Shania Boards

Shania Boards (http://www.shaniafans.com/mb/index.php)
-   World Tour and Las Vegas Residency 2019-20 (http://www.shaniafans.com/mb/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   Backstage in Vancouver (http://www.shaniafans.com/mb/showthread.php?t=14497)

Debbie 06-27-2004 11:50 AM

Backstage in Vancouver

Sorry it has taken me so long to post this, but a lot has gone on in my life since then..both good and bad.

So lets get the 'bad' done with.

The day of the Vancouver concert, June 17, while I was in Vancouver my daughter had a miscarraige back in California. I can not even discribe how I felt being soooo far away from her!!! I have to thank sas and Linda B for getting me through that day. I had such mixed emotions... an obligation to Tracy to handle the representation of the Centre and wanting to go home. My entire family, including my daughter, told me to stay in Vancouver. There was nothing that I could do for my daughter at that time except take care of my one year old grandson which someone else was doing. During the actual concert my daughter was in surgery and there were some complications and she wound up in intensive care for a short time. I can say that for the first time I didn't even care about the concert!!! I sat backstage for the entire concert with Linda B and waited for phone calls on my daughter's condition. I can say that now that she is doing much better physically and getting better mentally. Again, THANK YOU SAS AND LINDA B.!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now for the good parts... when I was not crying!

We got to go backstage about 2:30 in the afternoon. We met with the tour manager, Chris Littleton who gave us our full access passes. We were shown where our table was to be set up in the front of the venue. When we were walked around to the front of the venue we passed by catering and all of the dressing rooms. Catering is beautiful! All kinds of food displayed on ice and table clothes and flowers on all of the tables. Very pretty. Of course we did not go into any of the dressing rooms - just passed by them. We did get to see Shania, Mutt and Eja - and let me tell you they make a BEAUTIFUL FAMILY!!!! Because they were basckstage as the Lange family we did not disturb them in any way. Spoke with Carrie Ann again this time and asked her to see if Shania would sign some more of my cross-stitches. I had taken the one that I made for the Shania Twain Centre Auction, the one of Sheri's son, Cody with Shania, and the one that I made for sas. I had also included the one that I had just finished of my grandson which was not even framed yet. I wanted Shania to see that I do stitch other portraits that just her. Shania signed all of the stitches including my grandson - which is great except my daughter is not really a Shania fan! Oh well, someday Bradley will have his baby cross-stitch with Shania signature on it! I will post the Centre one and Bradley's for you to see (with Chris's help) It is up to Sheri and sas if they want to post theirs.

Debbie 06-27-2004 12:09 PM

Continued...

We also got to meet Jackie Jackson the Tour Band Manager and with Ariane Martin the wardrobe lady. Jackie heard about my daughter and gave me a huge hug as did the Tour Manager Chris Littleton. Very nice people Shania has working for her!

JD remembered me from meeting me last time backstage in Vancouver. I got a huge hug from him, too. When the concert was over he gave Linda B a drumstick and then tapped me on the back (I was on the phone and in tears) and handed me the other one. I thank him so much because it made me smile which was very hard to do that day! I saw him again at the Seattle concert the next night and thanked him in person and told him just was it ment to me. I can't wait to see him again in Timmins at the fan convention!

While being backstage during the concert Linda B and I did get to see just how they get Shania out of the venue after the concert. Let me tell you that they waiste no time in doing that. For most of the concert there was a Ford Excursion parked just outside the 'garage' door of the venue. During the encore the 'garage' door is lifted and the SUV is backed into the building and then the door is closed again. While Shania is making her last round saying goodbye the door is again lifted, Carrie gets in the back seat behind the driver. The front passenger door and rear passenger side doors are opened. Shania and her body guard run off the stage and directly into the SUV. Shania sitting next to her sister. The SUV takes off as soon as they get in. So in reality time .... before the band actually leaves the stage Shania has left the building. Let me tell you that everything to do with this concert is so well planned - down to the last second!

Even though this was a rough time for me, it was a great honor to represent the Shania Twain Centre for Tracy and I thank her so much!!! THANK YOU TRACY!!!

Debbie 06-27-2004 12:29 PM

Continued....

The next night (and feeling a lot better but still ready to go home) I saw the Seattle Concert in front row seats!!! They were awesome. I saw JD again and thank him for the drum stick and told him about what I was going through. He is such a nice man, really, really nice.

