was the stall because radio stations were playing a lot of heavily grammy nominated songs and also were playing Valetine's requests and things...glad its all over....it seems the holidays mess us up quite a bunch. Christmas stalled Party For Two. Well, it looks like there is a long time before a air-wave-affecting holiday...which is good news...IT CAN ONLY GO UP! FROM HERE!

Jud
02-17-2005, 10:08 AM
17/2/05, 3.28am

#28 with 1075 spins +90 plays and 7.824 audience impressions.
verysmall improvement, same 104 stations.
I have a feeling this may not speed up till some industry favorists run over (Bentley and Wilson)

jen
02-17-2005, 01:51 PM
KEEP REQUESTING!!

I requested at my local stations yesterdaY AND ASKED THEM TO PLAY "don't" and he said it was coming up, well get this they played "PARTY FOR TWO" instead.....but I have a feeling that any Shania song that is played counts toward "DON'T".

So, request any Shania song, and let's see what happens, because I am sure that all of those spins per station are not how many times that "DON'T" was played. Of course, also request "DON't" too!!

I also think that the dj's get tired of hearing the same requests......LET's GO!

Do any of you feel or know if this is how it works?

ojibiwanqueenst
02-17-2005, 03:42 PM
I wish it worked that way Jen. No, requesting other songs won't help D! climb the chart.

WUSN-FM Chicago Country 22 23 -1 6 1 4 4 7 0.626

This week, WUSN played Don't 22 times, that's -1 play from last week and over the week the song was heard by 626,000 people. That's how the charts are set up: cummulative for the week.

jen
02-17-2005, 06:44 PM
I wish it worked that way Jen. No, requesting other songs won't help D! climb the chart.

WUSN-FM Chicago Country 22 23 -1 6 1 4 4 7 0.626

This week, WUSN played Don't 22 times, that's -1 play from last week and over the week the song was heard by 626,000 people. That's how the charts are set up: cummulative for the week.

I know what you are saying DERRICK but here is what it has for my local station:

KSKS-FM Fresno Country 21 19 2 7 2 4 4 4 0.121 Now I actually listen to my station and there is NO WAY that they play "DON'T" 21 times during the week! I barely hear it about twice a day, but they do play other Shania songs that I believe add up to their total.

I mean, I know we have to keep requesting "DON'T" but at the same time I think them playing other Shania songs also helps?

ojibiwanqueenst
02-17-2005, 07:06 PM
There are a lot of OVN plays (12am-5am), and quite a few morning/midday plays. (12am-7pm). Maybe you just aren't hearing it..:p

jen
02-17-2005, 08:11 PM
There are a lot of OVN plays (12am-5am), and quite a few morning/midday plays. (12am-7pm). Maybe you just aren't hearing it..:p HAHA ok, then MONDAY is a day off for me, just for Shania I will listen to the radio all day and night(MAYBE!LOL) & count how many times "DON't" is actually played. I usually do not get home weekdays until 10pm so I am usually up at midnight and still nothing.....but we will see:)

Jud
02-18-2005, 07:37 AM
18/02/2005, 4.12am

D!>> #28 with 1110 spins, +102 plays and 7.845 audience impressions. Still 104 stations only.

The problem keeps being the not added stations and the very low audience impressions. It almost did not changed despite the grow in spins...

ojibiwanqueenst
02-18-2005, 07:43 AM
Yep, maybe we will see some growth in audience this weekend...

FV
02-18-2005, 11:06 AM
I am seeing the video often again on CMT..:D if it will be among the finalists for the CMT Awards..then maybe this will also push it on the radio..:)

Jud
02-19-2005, 03:49 AM
Actually found a chart where Don't! is doing great!

On Netmusiccountdown its (drumm-rolls) #1!

http://www.netmusiccountdown.com/

imonmywayup
02-19-2005, 06:54 AM
3AM
D!>>#28 with 1111 spins, +103 plays, with 7.851 million listeners. 104/116 stations.

Jud
02-19-2005, 07:04 AM
I thin you've posted the second update from yesterday (thought it can be the same as for today).
but my chart link still shows 18/02/05, 1.00 pm?

