Shania Boards

Shania Boards (http://www.shaniafans.com/mb/index.php)
-   Shania in the news (http://www.shaniafans.com/mb/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Hypocrisy is afoot, Watson (http://www.shaniafans.com/mb/showthread.php?t=16902)

cbspock 02-02-2005 01:09 PM

Hypocrisy is afoot, Watson

Hypocrisy is afoot, Watson
-- Rumor has it, a few country stations are actually playing the song "Over And Over," by rapper Nelly, featuring Tim McGraw. Would these be the same people who claim that Shania Twain isn't country enough?

-countrynation.com

HEY1

Total hypocrisy!

-Chris

Mary R 02-02-2005 03:31 PM

Re: Hypocrisy is afoot, Watson

Quote:
Originally posted by cbspock

Total hypocrisy!

-Chris

Ya got that right Chris! Go figure. shrugs

Mary R

Cheryl 02-02-2005 06:02 PM

I second that, Mary!:rolleyes:

FV 02-02-2005 08:24 PM

Triple that!:BL

GonnaGetcha720 02-02-2005 08:38 PM

The folks at countrynation have always supported Shania for as long as I can remember....way to go....I guess some people in Nashville do have open minds and can see clearly.

Steve F 02-03-2005 10:41 AM

:hyst: quad-triple it?shrugs If there is such a word. Make me fourth to agree anyway.;)

Steve

corran 02-03-2005 10:51 AM

Well we all know that Country is full of it...Nothing really new there...

Benjamin

resessions 02-03-2005 05:11 PM

Rappers with Cowboy hats.... What will they think of next???
I'm suprized they aren't blaming Shania for causing the Nellie/McGraw thing to happen.

cbspock 02-03-2005 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by resessions
Rappers with Cowboy hats.... What will they think of next???
I'm suprized they aren't blaming Shania for causing the Nellie/McGraw thing to happen.

They will try no doubt. Tim didn't know what he was doing.

-Chris

Shunyeuh 02-03-2005 05:20 PM

i agree with everyone this is gettin crazy!

i could listen to 92.3 the columbus country station and they do not play shania on it! if they do its once in a blue moon ,., they play tim more

Cheryl 02-03-2005 06:13 PM

What I don't get is some people praise this Big & Rich and they sing rap in their music!:rolleyes:

cbspock 02-03-2005 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Cheryl
What I don't get is some people praise this Big & Rich and they sing rap in their music!:rolleyes:

1. Are they women?
2. Do they work outside of Nashville?
3. Is their name Shania Twain?

hehe hehe

-Chris

Cheryl 02-03-2005 06:17 PM

That's how it is with some of the country stations I listen to, Shunyeuh! They used to play Shania alot, but now I hardly hear her songs! It's mostly Tim, Kenny, or George!!

Cheryl 02-03-2005 06:19 PM

Good one, Chris!!hehe hehe

resessions 02-03-2005 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Cheryl
That's how it is with some of the country stations I listen to, Shunyeuh! They used to play Shania alot, but now I hardly hear her songs! It's mostly Tim, Kenny, or George!!

They do this sort of thing when it won't draw attention to them. They used to play her songs more when she was on tour cuz there was always a chance for ticket perks and the like. But it just goes to prove that there is power control issue from Nashville to the country music stations across this nation. But you can bet your bottom dollar that when they want to promote something to create a draw to the effort, they feel no qualms about using Shanias name and image in the promotion.

"He calls me up when he's had too much...He's a schemer - a dreamer"

"I tell him to change his ways, but he just turns to me and says, I Ain't no quitter"