Shania Boards

Shania Boards (http://www.shaniafans.com/mb/index.php)
-   World Tour and Las Vegas Residency 2019-20 (http://www.shaniafans.com/mb/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   Glasgow concert with photos! (http://www.shaniafans.com/mb/showthread.php?t=13109)

scotty 02-22-2004 08:37 PM

Glasgow concert

Just back from Glasgow concert, BRILLIANT! no kidding best concert I have ever been to. Tom (Tower) you would have been proud everyone was UP on there feet the whole night it was one huge UP party. Shania came on and said you look as if you's are UP for it Glasgow GET UP OFF YOUR BUTTS! and from then on in it was a huge party start to finish the noise from the crowd was deafening. Think she reads these message boards lol.Security was great with fans. And Shania and band fed off the crowd, and looked as tho she was enjoying it as much as the fans. She came out for her encore wearing Scottish football jersey, the crowd went mental, that's how mad us Scots are, Scottish team alway's getting beat lol. I got Allison's drumstick, alittle reminder of a great night. Got lot's off photo's wiil have to get them develeped. THANKYOU, Shania and band for such a great night. CHEERS.

scotty 02-22-2004 08:50 PM

Could somebody please move this to the concert thread, i'm so hypo forgot to post it there. THANKS.

Sheri 02-22-2004 09:28 PM

Congrats on what sounds like a TERRIFIC concert!!!!! Way to go fans - GET OFF YOUR BUTTS!!! :D I wish she'd said that in Vegas, I wouldn't have felt so alone up in our section. HA!

scotty 02-22-2004 09:47 PM

At one point Shania took a little 2yr out off her mum's arms and carried her up on stage with her, she said with a big smile on her face and looking real proud I have a 2yr old too, at which point everyone cheered, and Shania was beaming. Then she gave the kid back to her mum saying, I think I am more frightened than the little girl, who did'nt seem to be bothering one bit, cute moment.

corran 02-22-2004 09:54 PM

Scotty

I took the liberty of emailing your Glasgow review on to Tom as his satellite internet link is down...You can see Tom's post on this web site at Update Tom Down South on this same Music, Life Etc listing...It is a good read...As you should know Tom Tower is on the RRS Ernest Shakleton a British Ice Breaker ship...He has also been working with the BAS types down in Antarctica...Welcome to the board Scotty...I really liked your review and I loved it when Shania said Get Off Your Butts...That really sounds like Shania...

Benjamin:D

cbspock 02-22-2004 09:59 PM

Awesome!!!!!!

Shania really knows what tops to wear!!! The crowd went nuts when she wore her Yankee top here in NY.

-Chris

cbspock 02-22-2004 10:01 PM

http://news.scotsman.com/features.cfm?id=213452004

Girl-next-door appeal, with extra Silvikrin
3 stars

WHAT did large groups of women on a big night out dance around their handbags to before there were Shania Twain songs? Was there any accepted hen party soundtrack prior to That Don’t Impress Me Much or Man, I Feel Like A Woman? These Twain standards are among the few self-consciously pop songs of our time which have transcended mere big hit status to become part of social tradition. In a spangly pink stetson.

Twain’s appeal is that of the glamorous girl next door, but there are a few things which separate her from lesser mortals. Her multi-million-selling albums. Her technically impressive and hugely expensive in-the-round stage set-up. Her talent for singing and signing autographs at the same time. The way she teams a vest top and hockey boots with diamanté jewellery. Her personal air-conditioning system which gently wafts through her freshly Silvikrined mane of hair.

But, in many ways, Twain is just like you and me. She enjoys a laugh with her buddies and, to that end, she has hired the perkiest backing band ever to fit round a circular stage. They hopped up to join Twain on her central plateau; she leapt down to skirt the perimeter of the stage, on a perpetual tour of duty. There were extended hands to touch, programmes to sign, toys to receive and babies to kiss. Boy, did Shania work that hall.

She even had time to sing some songs but these were uniformly slick anonymous MOR fare delivered with a country or Celtic twang. Particular stand-outs, for the wrong reasons, were Ka-Ching, Twain’s idea of a satire on the culture of acquisition, and some corny ballad for which she took a seat in the crowd while her band perched on stools centre stage.

There was something gruesomely compelling about the way she sold such abysmal lyrics as "the woman in me needs the man in you". But it would have been more impressive if she had managed it while signing an autograph.

Fiona Shepherd

---------

-Chris

cbspock 02-22-2004 10:18 PM

Silvikrin - a branded name in hair Shampoos and Conditioners, that are made from the finest natural ingredients.

http://www.arimanoasis.com/silvikrin.htm

-Chris

FV 02-22-2004 10:20 PM

Sounds like a GREAT night scotty!:JP Glasgow showed Shania how enthusiastic Shania fans are! Congrats!:dancing I am sure Shania and the band had a truly wonderful time as the fans did...cannot wait to see the pics!Real Cool

corran 02-22-2004 10:23 PM

Chris

I can tell that while Fionna Shepperd is impressed with Shania's style and her musical talent and ability to interface with the crowd. She obviously is not impressed with some of Shania Twains lyrics...But I still liked the way she described Ka-Ching! Twain’s idea of a satire on the culture of acquisition! She apparently does not understand that Shania Twain is trying to pass on a lesson which everyone seems to fall in the debt trap...Satire is simply the wrong word to use in relation to Shania Twain...

Benjamin

corran 02-22-2004 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by cbspock
Silvikrin - a branded name in hair Shampoos and Conditioners, that are made from the finest natural ingredients.

http://www.arimanoasis.com/silvikrin.htm

-Chris

Chris the hair spray is a natural hold hair spray...Meaning it helps the hair stay in place...

Benjamin

Jud 02-22-2004 10:51 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by corran
Chris

I can tell that while Fionna Shepperd is impressed with Shania's style and her musical talent and ability to interface with the crowd. She obviously is not impressed with some of Shania Twains lyrics...But I still liked the way she described Ka-Ching! Twain’s idea of a satire on the culture of acquisition! She apparently does not understand that Shania Twain is trying to pass on a lesson which everyone seems to fall in the debt trap...Satire is simply the wrong word to use in relation to Shania Twain...

Benjamin

I'm sorry to say this, but this writer obviously has some female jealosy problems...
And probably an abysmal taste in lyrics.

corran 02-22-2004 11:09 PM

Chris

You are probably right on the jealousy issue for Fionna Shepperd...

Benjamin

scotty 02-23-2004 04:38 AM

Ah, don't bother with her, the Scotsman is a upmarket paper' mostly business people read it, and doesent reflect the masses...Yes she sounds envious... I was surrounded with DJs from clyde radio and footballer's, who were having a ball.

scotty 02-23-2004 04:46 AM

Forgot, to mention maybe she was refering to B.Bs hairstyle, it was a real scream, he had it up like a mohican supported by ton's of hairjel, hope the photo's turn out. Shania was ribbing him about it, everyone was in stiches.