Jud
02-19-2005, 07:19 AM
oh well, it would have been better if your numbers stay:

19/02/05, 4.12am

D! >> #28 with 1080 spins (drop of 30), +45 plays and 7.908 audience impressions (strangely despite the spin drop here is a milimeter gain) :rolleyes:

Jud
02-19-2005, 09:04 AM
DON'T! give up hope yet, some interesting parallels with the run of FAFA, thought FAFA had much more spins at that time, but generally had more spins.

Days Don't! FAFA
40 1052 2465
41 1068 2491
42 1110 2446
43 1080 2478
44 - 2431
45 - 2510
46 - 2517

after it FAFA took off toward the to 5, than doesn't mean it did not had some lowdays.
So request the song like crazy, even if right now it doesn't look too promising.
And DON"T! forget, high chart position is a nice thing (and statistics) but its mainly promotion for the GH.
And if a song doesn't chart high, it says not much about the quality of it (and its very true about the country charts)

jen
02-19-2005, 05:52 PM
(THANKS TO SHANIA4LIFE for EMAILING) THIS IS A RESPONSE FROM KZLA

Thanks for your e-mail regarding the KZLA top 20 countdown, and Shania Twain. Let me try and answer your question.
KZLA has no bias against Shania Twain. Quite the opposite. We have more Shania Twain titles in our active library than any other artist. We play Shania almost every hour.
We only feature songs on the KZLA Top 20 that we are currently playing. You're right, we're not playing Shania's current song
"Don't." In the past 2 years we've played ALL of Shania's new releases right out of the box, into our most played category on KZLA.
We also conduct ongoing music research on every current song we play. During the past 18 months, not one of her records has performed well in music research. Nor have any of these songs generated strong phone response. Usually, songs are added to KZLA in a slow, or light rotation and are gradually played more based on phones and music testing. In Shania's case, we've actually had to slow down her songs because they haven't performed well. This is frustrating to us, because we know she's an international superstar. At the same time, we have a policy of only playing songs in heavy rotation that our listeners say are their favorites. Shania's music in the last 18 months has not earned her the heavy play other songs receive. That's why we decided to wait and see with this particular record. According to the latest Radio & records airplay chart, "Don't" currently sits at #29 5 weeks after her release. In the past, a Shania record would be comfortably in the top 20 or top 15 after only 5 weeks. Last week, it moved one slot from #30 to #29. To put this in perspective, Toby Keith and Tim McGraw's current songs are #18 and #23 respectively after just 3 weeks of release.
There are 116 reporting stations on the R&R panel. 83 are playing "Don't." KZLA is one of 33 radio stations not playing this song. We don't see career momentum, nor do we see a national consensus with this single.
...there's really no bias here, I want to assure you of that. What we're doing with this song is fundamentally correct. This format needs big, hit songs from superstar artists. We wish this singe was performing much better. Until it does, we'll continue playing the great Shania songs on KZLA that have been successful in the past.
I hope this reply is helpful. Thanks again for taking the time to write.

jen
02-19-2005, 05:58 PM
ALSO..............Rate Shania at KZLA.com!

http://www.kzla.com/

On that front page, there's a survey you can take. I don't think it's a good idea to link directly to the survey page, so just click on the thing they have on the front page.

After a few questions, they ask you about different artists and you can rate them.

So go on and take it! When asked for zip code, use 91505 or one close to that number.

Jud
02-19-2005, 07:28 PM
Unfortunatelly the song is still loosing spins? Are you request? I don't think the fans doing enough for this!

3.31pm

D! >> 28 with 1071 spins, 32 plays and 7.860 audience impresions. It won't stay long at 28, perhaps will surpassed by Bentley's song if it won't start to gan again.

GonnaGetcha720
02-19-2005, 10:15 PM
This looks like "Home Ain't Where the Heart Is." Shania's TWIM single. It stalled at #28. Just like "Don't!", it was a great song, but then just bubbled out.

However:

Many female atrists have recently had trouble in this section of the charts:

"God's Will" by Martina McBride was in negative spins just a week ago at No. 22. Now it has a bullet of 175 spins.

"Trying to Find Atlantis" by Jamie O'Neal was also in negative spins just last week at No. 18.

"The World Needs a Drink" by Terri Clark bubbled out at No. 25 and has dropped this week to No. 30.

