Shania Boards

Shania Boards (http://www.shaniafans.com/mb/index.php)
-   World Tour and Las Vegas Residency 2019-20 (http://www.shaniafans.com/mb/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   Fan Review :Mohegan Sun Arena Uncasville, CT Oct 15, 2003 (presented by WWYZ) (http://www.shaniafans.com/mb/showthread.php?t=11441)

hod 10-16-2003 09:54 AM

Fan Review : Mohegan Sun Arena - Uncasville, CT - Oct 15, 2003

Shapely Shania's appearance tonight in the New England area was another spectacular and enjoyable performance. Shania emerged onto the stage from the aisle wearing a #1 SUN basketball jersey http://www.wnba.com/sun/ (red with yellow accents on each side) proving without a doubt that she IS #1 and "Cowboy Up" cannot phase Shania Up"! (Shania , Where did you get those cute, "CRAZY", athletic shoes? I want some of those!)

Another saga for the wardrobe scene as we sat in the Mohegan Sun Arena, the SUN jersey enhanced the beautiful setting offered by Mohegan Sun itself (www.mohegansun.com) as her casually-comfortable black warm-up pants got all the guys sitting around me pretty darn warmed up. In fact I was readily showered in beer as the "gentleman" in front of me attempted to place his beer bottle in the drink holder of the arm of his seat but it fell right through and onto the ground giving ME that "champagne welcome" (too bad Shania, you lost out on that action). But the night was just beginning and we were in for a great night of our "shining Shania star performance".

The wardrobe scene was a "tad bit" familiar to me when she appeared with the zipper-accented black pants I'd seen in Albany, NY on Sat 10/11 (I"d like to own those, too :) ) but they were now accented in TWO colors ( baby blue and pink which appeared to have a slight hue of lavender). Shania's sleeveless top matched beautifully with this multi-color theme (sorry guys, no belly view this time). It was windy outside and sorta cool in the arena where I was sitting so maybe she was cool too (or maybe my "beer-bath" had something to do with my coolness...HA HA).

Later Shania was seen sporting a Connecticut College T-shirt http://www.conncoll.edu/ with the word "UP!" written across the back (but below the belt where most guys seemed to be focused when her back was toward us :) )

This is the third concert I've seen in her current tour and I love them all! From Boston MA to Albany NY to Uncasville CT, the actual arenas went from large to smaller to smaller but Shania's Show works so well in all these environments (I'm sure the stage crew get a big workout and challenge in pulling this off so well. Thanks to all of those individuals who create the environment for our Shania to shine.)

My favorite fan highlight was when Shania recognized the "absence of Eric" (the young man who proposed to his girlfriend in Albany NY and who had at that time attended 20 of her concerts this year). He's not GONE but just unable to get tickets to this quickly sold-out smaller arena. The rest of you out there need to tell us when you spot Eric again, OK?

What a gal Shania is to remind us fans of how much we each mean to her!!! So all of you fans out there, remember that Shania loves YOU!!!! :)

side note: Game 6 of the (baseball) American League Championship Series is now tied as the pennant is only a game away because the Red Sox rallied to win today's game against the Yankees. Tomorrow's game will be a Winner-takes-all game for one of these teams. And who might that winner be??? Shanis wore Red Sox shirt last week in Boston - maybe that was what broke the jinx.

WE LOVE YOU TOO, SHANIA

LOVE, Carolyn

PS: and here is link to a Review by Norwich Bulletin :

http://www.norwichbulletin.com/news/updates/1531.html

FV 10-16-2003 10:37 AM

Re: Fan Review : Mohegan Sun Arena - Uncasville, CT - Oct 15, 2003

Thanks for the review! ANother Shania fan having a GREAT time! :)

Quote:
Originally posted by hod
In fact I was readily showered in beer as the "gentleman" in front of me attempted to place his beer bottle in the drink holder of the arm of his seat but it fell right through and onto the ground giving ME that "champagne welcome" (too bad Shania, you lost out on that action).

Not fun for sure....

Quote:
This is the third concert I've seen in her current tour and I love them all! From Boston MA to Albany NY to Uncasville CT, the actual arenas went from large to smaller to smaller but Shania's Show works so well in all these environments (I'm sure the stage crew get a big workout and challenge in pulling this off so well. Thanks to all of those individuals who create the environment for our Shania to shine.)

Yes, a HUGE Thanks to the stage crew too for the excellent job! :D

Quote:
Game 6 of the (baseball) American League Championship Series is now tied as the pennant is only a game away because the Red Sox rallied to win today's game against the Yankees. Tomorrow's game will be a Winner-takes-all game for one of these teams. And who might that winner be??? Shanis wore Red Sox shirt last week in Boston - maybe that was what broke the jinx.

