PDA

View Full Version : Timmins Has Most Perfect Xmas Weather

Roger
12-20-2001, 09:20 AM
According to an article in the Ottawa Citizen, not reproduced online, Environment Canada has revealed that the best place in Canada to experience a perfectly snowy Christmas Day is Timmins. Just having a white Christmas is not good enough. The perfect Christmas must have a blanket of snow at least 2cm thick, plus at least 1cm of snow actually falling on Dec. 25. Timmins boasts this perfect weather on 56% of Christmases in the past half century, plus an average December snowfall of 72cm and an average December temperature of -14 degrees.

Here are some quotes:

David Phillips, Canada's most famous weatherman: "If I was working with the Timmins tourist bureau, I would pump this for all you've got. It may be the ony thing climate-wise that they've go going for them."

Timmins Mayor Jamie Lim: "I have to tell you, Timmins on Christmas Day is exactly what we all think Christmas should be. You have to love winter though."

Roger

FV
12-20-2001, 11:02 AM
I would add that having a perfect xmas day also means to have Shania in Timmins skiing with you on the slopes.. :D..and how about a very special Xmas concert? ;)

cbspock
12-20-2001, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by FV:
<STRONG>I would add that having a perfect xmas day also means to have Shania in Timmins skiing with you on the slopes.. :D..and how about a very special Xmas concert? ;)</STRONG>

LOL@FV!!!
-Chris

Bryce
12-20-2001, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by FV:
<STRONG>I would add that having a perfect xmas day also means to have Shania in Timmins skiing with you on the slopes.. :D..and how about a very special Xmas concert? ;)</STRONG>

I'm there. But that better be an indoor concert. LOL :eek:

Bryce

cbspock
12-23-2001, 05:38 PM
Well, they mentioned this story on the radio station today here in NY. The DJ mentioned it after one of Shania's songs was on the radio.

-Chris

[ 12-23-2001: Message edited by: cbspock ]