PDA

View Full Version : Alternative Shania?

Steve F
10-17-2000, 11:48 AM
Last night I was helping my son-in-law install some ceiling fans in their new home. There was a carpenter there building the new oak staircase from the living room to the upstairs bedrooms. He was a young guy and he had this weird radio station on. I must've been working for at least an hour before I recognized a Paula Cole song. About another 20 minutes went by. He was sawing and all of a sudden when he stopped, I was awe struck as from the radio was coming the familiar words: "Don't be Stupid, You know I Love You"! I had to listen for a few seconds to make sure it wasn't some kind of a trick, but it was Shania. I asked him if he liked the song. He said he'd heard it before and that he knew who she is but that was it. So I guess he is not a fan. After that it was all alternative stuff again. I guess, because I honestly didn't recognize most of the music although some it wasn't that bad.
I just thought it was a weird thing that right in the middle of this, and I am a pretty good judge of what type of music I'm listening to, is Shania's DBS. Does that mean she is now part of the alternative scene? When she was constantly on the charts last year, I newver found any of her music on the Alternative Charts. Don't know. Just strange!

------------------
Man, I Feel Like A Shania Fan

Steve