I am hoping too!! but do not tell Spock or Bruce here...;)

cbspock 10-16-2003 10:56 AM

Shania wore a Yankee Jersey in NYC last, so the curse continues :D

-Chris

hod 10-16-2003 11:12 AM

Hi Chris,

My husband said that he will bet you his autographed Shania Baseball ( for your Shania Doll ) that the Red Sox will win it ;-)

- Carolyn

hod 10-16-2003 11:33 AM

I added this link
http://www.norwichbulletin.com/news/updates/1531.html

_Carolyn

October 16, 2003 12:31 AM.
"Perfect Twain gives fans what they want"

David Pencek
Norwich Bulletin

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

While the country/pop superstar gave her fans everything they wanted, she also didn’t convert any detractors who say she’s a studio creation of her husband’s, one Mutt Lange.
During the first half of the concert, Twain appeared to be on autopilot, especially when she sang and signed autographs at the same time. Whenever she walked around the in-the-round stage design, Twain would stop every so often to sign somebody’s ticket, hat or shirt. Twain interacted with the crowd constantly, which is to her credit and shows an appreciation she has for her fans. It’s also why she likely deviated little from her studio sound.
Twain, who entered the arena wearing a red Connecticut Sun jersey and black pants, went through the first half of her set list so quickly, fans barely had a chance to show their appreciation for one song before she began the next one.
She opened with “Man! I Feel Like A Woman!” She followed that with “Up!,” the title track to her latest album. While 10 of Twain’s 24 songs came from her new album, it was material from her previous two CDs that drew the best response.
One should note here that actually the best response of the night may have been when one of Twain’s band members cheered on the Boston Red Sox win over the New York Yankees.
Twain ended the first half with “Whose Bed Have Your Boots Been Under.” She went underneath the stage while her nine band members introduced one another. When she returned to sing “From This Moment,” she wore a flowery, tie-dye tank top.
The second half was better-paced. It included a medley of songs, including “When” and “You Win My Love.” Twain also sang “The Woman In Me” from one of the arena seats while fans surrounded her.
Another second half highlight came when two New London firefighters joined Twain on stage because they won a drawing to have their picture taken with her. And the second half ended with a performance by some percussion players from the Norwich Free Academy Band. They joined Twain on stage for “(If You’re Not In It For Love) I’m Outta Here!”
Twain’s three-song encore, for which she wore a white University of Connecticut T-shirt, included “You’re Still The One,” “Any Man Of Mine” and “Rock This Country.”
The night ended with some pyrotechnic sparklers coming down on Twain and confetti raining down from the arena ceiling.
It was a perfect ending to a near perfect night. And whatever side of the Shania Twain debate one comes down on, you likely saw what you expected.
Set list: “Man! I Feel Like A Woman!;” “Up!;” “Honey, I’m Home;” “C’est La Vie;” “Forever And For Always;” “Love Gets Me Every Time;” “She’s Not Just A Pretty Face;” “Don’t Be Stupid (You Know I Love You);” “When You Kiss Me;” “I’m Not In The Mood (To Say No!);” Whose Bed Have Your Boots Been Under;” “From This Moment;” “Thank You Baby!;” “No One Needs To Know Right Now;” “The Woman In Me;” “That Don’t Impress Me Much!;” “What A Way To Wanna Be!;” (medley) “When”/“You Win My Love”/“Come On Over”/“I’m Holdin’ On To Love (To Save My Life);” “I’m Gonna Getcha Good;” “In My Car (I’ll Be The Driver);” “(If You’re Not In It For Love) I’m Outta Here!;” (encore) “You’re Still The One;” “Any Man Of Mine;” “Rock This Country.”

Bruce 10-16-2003 11:38 AM

Hey FV - you're a Red Sox fan?

Good thing for you that we have Shania in common, otherwise I would have to hate you. I can forgive you for a poor choice in judgement regarding your team of choice, since you have excellent taste in singers.

Spock - we will win tonight - after all, Shania needs 1 team in the World Series, after the Cubs continued their Billy Goat curse last night.

To paraphrase from Amok Time - The Curse of the Bambino is not logical, but it is often true.

Debbie 10-16-2003 11:42 AM

Carolyn,

It sounds like you have had a great time at all three of your concerts. Sorry that the guy spilled his beer all over you and I'm glad that you did not let it ruin your Shania experience!:)

cbspock 10-16-2003 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bruce
Hey FV - you're a Red Sox fan?

Good thing for you that we have Shania in common, otherwise I would have to hate you. I can forgive you for a poor choice in judgement regarding your team of choice, since you have excellent taste in singers.

Spock - we will win tonight - after all, Shania needs 1 team in the World Series, after the Cubs continued their Billy Goat curse last night.

To paraphrase from Amok Time - The Curse of the Bambino is not logical, but it is often true.

It would have been cool for the cubs to get into the series. Shania would have been the only singer this year to wear both jerseys of teams in the series.

-Chris

cbspock 10-21-2003 10:29 PM

-Chris