Shania Boards

Shania Boards (http://www.shaniafans.com/mb/index.php)
-   North American Summer Tour 2018! (http://www.shaniafans.com/mb/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   Who else is going to Philly show? (http://www.shaniafans.com/mb/showthread.php?t=11350)

bmac 10-10-2003 02:43 PM

Who else is going to Philly show?

I know that byrdman and his lovely wife will be there. Is anybody else going to Philly tonight? Tricia & me are so excited!!!! Seeing Shania twice in one week is just too much!!!!! LOL!!!!:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

STfan4ever 10-10-2003 04:00 PM

Newbie here but I am also going to Philly tonight. Matter of fact after I click SUBMIT I am walking out the door!! I am so psyched!! After reading all the reviews posted from the other shows I know it will be awesome!! SHANIA WILL BE ROCKING SOUTH PHILLY TONIGHT!!!!

tower 10-10-2003 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by STfan4ever
Newbie here but I am also going to Philly tonight. Matter of fact after I click SUBMIT I am walking out the door!! I am so psyched!! After reading all the reviews posted from the other shows I know it will be awesome!! SHANIA WILL BE ROCKING SOUTH PHILLY TONIGHT!!!!

Welcome to the Boards STfan4ever, as I post this you will be getting ready to go inside the venue.

Have the best time ever! Yes Shania live is that good, and I do hope you get close and possibly get a high five or an autograph. You will get hyper during the concert and for days afterwards will think of nothing else.

You will bore all your friends talking about it for hours on end and after a few days get withdrawel symptoms that will require you to travel to the next venue for a second 'fix'

As an official "Level 2" Shania fan you will be fixated by thoughts of achieving "Level 3" Close up and personal.... This will pass with time, but the urge to attend a second live concert will NEVER leave you.

Like the rest you will exist from one concert to the next in a Shania La La land where you have to mix, meet and greet fellow addicts, as no one else understands the urge to talk, read, sing, listen, view Shania subjects all day, every day.

Like us you will have this urge to spread the Word, taking comfort in numbers knowing if you can get your next door addicted then perhaps you are OK really.

Welcome to ShaniaLand... enjoy.

bmac 10-10-2003 10:14 PM

Just back from the Philadelphia show!!! She was even better than she was the other night in New Jersey!!! I'm so tired, so I'll wait until morning to give my full report. Shania rocked Philly!!!! Woohoo!!!!

It was great seeing you Alan (Byrdman) and Arlene!!! Please post the pic that we took. I would but my puter is not cooperating.)

cbspock 10-10-2003 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bmac
Just back from the Philadelphia show!!! She was even better than she was the other night in New Jersey!!! I'm so tired, so I'll wait until morning to give my full report. Shania rocked Philly!!!! Woohoo!!!!

It was great seeing you Alan (Byrdman) and Arlene!!! Please post the pic that we took. I would but my puter is not cooperating.)

COOL!!! Can't wait to read the review!! I am so psyched for Sunday!

-Chris

bmac 10-11-2003 07:40 AM

Shania rocked South Philadelphia last night! She and Eja are fighting off colds she said, but she seemed to even more energy than she Wed night in NJ. The set list was identical to the NJ show with one exception: she sang Happy Birthday to a little nine year old girl named Allison. Lucky girl!!!

Shania wore a Philadelphia Flyers jersey to open the show. She told a couple of funny stories that related to the jersey. First, the Flyers had given her her own Flyers jersey back in 1999 when she sang the National Anthems of the US and Canada before a Flyers/Maple Leafs game in Philly. The jersey has "TWAIN" on the back and a big number "1" on it. The funny thing is that it's too big for her to wear or she would have worn it last night. The other story happened when she was a child in Timmins. She and her sister were foraging in a dump near their home for salvagable items when they found a perfectly good Flyers jersey in a bag of clothes. They kept the jersey and she wore it around the house for many years.

Next change had Shania in the yellow spaghetti strap shirt that she wore in NJ the other night, except this time she wore a pink shirt underneath that covered up her bare midriff. It was pretty cold in the Center last night, so maybe that's why the second shirt. Just a guess.

Last change put Shania in a Donovan McNabb/Philadelphia Eagles midnight green jersey! Go Eagles! E-A-G-L-E-S! EAGLES!!!! Anyway, I digress.

