Shania Boards

Shania Boards (http://www.shaniafans.com/mb/index.php)
-   Shania in the news (http://www.shaniafans.com/mb/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Nov. 3: Shania To Co-Host Canada AM! (http://www.shaniafans.com/mb/showthread.php?t=15643)

cbspock 10-26-2004 06:23 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by jen
what was the record? If you think about it not many artists of Shania's calliber do this anymore, so its very classy of her:)

A lot, I don't remember the number.

-Chris

Jud 10-30-2004 12:00 AM

Idol winner Kalan Porter joining Shania Twain for live downtown telecast

Canadian Press

Friday, October 29, 2004

TORONTO (CP) - In his latest public appearance since winning CTV's Canadian Idol contest earlier this year, Kalan Porter will perform on the special Canada AM telecast next Wednesday morning, which will air live outdoors from Toronto's Yonge-Dundas Square.

The show will be co-hosted by superstar Shania Twain who will join Canada AM regulars Beverly Thomson, Seamus O'Regan and Jeff Hutcheson. Twain will also star in a CTV network music special, but no airdate has been set.

Porter is scheduled to sing his new single, Awake in a Dream. Canada AM airs from 6:30 a.m. to 9 a.m. ET. Twain will co-host from 8 to 9 during which she is expected to discuss her homecoming and her upcoming greatest hits CD.

http://www.canada.com/news/story.ht...b2-a0eb6b6e4bc9

jen 10-30-2004 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Jud
[B]The show will be co-hosted by superstar Shania Twain who will join Canada AM regulars Beverly Thomson, Seamus O'Regan and Jeff Hutcheson. Twain will also star in a CTV network music special, but no airdate has been set.

Wahooo! Yet another special to bee seen and recorded. The vcr's in the next month or two will be working double time:)

corran 10-30-2004 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by jen
COOL!! Forget Shania day......November really is Shania month!!! This women is all over the place, when she works she works!!:)

Thanks for the link can't wait to watch it!

Thats right Jen November seems to the Shania's month and it was true also for last year but Shania's music is coming out everywhere I turn...I love it...So Shania is getting an early start this month on November...

Benajmin:)

corran 10-30-2004 07:27 PM

Here is more news about Shania's appearance on Canada AM. Shania is in good company too with Beverly Thomson, Seamus O'Regan and Jeff Hutcheson. The article also mentions that Shania is going to be on CTV network music special but no date is mentioned...

World STORY
Idol winner Kalan Porter joining Shania Twain for live downtown telecast

Canadian Press

Saturday, October 30, 2004

Finalist Kalan Porter of Medicine Hat, Alta. performs during the opening number of Canadian Idol's final show. (CP/Frank Gunn)

ADVERTISEMENT

TORONTO (CP) - In his latest public appearance since winning CTV's Canadian Idol contest earlier this year, Kalan Porter will perform on the special Canada AM telecast next Wednesday morning, which will air live outdoors from Toronto's Yonge-Dundas Square.

The show will be co-hosted by superstar Shania Twain who will join Canada AM regulars Beverly Thomson, Seamus O'Regan and Jeff Hutcheson. Twain will also star in a CTV network music special, but no airdate has been set.

Porter is scheduled to sing his new single, Awake in a Dream. Canada AM airs from 6:30 a.m. to 9 a.m. ET. Twain will co-host from 8 to 9 during which she is expected to discuss her homecoming and her upcoming greatest hits CD.

© The Canadian Press 2004

Link:

http://www.canada.com/news/national...b2-a0eb6b6e4bc9

Benjamin:)

dax 11-02-2004 09:55 PM

I watched canada am this morning and the hosts said they may get Shania to do the weather .:HA

Shaniafan2000 11-02-2004 11:07 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by dax
I watched canada am this morning and the hosts said they may get Shania to do the weather .:HA

Wow, if she did the weather, I'd have a good reason to stay tuned into a newscast.. :BL :)

~Steven

jen 11-03-2004 12:47 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by dax
HAHA, that would be cool:) I forgot will this be streamed live so everyone can see it?

kirppu 11-03-2004 06:13 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by dax
:hyst:

Oh, Shania weather is easy to forecast... rain and snow hehe

jen 11-03-2004 09:06 AM

Shania Twain returns to co-host Canada AM
CTV.ca News Staff

Pop and country music superstar Shania Twain made a return visit to Canada AM Wednesday, braving the chilly morning temps to co-host the show live from Dundas Square in the heart of Toronto's downtown.

