Shania Boards

Shania Boards (http://www.shaniafans.com/mb/index.php)
-   The Former Shania Centre in Timmins (http://www.shaniafans.com/mb/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   8th Annual Shania Twain Centre Fan Convention: Stories and Photos! (http://www.shaniafans.com/mb/showthread.php?t=21785)

FV 08-04-2010 09:50 AM

8th Annual Shania Twain Centre Fan Convention: Stories and Photos!

I will try to post daily with summary of events and photos from the Fan Convention.....! :SN

cbspock 08-04-2010 10:58 AM

Have a great time!!!!

-chris

Jud 08-04-2010 11:25 AM

Have a great time!

FV 08-06-2010 06:46 AM

Here are the first photos from yesterday. Most of us rode in the limo with Marja who won the prize, it was a really nice car, we should do this when we go see Shania in concert in the future...

Then a few photos from the lobby of the Centre....

..and a preview of Debbie's cross stitch....! really beautiful!

Temperatures are a little low.....for the summer mind you..LOL! but it should be nice today..
On to the torch experience and the Police Station....it will be fun!

cbspock 08-06-2010 10:07 AM

What's up with the costume Tracy????

-chris

FV 08-06-2010 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbspock
What's up with the costume Tracy????

-chris

Tracy was Inspector MIFLAW, a CSI trained investigator of some sort, who was trying to find out who took the missing Olympic Relay Shania Torch that suddenly disappeared from the Centre...

FV 08-06-2010 03:50 PM

Quick Report about this morning: We went to the Centre and watched an online video of Shania here in Timmins (the same video Shania posted at her official Fan Club), then we got our own replicas of the Olympic Torch made by Tracy.. :SN They turned out really nice!

We then headed to the baseball field and ran the same leg of the Torch Relay Shania did on January 1st....it was really cold today too! :lookout
We got our group photo taken and then went back to the Centre for lunch....where Tracy also brought out some of the Shania memorabilia from the back room...like the tour wardrobe....and we checked some of the awards in the lobby area...I think a couple of old ones have been added to the wall.

cbspock 08-06-2010 04:19 PM

Nice!!!!!

-Chris

FV 08-07-2010 07:14 AM

I am late with these reports! :OH ...So Thursday afternoon we visited the Police Station: the Deputy Chief explained how the city police coordinated for the Olympic Torch Run with the OPP and Mounties, how they took care of Shania who remained at the Police Station getting ready until the last minute....Then he gave us a tour of the police station itself, whose bulding is brand new (2007): the 911 emergency operator services, the holding cells, the mug shots and fingerprint area and the training area for the officers on the force. At the end we visited the police garage where they kept the motorcycles, bikes, snowmobiles and finally a cruiser.....

Some photos here:

FV 08-07-2010 07:16 AM

Tracy in a holding cell..! Ren posted many of the mug shots we took at the STC messageboard too....

FV 08-07-2010 07:19 AM

Police officer explaining how a taser works...

clegger26 08-07-2010 11:38 AM

Thanks for the updates, FV!

FV 08-08-2010 07:44 AM

Trying to catch with the reports and photos: On Friday night we went to the Centre, had dinner and then headed out for a tour of the Gold Mine. Bonnie, Betsy and I also went outside to check on the trees we planted at the first Fan Convention in 2003 and we found few of them, but we did find Chris', Bonnie's and my trees! :SN They still have the tag at the bottom....

Chris' tree (one of the taller ones there...):

My tree (one of the shortest ones there! :lookout : ):

FV 08-08-2010 07:55 AM

That same night we did the Shania Trivia Champ and Betsy is the new Champion! :giggy:

On Saturday morning we visited the Centre with the new Olympic Torch Run exhibit, which is located right at the beginning in its own case. Then a few of us talked to the media, the press especially, so we need to look for the paper on Monday I think...

After lunch, we went to play some street hockey, it was a lot of fun, but it is quite good exercise too!

cbspock 08-08-2010 08:56 AM

Congratulations Betsy!!!! Cool you found some of the trees.

-Chris