PDA

View Full Version : Is this all true?

benperkins
08-17-2002, 08:25 AM
This thread from the Shania forums may intrest you:

http://www.shaniaforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=11263&perpage=20&pagenumber=1

Personally I'm scepkical to wherever or not these are genuine facts as in one post its mentioned the Article is from a British Tabloid (And yes I do mean my coment about sending the SAS after them!:p ).

cbspock
08-17-2002, 08:42 AM
Originally posted by benperkins
This thread from the Shania forums may intrest you:

http://www.shaniaforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=11263&perpage=20&pagenumber=1

Personally I'm scepkical to wherever or not these are genuine facts as in one post its mentioned the Article is from a British Tabloid (And yes I do mean my coment about sending the SAS after them!:p ).

Ok, here is the original post....

Shania set for album release + comments on MC's new album
While Shania Twain had remained tucked away safely in Switzerland
with her new baby boy, her 1997 album Come On Over amazingly
continued to rack up sales and set records to this day.

Come On Over has topped the 14 million mark in the United States,
making it the biggest-selling disc in the country since Soundscan
began reporting retail sales in May of 1991.

The numbers also make the diva the only country artist to have an
album rank among Soundscan's 10 bestsellers of the past 10 years.

After a 5-year absence, Twain is set to make a comeback with a new
style. She's been busy working on her forthcoming album
entitled "UP", which is set to hit stores this December. The diva's
first single is expected to be released late October, early November.

Twain has taken a different approach on her new album. She has moved
away from her country-base and has incorporated a new pop/R&B sound
to her music along with funky dance beats.

With a large list of artists with scheduled releases this
Fall/Winter; including albums and work from divas such as Madonna,
Jennifer Lopez, Mariah Carey, and Whitney Houston, Twain is not
worried about the competition. In fact, the diva is wishing everyone
much luck and success on their album as she focuses on her own.

She states, "There is enough room for all of us in the music
business. And we can accept each other and all be in the spotlight at
once. It makes it more interesting and exciting that way. At least
for me [laughs]. So it's good. I'm actually looking forward to
hearing Jennifer Lopez's album and Mariah's finished product and
everyone else's. I hope everyone releasing an album this year will
have great success and we'll see what happens."

The diva who was recently recording her album in the Bahamas, met up
with fellow songbird and friend Mariah Carey during her stay in Capri
last month while recording a few tracks on the island herself. Carey
who's in currently in Capri working on her own album allowed Twain as
well as rapper and friend Jay-Z to attend an exclusive listening
party which she held for a small group of friends and co-workers on
the island.

After sampling Carey's album, she states, "It's definitely a new and
better Mariah. Her voice sounds absolutely amazing. I'm sure everyone
will love her new sound and I strongly believe her album will score
high in sales and charts. She'll very much deserve it."

The pop-turned country diva is about to wrap up work on her 18-track
album as she adds her final touches. No word just yet as to what her
first single will be. Twain is still deciding between three possible
tracks as she says it's important to choose the right song as the
leading single. "The leading track has to be a song that will grab
everyone's attention. One that will define the mood of the album and
make people wanting more and keeping their interest. I'm still trying
to figure out which song will accomplish that."

First off, there is no source, second we know it is 19 and not 18 tracks. Oh, boy R&B..I sure hope not, I can't stand R&B. I don't think Shania would radically change her style. I would say the album is more Rock /Pop with a country style, like COO. Well, I will see what I can track down on this one.

-Chris

Roger
08-17-2002, 09:12 AM
I notice the dates for the single and the album are later too. Could this be why the official announcement was pulled?

What is interesting is the quotes. They sound like Shania in style and outlook. Which tabloid is this and do you think Shania would accept an interview with a tabloid? What are you calling a tabloid?

I wouldn't rule out R and B. I like R and B as it used to be in the 50s. I welcome a variety of styles. Shania's versatility is one of the things I love.

Roger

benperkins
08-17-2002, 09:15 AM
You would have to ask Claudia from there asit was her who mentioned its a tabiold.

Ben

Bryce
08-17-2002, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by cbspock

First off, there is no source, second we know it is 19 and not 18 tracks. Oh, boy R&B..I sure hope not, I can't stand R&B. I don't think Shania would radically change her style. I would say the album is more Rock /Pop with a country style, like COO. Well, I will see what I can track down on this one.

-Chris

Acctually Chris we don't know the Cd has 19 tracks. That info was deleted along with the release dates. This would also contradict the date of Sept 25 for that Paris Press Conferance. Boy can you say what a mess. This whole thing is realy starting to get rediculous.

