Shania Boards

Shania Boards (http://www.shaniafans.com/mb/index.php)
-   Shania in the news (http://www.shaniafans.com/mb/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   A&E - Shania Biography June 17 VIDCAPS! (http://www.shaniafans.com/mb/showthread.php?t=17778)

FV 05-27-2005 01:54 PM

VCR Alert: A&E - Shania Biography June 17

They already aired a previous version of this Shania Biography I believe, but now they have updated it seems...with more, new interviews with Billy, Mark and more...:BL

http://www.vh1.com/artists/rock_on_...ays=&startdoc=8

Show: Biography
Episode: Shania Twain
Network: (A&E) A&E Network
Date: Friday - June 17, 2005
Time: 8/7c PM
Duration: 1:00

about: Biography: Shania Twain
A profile of the popular singer/songwriter who rocked the world of country music with her drop-dead looks, sultry voice and spirited lyrics, as she's bravely bridged the gap between country and pop. Exclusive interviews include Shania herself, Elton John, Dolly Parton, singer/songwriter Mark McGrath, Billy Currington and country music historian Bob Oermann. CC [TVPG]

FV 05-27-2005 02:04 PM

This is the reference I can find for now about the previous airing of this biography back in January 2004....

http://www.shaniafans.com/mb/showth...Biography+A%26E

jen 05-27-2005 03:07 PM

COOL, hopefully I can catch it again, thanks for the DATE!

jen 05-27-2005 03:23 PM

Some of the fans on the fanclub are saying that if you go to the Biography Channel's website and do a search for her, there will be a mini-bio of her and to the right of it it says it will air July 1st, at 9:00 PM then there's a link saying "remind me"

Maybe 2 dates, same show???

Steve F 05-27-2005 04:01 PM

Sounds good!

Steve

dax 05-27-2005 04:02 PM

I have never seen the first one because i dont get the biography channel,but i do get A&E .Is it airing on the A&E network?

FV 05-27-2005 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by jen
Some of the fans on the fanclub are saying that if you go to the Biography Channel's website and do a search for her, there will be a mini-bio of her and to the right of it it says it will air July 1st, at 9:00 PM then there's a link saying "remind me"

Maybe 2 dates, same show???

According to the RockOnTV website, the very first air date for the show is June 17...:confused:

http://www.vh1.com/artists/rock_on_...equestid=114386

Quote:
Originally posted by dax
Is it airing on the A&E network?

YEP. :BL :D

Cheryl 05-27-2005 08:36 PM

I don't get the biography channel either, but I do get A&E and they did have some biographys on there, so I hope they have Shania on this one!!:)

cbspock 05-27-2005 08:46 PM

This is not intimate portrait??? If this is Biography, then it is a new special.

-Chris

cbspock 05-27-2005 09:08 PM

The Sandra Bullock one is on after Shania's.

-Chris

dax 05-28-2005 02:13 AM

We dont get A&E canada its all the same right?

cbspock 05-28-2005 06:35 AM

Apparently this is NEW.

-Chris

Steve F 05-28-2005 09:46 AM

:hyst: :hyst: Well, if you look at A&E's page for the calendar for June, it lists 3 bios for June 17th, Shania, Sandra Bullock, and Heather :Locklear. The only one that you can go to a page for is Sandra. Shania and Heather you get "Page Not Found"!:( This is where I gound it: http://www.biography.com/tv/ Now, I don't know, but it says Sandra is at 10:00 p.m. est, so I don't know, does that mean Shania is on at 9:00 p.m.? Usually when they have three on in the evening, it starts at 8:00 p.m. I would say if she is first it would be 8.

Steve

jen 05-28-2005 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by cbspock
This is not intimate portrait??? If this is Biography, then it is a new special.

-Chris
Hmmmmm, maybe it is new...that would be cool!

