PDA

View Full Version : Bluuuuuue

Sheri
12-21-2002, 11:19 PM
My boss has returned from Japan, and I have the blue version! YES!!!! Wow.... it is VERY different. I listened to it with headphones and discovered I can REALLY hear her voice, both lead and background, and Mutt's too! much more strongly than I can on green or red. It's so different that I can only listen to it once through before switching to red or green, but I am amazed at the vocals. As busy as the instrumentation sounds, you can hear their voices beautifully.

By the way, my boss said her name was right up on the top of the best sellers in Japan. ;)

byrdman
12-21-2002, 11:42 PM
Originally posted by Sheri
I listened to it with headphones and discovered I can REALLY hear her voice, both lead and background, and Mutt's too! much more strongly than I can on green or red

Fascinating observation.:cool: How does this difference impact on the way you experience and enjoy the music?:)

Al

Steve F
12-22-2002, 11:32 AM
I guess that when the holidays are over and I can concentrate more, I'll have to give the Blue a little more of a chance.

steve

windcatcher
12-22-2002, 11:46 AM
i can't wait to get my hands on a copy of the blue version. :D

FV
12-22-2002, 12:25 PM
How about the images on the CDs Sheri? better quality? :BL

Sheri
12-22-2002, 06:00 PM
I didn't find the pictures that much different in quality. In terms of impact... hmm.... hard to say. She's right, though, that is the version to listen to if you just want the groove as opposed to the kick-@*# feeling of the red. But it really did leave me spellbound to listen not only to her vocals, but THEIR vocals as a team. I felt a lot more of her emotion when I was able to really focus in on her voice.

If I had to rank them, I would probably still put Blue third, simply because I am so unfamiliar with the instruments on that version. That being said, if you're a Shania fan (as we all are or we wouldn't be on this board), you'll want the blue in your collection. If you get it, and you start listening and think whoooa, this is too bizarre, just block out the instruments. You can almost hear Shania and Mutt singing without them, and it's a treasure. For me personally, one song that really stood out in this regard was Juanita. Although I love the song, I wouldn't place it in my top 10 on the CD. On the blue version, though, I heard lyrics in the background vocals I hadn't heard in either red or green, and their vocals gave me chills, they were so on.

cbspock
12-22-2002, 08:24 PM
Blue is weird but I do like the sound of:

Nah
IGGG
Pretty Face
Particular Way
Not in the mood
In My Car
Forever and for always

-Chris

Joni
12-24-2002, 12:46 PM
Sheri you've sold me! I planned to get it but now I must have it now!!!!

Joni