Bryce

cbspock
08-17-2002, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by Roger
I notice the dates for the single and the album are later too. Could this be why the official announcement was pulled?

What is interesting is the quotes. They sound like Shania in style and outlook. Which tabloid is this and do you think Shania would accept an interview with a tabloid? What are you calling a tabloid?

I wouldn't rule out R and B. I like R and B as it used to be in the 50s. I welcome a variety of styles. Shania's versatility is one of the things I love.

Roger

I guess it depends on what is considered R&B, I guess I will have to hear it, but in general, I don't like it. I don't think Shania would be accepting any sort of interview from a tabliod, if in this case a tabliod is defined as THE STAR, GLOBE, or NATIONAL ENQUIRER. Well, we do know she recorded parts of the album in the islands, but that was toward the end of last year, and the beginning of this year.

-Chris

benperkins
08-17-2002, 09:47 AM
Its more likely to be The Sun, The Star or the Mirror if the article is British.

I doubt Shania would turn her back on her fan's who are only into Country by going into Rnb/pop.

Ben

Roger
08-17-2002, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by benperkins
Its more likely to be The Sun, The Star or the Mirror if the article is British.

I doubt Shania would turn her back on her fan's who are only into Country by going into Rnb/pop.

Ben

Actually though, if there are 19 or at least a large number of tracks on the new album, this is very liberating for Shania. She can do some country songs to keep the country music establishment happy. She can do some pop and rock and reach a really large audience. And she still has tracks in which to innovate and do in different styles. I don't accept that if she does R and B, she is turning her back on anyone.

Roger

cbspock
08-17-2002, 11:08 AM

Actually though, if there are 19 or at least a large number of tracks on the new album, this is very liberating for Shania. She can do some country songs to keep the country music establishment happy. She can do some pop and rock and reach a really large audience. And she still has tracks in which to innovate and do in different styles. I don't accept that if she does R and B, she is turning her back on anyone.

Roger

Yeah, 19 tracks gives her room for everything, plus a track or two to experiment.

Go to our singles discussions....
http://www.shania-twain.org/mb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=5683

-Chris

Steve F
08-17-2002, 12:05 PM

Roger

I'm with Roger on this one. Actually I am an R&B junkie. Now I don't care for all these folks running around in weird clothes and calling themselves R&B. I am talking about artists like Stevie Ray Vaughan, Eric Clapton, Bonnie Raitt, John Hiatt, B.B. King to name a few. My wife doesn't like R&B, but we are planning another trip to Myrtle Beach either next Fall [2003] or the year after. I have specifically told her that this time, I am not missing going to the "House of Blues". The last time we were there, we "didn't have time", I was told. LOL!:D

Anyway, for me, Shania doing a little R&B would be a real treat. I will say though that I can't believe she will just up and dump her Country fans. I think she will have something for everybody. This is very doable. Elvis did it his whole career.

Steve

Roger
08-17-2002, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by Steve F

I'm with Roger on this one. Actually I am an R&B junkie. Now I don't care for all these folks running around in weird clothes and calling themselves R&B. I am talking about artists like Stevie Ray Vaughan, Eric Clapton, Bonnie Raitt, John Hiatt, B.B. King to name a few.
Steve

We like the same artists, Steve!

Roger

cbspock
08-17-2002, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by Steve F

I'm with Roger on this one. Actually I am an R&B junkie. Now I don't care for all these folks running around in weird clothes and calling themselves R&B. I am talking about artists like Stevie Ray Vaughan, Eric Clapton, Bonnie Raitt, John Hiatt, B.B. King to name a few. My wife doesn't like R&B, but we are planning another trip to Myrtle Beach either next Fall [2003] or the year after. I have specifically told her that this time, I am not missing going to the "House of Blues". The last time we were there, we "didn't have time", I was told. LOL!:D

Anyway, for me, Shania doing a little R&B would be a real treat. I will say though that I can't believe she will just up and dump her Country fans. I think she will have something for everybody. This is very doable. Elvis did it his whole career.

Steve

Ok, if it is that type of R&B, then it won't be bad. I like Eric Clapton. I just hope Shania does not do any "hip hop", to get her "ghetto card" as it is called here in NYC.

So, did Elvis get as much grief from Nashville as Shania???