Cheryl 05-28-2005 05:52 PM

Chris had the A&E website on his site, so I clicked it on and Shania is first at 8:00 ET, then Sandra and then Heather! I looked in the TV Guide for this coming Friday and they have Pam Anderson on! That means Shania will be on A&E and I get this channel and I can't wait to see it and tape it!!!:) It will also be nice to see something new on Shania!!:)

dax 05-29-2005 04:19 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Cheryl
Chris had the A&E website on his site, so I clicked it on and Shania is first at 8:00 ET, then Sandra and then Heather! I looked in the TV Guide for this coming Friday and they have Pam Anderson on! That means Shania will be on A&E and I get this channel and I can't wait to see it and tape it!!!:) It will also be nice to see something new on Shania!!:)

Me too ;) I check my listings and they show pam anderson so shania will be coming up .:bouncing

Steve F 05-30-2005 12:03 PM

Quote:

I believe that is how it will run. I have watched A&E before when they do 3 for the evening. Sounds about right. Shania should be first at 8:00 p.m.

Steve

cbspock 05-30-2005 11:24 PM

I made this for my site...

-Chris

corran 05-31-2005 12:34 AM

Guess I am goin to have to watch it on that day of all days...June 17th...Look forward to Shania's Biography then to be presented...But I am like you Chris...I think there will be more to this presentation than we expect...

I like your new Shania avatar Dax...Really cool...

Benjamin:)

Steve F 06-01-2005 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by corran
Guess I am goin to have to watch it on that day of all days...June 17th...Look forward to Shania's Biography then to be presented...But I am like you Chris...I think there will be more to this presentation than we expect...

I like your new Shania avatar Dax...Really cool...

I agree there may be more than we expect.;)

Steve

cbspock 06-01-2005 11:28 AM

I wonder if it includes a new Shania interview. She could have done one in LA, or NYC when she was here recently.

-Chris

Cheryl 06-01-2005 06:47 PM

I like your pics, Chris! She's so cute & beautiful and she just has that special smile!!!:)

CSCfan 06-04-2005 03:28 PM

Cool! A&E also did a new biography of Celine (aired early May).... which was fantastic! If it's any indication: Shania's biography will also be pretty good! :BL

limited 06-07-2005 04:30 PM

I got the TV Guide for next week, and the show is really listed! This should be great!

Steve F 06-08-2005 11:06 AM

Friday, June 17th, 2005:

(A&E) Biography 1:00 998659 TVPG
Country singer Shania Twain is profiled. Among those commenting are Twain, Elton John, Dolly Parton, Mark McGrath. NEW

Steve

Cheryl 06-08-2005 06:42 PM

I looked in the new TV Guide also when I got home and there it was! I can't wait!!:)

jen 06-08-2005 09:57 PM

The fanclub management has it posted now:

The A&E channel will be airing it's Biography of Shania on Friday, June 17.

As stated on the show's web site, www.biography.com, it's "A profile of the popular singer/songwriter who rocked the world of country music with her dropdead looks, sultry voice and spiritied lyrics, as she bravely bridged the gap between country and pop. Exclusive interviews include Shania herself, Elton John, Dolly Parton, singer/songwriter Mark McGrath, Billy Currington and country music historian Bob Oermann."

Be sure to check your local listings for time and channel in your area.

cbspock 06-08-2005 10:08 PM

I think this is going to be really good.

-Chris

CSCfan 06-09-2005 06:01 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by cbspock
I think this is going to be really good.

-Chris

It most probably is....:D
Hopefully, like in Celine's new bio, there's lots of new stuff (clips etc.).. :BL

cbspock 06-15-2005 04:32 PM

http://www.biography.com/tv/listings/twain_s_new.html

Shania Twain's "not just a pretty face." The singer/songwriter revolutionized country music with her drop-dead looks, sultry voice and spirited lyrics. The provocative performer also shattered stereotypes by flaunting her taut midriff instead of her big hair. But Shania's path to mega-stardom was filled with heartaches and hunger. She grew up impoverished in Northern Canada. As a child, she sang at local bars to help put food on the family table. When she was 18 years old, her parents died in a car crash. The teenage songstress took on the responsibility of providing for her younger siblings. At the time, Shania thought her musical career was over. But a family friend connected her with the right people in Nashville—and the rest is history.

After recording four albums, Shania Twain is the top gross female country artist of all time—even outselling country music's beloved Patsy Cline. And she's bravely bridged the gap between country and pop to become one of music's biggest crossover sensations. Exclusive interviews for this BIOGRAPHY include Shania Twain, Elton John, Dolly Parton, singer/songwriter Mark McGrath, Billy Currington and country music historian Bob Oermann.

