PDA

View Full Version : I'm Jealous

cbspock
01-19-2003, 09:43 AM
Which version is your favorite? I can't choose between them, they both have different things going for them. The red has those awesome Shania echoing vocals, and the green has that awesome guitar riff in it. The green version also builds up to that cresendo with the guitar.

-Chris

kirppu
01-19-2003, 01:52 PM
I can´t really say, I´ve been listening to green version cd all the time since I got it, lol

sas
01-19-2003, 03:53 PM
All three are excellent but I tend to like the red the best because of her backing vocals.

BTW it's still getting good airplay here and has made it's way to the weekend countdown. NOT BAD! The dj's have been receptive to my e-mails and have said they are playing it simply because they LOVE IT TOO! When you view their mixed playlist it's the best song on there IMO.

FV
01-19-2003, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by sas
The dj's have been receptive to my e-mails and have said they are playing it simply because they LOVE IT TOO!
This is Shania's music..LOL! djs go nuts about it...slow ballads ad great upbeat songs...:BL It's interesting that they started playing on their own...will see whether other radio stations do it too..:)

Jud
01-20-2003, 01:00 AM
Myself too like the sound of the green version, but the vocals of the red. Maybe there's a remix which merges the two together?

FV
01-20-2003, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by Jud
Myself too like the sound of the green version, but the vocals of the red. Maybe there's a remix which merges the two together?
You gotta talk to Mutt for that...hehe

Steve F
01-21-2003, 09:30 AM
I admitted early on that this is my favorite song on UP. Chris has a point, but I tend to favor the Red version of UP just a little.

I made a mistake a few weeks ago. My wife asked me to grab UP so she could hear it as we rode to a shopping mall. It was a spur of the moment request, so I grabbed my UP Jacket and off we went. To my surprise and disappointment, I discovered I had left the Red one in my DVD Player at home and only had the Green with me. I knew this would be a disaster as my wife does not care much for Country music. In fact in my immediate family of Dad, Mom and 3 kids, I am the only one who likes Country at all. The rest of them think it "reeks" so they say. Anyway, she wanted to hear it, so reluctantly I played it. As I suspected, first impressions are strong. Even though she has agreed to listen to the Red version sometime, she doesn't care for UP. She likes COO a lot and even the WIM, but I may have lost her on UP. So, yes the Red version is special to me in my case. It may have resulted in a different opinion.:o

Steve