Shania Boards

Shania Boards (http://www.shaniafans.com/mb/index.php)
-   Shania in the news (http://www.shaniafans.com/mb/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   New Shania VH1 Special: Shania: What It's Like (http://www.shaniafans.com/mb/showthread.php?t=8234)

tankandmaddie 01-28-2003 04:38 PM

New Shania VH1 Special: Shania: What It's Like

I got this from Claudia at the Forums. Thanks for finding this!

SHANIA: WHAT IT'S LIKE"

Country-crossover superstar Shania Twain turns documentarian in this one-hour special that chronicles her experiences from the recent promotional tour for her latest release "Up!" -- which has now sold over 3 million copies. With the help of her friend and assistant Rhonda Spencer, Shania turns on her video cam to reveal the behind-the-scenes action during her TV, radio and print interviews, as well as how she prepares for her public appearances. Shania also shares her first meeting ever with her idol Dolly Parton, a peek at her private home in Huntsville, Ontario, and how she got mobbed in a local drugstore looking
for a birthday present for her husband.

Premiere Date: Wednesday, February 12, 9:00 p.m.

cbspock 01-28-2003 04:42 PM

Now we know what she was doing with that camera!!!

Guess she should not have waited to get a Birthday card at the last minute..lol I bet that was the night of the MMM special. Poor Shania, she must have forgetton to but on her Clark Kent glasses...lol I guess Canada is not as reserved as she remembers it..lol :D

-Chris

spike 01-28-2003 04:47 PM

Sounds great! :)

Roger 01-28-2003 04:56 PM

Oooooohhhhhhh. I gotta see this but we can't get VH1! :mad:

On Feb. 13, I'm gonna approach some nice person who taped this and ask for a copy. :SM

Roger

cbspock 01-28-2003 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Roger

On Feb. 13, I'm gonna approach some nice person who taped this and ask for a copy. :SM

Roger

I'll put it on the a tape with the other VH1 special.

-Chris

tankandmaddie 01-28-2003 05:14 PM

Does anybody have any idea of where she might have gotten this article? I have checked vh1.com, shania.com, and rockontv.com. I haven't found it anywhere so far. But I can't wait to see the show!!!

Bryce 01-28-2003 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Roger

Roger

I'll get in line behind Roger. And start beging.

Bryce

FV 01-28-2003 07:03 PM

Excellent NEWS! :BL Shania and Dolly together for us to see!:OH :BL

AINAHS 01-28-2003 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by tankandmaddie
Does anybody have any idea of where she might have gotten this article? I have checked vh1.com, shania.com, and rockontv.com. I haven't found it anywhere so far. But I can't wait to see the show!!!
I got this from Tommy's #1 SHANIA TWAIN SuperSite www.shania.funurl.com - it will explain where the article came from also:

Subj: SHANIA: New Reality-Based TV Special - Super Bowl Pics
Date: 1/28/2003 2:49:31 PM Eastern Standard Time
BCC: ******
SHANIA QUICKIES
1/28
Tommy's #1 SHANIA TWAIN SuperSite
shania.funurl.com

NEW REALITY-BASED TV SPECIAL!
SHANIA ROCKS SUPER BOWL!

To All Shania Fans,

NEW REALITY-BASED SHANIA TV SPECIAL!!! VH1 has greenlit an array of reality-based programs and music specials that celebrate the music, artists and trends that define our culture -- and inspire others to make their dreams a reality. One of those programs, titled "SHANIA: WHAT ITS LIKE", is all about Shania's experiences during her recent promotional tour for her new album UP!!!! It premieres Wednesday, February 12th at 9:00pm ET/PT. Here is a description of the show: "Country-crossover superstar Shania Twain turns documentarian in this one-hour special that chronicles her experiences from the recent promotional tour for her latest release "Up!" -- which has now sold over 3 million copies. With the help of her friend and assistant Rhonda Spencer, Shania turns on her video cam to reveal the behind-the-scenes action during her TV, radio and print interviews, as well as how she prepares for her public appearances. Shania also shares her first meeting ever with her idol Dolly Parton, a peek at her private home in Huntsville, Ontario, and how she got mobbed in a local drugstore looking for a birthday present for her husband." This sounds like an excellent and fun show! To read VH1's Press Release posted at Yahoo! News, follow this link:
http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/030128/nytu145_1.html

SHANIA ROCKS SUPER BOWL!!! SEE PICTURES!!! Shania rocked Qualcomm Stadium during Super Bowl XXXVII with a stellar performance during halftime!!! She started the show off with a bang on a stage in the center of the field, launching into her 1997 hit "Man! I Feel Like A Woman!." Then Shania ran down a catwalk to another stage to sing her latest single "Up!," the title song of her current album, during which she was lifted over the crowd in a crane! A SUPER SHOW!!! Oh yeah, Shania's outfit wasn't too bad either! =0). WOW!!! Shania wore a revealing shimmering silver bustier and black miniskirt underneath a shiny black coat that went past her ankles, and thigh-high black leather boots. The coat closed in the middle, hiding her famed midriff. To view pics of Shania's halftime performance, SURF ON OVER TO MY WEBSITE!!!

cbspock 01-28-2003 08:29 PM

Okay....I see they are doing a new Ultimate Albums special, when do you think they will do one on "Come On Over"????

-Chris

tankandmaddie 01-28-2003 10:16 PM

Claudia said she got this from a VH1 press realese.

Anyway, it's nice that VH1 can play these kinds of shows when Shania is not doing promotion in North America. That way we still get to see her, and it kinda gets us over until her next live apperance. Which isn't until April! How am I gonna make it!!:eek:

Also a girl over at the forums said she was reading a Q&A with Shania in Sports Illistustrated. Shania said she just got done filming a Intimate Portrait for Lifetime TV network. Intimate Portrait is so cool, they have such good episodes. And you know how they have a narrator who talks during the show, well it's usually one of the friends of the person on Intimate Portrait. I wonder who they would get to narriate Shania's episode?

cbspock 01-28-2003 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by tankandmaddie
Claudia said she got this from a VH1 press realese.

Anyway, it's nice that VH1 can play these kinds of shows when Shania is not doing promotion in North America. That way we still get to see her, and it kinda gets us over until her next live apperance. Which isn't until April! How am I gonna make it!!:eek:

Also a girl over at the forums said she was reading a Q&A with Shania in Sports Illistustrated. Shania said she just got done filming a Intimate Portrait for Lifetime TV network. Intimate Portrait is so cool, they have such good episodes. And you know how they have a narrator who talks during the show, well it's usually one of the friends of the person on Intimate Portrait. I wonder who they would get to narriate Shania's episode?

I heard the same thing about the Intimate Portrait..from a reliable source.

-Chris

HomerSimpson 01-28-2003 10:22 PM

VH1 could release a DVD Box Set with all these Specials.
I don't know why they've just released Behind The Music so far.

AINAHS 01-28-2003 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by cbspock

I heard the same thing about the Intimate Portrait..from a reliable source.

-Chris
Sports Illustrated is a reliable source methinks!

cbspock 01-28-2003 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by AINAHS
Sports Illustrated is a reliable source methinks!

Yes, it is. I was just confirming it. I know they don't have an air date for it yet.

Maybe they had Dolly or Carrie narrate it.

-Chris