Shania Boards

Shania Boards (http://www.shaniafans.com/mb/index.php)
-   World Tour and Las Vegas Residency 2019-20 (http://www.shaniafans.com/mb/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   Orlando... Anyone Going?????? (http://www.shaniafans.com/mb/showthread.php?t=14580)

sas 07-04-2004 04:51 PM

Orlando... Anyone Going??????

JUST WONDERING IF ANYONE ELSE IS GOING...JULY 6TH

DOC BILL 07-04-2004 07:55 PM

I'm not going but believe me my heart will be there all day and all night! I'll be in Tampa but I'd love to be starting this end in Orlando!!!! We need to make the end of this Tour so special! She deserves that! For me it all begins in Tampa!!!! DOC

Alanb 07-04-2004 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DOC BILL
I'm not going but believe me my heart will be there all day and all night! I'll be in Tampa but I'd love to be starting this end in Orlando!!!! We need to make the end of this Tour so special! She deserves that! For me it all begins in Tampa!!!! DOC

Same here, Doc. I'll make Tampa, but not Orlando.

Would have loved to, but I've got to do a little work at least. :)

cbspock 07-04-2004 08:08 PM

Well, we just have to be REALLY REALLY LOUD in Ft. Lauderdale!!!

-Chris

DOC BILL 07-04-2004 08:55 PM

Every concert I've been too has been loud-this last concert has got to be beyond loud- this concert has got to be over the end of the envelope-this concert has got to be sooooooo loud that nothing Shania has ever been associated with can even be within a lightyear of the intensity of. This is the end and we have to treat it like the end of a a fantastic tour!! She gave it all UP! for us and I hope we can give it all UP! for her-this has to be beyoud loud!!!! DOC

cbspock 07-04-2004 08:57 PM

Well, I plan on not coming home with my voice...lol

When she asks for people to sing,that arena better be shaking. It has to be like Chicago loud!!! She was taken aback at the end of FTMO in chicago, we have to do the same thing.

-Chris

jarrett 07-04-2004 09:51 PM

I'm going!!!!

I really can't wait! Last time I saw her in concert was back in 1999! This will be great!

clegger26 07-05-2004 04:36 PM

I am going as well ... i'll be flying from philly.

cbspock 07-05-2004 06:41 PM

Here is a sign Sas is bringing with her to Orlando, BTW she is in the front row, so Shania can't miss it!!

-Chris

Tee 07-05-2004 09:33 PM

Greg and I will be there. Arrive in Orlanda at 1:15 tomorrow, can't wait. I'm ready!!!

corran 07-06-2004 07:54 PM

Don't be down, Shania's Up! Tour is Almost Here

Here is a post by a Shania Critic but it was not all that bad...Actually he was quite positive about Shania...But I did not like the last part where he said that Shania Twain lip synched at the Super Bowl when we all know that Shania Twain does not do that...

Link: for Pictures

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/ente... -home-entlife

MUSIC
Don't be down
Shania's `Up!' tour is almost here

By Jim Abbott | Sentinel Pop Music Critic
Posted July 2, 2004

Twain towers. (MARK CORNELISON/LEXINGTON (KY.) HERALD-LEADER)
Jul 2, 2004

Shania who?

Just kidding. It's not like anyone has forgotten Shania Twain, who brings her "Up!" tour to the TD Waterhouse Centre on Tuesday.

This Orlando show, rescheduled from its original April date, has been on the horizon longer than the careers of some country singers.

How old is Twain's Up! album? When she released it in late 2002, no one hated the Dixie Chicks.

Twain isn't that kind of polarizing presence, unless one has an aversion to peppy anthems about self-realization, saccharine love songs, sporty outfits in primary colors or women who aren't impressed by Brad Pitt.

Twain wasn't available to chat about Pitt's immortalization in "That Don't Impress Me Much" or raising a child with producer-husband Mutt Lange in the couple's Swiss mansion or even about her recent CMT Flameworthy Award for the "Forever and for Always" video or her 2004 Juno Award for best country recording in Anne Murray's homeland of Canada.

That's OK. All the waiting (and waiting . . . ) for this show allowed enough time to compose a Top 10 list of things about Shania Twain that still inspire curiosity.

Drumroll, please:

10. Some of the guys in her band wear goggles -- but not in a Bootsy Collins way. Maybe it's for protection from the rays of sunshine radiating from the music.

9. Shania Twain loves the exclamation point. It's the punctuation of choice on Up!, gracing the titles of nine of 19 songs. There are two exclamation points in the demanding "Waiter! Bring Me Water!" There's also the seemingly contradictory "Nah!" and "I'm Not in the Mood (To Say No)!"

8. She's harshly dismissive of rocket scientists in "That Don't Impress Me Much." Smart guys have feelings too.

7. She's married to a guy named "Mutt," who used to produce AC/DC. Hey, he's no rocket scientist.

6. If that doesn't work out, she's compatible with me! By submitting my birthdate to a Web site that analyzes potential Shania matches, I scored a 68 percent compatibility.

5. My Chihuahua scored 71 percent, proving that mutts must have an advantage.

4. Up! contains both pop and country versions of 19 songs that don't distinguish either category. Thankfully, Tammy Wynette never decided to do a reggae "Stand by Your Man."

3. Twain could become the Britney Spears of country music, but she won't. Co-writing a song on Oops . . . I Did It Again is close enough, thanks.

2. Shania means "on my way" in Ojibway, the Native American language of her stepfather's tribe in her native Canada. Early in her career, there was controversy over her Native American ancestry.

And the No. 1 curious observation about Shania Twain:

1. She managed to perform at the Super Bowl in 2003 without a wardrobe malfunction. In retrospect, the lip-syncing doesn't seem that bad now.

Jim Abbott can be reached at jabbott@orlandosentinel.com or 407-420-6213.

Benjamin:)

cbspock 07-06-2004 07:57 PM

It is a hack job from another 3 Shania articles. Maybe we should email this guy, and show him Shania fans know how to write..lol hehe hehe

-Chris

corran 07-06-2004 08:25 PM

I agree with you Chris...I will email Jim Abbott but it will take a little time to reply to all ten lines that he put out...

Benjamin:)

corran 07-06-2004 09:34 PM

Well Chris!

I have finally sent my email feedback to Jim Abbott...Hopefully he will get a new impression of Shania Twain from the perspective of another person who has really gotten to know her pretty well...I don't know if it is enough to sway his opinion or if he will even believe all the stories I have told him about Shania Twain but I gave it a reall go at it...

Benjamin

Jud 07-07-2004 02:30 AM

Shania Twain performs during Tuesday night's concert at the TD Waterhouse Centre in Orlando.
(JESSICA MANN/ORLANDO SENTINEL)

Shania Twain hits a high note during the first three songs of her concert on Tuesday night.

Shania Twain performs a song during her Tuesday night concert at the TD Waterhouse Centre.

An energetic Shania Twain (center) bounces around stage as she sings. At left is one of her violinists, Allison Cornell (far right) along with (from left to right) Andy Cichon, Hardy Hemphill and Randall Waller.