PDA

View Full Version : up! editions

portacoino
10-17-2002, 06:41 AM
please help me i can't beieve somethings
how many up! editions will shania release?

country
pop
world

actually i've read 3 different versions, for sure she will release pop and country for europe and usa like she did with come on over but what's the world edition? it appears on the iggg uk single and if they post it is because it should be different from up country & up pop
how could it sound?

cbspock
10-17-2002, 06:45 AM
I saw those 3 versions mentioned in the IGGG UK double CD single as well. What the "world" edition is, I don't know, and I don't know where it is gonna be released.

-Chris

FV
10-17-2002, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by portacoino
please help me i can't beieve somethings
how many up! editions will shania release?
country
pop
world
actually i've read 3 different versions, for sure she will release pop and country for europe and usa like she did with come on over but what's the world edition? it appears on the iggg uk single and if they post it is because it should be different from up country & up pop
how could it sound?
All good questions Portacoino...:) My interpretation is that the world version is even more pop than the "pop" version...maybe even more rock...It happened the same thing with "You Got A Way": there was first the country version, then the pop one, then the international version....then the remixed one used in the Notting Hill movie!:eek: :BL
Time will tell...I am also suspecting slightly different CD single covers so to recognize the different versions...:cool:

kirppu
10-17-2002, 11:30 AM
Wouldn´t the world version be the International one?

OOOOOOOOHHHHHH, so much new Shania!!!! Makes the wait worth while!! :D

rtc
10-17-2002, 02:10 PM
You know, last time around, I thought the world version was the International version. Was it not?

Amanda

Bryce
10-17-2002, 05:19 PM
Just to further confuse things this was in todays paper, and I heard it mentioned on the radio:

"WILL THERE BE TWO TWAIN RELEASES?

Shania Twain fans may get two CDs for the price of one when her UP! album is released on Nov 19. Twain's husband & producer Mutt Lange, reportedly is considering putting out two versions of the 19-song album, one disk with the songs mixed to emphasize the country elements, another with pop-oriented mixes. A spokesman for Mercury Records said nothing is official yet, but if it is released as a two-CDset, it would sell for the same price as a single CD."

So I guess its just a case of buy everything in site. LOL :D :D

Bryce

cbspock
10-17-2002, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by rtc
You know, last time around, I thought the world version was the International version. Was it not?

Amanda

Yeah, but the USA got its own International version, which was different than the one you could get as an import. I also have some SE Asia versions of COO, that have a VCD in them. They contain a Shania interview, and some videos, one of which is WHEN.

-Chris

DOC BILL
10-17-2002, 06:30 PM
Question
If this is sold as a double disc set of the same album, when we buy a copy of the new release does it count as one or two album sales for number race purposes (total sales) that we always concern ourselves with? DOC

FV
10-17-2002, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by DOC BILL
Question
If this is sold as a double disc set of the same album, when we buy a copy of the new release does it count as one or two album sales for number race purposes (total sales) that we always concern ourselves with? DOC
humm...I think that the consensus we have come to after 2 years of discussion on this board (LOL!:BL ) is that if the second CD has at least one different song from the first CD, then it is counted as 2 different CDs: so when you buy one copy it is counted as 2 copies...but only if on the second CD there is a different track, not remixes of the same songs from the first CD....:GL

AINAHS
10-18-2002, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by Bryce
Just to further confuse things this was in todays paper, and I heard it mentioned on the radio:

"WILL THERE BE TWO TWAIN RELEASES?

Shania Twain fans may get two CDs for the price of one when her UP! album is released on Nov 19. Twain's husband & producer Mutt Lange, reportedly is considering putting out two versions of the 19-song album, one disk with the songs mixed to emphasize the country elements, another with pop-oriented mixes. A spokesman for Mercury Records said nothing is official yet, but if it is released as a two-CDset, it would sell for the same price as a single CD."

So I guess its just a case of buy everything in site. LOL :D :D

Bryce This is malarkey - all decisions have been made and 7 million copies are in production - they are blowing smoke at us to increase anticipation and excitement over the release.

NiaBrat
10-22-2002, 01:19 PM
Well, y'all, i recall it being said that Shania wanted it to be a BIg comeback and BIG surprise..perhaps this is what she had in mind. o personally don't care..i just CANNOT WAIT!!!:D :cool: :kiss: SHANIA FAN FOREVER AND ALWAYS NO MATTER WHAT!!!(hey, that's kinda like one of the new titles, cool!!)

luv-kelly aka NiaBrat!!!!