Shania Boards

Shania Boards (http://www.shaniafans.com/mb/index.php)
-   Shania in the news (http://www.shaniafans.com/mb/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   "I Ain't No Quitter" Video DEBUT May 5! (Vidcaps) (http://www.shaniafans.com/mb/showthread.php?t=17455)

Jud 04-13-2005 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by cbspock
I agree, I think Shania fans are getting very apathetic.

-Chris

Well, its maybe the curse of being too big, even for her own fans.
People think or that others will request, or that she's big enough to menage that.

it's part of the dynamics of success.

ojibiwanqueenst 04-13-2005 09:55 PM

News on Video:

Pedal steel player Rick Schmidt of local Americana band The Shadowdogs got the opportunity of a lifetime on March 13 when he received a call from an assistant producer on a video shoot for country superstar Shania Twain. With a video being shot in an old Tijuana building for the tune “I Aint No Quitter,” director Wayne Isham (Metallica, Dave Matthews) needed extra musicians for key scenes in the clip, and Schmidt fit the bill. Schmidt’s son Cole was also used as an extra, but a few hours of watching Twain’s dancers strut their stuff couldn’t have been too shabby, either.

Source: http://www.sdcitybeat.com/article.php?id=2987

I also hear there is a lot of line dancing...:BL

Info on Tijuana: a Mexican city just south of San Diego on the Lower California peninsula; popular among American tourists for racetracks and bullfights..

cbspock 04-13-2005 10:02 PM

Sounds like an interesting video!

-Chris

Jud 04-13-2005 10:09 PM

I always imaged this video as a homage of old-time western-swing.
Lots of dance, and real carachter figures. Maybe even black-and white.

I can't help but thinking her swinging on the Oslo stage, whenever I hear this song.

I love this song (and loved Don't too), so whereever it will be on the charts, its a great funny, twangy tune.

cbspock 04-13-2005 10:20 PM

Shania said she loves swing dancing too.

-Chris

jen 04-13-2005 11:45 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by ojibiwanqueenst
News on Video:

Pedal steel player Rick Schmidt of local Americana band The Shadowdogs got the opportunity of a lifetime on March 13 when he received a call from an assistant producer on a video shoot for country superstar Shania Twain. With a video being shot in an old Tijuana building for the tune “I Aint No Quitter,” director Wayne Isham (Metallica, Dave Matthews) needed extra musicians for key scenes in the clip, and Schmidt fit the bill. Schmidt’s son Cole was also used as an extra, but a few hours of watching Twain’s dancers strut their stuff couldn’t have been too shabby, either.

Source: http://www.sdcitybeat.com/article.php?id=2987

I also hear there is a lot of line dancing...:BL

Info on Tijuana: a Mexican city just south of San Diego on the Lower California peninsula; popular among American tourists for racetracks and bullfights..

Cool, yeah this sounds great! I was wondering when we were gonna hear something on the video. I have family that lives in Tijuana, this should be good!

Debbie 04-14-2005 12:07 AM

Cool news!!! Can't wait to hear the song on the radio and see the vidoe!!:D

sas 04-14-2005 07:00 AM

this is gonna be a winner! EXCITING ...

I'm having one of those moments-- which other video did Wayne Isham direct of Shania's ... at least I think he did;)

cbspock 04-14-2005 07:04 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by sas
this is gonna be a winner! EXCITING ...

I'm having one of those moments-- which other video did Wayne Isham direct of Shania's ... at least I think he did;)

Don't!

-Chris

Jud 04-14-2005 07:27 AM

Seems she does two videos with the same director in a row - like with UP!/Ka-Ching.

Was not he the director of PF2 also?

shaniawarrior 04-14-2005 08:49 AM

Wooooo lets get the phones a ringin', the e-mails a sendin', and most of all, our mouths a movin' & get to requestin' IANQ!! C'mon people...listen to Shania...DON'T! QUIT now because we AIN'T GOIN' DOWN just yet!!!!!!!!! I call the radio stations almost every weekday and request PFT & Don't! However, the radio station that I normally talk to said that they don't have *anyone* requesting *any* of her songs (besides me of course lol)!! :eek: We gotta step up and show Shania just how big a fans we are!!! We may not be able to make her go to number 1 by ourselves, but darn it, if we put the effort out there & request then the DJs might be like, "Wow...maybe people still *do* want to hear her songs!"

WHO'S WITH ME?!?!!:JP

A HYPER Shania fan,
Desiree

jan b 04-14-2005 09:05 AM

It would be great if Shania did some dancing in this video,I would love to see that.:)

Steve F 04-14-2005 09:48 AM

The video sounds like it will be fun. From the way it has been described, it won't be a pop one though. So, if she is going to be successful, it will have to be done strictly in country. It should do well if there is line-dancing and all that. She might grab some just plain country fans on this one that she might not usually get. If it flops or doesn't do well, we the true fans, will know why. This thread has given the reader some good points as to why.

There could be some truth in that she has lost some of her fan base. It should be pointed out though, that Shania could never keep up the tremendous popularity she had during the COO period. No one can sustain such popularity like that forever. What she has now is decent and many artists would die for, but of course it isn't the same. For myself, I just love her music. As long as she writes and gives us good things to listen to, I'll be satisfied, although at the same time, very sad if she doesn't sell.

Steve

FV 04-14-2005 10:06 AM

So far it sounds like I imagined it to be...a lot of fun!!:BL and with Shania line dancing..priceless!:D

Steve F 04-14-2005 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by FV
So far it sounds like I imagined it to be...a lot of fun!!:BL and with Shania line dancing..priceless!:D

Yep, a line dancing Shania should be cool.HEY1

Steve