Shania Boards

Shania Boards (http://www.shaniafans.com/mb/index.php)
-   World Tour and Las Vegas Residency 2019-20 (http://www.shaniafans.com/mb/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   Raleigh, NC Pictures (http://www.shaniafans.com/mb/showthread.php?t=13923)

Christy 05-05-2004 12:05 PM

Raleigh, NC Pictures

1 Attachment(s)
I talked about this some under the Richmond thread, but I'll repeat it here. Security was very strict on cameras...none allowed. I managed to sneak mine in but we were afraid to pull it out of my purse because security was crawling all over us all night. We were on the front row of the lower level an the isle (between the side of the oval and the end of the oval-section 120). We had event staff all around us the whole concert and a person at the isle the whole time to check people going on the floor. There was also security knealing on the floor between the stage and where we sat. And they looked our way the whole time. We only saw a very few people taking pictures from the floor, and we saw security going after them. Rusty, my husband was on camera detail, and we decided it wasn't worth getting our new camera confiscated or getting thrown out of the concert. We just tried to enjoy the concert and right at the end we decided to make a go at it. We got a few pictures at the very end, during the encore and finale. Shania was in a Hurricanes jersey. A lot of our pictures came out blurry because we were trying to be inconspicuous, so these are our best ones. I hate that we couldn't get photos of the other outfits because Shania looked so beautiful in the first outfit (purple and torquoise top and black pants) and the second outfit (pink body glove top and black pants). Does anyone else have pictures of these outfits??? Also after Shania sang WIM in the stands, she ran down from our left and turned and ran down the isle in front of us to get back on stage. She looked so pretty up close...I would have loved to have a picture of that. Well enjoy! (Sorry this is the best we have.)

Christy

Christy 05-05-2004 12:06 PM

Raleigh, NC pictures

1 Attachment(s)
Another...of her back:rolleyes:

Christy 05-05-2004 12:06 PM

Raleigh, NC pictures

1 Attachment(s)
Dancing...

Christy 05-05-2004 12:08 PM

Raleigh, NC pictures

1 Attachment(s)
Lots of confetti there... we were beside the blower and got bombarded with confetti...

Christy 05-05-2004 12:09 PM

Raleigh, NC pictures

1 Attachment(s)
Shania at the end...

Christy 05-05-2004 12:10 PM

Raleigh, NC pictures

1 Attachment(s)
One more as she waves...notice the Canadian flag. Shania liked that and acknowledged it during the concert.

Christy 05-05-2004 12:12 PM

Raleigh, NC pictures

1 Attachment(s)
Final victory lap...

Christy 05-05-2004 12:12 PM

Raleigh, NC pictures

1 Attachment(s)
Final victory lap... #2

Christy 05-05-2004 12:14 PM

Raleigh, NC pictures

1 Attachment(s)
Final victory lap...#3

Christy 05-05-2004 12:17 PM

Raleigh, NC pictures

1 Attachment(s)
One final blurry picture but it shows here jersey.

Christy

cbspock 05-05-2004 12:36 PM

We were on the opposite side of the stage from you.

-Chris

FV 05-05-2004 12:45 PM

Thanks for the wonderful photos Christy!:Bthumb I totally understand about the security behavior at the concert..I took 4 or 5 pics with my disposable camera and they told me to put it down...:rolleyes:

Darrell 05-05-2004 01:33 PM

Thanks for the pics! Security was very relaxed at the Knoxville show...camera flashes were going off all over the place! Matter of fact I have a roll on a disposable camera I took at the show myself! I'll post some scans when I get them back! ;)

Darrell

Christy 05-05-2004 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Darrell
Thanks for the pics! Security was very relaxed at the Knoxville show...camera flashes were going off all over the place! Matter of fact I have a roll on a disposable camera I took at the show myself! I'll post some scans when I get them back! ;)

Darrell

While the security was strict on cameras in Raleigh, it was lax on allowing people to go to the stage. They let hoards of people on the floor rush the stage as Shania approached. It was distracting at times because Shania spent so long trying to give autographs and high five as many people as she could and it was tough for her to keep moving. I even saw a few people from the lower level being allowed on the floor. I did see Shania autograph(scribble) a cast on someone's arm and even the palm of someone's hand.
Christy

kirppu 05-05-2004 04:35 PM

Heeeeeey Christy, why did you say you didn't have such good pics of Raleigh?? Cause they are really great! :D
Those are brilliant jersey pics :GL
I am really grateful :) Thank you very much!