PDA

View Full Version : How old was Shania??

ShaniaFanForever
11-05-2000, 01:29 AM
I was just wondering, how old was Shania when her parents were killed. I thought she was 22 but then alot of things say she was 21. How can that be when they died in November? I mean she would of had her b/day in August which meant she turned 22. It really confuses me. Anyway, got to go and do some more study http://www.shania-twain.org/messages/frown.gif I hate it.

Shania's Fan Forever
xxoo

tides24
11-05-2000, 02:19 AM
Shania was 22. The VH-1 Behind the Music special got it right, but for some reason, most everyone else gets it wrong. Not sure why.

Roger
11-05-2000, 10:47 AM
This question has puzzled me too. The math is so simple it makes you wonder how anyone could get it wrong. Mind you, Shania herself has done nothing to correct this common error. I watched an interview with her once (don't remember which one) and the interviewer mentioned that she lost her parents when she was just 21, then he went on to ask a question about that experience. Shania just nodded in assent when he raised her tender age and didn't stop to correct him. Maybe she didn't want to appear pedantic or trying to appear even more vulnerable.

Roger

Wing
11-09-2000, 09:34 PM
Shania said she was 21 herself. If any of you got the video tape CMT Super Showcase Sunday (1996), you can hear it yourself.

On the morning show Shania sang "All I want for Christmas is you" (on December 1998) the 21 years old topic came up again, Shania did not deny it either, but she added it was 11 years ago. She was 33 then.

Most people tend to use their memory instead of doing the math when asked when something has happened. And memory could be wrong especially she became 22 only a little more than 2 months earlier. She might thought she was still 21.

By the way, the country I came from (Hong Kong, China) almost every lady over 30 either lies about their age or refuse to answer the question. We like Shania not because her math or memory is good.

[This message has been edited by Wing (edited 11-09-2000).]

ShaniaFanForever
11-10-2000, 12:19 AM
That has helped a bit, thanks. http://www.shania-twain.org/messages/smile.gif

Shania's Fan Forever
xxoo