PDA

View Full Version : Sass & Bluegrass

cbspock
04-08-2003, 10:28 PM
Sass & Bluegrass
Shania Twain surprised viewers of Monday's CMT Flameworthy 2003 Video Music Awards by performing her ballad "Forever and For Always" with all-acoustic accompaniment by Alison Krauss & Union Station. "It probably does the song more justice than anything else we've done," Shania says of the performance. "There's more sides to me than the cheeky, sassy female," she adds. Tennessean.com
http://www.countrynow.com/home/1,,wusn,00.html

So, it took Shania singing acoustic, to get brownie points with the trads...lol

-Chris

DOC BILL
04-09-2003, 06:58 AM
That presentation of the song essentially defined country music! If they aren't happy with that presentation on a country awards show then too bad for them! She blew me away with the presentation. DOC

byrdman
04-09-2003, 08:01 AM
Originally posted by DOC BILL
She blew me away with the presentation. DOC

Me too!!:) :D

Al

sas
04-09-2003, 08:38 AM
:Bthumb

FV
04-09-2003, 08:48 AM
Originally posted by sas
:Bthumb
Absolutely!:BL how can I disagree with other Shania fans?:BL Her rendition of the song with Alisson was GREAT! :GL

Debbie
04-09-2003, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by FV
Absolutely!:BL how can I disagree with other Shania fans?:BL Her rendition of the song with Alisson was GREAT! :GL

Add me to the list who were blown away!! Oh how I would LOVE an acoustic album. I know that there are many of us who would love it, I'm just not sure that Shania nows that there are many of us who would - it would be a commercial success!:Bthumb

cbspock
04-09-2003, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by Debbie
Add me to the list who were blown away!! Oh how I would LOVE an acoustic album. I know that there are many of us who would love it, I'm just not sure that Shania nows that there are many of us who would - it would be a commercial success!:Bthumb

There has to be a way for the fans to let her know.

-Chris

sas
04-09-2003, 06:29 PM
The tremendous explosion of applause after the performance should send some sort of message to her. Everyone LOVED IT!