PDA

View Full Version : Message Board War

Marrianne
05-20-2002, 05:27 AM
I feel like a UN Peacekeeper at times as the Shania Net Board has members attacking this board because Will from STC made mention of STNAOFC is his update message to Chris (which was reproduced on that board).
People were either supporting the attack or defending and I have submitted a reply which is on the Shania Net Board. I will copy and paste that reply of mine and submit to this board.

I have suggested a meeting between Mat from Shania Net (who I believe is a Member of this board) and FV on her return to USA to cement a friendship in a similar way to our recent meeting in UK.

cbspock
05-20-2002, 05:30 AM
There is no messageboard war, please don't start one. I do talk with Mat from time to time through AIM.

-Chris

Marrianne
05-20-2002, 05:31 AM
MarrianneS

Here we go again infighting between boards although I've never seen any attacks about this board on the STNAOFC one.
I believe Matt is a Member of STNAOFC and posts there (Cofirm if right or not please).

If Shania was to visit then what would she make of it all?

I noticed Twain Crazy took up my suggestion of the 'hand of friendship' from one board to the other all we need to see is it working the other way around.

I have 2 very good friends that I have met in person through being fans of Shania and communicating via E-mail to start those friendships.

Phil (Longshot) and FV (STNAFC)

I also have contact with Will at STC and an item for exhibition from
TSTTUKFC has been accepted.

It is easier for organisations to relate to actual Fan Clubs as there is a sense of order so maybe the Shania Net or Longshot name could be put to use as an organisation using a sub title
The Shania Twain Online Fan Site.

We pulled together with that next album poll so why not keep it that way.

Perhaps a meeting between Matt and FV could be arranged when she returns to USA in August to cement friendship between both organisations as happened between FV and myself in April.

FV MEETS MARRIANNE

I truly believe that Shania unites people worldwide and the sensible and true fans react to that in a positive way.

I'm happy to be part of this board, the STNAOFC board and the Official Site board and I run a Traditional Fan Club that doesn't use Internet for Members.

Marrianne
05-20-2002, 05:37 AM
Chris
I'm not starting a war Claudia has and if you go to Shania Net Forums and go to the 'Improvements at STC' thread you will see what I mean.

I got both boards to pull together for that poll and Twain Crazy extended a hand of friendship.

I just want us all pulling in the same direction ready for the new album and to show Shania that her true fans are united Worldwide.

cbspock
05-20-2002, 05:50 AM
Originally posted by Marrianne
Chris
I'm not starting a war Claudia has and if you go to Shania Net Forums and go to the 'Improvements at STC' thread you will see what I mean.

I got both boards to pull together for that poll and Twain Crazy extended a hand of friendship.

I just want us all pulling in the same direction ready for the new album and to show Shania that her true fans are united Worldwide.

It is up to the forums moderators to stop it on their board. It is not our place to tell them what to do.

-Chris

Marrianne
05-20-2002, 05:53 AM
Why so negative as a positive response is happening on the Shania Net board as I'm typing.

cbspock
05-20-2002, 05:55 AM
Why so negative as a positive response is happening on the Shania Net board as I'm typing.

I talk with Mat a lot through AIM. Like FV said sharing infomation is not a problem.

-Chris

Marrianne
05-20-2002, 05:59 AM
Vega
FLAWLESS!

Perfectly put, Marrianne!
There really is no place for such a feud between the two boards, as we're all here because we love Shania.

I also like your idea of making this site the "Shania Twain Online Fan Site", as that may draw some attention to us by different organizations, and maybe we'll be considered as a fan club too, when it comes to Shania news and such.

And btw, pelased to meet you!
I'd go and register on the STNAOFC board as well, if I wasn't in such a posting-spree here
I gotta' get to Ben and Bob ya' know

-Vega-

OK IT'S YOUR CLUB I MUST BE WRONG WANTING FRIENDSHIP BETWEEN ORGANISATIONS THAT SUPPORT SHANIA:confused:

Marrianne
05-20-2002, 06:33 AM
I'm going to back off now, I've had my say on both boards going from one to the other.

I dedicate the song WHEN to you all and I'm sure you will know which part of the song relates to this topic.

benperkins
05-20-2002, 06:35 AM
Well I know I have been mad at the NA Fan club in the past, as I'm shure there have been people here mad at the forums. But I personally think it is time we work together, after all the new album is coming soon and we need a unighted front, so to anyone I've made mad in the past I offer my apolagys.

And I'll just quote myself from the forum on something I feel strongly about:

I don't see any Shania group as the emany its Mens sites that basicly use Shania in a sexist way that are the sites we should avoid not true fans sites!!

:)

Ben

FV
05-20-2002, 06:43 AM
Very well said Ben! :)HEY1

Vega
05-20-2002, 06:47 AM
Hey people!

