Shania Boards

Shania Boards (http://www.shaniafans.com/mb/index.php)
-   World Tour and Las Vegas Residency 2019-20 (http://www.shaniafans.com/mb/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   Vancouver concert!!! (http://www.shaniafans.com/mb/showthread.php?t=12195)

dax 12-08-2003 06:36 AM

Vancouver concert!!!

Just got back from the first Vancouver concert!!!What a performance,Shania was AWSOME!!!:HG I read reviews from Calgary and Edmonton that Shania was lacking spark,but not in this concert.She was a real dynamo tonight,Shania must of fed off the crowd response because it was loud!!The floor section i was in was standing and screaming all night,we hardly sat down at all.
Some funny moments
-Shania was tempted to crowd surf but said she would be angry if someone grabbed her butt.
-They brought up those 2 guys who won the cmt ultimate fan contest and Shania commented on how tall they were so they quickly dropped to there knees to be at Shania's height.
What Shania had on
-She opened wearing a Canucks hockey jersey,then it was a yellow top with black pants and it looked like those same boots from the Chicago special,for the encore she wore the Vancouver Giants junior hockey team jersey(JD had that on as well)

I can't remember all the songs she performed,It seemed to me she sang almost every hit but i wll find out in tomorrows paper.

One bad thing about tonight,I couldn't get my camera in :( Security was searching everyone pretty good,i had to ditch the camera in my car.I feel i let you guys down because i really wanted to post some pictures.I do a have a nice pic of Shania's bus though:) Thats all for now i have to get some sleep ,go to work and get back in time for the second concert.
-Dax

cbspock 12-08-2003 06:56 AM

:LMAO!!!!!!!

Shania can be really funny when she wants to.

-Chris

DOC BILL 12-08-2003 07:54 AM

This camera thing really bothers me. One venue they are real nasty about them and the next they don't even care so it can't be Shania it must be the individual venues. One of the greatest things we can bring home from the concert is a picture of Shania that we took! That makes it so valuable and personal. I wish Shania would come out with some direction to her fans as to what we're to do. I hate taking a camera and taking the chance of having toi run it back to the car or worse yet getting it confiscated! Maybe the OFS can get us some feedback or direction here. I think it's a venue specific problem-if so Shania could resolve it for us by telling them to lighten UP! DOC

gretzky 12-08-2003 09:46 AM

Dax, I am glad you enjoyed the show. Whoever posted that Shania lacked spark in Edmonton was badly mistaken. The crowd was great and so was Shania. Shania got 3 great reviews in the Edmonton papers(something that no other city has done) and alll the people I talked to thought it was the best concert yet.

Why would she wear the hockey jersey of the minor league team? Is it popular in Vancouver?

cbspock 12-08-2003 09:57 AM

http://www.canada.com/vancouver/the...40-EC9874E8B70F

Shania fans Up! for show
17,000 watch Twain put her exclamation mark on Vancouver

Shania fans Up! for show
17,000 watch Twain put her exclamation mark on Vancouver

John P. McLaughlin
The Province

Monday, December 08, 2003

We'd like to tell you Shania's a Canucks fan but she wore a Flames jersey while in Calgary.

CREDIT: Jason Payne, The Province

Shania's band was rockin'.

CREDIT: Jason Payne, The Province

Shania Twain has always had a thing for the exclamation mark.

On her latest Up! album, about half the songs seemingly exclaim themselves. "Thank You Baby!," "What a Way to Wanna Be!," "Waiter! Bring Me Water!"-- the back cover reads like an over-caffeinated teenager's diary.

So it's no huge surprise Twain's show last night at the Pacific Coliseum Was! One! Big! Exclamation!

From the opening "Man! I Feel Like a Woman!" with her nine-piece band fanning out over the big oval stage and fireworks blasting off like it was another night in Baghdad, Timmins, Ont.'s favourite daughter definitely got everyone's attention.

With in-the-round shows like this one, the problem is always how the artisst will make their entrance. In this case Twain's band came in from one end of the Coliseum and, while the spotlight was on them, Twain snuck in from another end. Very tricky.

And the capacity, record-breaking crowd of 17,000 was ready for their Shania. Dressed in a Canucks jersey, blue jeans and red sparkly shoes worthy of a Dorothy, she roamed the risers and numerous stairs of the elaborate stage like it was her own yellow brick road, pulling out hit after hit from "Up!" and "Honey I'm Home" to "Don't Be Stupid (You Know I Love You)" and "I'm Gonna Getcha Good."

When she hit "Whose Bed Have Your Boots Been Under" with the triple fiddles and the rest of the band nailing the difficult harmonies, the entire crowd was on its feet clapping and singing along. Twain is nothing if not the master of the pop hook and the audience, in fact, was clapping, stomping and singing along to everything she did.

It's quite an experience to hear 17,000 people singing "If You're Not in it For Love I'm Outta Here" at the top of their collective lungs. My ears are still ringing.

