Shania Boards

Shania Boards (http://www.shaniafans.com/mb/index.php)
-   World Tour and Las Vegas Residency 2019-20 (http://www.shaniafans.com/mb/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   DRUMMIN' in Boston!!! :band (http://www.shaniafans.com/mb/showthread.php?t=11294)

Dave_Boston 10-06-2003 04:28 PM

DRUMMIN' in Boston!!! :band

:band

continuation from this thread...
http://www.shania-twain.org/mb/show...1568#post101568

<hr>
I'm shooting to get onstage for tomorrow's show here in Boston.....

Here's the email I recieved.....

Dear david,
Be On Stage With Shania!

How would you like to be a part of Shania Twain's band during her concert next Tuesday? Well here's your chance! Shania and Country 99.5 are looking for drummers to drum on stage with her for one of her songs during the show. 30 participants will be asked to come to the Fleet Center on Tuesday Oct 7th to try out and only 12 participants will be chosen. We will randomly select 30 people from all entrants and those 30 will attend the try-out! Drummers must bring their own self-containted (harnessed) drums with them to the try-out. No uniforms. This could be your chance to be up on stage with the one and only Shania Twain! 30 contestants will be notified this Friday.

If you would like to enter to be one of the 30 contestants to try out
Click Here!

Thanks for listening,
Mike Brophey
Program Director

So I goto the site and fill out the form and received this a few days later....

Hi Dave
I just wanted to say Congratulations because you have been chosen as one of the 30 contestants to try out for the chance to play with Shania!

Here is the information

You must be able to make the try-out next Tuesday, October 7th.

You must bring with you your drum. It cannot be a drum set, it must be held. No uniforms please.

Once you are there part of Shania's crew will be judging the contestants and will chose 12 drummers to play a song with Shania on stage!!

If you are chosen you will receive ONE ticket to the show!

Congratulations! See you Tuesday

Country 99.5 Promotions

So I'm guessing the song is
"(If You're Not In It For Love) I'm Outta Here"

correct?

and what can I do to improve my chances?

I can play the drums.
I worked in theatre so getting on stage is no problem for me.
What should I wear?

I need to get onstage because i got my daughter and her best friend tix to the show and I want to surprise them by being on stage!

thanks

-dave
<br>:band
<br>
:band
<br><br> :eek:

Debbie 10-06-2003 04:57 PM

CONGRATULATIONS!! I hope that you make it! Gook luck or break a leg or what ever I'm supposed to say for a drumming tryout!:D

cbspock 10-06-2003 05:22 PM

Good luck!!

-Chris

HomerSimpson 10-06-2003 05:57 PM

Good Luck

CountryBumpkin 10-06-2003 06:44 PM

Great News! Good Luck and wear something Shania!
I would guess it was from the song "IYNIFL" too!
SEE YA THERE!!!!

skatergirl 10-06-2003 07:05 PM

Dave,

I e-mailed the drummer in Ottawa here that made it on stage. I asked him for some advise. If he checks his e-mails on a regular basis & replies before tomorrow ,I'll forward it to you.

Good Luck- crossing my fingers & toes for ya!

Dave_Boston 10-06-2003 07:20 PM

wow! thanks for the support.

I found a copy of the Shania Twain -Live dvd and the wife is picking it up on the way home. I'll keep you all posted.

-dave

resessions 10-06-2003 07:33 PM

Yes, you are correct....The drummers come on with Shania for the last song before the Encore's happen and the drummers play "If you're not in it for love, I'm outta here". The people I've seen at both Pittsburgh and Grand Rapids had regular street clothes on. Nothing flashy or fancy that would draw attention to themselves or to draw attention away from the real start....Shania.

I would guess the main thing would be to show enthusiasm and a big smile and be able to follow instructions. During most of the number the drummers stand on the stage facing the audience and simply hold the drum sticks above their heads and clap them together in rythem to the music. Then when the burst of drums happen periodically during the number, they all beat their drums to that rythem. I suppose it might be good if you have the Platinum video colletion to bring up IYNIIFL(IOH) and pratice with it...or at least put on "The Woman in Me" CD to song no.4 and practice along with that......Good Luck !!!! let us all know if you get selected...we'll keep our fingers crossed for you. Maybe a T-shirt or button with your Daughters pictures on it.....Shania loves girls and Daddie's of girls....worth a shot.

olgap 10-06-2003 08:28 PM

WOW!!!
Good luck Dave, keep us all posted. My toes and fingers are crossed for. Just remember to go out there and have the time of your life, that's the most important!!!
Let us know how it goes!!!
Olga from Ottawa:) ;)

jen 10-06-2003 10:26 PM

WOW CONGRATS !!!! Good luck just be yourself and dress yourself and you will do fine.:)