My friend Erich (who does at times post here) lives in the Seattle area and we, sas Linda B and I stayed at his home the night of the concert. He also had several people from Europe staying at his home. There were 10 "Shania Crazy" people staying at his house that night. We were in every room and even on the floors. We had a great time. God Bless his wife Shandra who is not even a Shania fan! Don't get me wrong she likes Shania just not like we all do. They all went to the Vancouver and Seattle concerts. These are some young people who post on the Forums. They were a blast to be around... so much energy!! As you may of read, there was someone posting on the Forums saying that they were Mark Twain, Shania's brother. Well, that really was/is Shania's brother posting there. He, Mark, has befriended a young girl from France. She was one of the group staying at Erich's. Mark had arranged to meet her after both of the Vancouver and Seattle concerts. I didn't feel like meeting him in Vancouver but I did in Seattle. He is very cute and very nice! Even thought I think that he was really there to be with the girl from France he was very friendly to us all and allowed his picture to be taken with the group from Europe. I didn't feel I sould ask for a picture because he was really there for them. We all had a good time talking with him.

The next morning we went home and I went directly from the airport to my daughter, thanks to Linda B taking me there!

Again thanks to sas and Linda B for helping get through a very good time as well as a very bad time!:D

Wow, I was wordy!!!!

chicker 06-27-2004 12:34 PM

Firstly my deepest condolences for your daughters lose, i can not imagine what she and you was going through at that time especially as you was so far away. It must have been hell on earth :( But its nice to hear that she is doing ok now.

Thank you for the great and detailed review.... the part about shania's exit is most interesting.

I look forward to seeing the pictures of your stiches too, they sound wonderful and its great that Shania signed them all for you.

Debbie 06-27-2004 12:49 PM

Thank you Chicker for your kind words.

I forgot to tell everyone that Carrie Ann has lost a lot of weight since I spoke with her at the last Vancouver concert in Dec. She is looking great, not that she did not already look great! She is now almost as tiny as her 'big' sister. I told her "wow, you have lost a lot of weight sinse I saw you last Dec" she said "Yeah, I have and thank you so much for noticing!". She had a huge smile on her face. So congratulations to Carrie Ann on your weight lose!:) And thank you Carrie for asking Shania to sign my cross-stitches for me.:D

Sheri 06-27-2004 01:18 PM

Having seen first hand Debbie's deep love and concern for her daughter, I can't tell you how happy I am to hear that she's doing better. It'll take a long while, I'm sure, but she has an incredible support staff.

corran 06-27-2004 02:14 PM

Debbie

Thanks for the news about Carrie Ann...Shania Twain is an example for all of us and apparently even to her eldest sister Carrie Ann...I am certainly also glad for Carrie Ann...I bet she is remarkably changed after her weight loss...I wonder what Shania Twain thinks of all this...I bet that Shania Twain is proud of her sister Carrie Ann and also for her brother Mark...Thanks for the Concert review Debbie!

Benjamin:)

cbspock 06-27-2004 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by chicker
Firstly my deepest condolences for your daughters lose, i can not imagine what she and you was going through at that time especially as you was so far away. It must have been hell on earth :( But its nice to hear that she is doing ok now.

Thank you for the great and detailed review.... the part about shania's exit is most interesting.

I look forward to seeing the pictures of your stiches too, they sound wonderful and its great that Shania signed them all for you.

ditto

-Chris

Debbie 06-27-2004 04:10 PM

Thank you everyone!:)

Cheryl 06-27-2004 05:07 PM

You also have my deepest condolences on your daughters loss, Debbie! I was so sad when I read this! Hang in there because you have alot of support from us on this board!!:)

Also, thank you so much for this wonderful review of that show! I really liked reading how Shania gets off the stage and into that SUV!! Thank you also for letting us know about Mark and Carrie Ann! I'm so happy for her!:) Shania has a great family and I'm glad they are there to help and support her!!:)

jen 06-27-2004 05:56 PM

Sorry to hear about your daughter Debbie and Thank you for the review.

moonbeam 06-27-2004 10:10 PM

Debbie,
Thanks so much for the review. But most of all, how's your daughter doing now? I hope she is good spirits and coping well. I send hugs your way.

Cheers and smiles,
Bernie

Jud 06-27-2004 10:17 PM

Thanks for the review!
Best wishes and quick recovery to your daughter!

Debbie 06-27-2004 10:18 PM

Thank you everyone for your concerns about my daughter, Annette. She is now doing much better physically. Mentally she is improving but it will take some time and a lot of love. I sure that she is catching all the love that all of you are sending her way. Thanks again.

Chris said that he would post pictures of the signed cross-stitches for me. I hope that you all enjoy them. It is so nice to see her real signature and not the "Shania Scribble". I was wondering after doing the "Shania Scribble" so much if she remembered how to really sign "Shania Twain". ;) :)

cbspock 06-27-2004 10:20 PM

I just got home, so I will post them in the morning.

-Chris