Canadians Emerson Drive were a solid opening act drawing from original material and covers like "The Devil Went Down to Georgia" and Merle Haggard's "Silver Wings eliciting an amazingly big response from the crowd. These guys are going places.

jpmac@gmx.net

--------------------------

Yeah it is quite an experience to hear so many people singing with Shania. Like at Chicago, it was wild.

-Chris

gretzky 12-08-2003 10:14 AM

I am just curious, Edmonton had 18,000 people and Vancouver had 17,000 people. I thought Vancouver's arena held a little more. Maybe it was how the stage was set up. They were both sold out very quick so I am just wondering why Vancouver didn't have at least 18,000.

FV 12-08-2003 10:54 AM

Re: Vancouver concert!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by dax
-Shania was tempted to crowd surf but said she would be angry if someone grabbed her butt.

LMAO!:BL :D This is typical Shania comment..LOL! hylarious! I guess she is getting influenced by AC/DC fans' behaviors..:p
Thanks for the review DAX! Don't worry about the photos..HAVE FUN at the concert tonight!:dancing

cbspock 12-08-2003 12:18 PM

Re: Re: Vancouver concert!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by FV
LMAO!:BL :D This is typical Shania comment..LOL! hylarious! I guess she is getting influenced by AC/DC fans' behaviors..:p
Thanks for the review DAX! Don't worry about the photos..HAVE FUN at the concert tonight!:dancing

She pinches back...lol :p

-Chris

Lil' 12-08-2003 01:21 PM

:BL :BL :BL Hi everyone~
I went to the Vancouver concert last nite too and it was absolutely awesome!! It was my first time seeing Shania live and boy did she kick butt!! The whole concert was very high energy and the sensation still lasts until now...hehe...it gave me such an energy boost that I was able to pull an all-nighter afterwards to work on my final projects for school!

About that camera problem..i knew it said that no cameras or recorders were allowed, but I still took a chance and brought along a disposable camera......and when it came to the security check...i was caught..but after 2 seconds of whispering amongst the security, they let me go. ...with my camera...i was so glad! I was one of the first pple to enter the place and later on I saw many more pple carrying their big expensive cameras in too. Too bad I didn't bring my digital camera (left it in the car) in, or else I would've got some nice pics to share. After I develop my disposable camera, I'll try and post some pics up....but I was only sitting in the 15th row, Red seat, so...i don't think they would turn out that good.

So..anyone going to the concert tonite~ be sure to bring a good camera and take some good pics to share with us!!

The security can be scary...lol~...i witnessed the chief security handing out latex gloves for all of them..and they were all grinning evily when they put the gloves on. :eek:
...but don't let them fool ya...if they let cameras in last nite, they should let cameras in again tonite! :BL

FV 12-08-2003 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Lil'
The security can be scary...lol~...i witnessed the chief security handing out latex gloves for all of them..and they were all grinning evily when they put the gloves on. :eek:
...but don't let them fool ya...if they let cameras in last nite, they should let cameras in again tonite! :BL

YIKES!:eek: LOL!:D Well security sure took it seriously..:lookout
I am glad you got to go to your first Shania concert! :Bthumb Thanks for the review! Cannot wait to see the pics!:BL

cbspock 12-08-2003 04:41 PM

I think I have seen it all now.....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...7&category=2312

:rolleyes:

I have a ton of it from Long Island show, but I wouldn't sell it.

-Chris

Knight1 12-08-2003 05:08 PM

How silly can people get if they want to buy it - the starting bid $0.49 US - Lol! Let's see, if the Vancouver stuff goes for a dollar, wonder if the Chicago pile can get $2 and I'll bet a bag of Paris streamers can fetch 35 francs - what am I bid for Stuttgart?

resessions 12-09-2003 01:41 AM

Just like Chris, I have some confetti from various concerts too...I didn't really collect it...I was just in my shirt, hair and everywhere and came back to the hotel with me.....Just couldn't bear to throw it out when I found out that I had some but Jimminy Christmas....sell it on E-bay???? Wow! that person is deserate for cash.

AINAHS 12-09-2003 02:18 AM

Does the color and style of it change for each concert?

Cool Factor 12-09-2003 05:07 AM

Vancouver and Shania -- perfect combination!!

WOW!!! I mean WOW. I just got home from Shania's second night in Vancouver and I gotta say, the greatest, absolutely amazing, two hours of my life. I just died and went to heaven, where Shania was my goddess. The crowd was sooo loud, she even asked the sound technician if there was something wrong with the sound because she couldn't hear herself sing. She said the audience in the second night was louder. Everyone was on their feet, mouthing every word in her songs' lyrics. She asked one of the audience to sing with her. The greatest thing about Shania is that she is amazing with her fans. She was signing autographs nonstop and everyone was just overwhelmed.

There was a great moment in the concert where everything went dark and we heard a long piano intro from The Woman In Me, and when we were expecting to see her onstage, she suddenly appeared sitting among the audience!!!! Everyone was so surprised. Even I want to rush and hug her. She was just so close to where I was sitting.

From sound to stage presentation, I would think it was the best show anyone could ever put. Shania knows how to please her fans. Even if I wasn't a fan, I would rush to the store and buy all her CDs because of that show.
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D