PDA

View Full Version : CMT-EVENTS-Shania Twain's Long Absence

cbspock
10-03-2002, 06:23 AM
http://www.cmt.com/img/shania.twain/shaniatwain35-160x135.jpg
http://www.cmt.com/cmt/event/stwain.premiere.jhtml

Shania Twain's Long Absence From the Spotlight Ends When the International Superstar Reappears First on CMT
CMT Gives Viewers the Exclusive World Premiere of New Video "I'm Gonna Getcha Good!" Friday, Oct. 4; CMT Host Katie Cook Travels to London to Spend Day with Twain for an Exclusive CMT Special Shania in London: Making the Video to Debut Friday, Oct. 11

International superstar Shania Twain is back in the spotlight -- and she's on CMT. CMT will be the first television network to give viewers full access to Twain, beginning with her first new project in years. CMT will present the exclusive World Premiere of her new video "I'm Gonna Getcha Good!" on CMT Most Wanted Live Friday, Oct. 4 at 7 p.m. ET/PT. The video is from UP!, Twain's first album release in five years, scheduled to hit retail outlets on Nov. 19.

Twain's new video promises to again raise the bar for music videos. The Mercury Records superstar does not give away the details but she does tell CMT's Katie Cook on the London based video set, "['I'm Gonna Getcha Good!'] will be something different, something I've never done before. There will be animation -- very futuristic and there's an edge to it. It will keep you a little bit on the edge of your seat. It's more of an action video, so it's different for me." She adds, "There are two personalities in the video. One is sort of the Shania and the other person is kind of the superhero."

Paul Boyd, the video director for "I'm Gonna Getcha Good!," tells CMT of the video, "With this one she actually gave me a lot of creative freedom. I initially said whatever it is we do, I want it to be groundbreaking and original and different and not what people expect." He also hints at the video concept telling CMT, "The concept is set in a futuristic world and she plays two characters."

CMT will debut a CMT exclusive special, Shania in London: Making the Video, hosted by CMT's Katie Cook. Cook traveled to London for an exclusive visit with Twain on the set of her new video. The special will give viewers a rare in-depth look at the many aspects Twain and her team go through during the making of yet another groundbreaking project. Twain and Boyd, who also directed her innovative video, "That Don't Impress Me Much," will take viewers through their entire creative process. The revealing special Shania in London: Making the Video will debut Friday, Oct. 11 at 10 p.m. ET/PT.

"Videos have been huge in my career," Twain tells CMT. "And I believe so much in visual image because I think music and visual image just go together. On the flip side of the coin you don't go see a movie without hearing music. Movies have soundtracks. They just go well together,” she says.

CMT has even more exclusive programming with Twain coming up. CMT traveled to Switzerland this summer for an in-depth interview with Shania for a brand new episode the hit biography series CMT Inside Fame: Shania Twain scheduled to debut on Friday, Nov. 15 at 8 p.m. ET/PT (repeats Saturday, Nov. 16 at 9 p.m. ET/PT) as part of CMT's Superstar Weekend