Shania Boards

Shania Boards (http://www.shaniafans.com/mb/index.php)
-   Shania in the news (http://www.shaniafans.com/mb/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Shania to get a [Hollywood] Walk of Fame star: June 2! (http://www.shaniafans.com/mb/showthread.php?t=19847)

cbspock 06-23-2006 10:30 PM

Here is a mock up DAX did....




-Chris

corran 06-23-2006 11:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbspock
Here is a mock up DAX did....




-Chris


Shania has got her work cut out for her maintaining all her stars...Ha Ha!

corran 06-24-2006 07:01 AM

Found this add on SunRocket Internet Phone Service news.

Link: http://contactmusic.com/new/xmlfeed...dwebpages/carey combs and foxx to receive hollywood stars_1000739

CAREY, COMBS and FOXX TO RECEIVE HOLLYWOOD STARS


Also see:
MARIAH CAREY
SEAN COMBS
JAMIE FOXX
THE DOORS
ANN RIMES
SHANIA TWAIN
ROBERT ALTMAN
KIEFER SUTHERLAND
MATT DAMON


MARIAH CAREY, SEAN COMBS and JAMIE FOXX are among the celebrities who will receive stars on the Hollywood Walk of Fame next year (07). The Hollywood Walk of Fame committee recently finalised their selections for 2007 - over 200 nominations were received and 23 celebrities were selected to receive the honour. Other recipients including THE DOORS, singers LeANN RIMES and SHANIA TWAIN, director ROBERT ALTMAN and actors KIEFER SUTHERLAND, MATT DAMON and MICHAEL CAINE.
24/06/2006 10:02

Interesting this someone left out Tim McGraw...But then again they did not list all the qualifiers either. But it is notable that they listed Shania Twain and Leann Rimes together...Ha Ha!

Benjamin :giggy: HI!

Debbie 06-24-2006 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by STFanForever
Sure, Debbie! That would be awesome! My parents said we'll definitely talk about it at the Fan Convention! HEY1


We will be doing a lot of talking at the convention Paige. Your parents are invited to stay here, too. In fact we have a lot of floor room if anyone else wants to stay here. :)

stwainfan 06-24-2006 09:53 AM

great news :):):)

jen 06-24-2006 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by resessions
It would be awesome if she could combine this CD release, the walk of fame star ceremony AND a Grant Park style (Chicago) concert at the Hollywood Bowl to kick off the new CD release. That would ROCK !!!!! Of course there would be too many fans wanting to attend a concert at the Hollywood bowl so maybe she could do the concert at Dodger Stadium or the RoseBowl. That would be cool.



It would have to be at a bigger arena. I seen Shania in concert at the HollyWood Bowl during COO Tour and although it gave the best sound, I didn't think it was the best atmosphere for a rockin' Shania concert.

jen 06-24-2006 09:17 PM

Since Shania likes to make several appearances at one time when doing promotion we are going to have to keep an eye out for other appearances in the LA area such as on Jay Leno, and Ellen.

STFanForever 06-25-2006 02:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debbie
We will be doing a lot of talking at the convention Paige.


You got that right, Debbie! HEY1 :giggy:

amanda122 06-25-2006 04:10 AM

Another acknowledgement for her achievements. First the Order of Canada and now a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame, it seems as though Shania's dreams are coming true all at once.

CSCfan 06-25-2006 05:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jen
Since Shania likes to make several appearances at one time when doing promotion we are going to have to keep an eye out for other appearances in the LA area such as on Jay Leno, and Ellen.


I'm feeling she's already released her 2nd single around that time (if it's indeed Jan/Feb).. :GL

FV 06-25-2006 05:10 AM

This is fantastic news! Congratulations Shania! :JP :clap Time to party....and definitively the new album is now coming out within a year.....time to fly to LA...and party at Debbie and Jack's place!!! :HG

Debbie 06-25-2006 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FV
This is fantastic news! Congratulations Shania! :JP :clap Time to party....and definitively the new album is now coming out within a year.....time to fly to LA...and party at Debbie and Jack's place!!! :HG



You got that right FV!!!! :band )~ :bounce015 :dancing :reddancin

resessions 06-26-2006 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jen
Since Shania likes to make several appearances at one time when doing promotion we are going to have to keep an eye out for other appearances in the LA area such as on Jay Leno, and Ellen.


Thats a great point! Up at the outdoor shopping mall next to Universal Studios, there is a Kiosk that hands out free tickets for TV show tapings, including the Tonight Show w/Jay Leno. We might need to invade that Kiosk the second Shania is booked for his show. The Tonight Show usually starts taping at 5pm (Los Angeles time) and I've got in line at about 9am the day of the show have have always beenin the front couple of rows where you can high-5 Jay at the start. The very front row is usually reserved for VIP's or guests of VIP's but still it's worth getting in line that early to be down close.

cbspock 06-26-2006 10:44 AM

We need to get on the VIP list..lol

-Chris

Debbie 06-26-2006 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by resessions
Thats a great point! Up at the outdoor shopping mall next to Universal Studios, there is a Kiosk that hands out free tickets for TV show tapings, including the Tonight Show w/Jay Leno. We might need to invade that Kiosk the second Shania is booked for his show. The Tonight Show usually starts taping at 5pm (Los Angeles time) and I've got in line at about 9am the day of the show have have always beenin the front couple of rows where you can high-5 Jay at the start. The very front row is usually reserved for VIP's or guests of VIP's but still it's worth getting in line that early to be down close.



The last time Shania was there I was in the front row. We just got in line very early, like 6 a.m. We were first in line. Nicole Kidman-Urban was also there with Shania. It was a great show and sounded much better in the studio than it did on tv. You are not supposed to call out any names during the taping but after the taping as they were leaving the stage I stood up and yelled out "Shania, we love you!" and she turned looked at me and waved. I figured what could they do to me...throw me out...the show was over. They did not do anything to me, in fact after I yelled someone else yelled "Nicole, we love you, too". I had a lot of fun except it is FREEZING in the studio! :)


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:35 PM.

Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.