Shania Boards

Shania Boards (http://www.shaniafans.com/mb/index.php)
-   Shania in the news (http://www.shaniafans.com/mb/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Shania on Wetten, Dass..? - Oct. 2 VIDCAPS (http://www.shaniafans.com/mb/showthread.php?t=15337)

FV 10-05-2004 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Steff
Hi altogether,
I was at “Wetten...dass?!”. Billy wasn’t rocking, not a little. Shania was rockin’ but he wasn’t. Shania
and Billy doesn’t match, there is no harmony when they are performing.
Although both were singing playback. “Wetten…dass?!” is the only tv show in
germany where the artists doing a live performance…A bit strange! I think it
was a very bad day for Shania. She was very cruel to her Fans before and
after the soundcheck and before and after the show. She don’t stop, she
wasn’t given a wink, no smile and no autographs, nothing! The same was
happening to the Fans at the hotel.

I'm very sad and sick.

TV show performances are not good times for the fans to look for autographs. The schedule is usually tight..Shania gives plenty of autographs in concert though..;)

Steff 10-05-2004 04:33 PM

sorry, but that's not my first TV Show with Shania. At other Shows she was very friendly and give autographs.

FV 10-05-2004 04:38 PM

Quote:
sorry, but that's not my first TV Show with Shania. At other Shows she was very friendly and give autographs.

Well then the experience Shania had at previous TV shows may not have gone so well after all if she did not do it again...shrugs
Good luck in the future...;)

CSCfan 10-05-2004 04:40 PM

Something probably happened that day....

Steff 10-05-2004 04:43 PM

yes, that's exactly what I think, CSCfan

corran 10-05-2004 07:57 PM

Quote:
Hi altogether,
I was at “Wetten...dass?!”. Billy wasn’t rocking, not a little. Shania was rockin’ but he wasn’t. Shania
and Billy doesn’t match, there is no harmony when they are performing.
Although both were singing playback. “Wetten…dass?!” is the only tv show in
germany where the artists doing a live performance…A bit strange! I think it
was a very bad day for Shania. She was very cruel to her Fans before and
after the soundcheck and before and after the show. She don’t stop, she
wasn’t given a wink, no smile and no autographs, nothing! The same was
happening to the Fans at the hotel.

I'm very sad and sick.

Steff

If it is any consolation I do not understand either and this does not sound like Shania at all...I would have liked to seen the video at Wetten Dass to see how it compared to the current video being shown here in the states...Something sounds a bit odd...

Benjamin:)

Debbie 10-05-2004 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by corran
Steff

If it is any consolation I do not understand either and this does not sound like Shania at all...I would have liked to seen the video at Wetten Dass to see how it compared to the current video being shown here in the states...Something sounds a bit odd...

I agree that something must have happened that day.

Benjamin the two "videos" would not compare... One is a produced music video and one is a live performance. Just like seeing Shania's music video for "Man! I Feel Like A Woman" does not compare with seeing Shania perform MIFLAW live.:)

corran 10-05-2004 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Debbie
I agree that something must have happened that day.

Benjamin the two "videos" would not compare... One is a produced music video and one is a live performance. Just like seeing Shania's music video for "Man! I Feel Like A Woman" does not compare with seeing Shania perform MIFLAW live.:)

Debbie

You misunderstand what I am trying to convey...What I meant to say is that I wish to compare the live Wetten Das PF2 to the video being performed here to better understand what is going on...Of course you are right Debbie, they would not be the same...I have an impression that Shania was not a happy camper and something must have happened as you say, from the review that Steff posted...But I do not wish to be judgemental and would rather see for myself before I would render an opinion...

Debbie 10-05-2004 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by corran
Debbie

You misunderstand what I am trying to convey...What I meant to say is that I wish to compare the live Wetten Das PF2 to the video being performed here to better understand what is going on...Of course you are right Debbie, they would not be the same...I have an impression that Shania was not a happy camper and something must have happened as you say, from the review that Steff posted...But I do not wish to be judgemental and would rather see for myself before I would render an opinion...

I guess my feeling is that we need to see Wetten Das performance and then judge it on its own. I just don't think that the two can be compared in any way. They are different! Everything about them is different excluding the people and song. A produced video, where the participants are told what to do, where to do it and when to do it is nothing like a live performance. It is true that we need to see the Wetten Das performance to see for ourselfs how it was. If Billy was not good as was stated we will be able to see it when we see the tape of Wetten Das but comparing the two mediams won't help better understand what was goin on... Seeing the tape of Wetten Das will. I would think that if one person is 'rockin out' and one is acting like a bump on a log it will be obvious. Hopefully we will soon see for ourselves.:)

Who knows if Billy did not do great maybe he was having a bad day or was just nervous. We will probably never know.

corran 10-05-2004 10:58 PM

That last statement may be truer than you know Debbie...But as you say we won't know until we see the Wetten Das video of PF2 as it was played there in Germany...We all know that Shania can perform but Billy may have problems doing it on a foreign stage...Who knows...Everyone has hang ups...Sometimes they come out at the weirdest of times when we don't want them too...Billy certainly looked good on the Videos that we have seen here in the states but who knows how many times he as had to perform before he got the video straight on PF2 that we have been seeing here in the states...We all know how much of a stickler Mutt can be for details...

Debbie 10-05-2004 11:01 PM

So true Benjamin.:D

Jud 10-05-2004 11:15 PM

I think, sometime fans has to let the object of their fanhood being human, and no one knows, how many things they had to concentrate during the soundcheck,what was going on, how many time they could try out the song together? If there were technical questions for the pop version with Billy's sound?

As for fans hanging around her hotel, they can't expect anything.

Flow 10-06-2004 04:07 PM

Hey together...
I was in Berlin with Steff, I think there is a wrong word in Steffs first Post because I helped her with the translation and I just known the word cruel but this is a bit to hard to describe what happend. We want to say sorry for that... We're thinking the same like other peoples here, something had happend to her on this evening or something was wrong. I just want to say that we were not waiting at her hotel, Steff was inside the show and I was waiting in the garage of the hall. We are not Fans who are waiting in front of her hotel, that's her private life and we respect that. I hope there is no more problem in understanding in our posts, when there's a thing you didn't understand just ask and I'll look what I can do:)

Best wishes from Germany
Flo

Debbie 10-06-2004 04:12 PM

Flo thank you for your post and Welcome to the Board!!! I'm sure you do a better job with Enlgish than I could every do with German!:) HI!

Flow 10-06-2004 04:19 PM

Hey Debbie...
Thanks for welcoming and the nice words:hugs:
It's great to meet some new Fans...
Best
Flo