Shania Boards

Shania Boards (http://www.shaniafans.com/mb/index.php)
-   Shania in the news (http://www.shaniafans.com/mb/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Shania album 2012 (http://www.shaniafans.com/mb/showthread.php?t=21961)

cbspock 06-18-2011 10:18 AM

Shania album 2012

In the new issue of country weekly, Shania mentions plans are to release an album in 2012, of her own material working with no co-writers. She is going to finish all the songs she has been working on over the past few years. She is getting ready to go back into the studio now.

So we do have music on the way, its a matter of when its ready.

-Chris

talkalot24 06-18-2011 02:01 PM

I hope it's early 2012!!

cbspock 06-18-2011 02:19 PM

I should have scans of all the recent articles in various magazines up on my site, I hope by the end of next week, but it seems in this interview her plans are to hit the studio this summer. So maybe she will get done early. It seems like she is ready to get back to work.

She also said one of her fears was the anticipation of people wanting to hear new material from her without Mutt.

-Chris

sas 06-18-2011 07:18 PM

She will do just fine.. Shania is an exceptional talent.. I cannot wait.. Most likely this will be her best work yet..

NO WORRIES SHANIA we will be right here when its done :)

cbspock 06-18-2011 08:52 PM

This was the quote "I was afraid to write a song and share a song with the world knowing that everybody is waiting and anticipating something from me without Mutt"

"Now the rest of the songs I've been working o over the last couple of years, I'll enjoy finishing them. I'm no longer afraid to go forward with that" Shania adds that she plans to write the full album herself without co-writers. The goal is to release the album in 2012.

As to a producer, she would love continue to work with Foster, however she is leaving her options open as to a producer, and it might be more than one person.

-Chris

FV 06-19-2011 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbspock
As to a producer, she would love continue to work with Foster, however she is leaving her options open as to a producer, and it might be more than one person.

Very happy to hear that she is back on track...and that new music is coming real soon... :giggy:

talkalot24 06-19-2011 12:03 PM

In an interview I saw from CMA Fest, Shania said she hoped to have a better idea as to when the album would be released by the end of the summer.

Steve F 06-20-2011 10:46 AM

I wonder if the new album will be anything like Today? Actually, I don't think so. Shania now has a whole new perspective in her musical career. She's not co-writing, has a new producer or more than one possibly, and no Mutt influence. Maybe not having Mutt behind her will be a minus, but I am really looking forward to see and hear Shania unplugged from all of the past. Today is the day that begins her new career is a good way to look at it!! HEY1

Steve