Shania Boards

Shania Boards (http://www.shaniafans.com/mb/index.php)
-   The Former Shania Centre in Timmins (http://www.shaniafans.com/mb/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Fan Con 4: Stories and Photos! (http://www.shaniafans.com/mb/showthread.php?t=19962)

FV 08-08-2006 09:34 PM

Fan Con 4: Stories and Photos!

Well the first night has gone by already...we went to the Mandarin Buffet, very nice place...great food, lots of food..! YUM! We are already getting spoiled...I took three photos only..too busy eating..;)

A photo of the dining area where our group was, a photo of the very first part of the buffet...and a photo of my choice of desserts....More to come tomorrow night...

By the way I have already seen some new STC merchandise: there is a new tshirt/jersey like....it looks like one that cyclists wear...it is red or dark blue with the logo of the STC on the shoulder on the side....really nice!! :D Tracy showed us a new STC watch (I believe they have the men's and women's versions) with the STC logo.....more info and photos of the new STC merchandise when I get to Timmins.... :SN

cbspock 08-08-2006 09:42 PM

Thanks for the update FV.

-Chris

cbspock 08-08-2006 10:44 PM

Pictures on STC Site as well...

http://www.shaniatwaincentre.com/fo...opic.php?t=1462

-Chris

Steve F 08-09-2006 10:50 AM

Thanks FV for the prompt start.

Steve

cbspock 08-09-2006 11:11 AM

I have pics from Sheri I will post tonight.

-Chris

cbspock 08-09-2006 11:12 AM

http://www.timminstimes.com/story.php?id=246993

Timmins will be a haven for Shania Twain fans this coming weekend.
The fourth annual Shania Twain Fan Convention will be taking place, and organizer Tracy Hautenan said it is truly a world-wide event.
“We have people coming in not just from Timmins but from Germany, France, England and Scotland amongst other places,” she said.
Hautenan was on a bus to Toronto to meet some fans and bring them back to Timmins for the event.
“This gives us a great opportunity to show off Northern Ontario,” she said.
This is the second year the event is featuring a bus ride that will take fans to many different parts of Twain’s upbringing.
The trek will go to the Mattagami First Nation where Twain spent some of her childhood.
“The fans will get to see part of Shania’s youth,” said Hautenan.
Also, there will be a tour of Timmins High and Vocational School, where Twain attended during her teen years.
There will also be karaoke and a video dance.
Two members of Shania’s band, Allison Cornell and J.D. Blair will be on hand to meet and greet.
Last but not least, the fans will be able to experience all the exhibits of the Shania Twain Centre in Timmins.
“Touring the Shania Twain Centre is the most in-depth look at her career,” said Hautenan.
She said many fans are coming back to Timmins for the Fan Convention and there is still room left for those interested.
“Those interested can register online, by phone or at the centre itself,” she said.
Hautenan said she believes that Shania should be thanked for continuously mentioning Timmins and making sure she showed she was proud of being from Northern Ontario.
She also pointed out that many fans have found out about Timmins from Twain.
“One fan from Finland told me he came to the Convention because he had heard Shania say that parts of his country reminded her of Timmins,” she said.

She added that while she would love for Twain to come back to Timmins in some form, that this event is for her fans.
“If Shania came, we’d have to have a larger venue and it’d be a one-day event,” she said. “This way we can show her fans a wide variety of things.”

angwags 08-09-2006 11:30 AM

Thanks, FV!!! We can't wait for more!! :drool:

FV 08-09-2006 11:14 PM

Ok, here's the summary for day 2..:)

We started this morning at 10 AM, went to the CMT Canada building in Toronto and got a tour there..it lasted about 20 minutes, we saw a couple of studios where they tape they shows (Top 20 Chewy and something like that..) then saw a few production/editing studios....with a short interview of Shania, the one she did last November for the perfume promotion..:D

Then we got to answer questions on Canadian coutnry singers for some CMT tshirts..and got a CMT sticker....we ate lunch at a mall outside Toronto...very nice place, huge, opened in 2004....then we drove for about 2 and a half hours to Deerhurst, watching a couple of CDs Spock prepared for us..:BL...it has been a wonderful day, sunny and warm...we visited the meeting rooms where Shania had her wedding receptions for 18 people, the visited the place where the original stage for the show was, when Shania performed there...then went to dinner at 6 M at the restaurant L'Eclipse....I'll post the menu with the photos in 10 minutes..

At 7.45 PM went to the show, titled "Edge", took a shuttle there...very good show, 45 minutes then a 15 minute intermission, then another 45 minutes..they did songs from the 1970s and a few from the 1980s..no Shania songs though..:( I forgot in the afternoon we met with the show musical director and one of the leading female singers, she sang TDIMM with the director playing with an acustic guitar..she was very good indeed....we also watched in the afternoon a short clip from the Much More Music "Driven" show, the part about Shania at Deerhurst...it brought back a lot of stuff I had forgotten!!! LOL!

After the show at Deerhurst got back on the bus, and drove to North Bay, we got here around 11.45 PM.... :SN Gimme 10 minutes to post a bunch of photos... :giggy:

cbspock 08-09-2006 11:15 PM

Here are pictures Sheri sent from 8/8.....

cbspock 08-09-2006 11:16 PM

More from sheri on 8/8

Thanks Sheri!!!!

cbspock 08-09-2006 11:21 PM

More updates from REN on the STC board and pics as well....

http://www.shaniatwaincentre.com/fo...er=asc&start=15

-Chris

cbspock 08-09-2006 11:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FV
Ok, here's the summary for day 2..:)

We started this morning at 10 AM, went to the CMT Canada building in Toronto and got a tour there..it lasted about 20 minutes, we saw a couple of studios where they tape they shows (Top 20 Chewy and something like that..) then saw a few production/editing studios....with a short interview of Shania, the one she did last November for the perfume promotion..:D

Then we got to answer questions on Canadian coutnry singers for some CMT tshirts..and got a CMT sticker....we ate lunch at a mall outside Toronto...very nice place, huge, opened in 2004....then we drove for about 2 and a half hours to Deerhurst, watching a couple of CDs Spock prepared for us..:BL...it has been a wonderful day, sunny and warm...we visited the meeting rooms where Shania had her wedding receptions for 18 people, the visited the place where the original stage for the show was, when Shania performed there...then went to dinner at 6 M at the restaurant L'Eclipse....I'll post the menu with the photos in 10 minutes..

At 7.45 PM went to the show, titled "Edge", took a shuttle there...very good show, 45 minutes then a 15 minute intermission, then another 45 minutes..they did songs from the 1970s and a few from the 1980s..no Shania songs though..:( I forgot in the afternoon we met with the show musical director and one of the leading female singers, she sang TDIMM with the director playing with an acustic guitar..she was very good indeed....we also watched in the afternoon a short clip from the Much More Music "Driven" show, the part about Shania at Deerhurst...it brought back a lot of stuff I had forgotten!!! LOL!

After the show at Deerhurst got back on the bus, and drove to North Bay, we got here around 11.45 PM.... :SN Gimme 10 minutes to post a bunch of photos... :giggy:

COOL!!!!!

I don't know if you watch the disc yet, but one I sent had Driven and "before they were stars" on it. With the clips of Shania at Deerhurst.

Can't wait to see the pictures!!!!

-Chris

FV 08-09-2006 11:39 PM

Here's the first batch of photos...all these were from the CMT visit.. :)

FV 08-09-2006 11:40 PM

PART 2 of the CMT visit

FV 08-09-2006 11:44 PM

Here are three photos from the Mall part ....at lunch...

Deerhurst photos ready in 5 minutes.. :giggy: