Shania Boards

Shania Boards (http://www.shaniafans.com/mb/index.php)
-   Shania in the news (http://www.shaniafans.com/mb/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Shania to get a [Hollywood] Walk of Fame star: June 2! (http://www.shaniafans.com/mb/showthread.php?t=19847)

cbspock 06-23-2006 03:37 PM

Seeing Stars
-- Music Row should love this. They will soon get to walk all over Shania Twain, even when she's sniffing daisies and thinking up names for her sheep on her New Zealand farm.
Shania, along with Crystal Gayle, Tim McGraw and LeAnn Rimes, are among the 2007 honorees getting stars on the Hollywood Walk of Fame,

Others getting stars on the famous walk include Michelle Pfeiffer, Robert Altman, Mariah Carey, The Doors, and Lily Tomlin.

-countrynation.com

:hyst:

-Chris

cbspock 06-23-2006 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debbie
Thanks, awagner for the info. The best part of your information is "The recipient must agree to attend the dedication ceremony". Not that I had any doubt that she wouldn't but it is still nice you know for sure that she will attend. Hollywood here I come!!! Again CONGRATULATIONS SHANIA you sooooo deserve it!

Let's hope that she schedules it the day of a concert, then a lot of us would make the trip.

-Chris

resessions 06-23-2006 04:16 PM

I totally want to be in Hollywood to see her when the ceremony is done on the walk of fame. I wonder how far in advance that info will be released so that we can book reservations to be there. I bet it has somewhat to do with the schedule of the artist and all, but I think Chris is right that it'd be a good time to do this at the same period when the new CD is released.

It would be awesome if she could combine this CD release, the walk of fame star ceremony AND a Grant Park style (Chicago) concert at the Hollywood Bowl to kick off the new CD release. That would ROCK !!!!! Of course there would be too many fans wanting to attend a concert at the Hollywood bowl so maybe she could do the concert at Dodger Stadium or the RoseBowl. That would be cool.

sandypsych 06-23-2006 04:21 PM

I do not think it is up to the individual to pick when they want to have the star presented, the committee does that. It is great that she is getting the star regardless of when it might be. It certainly is well deserved.

angwags 06-23-2006 04:25 PM

I just read on Yahoo, that all dates for next year's ceremonies will be announced later this year! :)

Steve F 06-23-2006 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by corran
On that last one Steve...Contributions to the community...Shania has made contributions in both the USA and Canada in regards to community support...So that goes doubly so...Check and Check!!! Ha Ha!

Got me there Ben! :HA Check and Check!

Steve

jen 06-23-2006 04:59 PM

WOW, this is great news and very well deserved!!! Depends on the date but I am going to try to make it too!!! WOOOOOOHOOOOOO!!! :)

Debbie 06-23-2006 05:00 PM

I just read on the Hollywood Chamber of Commerce web site that they announce the 'star' ceremonies about a week before they happen. That is not to say that they are not announced on other places, such as star sites, Access Hollywood, ET, etc. sooner. I sure hope that for everyone Shania's is announced somewhere sooner than a week before it happens. A week is enough time for me but I live here, most people will need more than a weeks notice to get here to see it. We will just have to put our powerful search engines to work! :)

Cheryl 06-23-2006 05:37 PM

This is great news and thanks for the info about this! Congratulations Shania!!! :yippee: :clap :)

cbspock 06-23-2006 05:49 PM

Quote:
I just read on the Hollywood Chamber of Commerce web site that they announce the 'star' ceremonies about a week before they happen. That is not to say that they are not announced on other places, such as star sites, Access Hollywood, ET, etc. sooner. I sure hope that for everyone Shania's is announced somewhere sooner than a week before it happens. A week is enough time for me but I live here, most people will need more than a weeks notice to get here to see it. We will just have to put our powerful search engines to work! :)

Tracy will have to do some detective work hehe hehe

-Chris

shabas 06-23-2006 06:53 PM

Congrats to Shania:D

STFanForever 06-23-2006 07:46 PM

Quote:
WOW!!! This is something that I will have to attend for sure!!!! Hey Paige maybe I can talk to your parents during the convention and convince them to have you come out to L.A. and stay with Jack and I for a visit...we could make sure it was just about the time Shania gets her star!!!!! :) :GH

CONGRATULATIONS SHANIA!! :) :)

Sure, Debbie! That would be awesome! My parents said we'll definitely talk about it at the Fan Convention! HEY1

STFanForever 06-23-2006 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbspock
Tracy will have to do some detective work hehe hehe

-Chris

Yes, she sure will! hehe

STFanForever 06-23-2006 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by resessions
It would be awesome if she could combine this CD release, the walk of fame star ceremony AND a Grant Park style (Chicago) concert at the Hollywood Bowl to kick off the new CD release. That would ROCK !!!!! Of course there would be too many fans wanting to attend a concert at the Hollywood bowl so maybe she could do the concert at Dodger Stadium or the RoseBowl. That would be cool.

That would be soooooooo awesome, Richard! I'm all for that! HEY1 :giggy:

cbspock 06-23-2006 10:03 PM

Also, "Jack Bauer" will have a star too!!! WHOHOO!!!

-Chris