Shania Boards

Shania Boards (http://www.shaniafans.com/mb/index.php)
-   Shania in the news (http://www.shaniafans.com/mb/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Shania Mentor on American Idol: April 27-28! VIDCAPS (http://www.shaniafans.com/mb/showthread.php?t=21554)

amanda122 08-18-2009 01:22 PM

I'm sure Shania is ready to experiment with different things now that she is a changed woman since the divorce. AI being one of them.

cbspock 08-18-2009 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amanda122
I'm sure Shania is ready to experiment with different things now that she is a changed woman since the divorce. AI being one of them.

Divorced??? That hasn't happened yet.

-Chris

amanda122 08-18-2009 01:40 PM

Is Shania Twain on the comeback trail?

With new albums on the horizon from Whitney Houston and Mariah Carey snaring much of the mainstream press, there's one leading lady of pop music who could easily steal their thunder. Shania Twain will guest judge on "American Idol," it was confirmed Monday, in what was the latest quiver of action from what's been a rather quiet Twain camp of late.

A Twain return couldn't be better timed. The artist is one of the most responsible for broadening Nashville's pop appeal. It's Twain's songs such as "Man! I Feel Like a Woman" that fostered a country landscape that's open to everything from Miley Cyrus's "The Climb" to Taylor Swift's "Picture to Burn." Right now, with young country darlings such as Carrie Underwood and Kellie Pickler dominating the scene, the window is open for Twain to storm right in.

Will it happen next week? Twain's website is holding a countdown to her birthday Aug. 28, promising fans "a present." For now, you can stop by and leave your own wishes, and even submit a picture of yourself. Hopefully she's too busy in the studio to review each and every offering.

But there may not be reason to get too excited.

While Pop & Hiss hasn't received any indication from Twain's label reps that new music is on the way (we didn't exactly expect any, either), Twain's MySpace page may have spoiled the surprise. The site revealed that Twain's all-new fan club will launch Aug. 28. If that's it, then Twain is guilty of abusing the pop-culture countdown.

Yet one doesn't go on "American Idol" without something to promote -- the show in itself is a four-month-long promotional cycle. And back in June, Twain posted a note apologizing to fans for a lack of new music, writing, "I wish like crazy that I had new music by now since I dream of how fun it would be to see you all again out on tour with new songs to sing, but as most of you know, I have been side-tracked slightly over this past year."

Twain noted in dealing with her divorce from producer Robert John "Mutt" Lange she has returned to writing. But at the time, there wasn't any indication that anything was eminent. "Time has a way of making everything right, and it is my hope that good music will eventually come out of it."

Here's hoping it's before "American Idol" dumps some more kids upon Nashville (no offense, Bucky).

-- Todd Martens

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/musi...ack-trail.html

cbspock 08-18-2009 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyGK
Wow, I have to say Iím pretty disappointed in the negativity that seems to be going on! Iím so excited to see Shania do anything and Iíve missed her! Shania knows what she is doing and would never do anything negativeÖ.

Letís all show Shania a little faith; she will add something special to the show as she adds something special to everything that she does!

Welcome Back Shania!

I don't think its negativity, I think it is just over the choice of the show. Some people just don't like it, however from a practical standpoint I see it as a good move. Lots of people do watch the show, and getting attention right now in a positive way about music is great for Shania. It won't focus on her personal problems.

-Chris

amanda122 08-18-2009 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbspock
Divorced??? That hasn't happened yet.

-Chris

Wrong wording, separation.

Anne-Marie 08-18-2009 02:21 PM

I hate these shows too, but I don't like anything on TV now a days. (except for some tv series) But she did shows like this in Europe, so I don't understand why some fans are so upset that she does AI. shrugs

Let's be glad she shows her face and stops hiding under a rock. I mean we will see her, hear her. How can that be wrong. :giggy:

And this Simon guy, I already hate him so if he is bad aganist Shania, it will only make me hate him more.

But still, I would rather see her on a charity concert are something like it.

amanda122 08-18-2009 02:40 PM

Shania appeared on BBC's Fame Academy, Star Academy in France and Operacion Triunfo in Spain. The only best part about watching manufactured talent shows would be the auditions, because some people think they're seriously that good.

cbspock 08-18-2009 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anne-Marie
I hate these shows too, but I don't like anything on TV now a days. (except for some tv series) But she did shows like this in Europe, so I don't understand why some fans are so upset that she does AI. shrugs

Let's be glad she shows her face and stops hiding under a rock. I mean we will see her, hear her. How can that be wrong. :giggy:

And this Simon guy, I already hate him so if he is bad aganist Shania, it will only make me hate him more.

