PDA

View Full Version : Shania's Name Pops Up Countless Times in This Article About The Creation of a "Star"

AINAHS
08-03-2002, 11:25 AM
http://www.shaniaforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=10983

cbspock
08-03-2002, 11:48 AM
Well, I see why the record companies are failing. "Talent" can not be engineered. You can get a few hits, like with NSYNC, and Britney, but a long lasting singer is not engineered.

-Chris

AINAHS
08-03-2002, 01:17 PM
I really think they are insulting the intelligence of their audience the way they go about doing their thing.

I had a lot of respect for Clive Davis but after reading about the way he is running this new enterprise I think he is no where near the creative genius I once imagined him to be - he seems to be only in it for the money - very disappointing.

Vivashania
08-03-2002, 09:43 PM
This article demonstrates some of the worst of the music business "creative" process. This girl sounds like a mere puppet waiting for the execs to pull the strings as soon as they figure out who she's supposed to imitate. It's like what they say about sausage - you might like it but you don't want to know too much about how it's made.

rtc
08-03-2002, 10:01 PM
It all sounds like Clive is wishful thinking! There will never be another Shania Twain! I mean, the girl could really turn out to be very promising, but I think it's too early for Clive to be promising her so much, so early. That right there, alone, could ruin everything! Have you ever heard that if you get your hopes up too high, your balloon is bound to bust?

I'm pretty sure I've heard that song "Can't Take It Back". If It's the same one I'm thinking of, it's not bad. It's catchy! I always wish any new talent "All the luck in the world". If she does become something great as Clive promises, then good for her. But I think it is too early to determine anything.

Amanda

cbspock
08-03-2002, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by rtc
It all sounds like Clive is wishful thinking! There will never be another Shania Twain! I mean, the girl could really turn out to be very promising, but I think it's too early for Clive to be promising her so much, so early. That right there, alone, could ruin everything! Have you ever heard that if you get your hopes up too high, your balloon is bound to bust?

I'm pretty sure I've heard that song "Can't Take It Back". If It's the same one I'm thinking of, it's not bad. It's catchy! I always wish any new talent "All the luck in the world". If she does become something great as Clive promises, then good for her. But I think it is too early to determine anything.

Amanda

Especially since record companies dump new artists when the album does not sell over a million copies.

-chris