Shania Boards

Shania Boards (http://www.shaniafans.com/mb/index.php)
-   World Tour and Las Vegas Residency 2019-20 (http://www.shaniafans.com/mb/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   St Paul, MN - Jun 04 (http://www.shaniafans.com/mb/showthread.php?t=14245)

Grace 06-05-2004 11:56 PM

St Paul, MN - Jun 04

St Paul, MN - People were arriving from as early as 5pm to queue by the doors. Everyone looked very excited.

Soundcheck started at 5pm (although the schedule said 4.30pm). Songs rehearsed were Whose Bed, DBS, TDIMM and MIFLAW. Shania was not present at the soundcheck.

The arena itself was jam packed with fans of all ages. To many locals, this was their 2nd Shania concert in MN, having attended the first one in October last year. There were many people carrying signs and glow sticks.

At around 8.45pm, Ariane finally took the stage to be behind the curtain dressed in the MIFLAW video outfit. If you wish to know more about Ariane, please refer to other thread. Ariane Martin is Shania's young wardrobe-person.

Shania told us that Eja was ill that afternoon, so she brought him to the St Paul Children's Hospital where they received very good treatment and everyone was very nice to them. The nurses wore NEMO tshirts. Shania recognised a lady in the crowd who was also wearing the NEMO tee..... this lady had just arrived from work and she was at the hospital that afternoon too. Anyway, Shania assured us that Eja is alright now.

During the show, Shania noticed a row of glow sticks right at the top of the arena (in the nose bleed seats) and invited the whole group down. So 6 little girls and 1 adult came down. She sang (without accompaniment) Ka-Ching and Waiter..... which were the fav songs of 2 little girls. The adult's fav song was FAFA but Shania said she had already sung that.

Later, Shania was intrigued as to why a guy sitting in the front row had a pair of binoculos with him !?? Quote "You're at the front row...... what exactly can you not see ??" He said he just couldn't see........ walking back to the stage, Shania said "well.... I hope I look ok to you".

A young guy sang YSTO with her. He did so rather well :) :) :)

2 young girls won the raffle.

She also called a boy and a girl up on stage who were there instead of their graduation in Wisconsin !!! The girl had the word UP written on the jeans of her butt !

Personally, yes, I think Shania still has problems with her voice, but she gave a 110% performance and I cannot fault her in anything. In certain parts on some songs, eg. AMOM especially, she spoke the words instead of singing them (like how Dolly sometimes do). It was still nice to me, as that, I take as improvisation :D

Shania wore a Timberwolves jersey (basketball) for her last outfit change.

Well, here are some pics for you guys. I will post more when I get back to London, as I'm not used to this American-style keyboard and am making mistakes and rather slow in typing !

cbspock 06-06-2004 12:09 AM

You don't use QWERTY keyboards in the UK???? So how long are you in the States for????

Wow, Shania brought Eja to the hospital, she must have been worried about him. I wonder if it is just first time mom worrying.

I was wondering who the MIFLAW "Shania" was. hehe hehe I'll have to post that old article on my site.

-Chris

Grace 06-06-2004 12:14 AM

Sorry guys, can't get URL address to work here...... will have to post you pics when I get back to London.....

Chris - any idea as to how to get into properties on an Apple Mac ??? Very frustrating to work with !!

Cheers !

cbspock 06-06-2004 12:15 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Grace
Sorry guys, can't get URL address to work here...... will have to post you pics when I get back to London.....

Chris - any idea as to how to get into properties on an Apple Mac ??? Very frustrating to work with !!

Cheers !

UGH... a MAC....I hate "toy" computers ;)

Nope.

-Chris

Grace 06-06-2004 12:18 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by cbspock
You don't use QWERTY keyboards in the UK???? So how long are you in the States for????

Wow, Shania brought Eja to the hospital, she must have been worried about him. I wonder if it is just first time mom worrying.

I was wondering who the MIFLAW "Shania" was. hehe hehe I'll have to post that old article on my site.

-Chris

Hey Chris ! Yeah we use QWERTY too but like your @ key is not where it "should be" and this Apple Mac keyboard doesn't have that extra "delete" key that "normal" IBM keyboards do ! So deleting for me is a pain ! Oh and your other functions like CTRL, Shift is kinda of a different size physically !

Been trying to find the URL address on these pics, but this mouse doesn't have a right-mouse-key button ! So I can't get into properties..... even tried the options in the toolbars, but no luck........

It's getting late and I need to get up early again tomorrow to feed the army...... so I'm gonna have to sign off here for now......

Thx !!

cbspock 06-06-2004 12:18 AM

Oh, yeah....MACs do not use the standard 101 keyboards. It also does not work like WINDOWS.

-Chris

cbspock 06-06-2004 12:29 AM

Pictures from GRACE...

Where is this???

-Chris

Grace 06-06-2004 12:32 AM

I'm not too sure...... I was told it's the men's room, but then how come I was allowed in ??

cbspock 06-06-2004 12:33 AM

The stage being broken down..

Grace, you take really awesome pictures of Shania in concert. You should try to get a job next time has her official tour photographer. Maybe you and Doc can switch off every other concert. :D

In this picture, Shania looks like she is thinking of something other than the show....

This one is great!!!! The awesome Shania smile!!!!

cbspock 06-06-2004 12:34 AM

Quote:
I'm not too sure...... I was told it's the men's room, but then how come I was allowed in ??

hehe hehe

-Chris

Grace 06-06-2004 12:35 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by cbspock
The stage being broken down..

Look at all the confetti, man !!

cbspock 06-06-2004 12:36 AM

Another classic smile

Snow storm....

GREAT PICS GRACE!!!

Shania needs to go to NZ and get some sun!!! She is so pale.

-Chris

cbspock 06-06-2004 12:42 AM

GET WELL SOON EJA!!!!

-Chris

Grace 06-06-2004 12:52 AM

Oh and Shania said besides the 9 of them on stage (Shania & FF), there are 150 people altogether making this tour possible moving from city to city, and she thanks them all for their efforts.

Thank you Chris for helping me get these pics on the board. Can't wait to get back onto proper Windows again ! ;)

:D

cbspock 06-06-2004 12:55 AM

Quote:
Oh and Shania said besides the 9 of them on stage (Shania & FF), there are 150 people altogether making this tour possible moving from city to city, and she thanks them all for their efforts.

Thank you Chris for helping me get these pics on the board. Can't wait to get back onto proper Windows again ! ;)

:D

You are welcome.....

Just don't let MAC users know that Bill Gates stole the "windows" concept from Apple hehe

;)

-Chris