PDA

View Full Version : "One Of My Most Embarrassing Moments"

cbspock
04-11-2003, 10:39 PM
http://www.chartattack.com/damn/2003/04/0810.cfm

http://www.chartattack.com/pics/2003/04/08-shaniacanuck.jpg

The dresses, the corny jokes, the pure Canadianess of it all — Shania Twain may not have been the hippest Juno host, but she got the job done. The world’s most famous country-pop singer proved that she was a good sport this past weekend when she not only hosted Sunday night’s Juno telecast, but was also one of the few superstar winners who attended the untelevised portion of the awards (where she picked up the Country Recording Of The Year Award) and, best of all, she was more than willing to talk to the press.

The first question on everybody’s mind: What was up with those goofy dresses?

"The ‘Up!’ video features a Montreal Canadiens jersey and my sister said ‘You know, you’re going to have to even that out somehow to the rest of Canada. Why don’t you wear other shirts throughout the show?’" Shania said, while clad in a glittery asymmetrical Edmonton Oilers gown. "And I thought, why not just do it as an outfit for each team and it actually turned out that I was coming out to match the exact number of teams we had [six]."

Despite the glitzy dresses, much has been made of Shania’s un-diva-like behaviour, and truth be told, she did her best to prove to everyone that she’s just a down-to-earth gal. Her, er, normalness was confirmed when a confused Twain bumbled her acceptance of the Fans’ Choice Award, going to accept it on stage while presenters Theory Of A Deadman were waiting to give it to her amongst the fans in the audience.

"It wasn’t really a night that I was focusing on winning — which was obvious," Twain said laughing. "I didn’t even know where to go to get that one award — what a total doorknob thing to do. I just wanted to show off my dress! That’ll go up as one of my most embarrassing moments, now that I think of it. I do appreciate the awards, but I wanted more to enjoy the whole experience on the other side."

While Shania was certainly the star of the show, she graciously gave props to her one-time protegee Avril Lavigne, who took home the most awards of the night. As the legend has it, a young Avril joined Shania on stage years ago after winning a youth singing competition.

"After she came up on stage with me and did her thing, it happened that a relative of mine knows her family and we kept in touch through email on her progress," Shania explained. "So it’s very exciting to follow everything she’s achieved over the last three years. I got to chat with her — I don’t know where we were, we were somewhere off in the world, staying in the same hotel and we just got together and talked for a while. We both have so much in common. It’s really wonderful — she’s just a real Canadian girl, it’s nice to see her doing so well."

Now that the Junos are over, Shania’s getting to work preparing for her upcoming tour in support of Up! No tour dates have been announced just yet, but she promises that Canada will be on the top end of the tour, which will begin this fall.

cbspock
04-11-2003, 10:44 PM
It wasn’t really a night that I was focusing on winning — which was obvious," Twain said laughing. "I didn’t even know where to go to get that one award — what a total doorknob thing to do. I just wanted to show off my dress!

"total doorknob"......lol I love her expressions..

-chris

Joeleen
04-12-2003, 10:30 PM
"Doorknob" hahah
do you think she's reffering to the "from this moment" video?...lol:D

cbspock
04-12-2003, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by Joeleen
"Doorknob" hahah
do you think she's reffering to the "from this moment" video?...lol:D

Never thought of that!!! It would be a funny reference, I think only her fans would get that reference.

-Chris

cbspock
04-13-2003, 02:10 PM
Well, let's not forget that "doorknob moment"

http://www.shania-twain.org/mb/attachment.php?s=&postid=77451

-Chris

cbspock
04-13-2003, 02:12 PM
and the wonderful reaction.....

http://www.shania-twain.org/mb/attachment.php?s=&postid=77452