Shania Boards

Shania Boards (http://www.shaniafans.com/mb/index.php)
-   Shania in the news (http://www.shaniafans.com/mb/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Shania Mentor on American Idol: April 27-28! VIDCAPS (http://www.shaniafans.com/mb/showthread.php?t=21554)

tankandmaddie 08-17-2009 01:28 PM

Shania Mentor on American Idol: April 27-28! VIDCAPS

Caught this on people.com

Shania Twain to Guest Judge Idol Auditions?
August 17, 2009
First Posh, then Mary J. Blige ó and now Shania Twain? Weíre hearing that the country superstar might take a seat next to Simon Cowell as a guest judge at upcoming American Idol auditions.
Twain may fill Paula Abdulís vacant spot on the judging panel in Chicago on Aug. 30-31.
Blige teamed up with the Idol crew in Atlanta, while Victoria Beckham filled in for Abdul in Boston earlier this month. -ĖLisa Ingrassia and Anne Marie Cruz
TODD G-JOHN K/SPLASH NEWS ONLINE

http://tvwatch.people.com/2009/08/1...idol-auditions/

amanda122 08-17-2009 01:39 PM

Angie just posted the news on another message board. It would be good to see Shania on the juding panel.

FV 08-17-2009 01:46 PM

Great Catch! :D

Jud 08-17-2009 02:39 PM

Please no, that would be a low point.

Critizising others how they are singing or performing, making faces, riducule?
I so hope she won't do it.

Steve F 08-17-2009 02:48 PM

It gives her another area of expertise the way I see it. :) I say go for it, if it is true.

Steve

Jud 08-17-2009 02:49 PM

I won't watch it her or not. If she will do it, I am disappointed

SmackYouTwice 08-17-2009 03:23 PM

Why does a judge have such a negative conotation (or whatever that word is)?? There are judges... for a lot of things... Hmm?

Jud 08-17-2009 03:26 PM

Because the connext (AI) is negative, at least for me.
And the show is based on ridiculing and talking down people. Panem et circenses!

why would someone who once in the hard way tried to build a career as a young singer giving a hand to this is beyond me.

amanda122 08-17-2009 03:45 PM

If there's anyone who knows what they're talking about, it's Shania. She did all her struggling for years in bars/clubs and can relate to those who want their shot at the music thing.

talkalot24 08-17-2009 07:43 PM

I don't think Shania would be mean and negative. I think she would be sweet to everyone and give constructive feedback.

cbspock 08-17-2009 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by talkalot24
I don't think Shania would be mean and negative. I think she would be sweet to everyone and give constructive feedback.

I bet she could put Simon in his place, after dealing all these years with Mutt..lol

-Chris

cbspock 08-17-2009 08:05 PM

Will Shania Twain join Simon Cowell, Randy Jackson and Kara DioGuardi at the judges' panel on "American Idol"?

ET can confirm that yes, the country music sensation will chime in when the FOX mega-hit show takes auditions to Chicago.

Other guest judges that have been announced already include Victoria Beckham and Mary J. Blige.

http://www.etonline.com/news/2009/08/77631/

When will the show air? Wonder if the timing is right for a first single?

-Chris

FV 08-17-2009 08:54 PM

When does the show generally start on TV? September? I have never watched it, but I am gonna have to this time....let's hope we hear some good news about future music coming out...pretty pleeeaseeee... :nuts:

cbspock 08-17-2009 08:57 PM

I have no clue either, I don't watch the show, guess I have to tune in for the Shania episode.

-Chris

Jud 08-17-2009 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by talkalot24

the show is not built like that, it planned, and they will cut it for the maximum drama. I am not sure if in the end Shania will come cross sweet and constructive. Just open your neswpapers, negative sells not positive.
Corwell is the main actor there, its his show.

I wish she would not do it!

cbspock 08-17-2009 09:48 PM

I'm not a big fan of Idol, or the manufacturing it does. However a chance to see Shania after all this time, I won't complain too much. :p

-Chris

Jud 08-17-2009 09:59 PM

well, I won't see it, its a question of principle for me.

These shows has the wrong message about instant careers, instant money making, becaming an instant celebrity, spiced with mean remarks, ridiculation, turning one aginst the other, manipulations. They teach the worst value systems.
Today young people all they want is making money quick (with a hit) and becoming a celebrity...

cbspock 08-17-2009 10:09 PM

I'm curious to see what Shania does on it.