----
She took down Patsy, that is one big reason Music Row has a bug about Shania.

-Chris

cbspock 06-15-2005 04:36 PM

BIO...

Country singer, songwriter. Born Eileen Edwards, on August 28, 1965, in Windsor, Ontario, Canada. She was raised in the small mining town of Timmins, Ontario, by her mother, Sharon, and stepfather, an Ojibway Indian named Gerald Twain. (She later changed her name from Eileen to “Shania”; an Ojibway word meaning “I'm on my way.”) Twain was already singing and writing songs by age 10; as a teenager, she performed on Canadian television. In 1987, her mother and stepfather were tragically killed in a car accident, leaving Twain to care for her three younger siblings.
After several years spent earning money by singing at a local resort, Twain went to Nashville in 1993. She immediately signed with Mercury Records and released her self-titled debut album. That same year, Twain married South African music producer Robert “Mutt” Lange, who was known for his work with the heavy metal bands AC/DC, Def Leppard, and Foreigner. With the help of Lange, Twain released The Woman in Me in 1995, which sold 12 million copies, becoming the bestselling country album by a female artist in history. The album, which yielded the hit songs “Whose Bed Have Your Boots Been Under?” “Any Man of Mine,” and “(If You're Not in It for Love) I'm Outta Here!” earned Twain a Grammy Award for Best Country Album.

In 1997, Twain released her third album, Come On Over, which contained eight hit singles, including “You're Still the One,” "Love Gets Me Everytime," "That Don't Impress Me Much," “Honey, I'm Home," "From this Moment On,” and "You've Got a Way.

" Certified by the Recording Institute Association of America (RIAA) for sales of 17 million copies, Come On Over holds the notable distinction of being the bestselling country album of all time.
Twain's combination of a powerful voice and sexy image has made her one of the most popular singers in both country and pop music. Her popularity opened the door for such female country crossover acts as Faith Hill and LeAnn Rimes. In the late 1990s, Twain signed a reported $3 million contract with Revlon cosmetics to endorse their products. In 1999, she released a fourth album, On the Way. Twain also re-recorded the single “You’ve Got a Way” for the motion picture soundtrack Notting Hill (1999).

Currently, Twain and Lange spend most of their time at their nineteenth-century estate in Tour-de-Peliz, Switzerland. In August 2001, they welcomed their first child, a son named Eja (pronounced "Asia").

---It is a wee bit out of date.

-Chris

Cheryl 06-15-2005 07:17 PM

You are so right, Chris! Even though Patsy had crossover hits, she is well loved in Nashville!

corran 06-15-2005 08:33 PM

And now Shania, Mutt and Eja live in two different places...Switzerland and New Zealand on their ranch..

AINAHS 06-15-2005 11:31 PM

Quote:
And now Shania, Mutt and Eja live in two different places...Switzerland and New Zealand on their ranch..

...and in Canada and the Bahamas and the US and elsewhere...

corran 06-16-2005 05:06 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by AINAHS
...and in Canada and the Bahamas and the US and elsewhere...

Yep the world is pretty much their playground AINAHS...I agree...

Benjamin

Steve F 06-16-2005 10:35 AM

It must be nice not to have to go to Priceline.com to book your vacation.:D Here's a Family that has enough homes so they can choose one each time and never get bored.:hyst:

Steve

Cheryl 06-16-2005 06:32 PM

That is so true, Steve, but as all of us fans know, she definitely earned all that money the hard way in more ways than one!!:)

Steve F 06-17-2005 11:29 AM

Quote:
That is so true, Steve, but as all of us fans know, she definitely earned all that money the hard way in more ways than one!!:)

I know she earned it, I was just trying to be funny.:D

Steve

AINAHS 06-17-2005 06:05 PM

Quote:
Yep the world is pretty much their playground AINAHS...I agree...

Benjamin
:D..and likewise and very fitting - the world at large is her fans' playground too...:D

cbspock 06-17-2005 06:10 PM

So, everyone ready!!!

-Chris