Also, Shania fans....I think we all know that Shania Twain is NOT a radio artist. A 'radio artist' is somebody that has hit after hit after hit on radio but has minimal record sales. That is not Shania. Shania really doesn't use radio as much as others to promote her sales. Although, if country radio would support Shania as a whole her sales would probably be EVEN higher!!!

I am not really worried yet about "Don't!" However, if it doesn't make a gain by Monday or Tuesday, thinks won't be looking to good. It seems that once 104 stations were playing "Don't!" the rest just said "the heck with it" and threw it out. Could this be another wonderful example of Mercury Nashville's genious gone wrong! I think so!:rolleyes:

Nonetheless, I think that when and if "Don't!" is over at country radio it will live long on AC. I think that if by next week "Don't" has a bullet of -100 or more, then Mercury should give the green light to ALL OF THE STATIONS to play "I Ain't No Quitter."

BTW, has anybody heard about the JLO movie release which "Don't" is supposed to be featured in. That could also play a minor roll in the success of this single.

GonnaGetcha720
02-19-2005, 10:26 PM
Does anyone have the list of the stations that aren't playing "Don't!" or the stations that are reluctantly playing "Don't!." I'll try to post them around the internet and get other fans on board to storm these stations with requests!

Jud
02-19-2005, 10:39 PM
Actually the situation is different than it looks. If anyone read that e-mail from KZLA, the truth is this:

The 116 stations we are seeing on Mediabase (104/116) is not the same as the panel of stations RadioandRecords uses. On that panel Don't was added only by 83/116.
And we do't know what about the panel Billboard uses (not the same as Mediabase)

And there are only two charts counting in country radio:
Radioandrecords (more inside industry)
Billboard (the most known one by general public)

sas
02-20-2005, 08:02 AM
The bottom line IMO is this is just WRONG that a few swelled jealous heads drive the music industry on Music Row... That they are able to strike with such force is what is just so hard to believe... and so unfair.. I really do not think we have dropped the ball we've been requesting our hearts out .. If the word did indeed come down from Mercury in the beginning to hold play... then it was already over before it even got started... :(

Jud
02-20-2005, 08:03 AM
20/02/05, 4.46am

D! >> #28 with 1080 spins, +58 plays and 8.031 audience impressions.

A very little spin gain, but a relatively nice audience gain (well considering it's Shania).

Jud
02-20-2005, 08:06 AM
Originally posted by sas
The bottom line IMO is this is just WRONG that a few swelled jealous heads drive the music industry on Music Row... That they are able to strike with such force is what is just so hard to believe... and so unfair.. (

The history of Music Row from its beginning...if it would not be this way, country music would be in a very different place.
They are the personification of Harper Valley PTA.

sas
02-20-2005, 08:09 AM
:) good one!

jen
02-20-2005, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by GonnaGetcha720
Does anyone have the list of the stations that aren't playing "Don't!" or the stations that are reluctantly playing "Don't!." I'll try to post them around the internet and get other fans on board to storm these stations with requests! I have been trying to keep track & will try and post the stations that are not playing the song tonight.

Since tomorrow is a holiday for most people, maybe we should put together a requesting spree.

GonnaGetcha720
02-20-2005, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by jen
I have been trying to keep track & will try and post the stations that are not playing the song tonight.

Since tomorrow is a holiday for most people, maybe we should put together a requesting spree.

Good Idea....;)

"Don't!" is too good of a song to stall out before it even reaches top 20 status!

sas
02-20-2005, 01:20 PM
Where do we go to view the playlists of the large market stations?.. I would venture a guess that one of my stations WTQR will not have it on their list - or if they do will be playing reluctantly...

cbspock
02-20-2005, 05:41 PM
Some how PDs, and the pinheads at the labels who run promotion need to lose their power.

Hopefully as high speed internet spreads, artists will ditch the labels enmasse.

-Chris

GonnaGetcha720
02-20-2005, 06:21 PM
Good News

"Don't!" gained another spin and 100,000 audience at the noon update! :)

imonmywayup
02-21-2005, 09:03 AM
5AM
D!>>#28 with 1143 spins, +95 plays, with 8.695 million listeners. 104/116 stations?.