Most of the crowd was on their feet for the entire show. The Wachovia Center was rocking! The acoustics were much better than they were in the Continental Airlines Arena on Wed night. Shania and the band sounded so much better.

Having learned that Shania sings TWIM while sitting in the audience at the last show, Tricia and I tried our darndest to locate any markings that would indicate where Shania would be singing this time. We couldn't find anything to give her location away. Wed night two seats were clearly marked but we didn't know why. Something to look for when you go to see Shania.

YSTO was the first song of the encore. I listened more closely tonight Chris. LOL!

A couple of songs from Up! really rocked the house: In My Car, What A Way To Wanna Be, were exceptional!!! Great energy, phenomenal rhythms. Everybody in the house was dancing. Awesome! (All of the songs rocked, I just thought those two were the best.)

Must have been those great Philly Cheesesteaks! This was the best of the five Shania shows I've seen.

DOC BILL 10-11-2003 07:41 AM

OK Time to wake up and post on the Philly concert!!!!! DOC

bmac 10-11-2003 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by DOC BILL
OK Time to wake up and post on the Philly concert!!!!! DOC

There you go DOC!!! Hot off the presses!!!

Jud 10-11-2003 07:50 AM

Whole day (here its afternoon already) waited someone has the straight to put UP! a review!
Thanks! So happy for all of you having such agreat time!
Don't stop now with the stories!

cbspock 10-11-2003 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by bmac
Shania rocked South Philadelphia last night! She and Eja are fighting off colds she said, but she seemed to even more energy than she Wed night in NJ. The set list was identical to the NJ show with one exception: she sang Happy Birthday to a little nine year old girl named Allison. Lucky girl!!!

Shania wore a Philadelphia Flyers jersey to open the show. She told a couple of funny stories that related to the jersey. First, the Flyers had given her her own Flyers jersey back in 1999 when she sang the National Anthems of the US and Canada before a Flyers/Maple Leafs game in Philly. The jersey has "TWAIN" on the back and a big number "1" on it. The funny thing is that it's too big for her to wear or she would have worn it last night. The other story happened when she was a child in Timmins. She and her sister were foraging in a dump near their home for salvagable items when they found a perfectly good Flyers jersey in a bag of clothes. They kept the jersey and she wore it around the house for many years.

Next change had Shania in the yellow spaghetti strap shirt that she wore in NJ the other night, except this time she wore a pink shirt underneath that covered up her bare midriff. It was pretty cold in the Center last night, so maybe that's why the second shirt. Just a guess.

Last change put Shania in a Donovan McNabb/Philadelphia Eagles midnight green jersey! Go Eagles! E-A-G-L-E-S! EAGLES!!!! Anyway, I digress.

Most of the crowd was on their feet for the entire show. The Wachovia Center was rocking! The acoustics were much better than they were in the Continental Airlines Arena on Wed night. Shania and the band sounded so much better.

Having learned that Shania sings TWIM while sitting in the audience at the last show, Tricia and I tried our darndest to locate any markings that would indicate where Shania would be singing this time. We couldn't find anything to give her location away. Wed night two seats were clearly marked but we didn't know why. Something to look for when you go to see Shania.

YSTO was the first song of the encore. I listened more closely tonight Chris. LOL!

A couple of songs from Up! really rocked the house: In My Car, What A Way To Wanna Be, were exceptional!!! Great energy, phenomenal rhythms. Everybody in the house was dancing. Awesome! (All of the songs rocked, I just thought those two were the best.)

Must have been those great Philly Cheesesteaks! This was the best of the five Shania shows I've seen.

I loved "In My Car" in NJ, and in Chicago. The other rockin' song was "You Win My Love", wish it was not part of a medley.
Is it SUNDAY YET???????

-Chris

Debbie 10-11-2003 10:03 AM

Thanks bmac for the terrific review!:)

resessions 10-11-2003 10:50 AM

Thanks for the Philly report. I can hardly stand it that the Chicago show isn't until the 22nd. (and a week after that for Milwaukee) Oh yeah!

FV 10-11-2003 11:10 AM

It sounds like the show gets better and better every time!!!!!!!!!!:BL :Bthumb Thanks for the review!:GL

cbspock 10-11-2003 12:22 PM

Is it Sunday yet????? :D

-Chris

bmac 10-11-2003 08:57 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's a couple pics of Shania in the Donovan McNabb/Philadelphia Eagles jersey that a fellow-concert-goer took. I hope that Byrdman has some to post.