PDA

View Full Version : SHANIA PREGNANT IT'S OFFICIAL!!

corinna
03-22-2001, 05:07 PM
Just waned to let Shania fans know she IS, indeed PREGNANT with her first child!! Official confirmation came this afternoon from Samantha Johnson...her publicist at Universal Music. Shania's currently at her home in Geneva, Switzerland. It is not known how far along her pregnancy is, and the record company is offering no further comment.
Timmins Mayor Jamie Lim has offered her congratulations to Twain and her husband. She says City Hall was abuzz with excitement when they heard the news this afternoon. City Clerk Jack Watson says it was something Twain had been hoping for for a long time...and he is very happy for her. It looks like Twain won't be attending the opening ceremonies for the multi- million dollar "Shania Twain Centre" this July first...Watson says she's probably not in any condition to travel. Watson says the opening date has been changed from July 1ST (Canada Day)...to June 30TH at 11:00 am...however, celebrations will continue all weekend long. We just interviewed these people this afternoon...this is the most trustworthy info. you're gonna get.

Corinna Wrona
News Anchor
MCTV Timmins

Roger
03-22-2001, 05:26 PM
Oh boy! Now the opening will be on the 30th. Couldn't be worse for me. That's the day I have to be in Toronto. Hmm, if Shania won't be there and I can't make the opening, I'll have to rethink going to Timmins at all.

Roger

FV
03-22-2001, 09:44 PM
Thanks so much Corinna for the news! http://www.shania-twain.org/messages/smile.gif

------------------
Cheers,
FV

NiaBrat
03-23-2001, 04:32 AM
this is found on the excite news extra.. the news was also on Entertainment Tonight. word from Mercury Nashville is that Shania is about 4 1/2 months along. looks like it'sa time to pass out the cigars, we're gonna be aunties and uncles!!! when i saw it was official, i began to cry b/cuz i know how much Shania wants children. she is going to be a great mama. all the congratulations in theworld Shania, we love you and will protect you and that baby with out lives!!! SHANIA FAN FOREVER!! kelly aka NiaBrat

"(Reuters) - Canadian superstar Shania Twain, whose sexy image and blend of Nashville and pop has delivered massive cross-over success for the singer, is expecting her first child, a spokeswoman said on Thursday.
The Grammy Award-winning Twain, 35, is one of the best-selling female singers in history, with combined worldwide album sales of about 50 million.

"Yes, Shania and her husband are expecting their first child," said Samantha Johnson, Twain's spokeswoman at Universal Music Canada, adding she had no other details.

The singer/songwriter, whose songs include country music fare such as "Whose Bed Have Your Boots Been Under?" and ballads like "From This Moment," is married to rock producer Robert "Mutt" Lange.

The couple live in Switzerland where Twain is also currently working on her fourth album, Johnson said.

Twain, from Timmins, Ontario, became a pop-country sensation in 1995 following the release of her album "The Woman in Me." Her third album "Come On Over" has sold more than 35 million copies."

rtc
04-03-2001, 04:59 PM
Shania's going to be a mommy by the end of this summer, her
album has been pushed back until next year.....I'm just
wondering if this is going to affect her touring. Her overall
career! Babies and families have a tendency to make you cut back
on the amount of time you spend on your career. Some people even
resign as an artist all together. Shania use to tour for an
entire year and a half! I suspect she won't be touring as much
anymore and she may possibly stop recording after the next album
or two. I hope not, but I have a strong feeling about this.