Shania Boards

Shania Boards (http://www.shaniafans.com/mb/index.php)
-   Shania in the news (http://www.shaniafans.com/mb/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Shania on Oprah: May 3, 2011! (http://www.shaniafans.com/mb/showthread.php?t=21870)

amanda122 04-29-2011 05:39 AM

Shania on Oprah: May 3, 2011!

Post from Shaniafannum1 on The Shania Forums:

I was lucky enough to score tickets to the Oprah show for today (April 28)!! All I can say is AMAZING!!

When we arrived at Harpo Studios, most people in line didn't even know it was the Shania filming. After a ton of waiting, my mom and I were seated towards the back and waited for Shania to grace the stage. The segment was very detailed and her book sounds very in depth. They talked a lot about Shania's childhood and Mutt's betrayal. Carrie and Fred were both in the audience- Carrie cried but Shania was able to keep her composure.

They showed a ton of clips of Why Not? And the show looks awesome! Should be a good, interesting watch. They also showed a clip of Shania going to a bar in Oak Lawn, IL, to surprise a male fan that loves to sinng MIFLAW for karaoke. Shania then surprised him with a trip to Nashville in June (during Fan Fair) to have brunch with her!!

Couple more side notes: Shania uses a lot of hairspray, Oprah commented that it was making her nauseous lol. Saw Shania leave with Fred and Carrie and Fred waved. I'm a true stalker, can't help it lol.

And the best part- Shania/Oprah are sending everyone in the audience to Nashville for two days for that brunch with Shania!! I'm so excited, I couldn't contain myself lol. And they're setting us up at the Opryland!!

And as for new music: she stated that she is very much wanting to sing again but I think the docuseries will really show that journey. No dates or timelines were given. I would have rathered they discussed her music more but it was Oprah- gotta get the emotions going.

cbspock 04-29-2011 07:29 AM

Fan Fair, I wonder if she is going to make an appearance. That would be huge.

-Chris

Steve F 04-30-2011 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amanda122
Post from Shaniafannum1 on The Shania Forums:

I was lucky enough to score tickets to the Oprah show for today (April 28)!! All I can say is AMAZING!!

When we arrived at Harpo Studios, most people in line didn't even know it was the Shania filming. After a ton of waiting, my mom and I were seated towards the back and waited for Shania to grace the stage. The segment was very detailed and her book sounds very in depth. They talked a lot about Shania's childhood and Mutt's betrayal. Carrie and Fred were both in the audience- Carrie cried but Shania was able to keep her composure.

They showed a ton of clips of Why Not? And the show looks awesome! Should be a good, interesting watch. They also showed a clip of Shania going to a bar in Oak Lawn, IL, to surprise a male fan that loves to sinng MIFLAW for karaoke. Shania then surprised him with a trip to Nashville in June (during Fan Fair) to have brunch with her!!

Couple more side notes: Shania uses a lot of hairspray, Oprah commented that it was making her nauseous lol. Saw Shania leave with Fred and Carrie and Fred waved. I'm a true stalker, can't help it lol.

And the best part- Shania/Oprah are sending everyone in the audience to Nashville for two days for that brunch with Shania!! I'm so excited, I couldn't contain myself lol. And they're setting us up at the Opryland!!

And as for new music: she stated that she is very much wanting to sing again but I think the docuseries will really show that journey. No dates or timelines were given. I would have rathered they discussed her music more but it was Oprah- gotta get the emotions going.

AWESOME!! Great for you Amanda!!! :) Plus thanks for the info.

Steve

FV 04-30-2011 07:23 PM

Shania on Oprah: May 3, 2001!

Please post all news about the Oprah episode in this thread.....and set your TIVO for May 3rd!

FV 04-30-2011 07:26 PM

Fanfair would be great for many fans!!!!!!!!!!! I can see her do a book signing event there.... :SN

Sheri 04-30-2011 08:52 PM

Heeere we go!! Gosh, it's good to have her back! :)

cbspock 04-30-2011 09:47 PM

-Chris

byrdman 04-30-2011 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FV
Fanfair would be great for many fans!!!!!!!!!!!

now known as the CMA Music Festival! :)

June 9-12, 2011! :)

Al

cbspock 04-30-2011 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by byrdman
now known as the CMA Music Festival! :)

June 9-12, 2011! :)

Al

I won't be able to go, I will be at Texas Motor Speedway watching Danica kick some butt.

-Chris

clegger26 05-01-2011 12:05 AM

I just subscribed to OWN last week just to watch the Shania special and then I'll be cancelling that package after the last show. One week to go!

Steve F 05-01-2011 09:43 AM

I am so glad I got a DVR from Time Warner a few months ago. :) Saw FTMO next to Steven Tyler's new book in this Sunday's Target flyer.

Steve

talkalot24 05-01-2011 02:49 PM

What I want to know is ... where is Warrior????

cbspock 05-01-2011 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by talkalot24
What I want to know is ... where is Warrior????

Probably already camping out...lol

I sent her a note via facebook.

-Chris

AINAHS 05-02-2011 07:15 PM

What time does the show air?

FV 05-02-2011 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AINAHS
What time does the show air?

4 PM ET in my area.