Shania Boards

Shania Boards (http://www.shaniafans.com/mb/index.php)
-   The Former Shania Centre in Timmins (http://www.shaniafans.com/mb/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Tom is famous! (http://www.shaniafans.com/mb/showthread.php?t=18439)

cbspock 09-04-2005 08:27 PM

Tom is famous!

Well, first Shania....

then Mutt

all have been made into cartoons by Dax.

Well we can add your name to the list of famous people....

-Chris

tower 09-04-2005 09:16 PM

Well I can say this, 'cause dear Eilleen said this live on TV...

I Just PISSED MY PANTS.... Thanks Dax, just an amazing talent and a pure joy to share this, even if I was being a Ben M.... ;) Tracy knows what I mean there!

cbspock 09-04-2005 09:36 PM

I get it...lol :hyst: At least you didn't step infront of Shania..lol

-Chris

bferguson 09-04-2005 09:53 PM

Hey Tom! Now you are a national treasure!

Steve F 09-05-2005 02:00 PM

Tom, I'm speechless. :floor Okay, congrats on making it to Dax's inner-circle of fame. HEY1 Let's hear it for Tom! :JP

Steve

resessions 09-05-2005 02:25 PM

Had the event that Dax immortalized Tom in happened during the Fan/Con period in Timmins, he'd still be holding on to that "Golden Remote Award" instead of Allison. Great Work Dax !!!!

For those who didn't hear about it, this was posted on page 9 of the Convention Updates thread over on the STC messageboards:

We all walked back together to the lobby of the Travelodge and found it hard to say our good-byes.....we kept talking, and smiling, and laughing and hugging and saying good-bye but with nobody leaving the lobby. AS this was going on, Tom Waller walked into the lobby after having a cool beverage next door at "The Keg". It just so happened that a Chinese man was standing next to our group and trying to take a picture of his son. However Tom didn't see this and as he walked right into the path of the photo shot.... the Chinese man who spoke no English pointed at Tom, held uphis camera and pointed toward his son and said to Tom "Photo!".... Well Tom thought this man wanted a picture of him...after all, throughout the whole week, the media was trying to get a picture of Tom in his kilt and he simply thought this was another Photo opportunity. Toms smiles, take a step backward and stikes a pose. The Chinese man again waves his finger and says, "Photo" and so Tom thinking that he wanted Tom to move to one side for a better view, did as he thought he was instructed. Then the man waves his finger again and Tom thinks he wants him to move back a step or two...so he does that and again grins from ear to ear and strikes a pose for the mans camera. Tom sees the man is still somewhat frustrated and so he looks behind himself, see the Chinese mans son there and still doesn't understand that it's the boy that the man wants to photograph....but Tom doing what he thinks is proper, tells the young man to move aside for a moment as the man would like to take a picture. All the while us Shania fans are watching the comical episode and tell Tom that the man is trying to take a picture of his son and that he is in the way. To which Tom replys..."Oh, right!" And finally moves aside. We were all splitting our sides with laughter at this scene and even started laughing harder when the Chinese man and his son finally approached Tom and said that it was so funny that they just had to have a picture with him after all. WE were laughing so hard that the managment had to ask us to leave to our rooms as we were waking the guests on the second floor because we were laughing so hard.

tower 09-05-2005 04:19 PM

Yep that is pretty well what happened, but DAX I must say that your drawing of my self reduced me to tears last night, despite all the World travels and stuff that goes with this, that is simply the most amazing honour to come my way.

Just when you think you have most of the answers to life, I found out last night I have no clue. When I say that Shania's fan's are a very special group of people - someone, somewhere had best take notice.

Thank you.

cbspock 09-05-2005 05:39 PM

We are just going to have to get a black "ben" wig...lol

-Chris

tower 09-06-2005 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbspock
We are just going to have to get a black "ben" wig...lol

-Chris

No I draw the line on that person Chris, If I am ever as big a prat as that walking ego, someone best tell me quick so I can shoot myself ;) Talk about blowing your own trumpet.... eeek :nuts:

corran 09-07-2005 12:10 PM

I am still laughing at that story...That is a really cute one...Good story Richard...I am still on the floor about that one...Ha Ha!...I hope Tom will recover in good grace as I am certain he will...Sorry if we are laughing at your expense there Tom...But the story line is just too precious to pass without putting in some comment....But you are still the one and only Tom the Scotsman....Good likeness of Tom Dax...I think you got his personna pretty good...

Benjamin

Eduardo 09-07-2005 04:55 PM

AHAHAHAHah , great picture Tom

cbspock 09-07-2005 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tower
No I draw the line on that person Chris, If I am ever as big a prat as that walking ego, someone best tell me quick so I can shoot myself ;) Talk about blowing your own trumpet.... eeek :nuts:

He did that literally..lol :hyst:

-Chris

resessions 09-08-2005 10:43 AM

Hey there Ben! We missed you at fan/con this year. Hopefully we'll be able to see you again in 2006.

corran 09-08-2005 06:20 PM

Hello Richard

Yes I missed you all also. But I have started other plans which will take all of my resources get moving. Sorry about not being there this year. But these plans are rather important to me.

Benjamin