Shania Boards

Shania Boards (http://www.shaniafans.com/mb/index.php)
-   Shania in the news (http://www.shaniafans.com/mb/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   "I Ain't No Quitter" Video DEBUT May 5! (Vidcaps) (http://www.shaniafans.com/mb/showthread.php?t=17455)

tides24 04-12-2005 06:26 AM

"Quitter" To Radio on May 2nd

Shania's NEXT single "I Ain't No Quitter" will be released to country radio only on May 2... currently a format that really doesn't deserve her music.

--Shania.com

cbspock 04-12-2005 07:20 AM

That's true, they don't deserve her.

-Chris

GonnaGetcha720 04-12-2005 07:20 AM

Re: "Quitter" To Radio on May 2nd

Quote:
Originally posted by tides24
Shania's NEXT single "I Ain't No Quitter" will be released to country radio only on May 2... currently a format that really doesn't deserve her music.

--Shania.com

I just can't wait to see it chart!!!!!!!!:D

jen 04-12-2005 08:55 AM

EXCELLENT!!! I can't wait to see the video:)

FV 04-12-2005 11:06 AM

This should also mean that we'll get the video mid-May....get your VCR ready!!!:HG

Steve F 04-12-2005 12:20 PM

I have a feeling IANQ is going to do much better than Don't. It is more suited to country radio and TV.But, unless she has it with a different background for A/C, I don't see it going there.:) Then, if it does well in country, she won't need A/C.;)

Steve

cbspock 04-12-2005 07:02 PM

What are you all smoking??? I want some!!! Quitter is going nowhere on country radio. It does not fit their current mold, even though it is a country song. I'm not holding out hope for it. I will request like mad, but I'm not expecting anything.

-Chris

Cheryl 04-12-2005 09:25 PM

I think I have to agree! I just don't think Shania's music right now can compete with what radio is playing and what some of these young country women are singing at the moment, especially Gretchen! Country fans just love her right now! Shania has her fans, but I think she has lost some of her country fan base! Not me! I love her country and pop/rock sound!!!:)

corran 04-12-2005 10:32 PM

Same here Cheryl...I shall always be listening to Shania's songs...I already miss her charasmatic voice...I hope Shania keeps the new songs a comming...I really look forward to the release of I Ain't No Quitter...

Benjamin:)

Steve F 04-13-2005 11:37 AM

Well. I say before we start giving Shania a eulogy, let's see how she does with it. I know Gretchen is hot right now and she deserves it, But, Shania is tough. She needs the video to have some good hooks and unique stuff in it. Videos sell. Just like on American Idol last night. I finally agree with Simon in that to win you have to do something the public recognizes or they won't vote for you. He was talking about the songs to pick. I haven't smoked anything for nearly 25 years, but I still hope this works for her.:) We know she is not a Lee Ann Womack type that will run back like a wimp because her last CD didn't sell and beg for forgiveness. Of course in her case one cross-over hit does not a pop star make.:D

Steve

cbspock 04-13-2005 09:08 PM

I don't think she has lost her fanbase. It is because class is out and crass is in at country radio.

Look at what her songs do out of the influence of paid spins, etc at AC.

-Chris

Jud 04-13-2005 09:35 PM

She did not lost her hard-core fanbase.
But she did lost generally, people who moved on to other artists.

And an argument - that than they weren't fans at all doesn't count here, aftre all, they were a aprt of her become suvch a big star >>

If they were fans enough when they were requesting her songs, but not not reuqesting them anymore - than you can say Shania lost some fans.

I don't wanna get into the whys, but Shania's songs are being requested less by generall public.

For a song being a hit - and leave out payola for the matter of discussion - every artist need not only their hard-core fanbase, but a wider base too.
On that wider base Shania did lost fans, or people who were reqested her songs.

ojibiwanqueenst 04-13-2005 10:02 PM

I agree. Guys, this may anger you but even here at this board, the members gave up on us. How many of you requested Party For Two?................................Now how many requested Don't!? I'm telling you, we had it all there for you. I don't know why people didn't push, I don't. But you have got to request, you have to believe in the song...Shania won't go anywhere without your support--and you can't quit on us half way in...

cbspock 04-13-2005 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by ojibiwanqueenst
I agree. Guys, this may anger you but even here at this board, the members gave up on us. How many of you requested Party For Two?................................Now how many requested Don't!? I'm telling you, we had it all there for you. I don't know why people didn't push, I don't. But you have got to request, you have to believe in the song...Shania won't go anywhere without your support--and you can't quit on us half way in...

I agree, I think Shania fans are getting very apathetic.

-Chris

STFanForever 04-13-2005 10:19 PM

I requested the heck out of both "Party For Two" and "Don't!" @ my country radio station. I even got on the radio a few times! But, sometimes the radio DJs just don't play the song. (Believe me, that has happened to me a few times!) But my radio station DJs are big fans of Shania, and she is played at least once every hour. I'm pretty confident that "I Ain't No Quitter" will do well, but if it doesn't, well... as Shania would say, "C'est La Vie".:p :D