-Chris

rtc
08-17-2002, 04:12 PM
Hey, people change all the time! Sometimes without reason. You may question why or when and you may say "What happened?" But you may never really get an answer. If any of this is true, maybe she has gone through some real changes in the last 3 years. Sometimes it has everything to do with your environment. Or maybe she is seeing things in a different way, creatively. I know one thing is for sure, if this all comes to pass, she's going to really tick off a lot of people. Oooooh and you thought the media was bad before!

Amanda

FV
08-17-2002, 05:23 PM
Personally I am very skeptical about this article...Is there the journalist's name anywhere? The magazine the article has been printed in? If we had this info we could try to contact the journalist..but from knowing how Shania operates (especially recently when it comes to answer questions from journalists on the new album) she does not talk. period.

Vivashania
08-17-2002, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by FV
Personally I am very skeptical about this article...Is there the journalist's name anywhere? The magazine the article has been printed in? If we had this info we could try to contact the journalist..but from knowing how Shania operates (especially recently when it comes to answer questions from journalists on the new album) she does not talk. period.

That story is said to come from a British tabloid. Maybe you or Ben or someone can spot it somewhere if it really exists. As I understand it, some British tabloids are just called that because of their format but are quite reputable sources of news. There's nothing in that article that sounds particularly unbelievable to me and actually I think some of it rings true. There's just no confirmation yet. I checked Mariah Carey sources and couln't find any mention of a meeting with Shania. I'll just keep an open mind on that particular story till we know more.

Sheri
08-17-2002, 07:14 PM
Hard to imagine Shania and Mariah being that close. I remember when she did Divas, Mariah didn't want to be involved in any songs with her or anyone else other than Aretha Franklin. That was on one of those VH1 specials about the Divas' specials. The only bit she did with everybody was the finale.

I have also heard on our radio station that Mariah has a big jealousy problem. When she had a new album out at the same time as Celine and saw a poster in a record store of Celine that was larger than her own poster, she went into the store and demanded Celine's be removed. This was reported on KSSK by Mike Evans back when those albums were released.

Hard to imagine her wanting to cozy up to somebody who outsells her and is so popular and beautiful, and even harder to imagine her giving her an earlier opportunity to hear her new stuff, but whoooo knows? Certainly not I!

cbspock
08-17-2002, 09:48 PM
From what CK tells me, this story was in the same tabliod that reported Shania and Mutt were in the no sex cult, among other things.

So, I guess they don't have a one year old rug rat crawling around their house...lol

-Chris

Sheri
08-17-2002, 10:19 PM
Aaaaah, yes, okay. You can pretty much cover this story with a sheet, it's dead.

AINAHS
08-17-2002, 10:30 PM
Yup!:D

benperkins
08-18-2002, 02:30 AM
They can make up convincing quotes, they just study what Shania has said in the past and use that to create quotes, they are not stupid people.

Anyway I don't see Shania giving a interveiw to a newspaper that said she was in a no sex clut!

Ben

tides24
08-18-2002, 07:21 AM
Hi, Y'all...Excuse me for intruding again, but, hard as it is to believe, CK is wrong. She posted the same thing on the newsgroup, after misreading what Ben had said on the Forums. He was yelling about tabloids like the one that published the cult story, and CK took it to mean that the Shania/Mariah story was in the same one. We don't know which one for sure, let alone if it's the same one. A crazy cult story is a lot different in tone from an article like this. Tabloids are different. Like Viva said, some of them are quite responsible. Again, sorry to intrude, but I believe she jumped to conclusions. There is no evidence that this comes from the same source.

cbspock
08-18-2002, 07:45 AM
Originally posted by tides24
Hi, Y'all...Excuse me for intruding again, but, hard as it is to believe, CK is wrong. She posted the same thing on the newsgroup, after misreading what Ben had said on the Forums. He was yelling about tabloids like the one that published the cult story, and CK took it to mean that the Shania/Mariah story was in the same one. We don't know which one for sure, let alone if it's the same one. A crazy cult story is a lot different in tone from an article like this. Tabloids are different. Like Viva said, some of them are quite responsible. Again, sorry to intrude, but I believe she jumped to conclusions. There is no evidence that this comes from the same source.

Sorry Tides you are wrong!! It was posted from that same tabliod. I will get the source from CK later.

-Chris

tides24
08-18-2002, 07:50 AM
Evidence, please. Name of the tabloid?

cbspock
08-18-2002, 07:54 AM
Evidence, please. Name of the tabloid?

Tides, I'll get the link later when I see CK on line. And what's up with the attitude when you post here.

"Sorry for intruding" is not a good way to start off a post.

