Shania Boards

Shania Boards (http://www.shaniafans.com/mb/index.php)
-   Shania in the news (http://www.shaniafans.com/mb/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Shania Mentor on American Idol: April 27-28! VIDCAPS (http://www.shaniafans.com/mb/showthread.php?t=21554)

Jud 08-18-2009 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anne-Marie
I hate these shows too, but I don't like anything on TV now a days. (except for some tv series) But she did shows like this in Europe, so I don't understand why some fans are so upset that she does AI. shrugs

Let's be glad she shows her face and stops hiding under a rock. I mean we will see her, hear her. How can that be wrong. :giggy:

And this Simon guy, I already hate him so if he is bad aganist Shania, it will only make me hate him more.

But still, I would rather see her on a charity concert are something like it.


When Shania did those shows in Europe, she was a performer, not a judge, first of all. secondly I was not happy at all about those either. But being a judge beside Corwell....

cbspock 08-18-2009 09:24 PM

Chicago is also the home of Oprah's show. I wonder if she will be making an appearance on that show as well?


-Chris

cbspock 08-18-2009 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jud
When Shania did those shows in Europe, she was a performer, not a judge, first of all. secondly I was not happy at all about those either. But being a judge beside Corwell....



She was a mentor on one of them as well.

This is all about exposure. You don't have to be happy about it, but it does get a lot of viewers.


-Chris

Jud 08-18-2009 09:30 PM

Exposure is not all.

cbspock 08-18-2009 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jud
Exposure is not all.



It is when you are trying to relaunch your career with a dead music industry, and need to get maximum exposure with the least amount of time.

Why don't we wait to see how this appearance turns out, we might be surprised.

-Chris

Jud 08-18-2009 09:47 PM

because for me it's not about how it will or will not turn out, but her paerticipation itself in AI.

cbspock 08-18-2009 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jud
because for me it's not about how it will or will not turn out, but her paerticipation itself in AI.



Ok.


-Chris

talkalot24 08-18-2009 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jud
because for me it's not about how it will or will not turn out, but her paerticipation itself in AI.


I'm pumped she will be on the show! Shania will be kind and offer advice to the contestants, and anytime someone is being nice to others, it is good in my book! :)

Jud 08-18-2009 10:24 PM

Good, enjoy it!

I don't care what she will do there.

AINAHS 08-18-2009 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jud
When Shania did those shows in Europe, she was a performer, not a judge, first of all. secondly I was not happy at all about those either. But being a judge beside Corwell....

Simon may leave the show in May when his contract is up:

Cowell, the often-acerbic British judge, has cast doubt on his own future with the show after his contract expires in May 2010 after repeated comments that he was getting bored with it.

Jackson's contract also expires in 2010 but he has not publicly indicated his wishes.

Despite sliding viewership, "American Idol" is still America's most watched TV show, drawing an average 26.3 million viewers to each episode in the last season that ended in May.

"American Idol" is seen in more than 100 countries and is a joint production between 19 Entertainment, a unit of CKX Inc, and FremantleMedia, a unit of British-based RTL Group, which is controlled by media giant Bertelsmann AG.

http://www.reuters.com/article/ente...E5740V020090805

talkalot24 08-18-2009 11:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jud
Good, enjoy it!


I will! :)

Quote:
I don't care what she will do there.

So when January gets here, you won't read the thread to find out what she said or look at the pictures that are posted here?

Mary R 08-18-2009 11:13 PM

I'm not a fan of AI at all, I just don't get into shows like that. The only
times I have watched the show was when Barry Manilow was on. So,
you can be sure, I will be watching when our fav gal singer Shania is on!

Mary R

cbspock 08-18-2009 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AINAHS
Simon may leave the show in May when his contract is up:

Cowell, the often-acerbic British judge, has cast doubt on his own future with the show after his contract expires in May 2010 after repeated comments that he was getting bored with it.

Jackson's contract also expires in 2010 but he has not publicly indicated his wishes.

Despite sliding viewership, "American Idol" is still America's most watched TV show, drawing an average 26.3 million viewers to each episode in the last season that ended in May.

"American Idol" is seen in more than 100 countries and is a joint production between 19 Entertainment, a unit of CKX Inc, and FremantleMedia, a unit of British-based RTL Group, which is controlled by media giant Bertelsmann AG.

http://www.reuters.com/article/ente...E5740V020090805




Doesn't Simon own the show???

-Chris

cbspock 08-18-2009 11:32 PM

Didn't some past contestants actually perform with Shania on her Come on Over tour?

-Chris

amanda122 08-19-2009 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbspock
Chicago is also the home of Oprah's show. I wonder if she will be making an appearance on that show as well?


-Chris


That would be awesome if she did.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:53 AM.

Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.