But still, I would rather see her on a charity concert are something like it.

Shatner did a great job of imitating Simon in the Celebrity video. Now that would be funny to see, Shatner and Shania. Atleast they would have horses in comon, and they are both from Canada

-Chris

cbspock 08-18-2009 04:34 PM

From CMT....

thought it would be almost impossible to fill Paula Abdul's shoes as a judge on American Idol. Even temporarily. Because she was always the nice one. The one who tempered criticism with praise. But now it looks like the folks at American Idol have found someone just as sweet to sit behind that judge's table: Shania Twain. She is reportedly the latest guest judge and will be taking part in the auditions in Chicago on Aug. 30-31. It's not the coming-out-of-retirement move I would've expected from her, but she's always been a vital part of what makes country so pop, so she's a good fit for this competition. Fox Entertainment Chairman Peter Rice says guest judges like Twain will be in place until they find the right permanent replacement. "What we need to find is someone who has great chemistry," he said. "It's really a casting job."

--

-Chris

Steve F 08-18-2009 04:41 PM

Here is one I found: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090818...an_idol_twain_1

I don't agree with most of you. I don't give a rat's.... about Simon or the rest of them and their sometimes stupid opinions. When they get down to the best ones, that is when someone like me who really enjoys people who can sing and perform on stage, enjoy it. Then it's great. That's why I watch, not for the judges. Unfortunately, it looks like Shania will be dealing with a lot of wannabes who should have not wasted their time, or the judges, since it's so early, but that is what a lot of folks enjoy, i.e., people who couldn't carry a tune if they had a bucket. hehe But, it will be nice to see her and I'm looking forward to that. I get the feeling new music is still far away if she is doing this however.

Steve

talkalot24 08-18-2009 06:12 PM

I don't really understand the strong dislike of Idol. More than that, I don't understand fans not supporting Shania especially with everything she has been through. Despite the difficult stuff she has faced recently, she has been working to make new music for us. And she's going to do something in January, very like in part for promotion of some sort, and fans are going to protest and not watch? I hope Shania doesn't read this. Of course everyone is entitled to their opinion -- I just don't understand it.

I don't like how rude Simon is. But that doesn't make the show in and of itself bad. The show helps people make their dreams come true. I bet Shania would have competed in the show if it were around when she was first starting out; Sharon would have made her! :)

American Idol has done some good things in addition to helping people fulfill their dreams. They have raised a lot of money for charity through things like Idol Gives Back. That sounds like Shania to me! I'm sure Shania will be very sweet to the contestants. If Simon is going to be rude, wouldn't it be nice for contestants to have Shania there to balance it out? We should be happy Shania is going to be there to do that.

DOC BILL 08-18-2009 07:28 PM

I'm surprised Shania is doing the show not for any negative reasons but just because it's so unlike her to do something like this. I'm certain she'll add to the show and though I never watch Idol-I will when Shania's on. Doc

cbspock 08-18-2009 07:38 PM

It should be interesting to see anyway. Never was an Idol fan myself. Not into reality shows but I can't wait to see Shania.

-Chris

shaniawarrior 08-18-2009 08:56 PM

Heeellllllooooo everybody! Long time no chat! Anyways, WOO yeah I heard about this yesterday and pretty much did a high-pitched "EEEEEEEEEEEP!!" of excitement in the car. LOL

I don't normally watch AI either, but daggone it you better believe my eyes will be glued to the TV screen when Shania's on! Did you guys hear she will be at the Chicago auditions? Ahh, Chicago. What AWESOME memories! :D :D

I think it's great she's doing this. It will get her HUGE exposure & will make people go, "HEY! I remember her! Where the heck has she been hiding?" In fact, just the other day one of my co-workers asked me about her. I can't wait to go to work tomorrow and spread the news that Shania may be slowly making her way back! WOOOO!

A HYPER Shania fan,
Desiree

P.S.-->Guess it's time to start putting money away in the Shania fund again. :p

Jud 08-18-2009 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by talkalot24
I don't really understand the strong dislike of Idol. More than that, I don't understand fans not supporting Shania especially with everything she has been through. Despite the difficult stuff she has faced recently, she has been working to make new music for us. And she's going to do something in January, very like in part for promotion of some sort, and fans are going to protest and not watch? I hope Shania doesn't read this. Of course everyone is entitled to their opinion -- I just don't understand it.

First I am not protesting against Shania, when I won't see it, the protest against the show and all it represents. And I won't change that just because Shania will be on the show.

And second there is no need again from me to get into what I think about AI. My opinion is very low of that show - charities or not - and every other reality show.