Shania Boards

Shania Boards (http://www.shaniafans.com/mb/index.php)
-   Shania in the news (http://www.shaniafans.com/mb/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   "I Ain't No Quitter" Video DEBUT May 5! (Vidcaps) (http://www.shaniafans.com/mb/showthread.php?t=17455)

ojibiwanqueenst 04-20-2005 04:34 PM

The singles are sent out a few weeks before add dates. For example, radio has had "Georgia Rain" by Trisha Yearwood since the CMT Awards. It adds next week.

sas 04-20-2005 05:23 PM

Question?.... I was just checking out R&R site and Shania has the notation of (Mercury/IDJMG) beside her name. ... while others on the label like Sugarland just have (Mercury) ..

so what is the IDJMG designation? ISLAND DEF JAM ???

cbspock 04-20-2005 06:50 PM

SHANIA TWAIN RELEASES NEW SINGLE
The determined young singer from Timmins, Ontario, Canada who fought for control of her videos, struggled to get past a weak debut album and unsuccessful debut singles, emerging with a sophomore album that ranks as one of the biggest female albums in history on her way to international superstardom, has released a new single from her greatest hits album the title of which seems all too fitting, "I Ain't No Quitter." It's at radio today.

-countrystars

sas 04-20-2005 07:12 PM

I started requesting TODAY... at radio and GAC .. even though the video is not out yet I'm writing it in when I vote for DONT :)

ojibiwanqueenst 04-20-2005 08:34 PM

Not a bad idea to show some interest to your local station, especially large markets, that you want to hear the song. It obviously hase been shipped, but won't be added for 3 weeks. Major difference and they, more than likely, will not play it. Hopefully you will get lucky.

Jud 04-20-2005 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by ojibiwanqueenst
Not a bad idea to show some interest to your local station, especially large markets, that you want to hear the song. It obviously hase been shipped, but won't be added for 3 weeks. Major difference and they, more than likely, will not play it. Hopefully you will get lucky.

The single is goig to be released officially on the 2nd of may. It's not three weeks from now?

ojibiwanqueenst 04-20-2005 08:50 PM

12 days, so 2 weeks. Sorry..I was guessing..

Jud 04-20-2005 11:13 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by cbspock
SHANIA TWAIN RELEASES NEW SINGLE
The determined young singer from Timmins, Ontario, Canada who fought for control of her videos, struggled to get past a weak debut album and unsuccessful debut singles, emerging with a sophomore album that ranks as one of the biggest female albums in history on her way to international superstardom, has released a new single from her greatest hits album the title of which seems all too fitting, "I Ain't No Quitter." It's at radio today.

-countrystars

Hmm, so maybe the release date was moved UP!?
Better if we start to request it rght now!

Steve F 04-21-2005 12:27 PM

Looks like we have double-duty to do for a while. "I Ain't No Quitter" when it comes to requesting Shania, and please, "Don't" forget this one either when requesting.:D :D :D

Steve

JNT 04-22-2005 05:16 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by cbspock
I don't think she has lost her fanbase. It is because class is out and crass is in at country radio.

Look at what her songs do out of the influence of paid spins, etc at AC.

-Chris
That's very true.

JNT 04-22-2005 05:23 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by jan b
It would be great if Shania did some dancing in this video,I would love to see that.:)
Me too. I like to see her dancing.

Jud 04-22-2005 05:52 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by sas
Question?.... I was just checking out R&R site and Shania has the notation of (Mercury/IDJMG) beside her name. ... while others on the label like Sugarland just have (Mercury) ..

so what is the IDJMG designation? ISLAND DEF JAM ???

Yep, Shania for her non-country release under Island Def Jam. On the Ac charts beside her name appearing only IDJ

ojibiwanqueenst 04-26-2005 05:04 PM

FROM COUNTRYSTARS

MEANWHILE, look for Shania’s video for her new single “I Ain’t No Quitter,” filmed in Mexico, to hit video channels soon.

Iliana 04-28-2005 12:20 AM

i found that!!!

http://www.videostatic.com/merge_crossroads/index.html

SHOT: Shania Twain - Wayne Isham, director
Shania performs at a country bar where the dancers exhibit the unexpected influence of hip-hop styles.

artist: Shania Twain
song: "I Ain't No Quitter"
label: Mercury/Island Def Jam
director(s): Wayne Isham
production co: Merge @ Crossroads

March 30, 2005 in Island Def Jam, Merge @ Crossroads | Permalink | TrackBack

:eek: :eek:

cbspock 04-28-2005 12:22 AM

Interesting...Faith using a director Shania has...

BOOKED: Faith Hill - Wayne Isham, director
This first video off Faith Hill's upcoming album features a mix of live performance with the kind of larger than life conceptual footage that could only come from director Wayne Isham.

artist: Faith Hill
song: "Mississippi Girl"
label: Warner Bros.
director(s): Wayne Isham
production co: Merge @ Crossroads

--------------

Still following our Shania :D

-Chris