Thanks for mentioning me, Marrianne ;)

Just wanted to remind you all that we're all fans of the fabulous Shania, and that there really is no rational reason for such a 'message board war'. That's just silly.

We're all frenzied at the moment, with Shania's upcoming album getting closer and closer to it's release date *knocks on wood*, and things may get a bit out of hand, but we need to remember that we're all Shania nuts, and there shouldn't be any hard feelings between the 2 boards.

Oh, and I'd like to invite you all to do as I do, and check the "competitors" boards! We're settled at www.shaniaforums.com (DOH! ;)), and you'll see that we're just a bunch of great people, as I'm sure you are :D

And last bu t not least- have I mentioned I LOVE SHANIA? ;)

Peace.

-Vega-

Shania's_Sister
05-20-2002, 08:23 AM
Seriously I am getting really tired of this silly war game. Why can't we just get along so what if the boards are diffrent or similar Or if this fan club get's more attention for the STC than the Shania forums do. We are Shania fans, we can go to each baord. I do come here sometimes but I don't moan about this board all the time because I came here before the forums were started and I still do So let's just make peace and be friends:)

Carley

AINAHS
05-20-2002, 12:38 PM
I may as well wade in here now - in my opinion all of the problems and petty jealousies are much ado about nothing - I don't know why Claudia harbors ill feelings toward this board or the STC for the way they do things - only she could explain what got her dander up to begin with and why it continues.

I posted Will's email to Chris with Will's permission, on the Forums board - I got an email from Will last eveing that I posted on both boards in the thread on STC improvements.

In that email Will indicated his difficulty with keeping up with all the message boards on the net and the possiblity of starting a "newsletter" on the STC website to keep all Shania fans abreast of developments there.

On the Forum thread on the STC improvements and in this thread I do not see anyone talking about Will's suggestion - I would think that is of paramount interest and importance and the administrators here and at the Forums should be conversing right now with Will on this possibilty - I am hopeful something like that happens ASAP with Shania's new work coming out later this year and the STC anniversary coming up very soon.

Let's all draw together and stop acting like a bunch of babies over which message board is better and who has a better connection with the STC - it is lunacy to keep going down that path - and Chris - if you have dialogue with Matt often at the Forums you ought to know his name has two t's in it - JMHO.

Bob

cbspock
05-20-2002, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by AINAHS
ILet's all draw together and stop acting like a bunch of babies over which message board is better and who has a better connection with the STC - it is lunacy to keep going down that path - and Chris - if you have dialogue with Matt often at the Forums you ought to know his name has two t's in it - JMHO.

Bob

I agree, well said.

As to the last part, don't be so picky it is annoying.:rolleyes:

-Chris

AINAHS
05-20-2002, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by cbspock

I agree, well said.

As to the last part, don't be so picky it is annoying.:rolleyes:

-Chris I thought spelling a person's name correctly is only polite and proper - didn't mean to seem "picky" - remember I am a Scrabble nut (I think you know that) and proper spelling was drilled into me by my mom way way back - so do not take offense please!:D

Marrianne
05-20-2002, 02:58 PM
As the great lady says "LETS DO IT"

AINAHS
05-20-2002, 03:01 PM
As the great lady says "LETS DO IT" ...meaning?

Joni
05-20-2002, 03:21 PM
The idea of a newsletter or just up to date info on the Site(Centre Site) is a great Idea that I support.

Joni

AINAHS
05-20-2002, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by Joni
The idea of a newsletter or just up to date info on the Site(Centre Site) is a great Idea that I support.

Joni

That is great....do you know if FV/Chris etal plan to aid Will in its creation or is that something Will and his people can do on their own? Maybe all they need is some encouragement that it is overdue and needed, in this day and age of so many fan sites?

cbspock
05-20-2002, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by AINAHS

That is great....do you know if FV/Chris etal plan to aid Will in its creation or is that something Will and his people can do on their own? Maybe all they need is some encouragement that it is overdue and needed, in this day and age of so many fan sites?

Instead of going to Will with the idea, I have sent an email to the site administrator, who I am friends with.

-Chris

drumbeat51
05-21-2002, 12:20 AM
People, Lets keep focosed on one thing, that is Shania. Consider this, what if Shania is reading these posts on this thread. If we all stay positive, and supportative of each other, and Shania, it will be better for all of us.

We are all fans, lets not let politics get in the way. I think we all care about Shania and the STC.

Ken

AINAHS
05-21-2002, 01:58 AM
Originally posted by drumbeat51
People, Lets keep focosed on one thing, that is Shania. Consider this, what if Shania is reading these posts on this thread. If we all stay positive, and supportative of each other, and Shania, it will be better for all of us.

We are all fans, lets not let politics get in the way. I think we all care about Shania and the STC.

Ken I could not agree more with you Ken.

Twain Crazy
05-21-2002, 11:51 PM
Guys I think we all have to remember Shania, her music, her words: As she said in Dallas : "I realized one thing, just what a powerful thing music really is. It not only has brought us together here tonight but, it has the ability to bring people from all backrounds together... I really can't think of too many things that can do that!" ~Shania Twain/dallas special

I posted this on the forums in reply to the war of boards issue that was raised. I went to the forums and I am a proud member of this board and everything it represents. I am on Mercury/Shania Board and I am all for showing love, respect and devotion to Shania and fellow fans. We are all fans nomatter what board, fanclub, we should ALL work together and show kindness ans support. Support the ST Centre fully, forums/boards, Mercury because simply they represent Shania. As fans we need to all do our part...one can be much more effective as a team working together. Shania may not be around at the moment but she's with us ALWAYS!!! everytime her music is played.. a video is watched, A message is posted on a board. She has not forgotten us and she deserves the best of us as fans. She has given her fans the best of her for so long...therefore as a thank you and a tribute to this lady let's stay positive and be there in support for all things Twain/Lange. Let's show Shania she's still so loved and respected the best way to do so is simply by actions. Let's not forget here why we are fans of this outstanding lady let's be the great, loving supportive fans she rembers. So no matter what board you belong to, fanclub, whatever disliked remarked could come our way remember Shania, her smile and how much of her soul goes into what she does, never forget the joy her music gives, how she treats her fans forever showing kindness. "Music Brings people together" So true, so well said.. and so worth remembering!
Twain Crazy!

Shania's_Sister
05-22-2002, 12:02 AM
Originally posted by Twain Crazy
Guys I think we all have to remember Shania, her music, her words: As she said in Dallas : "I realized one thing, just what a powerful thing music really is. It not only has brought us together here tonight but, it has the ability to bring people from all backrounds together... I really can't think of too many things that can do that!" ~Shania Twain/dallas special

I posted this on the forums in reply to the war of boards issue that was raised. I went to the forums and I am a proud member of this board and everything it represents. I am on Mercury/Shania Board and I am all for showing love, respect and devotion to Shania and fellow fans. We are all fans nomatter what board, fanclub, we should ALL work together and show kindness ans support. Support the ST Centre fully, forums/boards, Mercury because simply they represent Shania. As fans we need to all do our part...one can be much more effective as a team working together. Shania may not be around at the moment but she's with us ALWAYS!!! everytime her music is played.. a video is watched, A message is posted on a board. She has not forgotten us and she deserves the best of us as fans. She has given her fans the best of her for so long...therefore as a thank you and a tribute to this lady let's stay positive and be there in support for all things Twain/Lange. Let's show Shania she's still so loved and respected the best way to do so is simply by actions. Let's not forget here why we are fans of this outstanding lady let's be the great, loving supportive fans she rembers. So no matter what board you belong to, fanclub, whatever disliked remarked could come our way remember Shania, her smile and how much of her soul goes into what she does, never forget the joy her music gives, how she treats her fans forever showing kindness. "Music Brings people together" So true, so well said.. and so worth remembering!
Twain Crazy!

Hi TC!!!

I so agree with you there. No matter which place you are on we are still Shania fans and we all should work together. I love both this place and the Shania forums I do try to come and post here but that does not mean I'm never coming back here because I'm staying at both places. I love it here. I don't want Rivary with both forums. It's not right. Okay I've said my bit Thanks for listening

Carley

Sheri
06-04-2002, 01:30 AM
To be quite honest, I had no idea we were HAVing wars. When I see what's going on in the world, even the idea of having "wars" over message boards or forums or fandoms seems a little ridiculous. I don't know, maybe I'm blissfully unaware of board wars while I stay on this comfy message board with my family. :) I wish the very, very best to all the message boards out there, and yes, we share a love for the lady (I would hope), but I'm very happy where I'm at. That's not to say the others are in any way inferior, not at all. I've just found my home, that's all.

Steve F
06-04-2002, 11:17 AM
Nice post TC and I think we all need to follow what you are saying, but to be honest, I have to go along with Sheri, i.e., I am not really aware of this "War" of the Boards to any extent. Seems like there is enough War going on in the World right now to go around for all. My War right now is trying to keep myself focused until Shania's new CD comes out. I am getting anxious as I know everyone else is too. Things like these being mentioned here that have happened seem petty and a little immature to me, but then I spend most of my on-line-Shania-time right here @STNAOFC. So, I am not so apt to know much about other Boards.:)

Steve

Mary R
06-04-2002, 07:28 PM
I'm like Sheri & Steve F, I had no idea that all this so called war of the boards was happening. But then I suppose I wouldn't, I found a home here on the STNAOFC boards and very seldom go anywhere else! Like Dorathy said "There's no place like home!". Where does it matter where the info comes from an long as it is posted and all can find out about it! I'm always grateful for any information that is posted! I have met so many people through this board that I feel I can call friends. As I am sure many have found on the other boards! And to Shania that is another thing I'd like to thank her for, because of her I have met some wonderful people! Mary R