Shania Boards

Shania Boards (http://www.shaniafans.com/mb/index.php)
-   Shania in the news (http://www.shaniafans.com/mb/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   VCR ALERT-Intimate Portrait (http://www.shaniafans.com/mb/showthread.php?t=9825)

cbspock 06-15-2003 05:10 PM

VCR ALERT-Intimate Portrait
 
DON'T FORGET!!!!!





-chris

tankandmaddie 06-15-2003 05:28 PM

Lifetime has put up new exclusive interviews with Shania on their site. They are really nice!



http://lifetimetv.com/shows/ip/port...0306_video.html

AngelGuy 06-15-2003 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by tankandmaddie
Lifetime has put up new exclusive interviews with Shania on their site. They are really nice!



http://lifetimetv.com/shows/ip/port...0306_video.html


These are cool. Thanks for sharing!

cbspock 06-15-2003 05:57 PM

If this is what is going to be on the show, I think we will see more of Eileen Lange, than "Shania Twain"


Who is your hero?
Shania says, her mom is her hero.

What would she change in her life?
Shania says she would not change anything, no regrets.


What is your nickname?
Leeny and Woody

What is the way to your heart?
Generousity. [Shania was starting to say something else, but changed back to her original thought]

What do you do to be healthy?
Shania says she eats well, her diet is the key to health.

What is your favorite food?
Pie, [shania giggles] Fruit pie.

Favorite travel desitination?
So far it is Paris, since there are so many places I haven't been.

Favorite Book?
Shania really thinks about this, and says "The Liars Club"


-----------
I so can't wait for this special. Looks like this is going to be on the scale of "In her own words"

-Chris



[her earings look like little robots...lol]

Knight1 06-15-2003 06:26 PM

Canadian TV
 
Does anyone out there know if this show is being aired on any Canadian TV channel or can we get Lifetime on cable up here? Please respond.

Thanks

Sheri 06-15-2003 07:02 PM

If it's the typical Intimate Portrait - I watch it on a regular basis, this morning it was Connie Chung - then it's closer to the Katie Couric interview than In Her Own Words. Definitely she gets talked to, but there's narration, and a lot of talking to other people plus a little film footage here and there.

cbspock 06-15-2003 07:02 PM

"The Liars Club"

Is that about Music Row????? :p hehe


Actually, here is what the books about:
Editorial Reviews

Amazon.com
In this funny, razor-edged memoir, Mary Karr, a prize-winning poet and critic, looks back at her upbringing in a swampy East Texas refinery town with a volatile, defiantly loving family. She recalls her painter mother, seven times married, whose outlaw spirit could tip into psychosis; a fist-swinging father who spun tales with his cronies--dubbed the Liars' Club; and a neighborhood rape when she was eight. An inheritance was squandered, endless bottles emptied, and guns leveled at the deserving and undeserving. With a raw authenticity stripped of self-pity and a poet's eye for the lyrical detail, Karr shows us a "terrific family of liars and drunks ... redeemed by a slow unearthing of truth."

cbspock 06-15-2003 08:39 PM

Some other things on the site...................

Five Things You Must Know...


Shania means "on my way" in the language of the Ojibwa Indians.

Twain donated proceeds from singing "God Bless the Child" to Kids Café, an organization that helps feed hungry children.

The video for her single "Dance With the One That Brought You" was directed by actor Sean Penn.

Twain's album "The Woman in Me" became the biggest-selling album in history by a female country singer.

She performed at the halftime show at the 2003 Super Bowl.

---------------

In Her Words...

"When I do videos, I wear clothes that flatter me...I spent so much of my youth hiding my body and wishing I was a guy."

cbspock 06-15-2003 08:43 PM

and..................

"I definitely felt pushed when I was a child to sing, to entertain. I just wanted to stay in my room and sing to myself."
— Shania Twain

Shania Twain: Country Survivor


Shania Twain (born Eileen Regina Edwards) was born in Windsor, Ontario, on August 28, 1965. When she was young, her parents divorced and Twain lived with her mom and two sisters. The kids were eventually adopted by their mom's new husband. The family struggled with poverty, and Twain's mother suffered from bouts of deep depression. Twain turned to singing to find happiness amid her harsh reality. In 1974, at the age of nine, she was already performing in honky-tonk clubs to help pay the family's bills. At age 12, Twain appeared on a local country show, and later she fronted a cover band, called Long Shot. In 1983, the teenager began singing full time after graduating from high school. However, her career came to a terrible halt when her parents were killed in a car crash in 1987.

Devastated, the 22-year-old Twain took on the task of raising her sisters and two half-brothers; she supported them with a singing gig at a tourist resort. By 1992, her siblings were all grown up and Twain began to focus on her career. Although she soon scored a recording contract, her big break turned out to be a disappointment — her debut album wasn't a hit.

In 1993, the struggling singer took a call from the legendary Robert "Mutt" Lang, a reclusive rock producer. The two began writing songs, and it wasn't long before they were making beautiful music together as husband and wife. Twain's second album, "The Woman in Me," which fused country with pop, was released in 1995. It was a smash success, spawning seven hit singles and winning Twain numerous awards. The 32-year-old's 1997 follow-up, "Come on Over," catapulted her to superstardom.

But after three years of touring and celebrity life, the performer needed a break. In 2000, she and her husband moved to Switzerland. The couple had a baby boy, Eja (pronounced "Asia"), in 2001. While she savored the tranquility of her life, Twain returned to the studio in 2002 to record the album "Up."

"I spent a lot of my life not famous. I'm not afraid to be that again."
— Shania Twain

tankandmaddie 06-15-2003 08:57 PM

"I spent a lot of my life not famous. I'm not afraid to be that again."
— Shania Twain

I love that quote. You can tell that Shania is not one of those snobby stars that live off their fame. She is real.

Bryce 06-15-2003 09:14 PM

Re: Canadian TV
 
Quote:
Originally posted by Knight1
Does anyone out there know if this show is being aired on any Canadian TV channel or can we get Lifetime on cable up here? Please respond.

Thanks


As far as I know its not available here in Canada.

Bryce

shabas 06-15-2003 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by cbspock
If this is what is going to be on the show, I think we will see more of Eileen Lange, than "Shania Twain"


Who is your hero?
Shania says, her mom is her hero.

What would she change in her life?
Shania says she would not change anything, no regrets.


What is your nickname?
Leeny and Woody

What is the way to your heart?
Generousity. [Shania was starting to say something else, but changed back to her original thought]

What do you do to be healthy?
Shania says she eats well, her diet is the key to health.

What is your favorite food?
Pie, [shania giggles] Fruit pie.

Favorite travel desitination?
So far it is Paris, since there are so many places I haven't been.

Favorite Book?
Shania really thinks about this, and says "The Liars Club"


-----------
I so can't wait for this special. Looks like this is going to be on the scale of "In her own words"

-Chris



[her earings look like little robots...lol]


Thanks only the first one worked on my computer :)

AINAHS 06-15-2003 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by shabas
Thanks only the first one worked on my computer :)
Same with me!:eek:

cbspock 06-15-2003 09:49 PM

Close that pop up that tells you to select speed and media player, then play the second one.


-Chris

shabas 06-15-2003 11:21 PM

oh ok thanks again

got my ready for intimate portrait! :)


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:00 AM.

Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.