Dressed in a quilted pink satin bomber jacket, Twain happily signed autographs for eager fans who had gathered in the square to see the Canadian-born star.

Along with hosts Seamus O'Regan, Beverly Thomson, and Jeff Hutcheson, Twain practised slap shots with Toronto Maple Leafs Tie Domi and Chris Pronger and former Leaf Doug Gilmour.

She then helped Chef Kevin Phillip of the Delta Chelsea Hotel whip up two breakfast recipes named in her honour: Party for Two smoothies, and Man! I Feel Like a Waffle.

The broadcast also featured an appearance by Kalan Porter, this year's Canadian Idol, who performed his new hit single "Awake in a Dream."

Twain told the show she was happy to return to her hometown of Timmins, Ont. on Tuesday to inaugurate the Shania Twain Centre built in her honour.

"I was just really proud,'' she said of the facility that opened in July 2001.

At the ceremony, Twain apologized for the three years it had taken her to squeeze in a visit, then finally cut the ribbon.

"I do have to say I have to apologize for this taking so long. But if you don't know the story: I was very far along in my pregnancy when it opened and also in the last two years I've been on tour," she said to a shivering crowd of fans gathered for the ceremony.

Adding a thank-you to her fans for their patience, a outburst of happy screams suggested the apology might not have been necessary.

After touring the facility that houses her many trophies and flamboyant outfits as well as her wedding dress, Twain announced she wouldn't change a thing about the museum.

"I think it's first class -- and not because I happen to be the subject in there," she said.

"I think when fans come here from all over the world they're going to get a really honest representation of who I am and where I'm from."

Twain, who made her fame in Nashville and now lives in Switzerland, last visited her hometown in 2000, when she dropped in on her high school reunion.

"Shania's Homecoming," a one-hour special hosted by CTV's Ben Mulroney will air Monday, Nov. 29 at 8 p.m. ET on CTV.

Shania Twain's Greatest Hits, a new album chronicling 18 of Twain's biggest hits as well as three new songs, will be released on Nov. 9, by Universal Music Canada.

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNe...?hub=TopStories

jen 11-03-2004 09:14 AM

WATCH some of it here: http://www.ctv.ca/news# .....just scroll down to the link!

jen 11-03-2004 09:35 AM

They also show more here, including shania playing hockey!!....GREAT SHOW http://www.ctv.ca/canadaam

jen 11-03-2004 09:50 AM

awwwww nope they cut off before she could play hockey but it is funny...good stuff! I hope somebody recorded this!!:)

Joni 11-03-2004 09:55 AM

Great video clips these are a MUST SEE!!!

Joni

Loonie Echo 11-03-2004 10:21 AM

I Was There - Shania was gorgeous!

Yipee!

What a great morning. I can't remember when I woke up so early (6:00am) - But it was worth it to see Shania!

I got down to Toronto's Yonge & Dundas square for about 7:00am - and there were already a couple of hundred people there. I wedged my way into a good spot behind a barrier near the front of the stage/platform.

It was THE best place to be because it was right by the entrance way where Shania was entering and exiting. She was there for about an hour co-hosting the show. She looked fantastic! She came over to me a couple of times - and she autographed my red Roots 'CANADA' baseball cap - the same one she wore in last year's interview with Ben Mulroney on CTV.

What else can I say? I think my photo may appear in the Toronto Star because they (and lots of other photographers) took my photo when Shania was giving me an autograph.
Look for me in the red CANADA baseball cap.

whoo hoo!
:)