PDA

View Full Version : ups cd

sexydevil
02-20-2003, 08:59 AM
:confused: Hey yal. my name is Jill. I have the ups cd and been playing it alot ok. And now its starting to skip. Need yalls opinion ok. Should i throw the one that skips away and go buy another ups cd or not. Tell me your opinions ok. Please email me at sneekyreddevi@aol.com Ok. Please send me emails aout this situation ok. Jill

canadarocks
02-20-2003, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by sexydevil
:confused: Hey yal. my name is Jill. I have the ups cd and been playing it alot ok. And now its starting to skip. Need yalls opinion ok. Should i throw the one that skips away and go buy another ups cd or not. Tell me your opinions ok. Please email me at sneekyreddevi@aol.com Ok. Please send me emails aout this situation ok. Jill

Alot of facters can explain this
1. do you clean your cd everytime you use it?
2. do you clean your cd player regularly.The heads can get dirty.
3. is there any scratches oh your "up" cd?

I think if it was working before and not working now,I don't think it is a problem with the cd ,unless it is scratched.You can scracth cds. Clean your player with a machine you can buy at a record store. Always clean your cd before using.

jen
02-20-2003, 09:27 AM
;) YEAH, buy another one - that one is shot!! My Up cd is also doing the same thing, I have pratically worn it out. :D

sexydevil
02-21-2003, 05:09 AM
:D Jill here again,

Thanks yal for the reply back. Well i took the ups cd and played it in the cars cd player and guess what it dont skip or nuthing. So i think my cd player in the house needs to be cleaned. And yes i wipe it off everytime i play it but that dont do no good it still skips. So i think i need to just clean the cd player in the house. Jill

cbspock
02-21-2003, 07:18 AM
If the CD has light scratches in it, use Car Wax to buff them out. I know it sounds weird, but it works. Use a soft cloth, put a tiny amount on wax on it, and gently rub from the center out, do not swirl the cloth, just straight lines.

-Chris

stwainfan
02-21-2003, 12:17 PM
glad it's working :)

Steve F
02-22-2003, 01:53 PM
Gee Spock hit me with something I didn't know car wax? Does it matter what brand Chris? I agree with the method of cleaning, i.e., from the center out, although I feel like going round as that is how you used to clean 45's and 33+1/3 RPMs. I would also like to point out that for those who don't want to use wax, you can get a pretty good CD Cleaning Kit and CD Player Cleaning Kit at Radio Shack, or Wal-Mart or other outlets. I have both and they have always done a good job for me.

As far as wearing out UP goes, how many times can you play a CD before wearing it out? I thought CDs were pretty durable as opposed to cassettes and records. I've never worn one out yet. However, I am playing my first copy of UP a lot, especially the red one. So far no problems, except for my wife who can't understand how I can keep listening to UP over and over again. She pointed out that I listen to it at home, in my van, everywhere! But I fooled her this week going to and from work I listened to Elvis' 30 #1 Hits all week. That didn't work either. She then pointed out to me that even though I have "tons" of CDs [which I do] all I ever seem to listen to is Elvis and Shania. No plea bargain, I'm guilty as charged!:D In my defense however, I must point out that occasionly I do listen to some of my other CDs, believe me!!!:D :D :D

Steve