-Chris

Jud 08-17-2009 10:14 PM

Corwell already slammed Shania's music, and he won't let anyone steal the show.
I think he won't be nice to her.
Nothing good will come out from it.

cbspock 08-17-2009 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jud
Corwell already slammed Shania's music, and he won't let anyone steal the show.
I think he won't be nice to her.
Nothing good will come out from it.

Publicity is what will come out of it. :) Good, bad or indifferent. A chance for Shania to show her sense of humor, which she does on the shows in Europe and isn't given a chance to show here in the States.

-Chris

Jud 08-17-2009 10:31 PM

Well, she's a big girl, just hope she knows, everything has a price.

AINAHS 08-18-2009 12:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FV
When does the show generally start on TV? September? I have never watched it, but I am gonna have to this time....let's hope we hear some good news about future music coming out...pretty pleeeaseeee... :nuts:

I believe in January.

amanda122 08-18-2009 02:12 AM

Yes, the ninth season of American Idol will premiere in January 2010.

FinnFreak 08-18-2009 03:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jud

well, I won't see it, its a question of principle for me.

These shows has the wrong message about instant careers, instant money making, becaming an instant celebrity, spiced with mean remarks, ridiculation, turning one aginst the other, manipulations. They teaches the worst value systems.
today young people all they want is making money quick (with a hit) and becoming a celebrity...

I agree - the show is absolutely hideous.

John - hehe

amanda122 08-18-2009 04:13 AM

Hideous as it may be, it's one of the most watched shows in the US and Shania being a part of it is going to be good for audience viewings.

FV 08-18-2009 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AINAHS
I believe in January.

So far into the future? :OH I am hoping for some previews or photos before then...but if indeed the show airs in January...hmmmm...can you say possible album out next February? :SN

cbspock 08-18-2009 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FV
So far into the future? :OH I am hoping for some previews or photos before then...but if indeed the show airs in January...hmmmm...can you say possible album out next February? :SN

Let's hope for a big single debut at the CMA in November :)

Hope we aren't counting our chickens before they hatch ;)

-Chris

AINAHS 08-18-2009 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinnFreak
I agree - the show is absolutely hideous.

John - hehe

Most stuff on TV is pretty bad if you get right down to it.

It appeals to the lowest common denominator of society, in large part.

Jud 08-18-2009 12:12 PM

who nows?

One thing s sure, Shania will have to be careful with what she will say or with her facial impressions, they will be cut and edited to maximum effect - not necesserily in a good way.

RandyGK 08-18-2009 12:48 PM

Wow, I have to say Iím pretty disappointed in the negativity that seems to be going on! Iím so excited to see Shania do anything and Iíve missed her! Shania knows what she is doing and would never do anything negativeÖ.

Letís all show Shania a little faith; she will add something special to the show as she adds something special to everything that she does!

Welcome Back Shania!

amanda122 08-18-2009 01:22 PM

I'm sure Shania is ready to experiment with different things now that she is a changed woman since the divorce. AI being one of them.

cbspock 08-18-2009 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amanda122
I'm sure Shania is ready to experiment with different things now that she is a changed woman since the divorce. AI being one of them.

Divorced??? That hasn't happened yet.

-Chris

amanda122 08-18-2009 01:40 PM

Is Shania Twain on the comeback trail?

With new albums on the horizon from Whitney Houston and Mariah Carey snaring much of the mainstream press, there's one leading lady of pop music who could easily steal their thunder. Shania Twain will guest judge on "American Idol," it was confirmed Monday, in what was the latest quiver of action from what's been a rather quiet Twain camp of late.

A Twain return couldn't be better timed. The artist is one of the most responsible for broadening Nashville's pop appeal. It's Twain's songs such as "Man! I Feel Like a Woman" that fostered a country landscape that's open to everything from Miley Cyrus's "The Climb" to Taylor Swift's "Picture to Burn." Right now, with young country darlings such as Carrie Underwood and Kellie Pickler dominating the scene, the window is open for Twain to storm right in.

Will it happen next week? Twain's website is holding a countdown to her birthday Aug. 28, promising fans "a present." For now, you can stop by and leave your own wishes, and even submit a picture of yourself. Hopefully she's too busy in the studio to review each and every offering.

But there may not be reason to get too excited.

While Pop & Hiss hasn't received any indication from Twain's label reps that new music is on the way (we didn't exactly expect any, either), Twain's MySpace page may have spoiled the surprise. The site revealed that Twain's all-new fan club will launch Aug. 28. If that's it, then Twain is guilty of abusing the pop-culture countdown.