-Chris

cbspock
08-18-2002, 08:11 AM
It is one of these three...
The Sun, The Star or the Mirror

Like I said, when I see CK on line, I will find the link, if there is one to the original article.

-Chris

benperkins
08-18-2002, 08:14 AM
She posted the same thing on the newsgroup, after misreading what Ben had said on the Forums. He was yelling about tabloids like the one that published the cult story,

I was not yelling I was just pointing out the track record of British Tabiolds when it comes to Shania.

Ben

tides24
08-18-2002, 08:24 AM

Tides, I'll get the link later when I see CK on line. And what's up with the attitude when you post here.

"Sorry for intruding" is not a good way to start off a post.

-Chris

Just trying to be polite. Never mind. If you don't know which of the three it was, then you don't know if it was the same one that printed the cult story. Just trying to help out. My bad. Ciao!

Jud
08-18-2002, 09:21 AM
Just a tought, the R&B part can come from the rumors, that Shania and Toni Braxton were working on a song. Who knows?

rtc
08-18-2002, 08:01 PM
Chris, I'm gonna go out on a limb here, but I think it was "The Sun" that reported about the no sex cult. The Sun was in a habit of printing a lot of stories about Shania. They printed that she was leaving Mutt and going back to Paul Bolduc and they printed that Mutt was so dominating with her that he kept her in their chateau away from everyone, somewhat imprisoned............Didn't they even print pictures of Eja after he was born? If anyone printed this story, they are likely to be the ones.

Amanda

Vivashania
08-18-2002, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by rtc
Chris, I'm gonna go out on a limb here, but I think it was "The Sun" that reported about the no sex cult. The Sun was in a habit of printing a lot of stories about Shania. They printed that she was leaving Mutt and going back to Paul Bolduc and they printed that Mutt was so dominating with her that he kept her in their chateau away from everyone, somewhat imprisoned............Didn't they even print pictures of Eja after he was born? If anyone printed this story, they are likely to be the ones.

Amanda

Lemme see ... first they had her imprisoned and now they have her partying on Capri. She must have ESCAPED!!!

Vivashania
08-18-2002, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by Vivashania

Lemme see ... first they had her imprisoned and now they have her partying on Capri. She must have ESCAPED!!!

THAT's probably the problem with the album release dates. Shania had a couple more vocal tracks to lay down but when Mutt went to the room where he keeps her locked up she was gone! The window was open and tied-together sheets were hanging out!

Run, Shania, Run!!!

cbspock
08-18-2002, 08:37 PM
:GH

ROTFLMAO!!!! :LMAO :LMAO :LMAO

-Chris

benperkins
08-19-2002, 02:23 AM
lol :D

If it was the Sun then the quotes are thrown into doubt! They are famous here for making quotes up and changing quotes to stir up conterversy like when they Made Tony Blair sound like he was saying he wants the UK to be a republic when he was talking about Austarilia!:eek:

Ben

rtc
08-19-2002, 07:34 PM
I like that Viva. That's cute! :)

Amanda

cbspock
08-19-2002, 07:58 PM
Since I have not heard from CK yet, I did a little research, and could not find this article on any of the UK tabliod sites.

-Chris

Vivashania
08-20-2002, 12:29 AM
Since I have not heard from CK yet, I did a little research, and could not find this article on any of the UK tabliod sites.

-Chris

Yep, I've pretty well concluded that the article probably never existed, even in a tabloid. The part about the Mariah listening party on Capri with Jay Z is true but there is no hint that Shania was present from any other source that I could find. Various posts on Mariah boards repeated this story but no one ever had a decent source. Most (but not all) Mariah fans were inclined to believe the story since it contained so much (Capri-Jay Z, etc.) that they already knew to be true. It was pleasant to note that most of them also spoke highly of Shania.

AINAHS
08-25-2002, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by Vivashania

Yep, I've pretty well concluded that the article probably never existed, even in a tabloid. The part about the Mariah listening party on Capri with Jay Z is true but there is no hint that Shania was present from any other source that I could find. Various posts on Mariah boards repeated this story but no one ever had a decent source. Most (but not all) Mariah fans were inclined to believe the story since it contained so much (Capri-Jay Z, etc.) that they already knew to be true. It was pleasant to note that most of them also spoke highly of Shania. Everyone wants a piece of Shania during her reemergence into the public arena.

Be prepared for more farfetched stories. The tabloids will have a field day once more.

If you want to see what might happen in some far off tabloid dream go to:

http://www.shaniaforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=10556&perpage=15&pagenumber=1