PDA

View Full Version : Release Date for First Single

Roger
10-21-2002, 09:00 PM
When officially will the new single be released in Canada and the United States? I reserved both Up! and IGGG with Ottawa's biggest CD retailer but they said they won't get IGGG until Nov. 12. I thought the release date for the single was Nov. 4.

Roger

cbspock
10-21-2002, 09:03 PM
The release date is November 4th..worldwide.

-Chris

kirppu
10-22-2002, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by Roger
Ottawa's biggest CD retailer but they said they won't get IGGG until Nov. 12. I thought the release date for the single was Nov. 4.

Roger A friend of mine from Canada also said the record store gave the date as Nov 12th...

Roger
10-22-2002, 06:04 PM
Chris, where is it written that the release date is Nov. 4?

Roger

kirppu
10-22-2002, 06:11 PM
Australia Nov 4
Britain Nov 4
Finland Nov 4 :D

Those I know, but nowhere have I seen the North America single for pre-sale yet, nor the date for it..

Only these two record store infos as Canada Nov 12....

??

cbspock
10-22-2002, 06:11 PM
Chris, where is it written that the release date is Nov. 4?

Roger

Shania said it.

-Chris

Bryce
10-22-2002, 06:24 PM
I was in HMV today and they have had so many people asking about it they have put a sign up in the section with Shania's CD's. The date they have is Oct 29th. So all I can say is starting next week just keep checking at the record stores for it.

The problem with Nov 4th is its a Monday. I thought new music came out on Tuesdays here in North America. Oct 29th is the last Tues before Nov 4. Or it may be out here in NA on Nov 5th.:confused: shrugs

Bryce

cbspock
10-22-2002, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by Bryce
I was in HMV today and they have had so many people asking about it they have put a sign up in the section with Shania's CD's. The date they have is Oct 29th. So all I can say is starting next week just keep checking at the record stores for it.

The problem with Nov 4th is its a Monday. I thought new music came out on Tuesdays here in North America. Oct 29th is the last Tues before Nov 4. Or it may be out here in NA on Nov 5th.:confused: shrugs

Bryce

Europe was the 4th, North America is the 5th.

-Chris

Roger
10-23-2002, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by Bryce

Bryce

Both HMV and CD Warehouse here in Ottawa still have the release date as Nov. 12 in their data bases. BUT it turns out the Nov. 12 date is for the import single, not the domestic single. (Don't ask me what the difference is!) Neither HMV here nor CD Warehouse have the domestic single yet in their data bases but HMV have an informal note from head office that the domestic single will be available here on Oct. 29.

Yippee!! Thanx Bryce!:BL

Roger

kirppu
10-23-2002, 04:47 PM
single will be available here on Oct. 29.
JEEEEEE!!!! :D

AINAHS
10-24-2002, 08:07 AM

Both HMV and CD Warehouse here in Ottawa still have the release date as Nov. 12 in their data bases. BUT it turns out the Nov. 12 date is for the import single, not the domestic single. (Don't ask me what the difference is!) Neither HMV here nor CD Warehouse have the domestic single yet in their data bases but HMV have an informal note from head office that the domestic single will be available here on Oct. 29.

Yippee!! Thanx Bryce!:BL

Roger Canada gets it Oct 29th and US Nov 4th??

Roger
10-28-2002, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by AINAHS
Canada gets it Oct 29th and US Nov 4th??

Yep!! HMV confirmed with me today they will have IGGG tomorrow. :JP Strangely, they won't take reservations for it but they will have "tons of copies".

Roger

kirppu
10-28-2002, 03:11 PM
they will have IGGG tomorrow. Might you also have it tomorrow? hehe hehe ;) :D

Roger
10-28-2002, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by kirppu
Might you also have it tomorrow? hehe hehe ;) :D

Oh, I might get around to picking up a copy if I happen to be near HMV tomorrow (like hanging around for an hour or two before they open clawing at the doors!):BL

Roger

FV
10-28-2002, 03:30 PM
Oh, I might get around to picking up a copy if I happen to be near HMV tomorrow (like hanging around for an hour or two before they open clawing at the doors!):BL
Roger
LOL! :BL Well it's weird that the HMV Canadian site still says Nov. 4, but it might be true! So Roger, if you get it tomorrow, I wanna a full review by 10 am ET! LOL!:reddancin :King
Did I just hear Bryce running out of the door?:rolleyes: :Bthumb

kirppu
10-28-2002, 03:32 PM
LMAO!!

Bryce
10-28-2002, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by FV

LOL! :BL Well it's weird that the HMV Canadian site still says Nov. 4, but it might be true! So Roger, if you get it tomorrow, I wanna a full review by 10 am ET! LOL!:reddancin :King
Did I just hear Bryce running out of the door?:rolleyes: :Bthumb

I'll be at HMV at 10:00 AM. Thankfully there is one not 5 minutes from where I work. Now you know what I'm doing for my morning break. :D :D

Bryce

Roger
10-28-2002, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by FV

So Roger, if you get it tomorrow, I wanna a full review by 10 am ET! LOL!:reddancin :King

If I get it you'll get a review for sure but I'll be out all morning. Maybe in the afternoon.

Roger

AINAHS
10-28-2002, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by cbspock
The release date is November 4th..worldwide.

-Chris I thought you had unimpeachable sources!:D

Roger
10-28-2002, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by AINAHS
I thought you had unimpeachable sources!:D

Don't blame cbspock. There is something very strange going on here. For some unexplained reason the official release date is Nov. 4 but all the record stores here give Nov. 12 as the date but HMV alone it seems has what it calls the "domestic" single available tomorrow. BUT they don't have it in their data base and won't take reservations. Tell you the truth, I'll believe I've got the single when it is in my hot little hands and not before.

Roger

cbspock
10-28-2002, 07:40 PM

Don't blame cbspock. There is something very strange going on here. For some unexplained reason the official release date is Nov. 4 but all the record stores here give Nov. 12 as the date but HMV alone it seems has what it calls the "domestic" single available tomorrow. BUT they don't have it in their data base and won't take reservations. Tell you the truth, I'll believe I've got the single when it is in my hot little hands and not before.

Roger

Maybe it will go early since it is doing so well, sort of to keep the flame burning.

-Chris