PDA

View Full Version : Up! video..how many versions?

cbspock
01-29-2003, 12:04 AM
I just saw Up! on CMT. for some reason this verion looked different. Some of the scenes of Shania hanging up stuff, looked different. Or, I have I just stayed up to late? :p

-Chris

AINAHS
01-29-2003, 05:44 PM
You tell us my friend!?:D

Bryce
01-29-2003, 07:07 PM
The only difference I've noticed is the audio. The version MMM is playing is the Red and CMT Canada is playing the Green. Other than that they both seem to have the same video.

Bryce

kirppu
02-01-2003, 07:49 PM
Oh please, just one version hehe

Steve F
02-02-2003, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by cbspock
I just saw Up! on CMT. for some reason this verion looked different. Some of the scenes of Shania hanging up stuff, looked different. Or, I have I just stayed up to late? :p

-Chris

This is the same thought I had Chris. When I saw the video on-line at some site which now I can't recall, there seemed to be some differecnes from the one I've taped prior from CMT. I have yet to see a popor "red" version on VH1 or anywhere else it might show up on those venues. So, I'm a little in the dark on this, but I wouldn't think they would change it just for pop, or maybe they would!:confused:

Steve

Roger
02-02-2003, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by Bryce
The only difference I've noticed is the audio. The version MMM is playing is the Red and CMT Canada is playing the Green. Other than that they both seem to have the same video.

Bryce

I agree. I have both versions back to back on tape. I have watched both one after the other (although not recently) and I didn't notice any differences in the visuals. If there are any, I guess they are too subtle for me.

Roger

Mary R
02-05-2003, 11:59 PM
Well, I was thinking there was a difference too Chris. I thought that in the premiere UP video in some of those scenes Shania was moving in a more speedy motion, but the recent showings of the UP video Shania seems to be moving a little slower during those sections. So, maybe I'm seeing things too!

Mary R

Roger
02-06-2003, 09:28 AM
Originally posted by Mary R
Well, I was thinking there was a difference too Chris. I thought that in the premiere UP video in some of those scenes Shania was moving in a more speedy motion, but the recent showings of the UP video Shania seems to be moving a little slower during those sections. So, maybe I'm seeing things too!

Mary R

Well, it is possible you are right Mary. The country and pop versions of Up! that I have on tape were recorded on the first day they were aired. But the IGGG video changed after they first released it. Maybe people found the movements in the original Up! video a little too jerky.

Roger

Steve F
02-06-2003, 06:16 PM
I am still not sure about this, but there is something else I was going to mention awhile back and I forgot. One day I was reading a book and watching CMT videos. I was keeping an eye out for IGGG and finally they played it. Expecting the country version, I began to notice some differences. For example, the robot has different color eyes on the pop and country versions. As I sit here typing, I can't remember which is which, but as I watched, I am pretty sure it was the pop video. Is that possible? Or was I dreaming? Has anyone else detected this, or am I just mistaken? The next time I saw it on CMT a couple of days later, it was the country version. Are they using both maybe? I don't know, but I swear they were playing the pop version. There were the different shots of her that you see on the VH1 one and after I realized it, I listened for fiddles, but heard nothing.

Stev

cbspock
02-06-2003, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by Steve F
I am still not sure about this, but there is something else I was going to mention awhile back and I forgot. One day I was reading a book and watching CMT videos. I was keeping an eye out for IGGG and finally they played it. Expecting the country version, I began to notice some differences. For example, the robot has different color eyes on the pop and country versions. As I sit here typing, I can't remember which is which, but as I watched, I am pretty sure it was the pop video. Is that possible? Or was I dreaming? Has anyone else detected this, or am I just mistaken? The next time I saw it on CMT a couple of days later, it was the country version. Are they using both maybe? I don't know, but I swear they were playing the pop version. There were the different shots of her that you see on the VH1 one and after I realized it, I listened for fiddles, but heard nothing.

Stev

CMT had two versions:

The first was the original release, with hardly any full body shots of Shania, and no sound effects.

The second version was the "pop" version of the video with the country version of the song, with sound effects. This had different shots of Shania in the box.

There is a rumored 3rd version, with just Shania in the box, no chase, the only place I have seen it was on line.

-Chris

kirppu
02-07-2003, 12:38 PM
Shania sure keeps us confused and guessing. What a way to wanna be hehe

FV
02-07-2003, 05:54 PM
Has anyone focused on the back up vocals on the song? I think Mutt sounds pretty funny when he sings "Don't you worry about it"...:BL

cbspock
02-07-2003, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by FV
Has anyone focused on the back up vocals on the song? I think Mutt sounds pretty funny when he sings "Don't you worry about it"...:BL

Kinda like he sounded on Def Leppard's Rock of Ages.

-Chris

Steve F
02-08-2003, 09:08 AM
Thanks Chris for the info.:)

Steve

kirppu
02-09-2003, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by FV
Has anyone focused on the back up vocals on the song? I think Mutt sounds pretty funny when he sings "Don't you worry about it"...:BL Yup, lately I´ve been listening UP! with Walkman and I´ve noticed the backup singing more clearly and also noticed this :D hehe

AINAHS
02-09-2003, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by kirppu
Yup, lately I´ve been listening UP! with Walkman and I´ve noticed the backup singing more clearly and also noticed this :D hehe ..that Mutt sounds "funny"?:eek:

kirppu
02-09-2003, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by AINAHS
..that Mutt sounds "funny"?:eek: hehe

cbspock
03-03-2003, 11:34 PM
Well, I saw it on VH1, and I have to say, I like the video better with the country version.

-Chris

Esther
03-04-2003, 04:00 AM
Originally posted by cbspock
CMT had two versions:

The first was the original release, with hardly any full body shots of Shania, and no sound effects.

The second version was the "pop" version of the video with the country version of the song, with sound effects. This had different shots of Shania in the box.

There is a rumored 3rd version, with just Shania in the box, no chase, the only place I have seen it was on line.

-Chris

thanks!!! :bouncing