Yet one doesn't go on "American Idol" without something to promote -- the show in itself is a four-month-long promotional cycle. And back in June, Twain posted a note apologizing to fans for a lack of new music, writing, "I wish like crazy that I had new music by now since I dream of how fun it would be to see you all again out on tour with new songs to sing, but as most of you know, I have been side-tracked slightly over this past year."

Twain noted in dealing with her divorce from producer Robert John "Mutt" Lange she has returned to writing. But at the time, there wasn't any indication that anything was eminent. "Time has a way of making everything right, and it is my hope that good music will eventually come out of it."

Here's hoping it's before "American Idol" dumps some more kids upon Nashville (no offense, Bucky).

-- Todd Martens

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/musi...ack-trail.html

cbspock 08-18-2009 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyGK
Wow, I have to say Iím pretty disappointed in the negativity that seems to be going on! Iím so excited to see Shania do anything and Iíve missed her! Shania knows what she is doing and would never do anything negativeÖ.

Letís all show Shania a little faith; she will add something special to the show as she adds something special to everything that she does!

Welcome Back Shania!

I don't think its negativity, I think it is just over the choice of the show. Some people just don't like it, however from a practical standpoint I see it as a good move. Lots of people do watch the show, and getting attention right now in a positive way about music is great for Shania. It won't focus on her personal problems.

-Chris

amanda122 08-18-2009 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbspock
Divorced??? That hasn't happened yet.

-Chris

Wrong wording, separation.

Anne-Marie 08-18-2009 02:21 PM

I hate these shows too, but I don't like anything on TV now a days. (except for some tv series) But she did shows like this in Europe, so I don't understand why some fans are so upset that she does AI. shrugs

Let's be glad she shows her face and stops hiding under a rock. I mean we will see her, hear her. How can that be wrong. :giggy:

And this Simon guy, I already hate him so if he is bad aganist Shania, it will only make me hate him more.

But still, I would rather see her on a charity concert are something like it.

amanda122 08-18-2009 02:40 PM

Shania appeared on BBC's Fame Academy, Star Academy in France and Operacion Triunfo in Spain. The only best part about watching manufactured talent shows would be the auditions, because some people think they're seriously that good.

cbspock 08-18-2009 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anne-Marie
I hate these shows too, but I don't like anything on TV now a days. (except for some tv series) But she did shows like this in Europe, so I don't understand why some fans are so upset that she does AI. shrugs

Let's be glad she shows her face and stops hiding under a rock. I mean we will see her, hear her. How can that be wrong. :giggy:

And this Simon guy, I already hate him so if he is bad aganist Shania, it will only make me hate him more.

But still, I would rather see her on a charity concert are something like it.

Shatner did a great job of imitating Simon in the Celebrity video. Now that would be funny to see, Shatner and Shania. Atleast they would have horses in comon, and they are both from Canada

-Chris

cbspock 08-18-2009 04:34 PM

From CMT....

thought it would be almost impossible to fill Paula Abdul's shoes as a judge on American Idol. Even temporarily. Because she was always the nice one. The one who tempered criticism with praise. But now it looks like the folks at American Idol have found someone just as sweet to sit behind that judge's table: Shania Twain. She is reportedly the latest guest judge and will be taking part in the auditions in Chicago on Aug. 30-31. It's not the coming-out-of-retirement move I would've expected from her, but she's always been a vital part of what makes country so pop, so she's a good fit for this competition. Fox Entertainment Chairman Peter Rice says guest judges like Twain will be in place until they find the right permanent replacement. "What we need to find is someone who has great chemistry," he said. "It's really a casting job."

--

-Chris

Steve F 08-18-2009 04:41 PM

Here is one I found: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090818...an_idol_twain_1

I don't agree with most of you. I don't give a rat's.... about Simon or the rest of them and their sometimes stupid opinions. When they get down to the best ones, that is when someone like me who really enjoys people who can sing and perform on stage, enjoy it. Then it's great. That's why I watch, not for the judges. Unfortunately, it looks like Shania will be dealing with a lot of wannabes who should have not wasted their time, or the judges, since it's so early, but that is what a lot of folks enjoy, i.e., people who couldn't carry a tune if they had a bucket. hehe But, it will be nice to see her and I'm looking forward to that. I get the feeling new music is still far away if she is doing this however.

Steve