Shania Boards

Shania Boards (http://www.shaniafans.com/mb/index.php)
-   The Former Shania Centre in Timmins (http://www.shaniafans.com/mb/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Sad News : Esther Scheerder (http://www.shaniafans.com/mb/showthread.php?t=22296)

rgaudreau 10-20-2013 06:54 AM

Sad News : Esther Scheerder

Just found out on facebook that Esther has passed away. She was a regular at fan conventions. She joins our friends Ron and Charlie and Sam who have also passed.

JAZZ 10-20-2013 09:52 AM

In loving memory Esther

cbspock 10-20-2013 02:12 PM

:(

-Chris

Shania's_Sister 10-21-2013 02:59 AM

R.I.P Essie we will miss you

eilleen333 10-21-2013 06:55 AM

I still cannot believe it. She was such a beautiful person inside and out.

Steve F 10-21-2013 09:18 AM

So sad! She was so young.

Steve

FinnFreak 10-21-2013 10:09 AM

:(

Incredibly sad news.

R.I.P. Our Dearest Esther - we miss You so...

In You, Shania lost a GREAT fan: something innocent, unique, honest... *sigh*

(you guys can add to the list)

Jaana & John - Forever Your friends from Finland

cbspock 10-21-2013 10:23 AM

Tracy posted this in the STC facebook group..

I have asked Mathias to bring a letter to Esther's family when he visits tomorrow. It is from all of us....here it is.

To Esther’s family and friends….

I want to let you know that Esther is being missed internationally. Around the world, there are friends mourning the loss of your beloved Esther, and also celebrating her life. Esther was loved by many and her memory will live on with all of us.

As the news of Esther’s passing came, I saw many pictures of her being posted by her “Shania Family” and they began to share their memories of special times spent enjoying stories, laughter, and music. She was always eager to sing her favourite Shania songs during our karaoke nights, dance the night away during our video dances, and participate in the many activities like ball hockey, baseball, scavenger hunts, to name a few, and she was a joy to be with.

Many of us had an opportunity to re-unite in Las Vegas last December and spend some time together, and I can speak for everyone when I say we never thought that would be our last time with her. May she rest now, and know that as we all sing along to a Shania song, we will be singing with and for “our” Esther….Forever and For Always….

You are in our thoughts.

Tracy Hautanen on behalf of Esther’s Shania-Family

-Chris

eilleen333 10-21-2013 12:51 PM

There is an online condoleance register for those who want to sign it: http://www.condoleance.nl/14519/esther-scheerder.thml

Just click: "Voeg een condolance toe" . Then you'll get a page where you can write a personal message to sign the condoleance register.

FV 10-21-2013 05:23 PM

This is really such a great loss: a wonderful person and a super Shania fan. We will truly miss you Esther. Rest in peace. :(

JAZZ 10-23-2013 06:51 PM

Thank you Shania, for your input at Esther condoleance register.
There is now an angel up there with a big smile.
The service for Esther was wonderful and a lot of crying.
An on behalf of the Shaniafans (world wide) we lay a wreath of red roses in the shape of a heart with in the middle, pink rose maple leaf.

talkalot24 10-25-2013 12:18 AM

So sad. RIP. I assume she hasn't been sick and this was completely unexpected?

I wonder if that truly was Shania that signed the condolence book. If so, very sweet.

cbspock 10-25-2013 12:28 AM

Tracy did post this on the STC Facebook group page...(she is currently in Vegas since SKC just launched their first school program in the USA)

Tracy Hautanen
Before Shania's concert tonight, I was speaking with Cory and Carrie and I shared some stories about Esther with them. We looked at some of Esther's pictures online, specifically the ones of her with the band members during the fundraiser last December...they send their condolences. As well, I also spoke with JD and he remembers Esther from the past conventions and was so sad to hear of her passing. Rest now Esther, but know that you will live on in everyones memories!

eilleen333 10-25-2013 02:51 AM

Tracy confirmed that it was Shania who signed the register. Really sweet. They ended the service with her words: "rest in peace, Sweet Angel" and they played 'It Only Hurts' (blue version). It was a beautiful service. So very sad, but so very beautiful, just like Esther.

jen 10-27-2013 11:48 PM

So sad, she was a young beautiful person inside and out. We will miss you Esther