Shania Boards

Shania Boards (http://www.shaniafans.com/mb/index.php)
-   Shania in the news (http://www.shaniafans.com/mb/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Shania on Nightline -TONIGHT: MAY 5! (http://www.shaniafans.com/mb/showthread.php?t=21887)

cbspock 05-05-2011 10:23 AM

Shania on Nightline -TONIGHT: MAY 5!

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment...ory?id=13529925

Although her songs exude passionate love, country-pop singer Shania Twain knows what it means to be heartbroken.

In an interview with "Nightline" anchor Cynthia McFadden, the famously private performer opened up about growing up hungry and poor in an abusive household, her husband's reputed affair that ended their marriage and her finding love again.

Twain, 45, who has never exposed her personal life in such a public way before, said she now wanted to "testify" to her experiences to help others. Her new memoir, "From This Moment On," is in stores now.

"I think I've remained very detached from my life to this point, almost as though it was a different person, every phrase I went through," Twain said. "So I've reconnected and said, no, this is actually who I am. I'm neither embarrassed of who I am, where I come from, what I've experienced, I'm not ashamed of it."

Growing up in the small town of Timmins, Ontario, Canada, Twain told McFadden about the years of physical abuse she said her mother Sharon endured from her stepfather Jerry Twain, the man she always called "Dad."

"[It was] overwhelming for any child to never know what to expect from one day to the next," Twain said. "It could happen anytime. But also you don't know if they're going to survive it."

Watch the full story on "Nightline" tonight at 11:35 p.m. ET/PT

TO READ MORE GO TO THE LINK ABOVE

-Chris

FV 05-05-2011 12:45 PM

Great! I can watch it...:D

cbspock 05-05-2011 02:17 PM

Sad that Shania felt alone. She really lived her second album "The Woman In Me".

-Chris

cbspock 05-05-2011 04:06 PM

http://abcnews.go.com/Nightline/sha...ory?id=13536818

Country-pop star Shania Twain is not only a successful recording artist, she also shines in the kitchen.

Twain is a devoted vegetarian who loves to cook. After sitting down for an interview with "Nightline" anchor Cynthia McFadden, she took us downstairs to the kitchen at Jean Georges, one of the most acclaimed restaurants in New York, to whip up one her favorite dishes, tofu scramble.

Here is her recipe so you can make it yourself at home. Read her full interview then tune in for more tonight on "Nightline" at 11:35 p.m. ET/PT

Ingredients for Shania's Tofu Scramble:

2-3 tablespoons of olive oil

1 package of firm tofu, very dry

1/3 cup of grated parmesan cheese

1 cup of raw broccoli

1 small bunch of fresh asparagus heads

1 cup of fresh baby spinach

1/2 cup of white onions, finely chopped

1 clove of garlic, minced

1-2 tablespoons of agave syrup

1 teaspoon of fresh basil, chopped

1 teaspoon of fresh parsley, chopped

1/2 cup of yellow cheddar cheese, grated

Salt and pepper, to taste

Preparing Shania's Tofu Scramble:

Takes about 5 minutes to cook.

First, put two medium size pans on high heat. In one pan, add olive oil and bring it to a simmer. Crumble up the tofu with your hands and then add it to the olive oil. Make sure the tofu is as dry as possible because it will cook easier.

Add the broccoli and asparagus heads to the second pan and cover the vegetables with a little bit of water, about 1/4 of a cup. Add the agave syrup and a pinch of salt. Place a lid over the vegetables and allow them to steam for a few minutes.

Returning to the tofu pan, stir the tofu constantly until it starts to brown and add pepper. When it starts to stick to the sides of the pan, add the parmesan cheese and mix.

In the vegetable pan, after broccoli and asparagus have had a chance to cook, add the raw parsley, basil and spinach. Stir together, let it sit for about 30 seconds with the lid on and then drain the water from the vegetables. Return the pan to the stove.

Add the tofu and parmesan cheese mixture to the vegetables and stir until well blended. Add the cheddar cheese, stir until melted, and enjoy!

-Chris

cbspock 05-05-2011 04:09 PM

.........But with her punishing tour and studio schedules, Twain said she eventually began to sense that something was wrong with her marriage around the time of her 2004 "Up" tour.

"When I started to get lonely, then I knew that something wasn't right," she said. "I'm married to someone I love, and I'm so lonely...I didn't want to live that way."

Twain said she began confiding heavily in her close friend, Marie-Anne Thiebaud. They were friends for years until Twain confronted Thiebaud and Lange about having an affair, which she said would ultimately end Twain and Lange's 14-year marriage. She divorced Lange in 2009. Both Lange and Thiebaud have publicly denied the affair ever happened.

"Whether she was part of the cause ... of the breakup or whether it was just me leaning on her because it was already breaking up, I really don't know which came first," Twain said. "What I do know is she took advantage of, you know, the weakness in the relationship between Mutt and I"......

-Chris

FV 05-05-2011 06:27 PM

They just posted a brief clip of the interview already....juicy stuff! :OH :lookout

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment...13529925&page=1

cbspock 05-05-2011 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FV
They just posted a brief clip of the interview already....juicy stuff! :OH :lookout

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment...13529925&page=1

Mutt is such a dishonorable human being. 14 years and he couldn't show Shania a little compassion at the end.

Well Shania was STRIKE THREE, guess he is OUT!

-Chris

cbspock 05-05-2011 08:16 PM

Even as someone who wrote some of the most treasured love songs and then went through incredible heartbreak with the same man, Twain said she will always cherish the songs she and Lange produced together.

"I still think they're beautiful," she said. "Nothing of my present or my future will ever take away what I had in the past, ever. I would never disrespect myself and do that. I'm very happy with every love song I ever wrote in my marriage to Mutt, and I'm very proud of the work we did together."

Even wounded, Shania shows class.

-Chris

cbspock 05-05-2011 10:12 PM

With all these updates, I am so busy this month it is going to take me a while to get all these video caps, and updates on to Shania's Place. Boy it's nice to have Shania back in the game.

-Chris

FV 05-05-2011 11:00 PM

This was probably the shortest interview so far, but by my account also one of the best ones. Very good questions asked about Shania and the autobiography, with some unexpected specific details about the breakup of the marriage.

Key question from the interviewer: "Can you do an album without Mutt?"
Shania's answer: "Of course, I can!" Although she added she did not know whether she can do a great album without Mutt....I am sure the fans will show her that she can indeed do a great album without Mutt!! :giggy:

By the way, Nightline did not blur any face on the photos...LOL! :lookout :GH

cbspock 05-05-2011 11:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FV
This was probably the shortest interview so far, but by my account also one of the best ones. Very good questions asked about Shania and the autobiography, with some unexpected specific details about the breakup of the marriage.

Key question from the interviewer: "Can you do an album without Mutt?"
Shania's answer: "Of course, I can!" Although she added she did not know whether she can do a great album without Mutt....I am sure the fans will show her that she can indeed do a great album without Mutt!! :giggy:

By the way, Nightline did not blur any face on the photos...LOL! :lookout :GH

Of course she can, and it will be just as good if not better.

-Chris

cbspock 05-05-2011 11:24 PM

Great interview, I just saw it. It was nice to see her sing in that clip from Why Not?

-Chris

talkalot24 05-12-2011 12:04 PM

Watch the whole segment with Shania here:
http://abc.go.com/watch/nightline/S...-at-ground-zero

amanda122 05-12-2011 12:37 PM

Because I am outside the United States and its territories, and due to international rights agreements, this video is only available to viewers located within the United States and its territories.